Worst Democratic President (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 08:25:47 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  Worst Democratic President (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ?
Wilson

FDR

Truman

Kennedy

LBJ

Carter

Clinton

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 57

Author Topic: Worst Democratic President  (Read 17032 times)
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« on: September 30, 2005, 09:08:32 AM »

Of those listed, Wilson. Clinton a close second. But they were all better than most 19th century Democrat presidents. Though not necessarily better men. (Going by personal character rather than presidency, imy vote goes to Kennedy btw.)
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2005, 02:24:22 PM »

Of those listed, Wilson. Clinton a close second. But they were all better than most 19th century Democrat presidents. Though not necessarily better men. (Going by personal character rather than presidency, imy vote goes to Kennedy btw.)

Why Clinton?  Because peace and prosperity are so bad?
Peace? In the 90s? Where? Prosperity off stolen goods.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2005, 02:29:30 PM »

Continuing First world prosperity is based - in fact, dependent - in large part on unfair trade practices, was what I was saying. It wasn't aimed specifically at Clinton, but generally at measuring the quality of a First World statesman by the state of the economy.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2005, 02:35:44 PM »

I understand.  You want to end free trade and hinder the first world economies on the basis of unethical exploitation of third world labor and goods.
No. I don't want to end free trade, I can't end free trade, there is no free trade right now. 
You must be logged in to read this quote.
Oh, but I do. I realize it's asking too much, though.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2005, 03:17:42 PM »

I find it admirable that you care more about others that you will never meet half-a-world away, but I feel differently.  I'd rahter have my money (as would the majority of first-world residents).

Honestly, I do find it admirable, I'm not being sarcastic.  It's kind of like the vegetarians who refuse to eat meat because they don't want animals killed.

But we're getting off topic.  Good luck to you, Lewis.
I do hope to go to Laos some day. And I have lived in a poor neighborhood in India for months, which of course influences my position.
(And I am a vegetarian who refuses to eat meat because I don't want animals raised in captivity all their lives before getting killed. I got no problem with the killing of animals itself - that's an inevitable fact of life.)
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies