Politico: Guccifer 2.0 posts alleged Clinton Foundation files
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 11:50:52 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Politico: Guccifer 2.0 posts alleged Clinton Foundation files
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Politico: Guccifer 2.0 posts alleged Clinton Foundation files  (Read 1192 times)
kyc0705

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 04, 2016, 03:20:46 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Full story here: http://www.politico.com/story/2016/10/guccifer-hacker-clinton-foundation-files-229113
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2016, 03:26:07 PM »

Like premature ejaculation, that was wholly unstaistfying.

It should be noted they just doxxed hundreds if not thousands of donors.
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2016, 03:26:14 PM »

Looked through the "leaks", basically a nothingburger. The TARP funds/Congressional Donation spreadsheet is all publicly available information and was likely a compliance document for the DNC. I doubt any of these files came from a Clinton Foundation server since they all appear to be internal Democratic Party documents. Probably just leftovers from the DNC breach that the Russians are recycling to meddle in the election.
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2016, 03:37:45 PM »

Looked through the "leaks", basically a nothingburger. The TARP funds/Congressional Donation spreadsheet is all publicly available information and was likely a compliance document for the DNC. I doubt any of these files came from a Clinton Foundation server since they all appear to be internal Democratic Party documents. Probably just leftovers from the DNC breach that the Russians are recycling to meddle in the election.

Russian intelligence really needs to just butt out of US elections and domestic politics.... after the election they might well find an even more hostile reception in Washington from both political parties and the Executive Branch agencies than before.

So no "smoking gun" here, even assuming the the files weren't manipulated in Moscow, prior to being released.
rafta_rafta

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2016, 03:42:57 PM »

Doesn't Clinton Foundation have to disclose their donors since they are a charitable foundation
Fusionmunster

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2016, 03:45:49 PM »

Thats it?
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2016, 03:48:52 PM »
« Edited: October 04, 2016, 03:50:27 PM by Virginia »

So no "smoking gun" here, even assuming the the files weren't manipulated in Moscow, prior to being released.

It looks bad, and it will probably be jabbered on and on about. However, TARP happened when Democrats only had a slim Senate majority and a reasonable House majority under Bush, so that doesn't seem like a situation where they would have that sort of leverage. Additionally, if this is Clinton Foundation files, why is that in there? That doesn't make sense.

Also, it's interesting that as Assange promised a dump before the first debate, "Guccifer" released a bunch of DNC documents, and as people expected a dump today, Guccifer again releases a bunch of stuff (iirc, Assange promised leaks on the foundation as well). Is Guccifer stealing Assange's thunder? Maybe Wikileaks didn't release anything because it didn't actually have it yet?

Either way, I hope this wakes these old farts up to IT security and the need to protect data. Maybe from now on they will stop acting as if this is no big deal. It shouldn't have taken something like this. Proper security protocols have been around for many years now.
Fusionmunster

« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2016, 04:03:21 PM »

This is literally just left over DNC hack files, even the DailyCaller just updated their site.

Edit: Politico too.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2016, 04:05:56 PM »

LOL, there is a file literally named "Pay to Play" that supposedly contained illegal donations to Clinton foundation but actually had only some oppo research for a couple of Republican congressmen.
Fusionmunster

« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2016, 04:13:43 PM »

I think alot of people got some serious blue balls today.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2016, 05:11:02 PM »

This is literally just left over DNC hack files, even the DailyCaller just updated their site.

Edit: Politico too.

Priming the pump for damaging fakes closer to the election.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2016, 05:32:11 PM »

OMG - Have someone checked this? It has got email id of all donors which can be EASILY verified!

But I don't buy this - TARP was during Bush I think but under a Dem Senate right? Did Clinton really have that much power? Apparently there is a folder named Pay to Play.

I mean many emails were hacked, if there is any proof of a % of Payout of Bailout then it was pure criminal & fraudulent. But without it, it is difficult to prove any payout for Bailout, you can always say it was a random file containing details!

I don't know why this should be true - DCCC info, even info on all Democrats - Why would someone be dumb enough to have a Pay to Play File?

It is probably rubbish, if there is proof for Pay to Play, Clinton should be going to jail, but this is not good enough - I hope Assange releases strong info on both Clinton & Trump!
Fusionmunster

« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2016, 05:35:32 PM »

OMG - Have someone checked this? It has got email id of all donors which can be EASILY verified!

But I don't buy this - TARP was during Bush I think but under a Dem Senate right? Did Clinton really have that much power? Apparently there is a folder named Pay to Play.

I mean many emails were hacked, if there is any proof of a % of Payout of Bailout then it was pure criminal & fraudulent. But without it, it is difficult to prove any payout for Bailout, you can always say it was a random file containing details!

I don't know why this should be true - DCCC info, even info on all Democrats - Why would someone be dumb enough to have a Pay to Play File?

It is probably rubbish, if there is proof for Pay to Play, Clinton should be going to jail, but this is not good enough - I hope Assange releases strong info on both Clinton & Trump!

Its literally just left overs from the DNC hack. There's even a lease contract for the Virginia DNC office in the files.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2016, 05:50:28 PM »

LOL, there is a file literally named "Pay to Play" that supposedly contained illegal donations to Clinton foundation but actually had only some oppo research for a couple of Republican congressmen.

A picture of the alt right, jill stein, and H.A. Goodman together in a room.

Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2016, 05:52:33 PM »

Wow, no idea how Clinton is going to survive this one. Congrats Trump!
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2016, 05:53:27 PM »

Its literally just left overs from the DNC hack. There's even a lease contract for the Virginia DNC office in the files.
Guccifer 2.0 claims on his Twitter that these are DNC files on the Clinton Foundation's server, and there is more to come than what was released this afternoon, which was just a "tiny part of the files".  We have no way of knowing whether this is true, though.

I expect nothing to come of this, just like Wikileaks.
izixs
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.31, S: -6.51

« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2016, 06:57:59 PM »

Guccifer 2.0 claims on his Twitter that these are DNC files on the Clinton Foundation's server, and there is more to come than what was released this afternoon, which was just a "tiny part of the files".  We have no way of knowing whether this is true, though.

In some ways having DNC files on a foundation server doesn't really make sense to me unless it was information one party either required to be shared for some reason or requested to be shared, and the other agreed to it. So yeah, something smell fishy. Either its a bunch of bunk or there's more to the story. I suspect the former.
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2016, 07:18:49 PM »

It's a hoax, media already reporting it.  Hill has a story on it, but can't get link right now.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2016, 07:19:46 PM »

It's a hoax, media already reporting it.  Hill has a story on it, but can't get link right now.

The Hill story is http://thehill.com/policy/cybersecurity/299236-alleged-guccifer-20-hack-of-clinton-foundation-raises-suspicions.
Chief Justice Keef
etr906
United States

« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2016, 08:34:31 PM »

Wow, no idea how Clinton is going to survive this one. Congrats Trump!
-snip-

OMGGG Shocked

#LockHerUp #CorruptHillary #CrookedHillary #AmericaFirst
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies