How will Democrats react if Trump actually wins?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 06:14:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  How will Democrats react if Trump actually wins?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: How will Democrats react if Trump actually wins?  (Read 4417 times)
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: 0.00

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 02, 2016, 11:15:51 AM »

Huh
Panda Express

« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2016, 11:17:05 AM »

WAR
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2016, 11:17:27 AM »

Taking a hint from Dr Ron Paul and immediately buy gold, tinned supplies and bunkers.
Famous Mortimer
WillipsBrighton
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2016, 11:31:21 AM »

I seriously wonder how my Facebook friends will react. They already openly admit, in their own words, to hating White people (despite being mostly White themselves), openly thinking cop killing is justified, and many of them think Islamic terrorism is justified as well. I wonder how much further towards violent extremism they could possibly go. Is it even possible? I doubt they would actually take up arms themselves, as most of them lead semi-comfortable lives of leisure. I'm sure if there are any terrorists attacks or cop killings under a President Trump though, you will see young people being much more vocal about how justified and great it was.

As to mainstream Democrats, probably no different than when any other Republican has won an election. Although they will be crippled with fear over condemning their more crazy supporters. One difference with the Democrats from now on, there will be no more Sister Souljah moment. From now, they will either ignore ignore Sister Souljahs completely or else just make excuses for them.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2016, 12:43:10 PM »

Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2016, 12:54:35 PM »

I'll curl up into a little ball and retreat into my hermit cave for the next 4 years.

Arbitrage1980
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2016, 12:55:28 PM »

I seriously wonder how my Facebook friends will react. They already openly admit, in their own words, to hating White people (despite being mostly White themselves), openly thinking cop killing is justified, and many of them think Islamic terrorism is justified as well. I wonder how much further towards violent extremism they could possibly go. Is it even possible? I doubt they would actually take up arms themselves, as most of them lead semi-comfortable lives of leisure. I'm sure if there are any terrorists attacks or cop killings under a President Trump though, you will see young people being much more vocal about how justified and great it was.

As to mainstream Democrats, probably no different than when any other Republican has won an election. Although they will be crippled with fear over condemning their more crazy supporters. One difference with the Democrats from now on, there will be no more Sister Souljah moment. From now, they will either ignore ignore Sister Souljahs completely or else just make excuses for them.

The far left is disgusting and scary. They openly hate America, blame whites for all their problems, welcome racial violence as long as it's committed by blacks, and want free handouts from the government.
Arbitrage1980
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2016, 12:56:15 PM »

They will absolutely lose their minds: weeping and gnashing of teeth. There will also be riots in the major cities, instigated by Black Lives Matter and other Soros funded liberal groups.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2016, 12:58:41 PM »

Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2016, 01:00:59 PM »

Sit back and trust that the military will do their duty and depose Trump shortly after his inauguration.

Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2016, 01:07:08 PM »

I will cease living in the US by any means possible.
Coolface Sock #42069
whitesox130
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: 2.26

« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2016, 01:08:40 PM »

As much as I hate the idea of Trump being president, the reactions from some liberals I know would be fantastic.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2016, 01:10:25 PM »

Watch reruns of the Nixon impeachment hearings.
Arbitrage1980
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2016, 01:11:41 PM »

As much as I hate the idea of Trump being president, the reactions from some liberals I know would be fantastic.

I'm a lifelong Republican who will vote Johnson this year and despise Trump, but the one silver lining to him winning is seeing the liberals go absolutely batsh**t crazy. It will be pure unadulterated nonstop comedy.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2016, 01:16:41 PM »

Getting their passports ready... taking trips to such places as Toronto and Chihuahua and making snide jokes about communicating from the Free World.

Democrats will be looking for ways to make sure that a Trump administration is a stormy one. Left-wing versions of the Tea Party groups of 2009 will appear quickly. There will be much mockery of Donald Trump's rhetoric.

But we are wittier.

Trump will be a one-term President. Should his term not be completed, then Mike Pence should be a brittle target for his reactionary social values. I can imagine making placards that read "Save America -- Abort Fascism!"

He will get his chance, but it won't be much of a chance. He will lose gubernatorial allies in 2018. Congress? Midterm elections generally go badly for the party of the President.
PaperKooper
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.23, S: 5.57

« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2016, 01:26:42 PM »

It'll be hilarious and very cathartic to watch all the liberals travel through the states of grief. 
Rand
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2016, 01:31:32 PM »

Similar to how Republicans reacted when they lost bad to Barack Hussein Obama twice.
Arbitrage1980
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2016, 01:44:02 PM »

Similar to how Republicans reacted when they lost bad to Barack Hussein Obama twice.

Us Republicans love America and don't resort to violence like BLM and Soros funded liberals. We did not launch riots when Obama won twice. If Trump wins, you better believe that there will be riots. Look at what BLM and liberals did in Charlotte for instance.
Rand
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2016, 01:47:49 PM »

Us Republicans love America and don't resort to violence like BLM and Soros funded liberals. We did not launch riots when Obama won twice. If Trump wins, you better believe that there will be riots. Look at what BLM and liberals did in Charlotte for instance.

We'll see about that when women, Hispanics, and soft Republicans propel Hillary to a victory of no less than 272 Electoral Votes and Trump concedes on November 8th.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2016, 01:49:06 PM »

No, your ilk just causes birtherism and Koch-funded reactionaries.
EnglishPete

« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2016, 01:59:40 PM »

It'll be hilarious and very cathartic to watch all the liberals travel through the states of grief. 
I'm sure it will be very entertaining. One thing I can predict from seeing the reaction to Brexit vote in the UK. You will see a few leftists on social media and traditional media use a specific sentence you won't have seen them use before, a sentence usually associated with conservatives. They won't have said this before and after a few days they'll get back to their usual selves (except perhaps being more obnoxious) and won't use it again. But if Trump wins they'll use this sentence on the 9th of November

"I want my country back"

Here's one example from the left wing news magazine The New Statesman

http://www.newstatesman.com/politics/uk/2016/06/i-want-my-country-back

If Trump wins I predict you'll see those exact words used by Democrats on this message board on the 9th of November.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2016, 02:04:28 PM »

I'm sure it will be very entertaining. One thing I can predict from seeing the reaction to Brexit vote in the UK. You will see a few leftists on social media and traditional media use a specific sentence you won't have seen them use before, a sentence usually associated with conservatives. They won't have said this before and after a few days they'll get back to their usual selves (except perhaps being more obnoxious) and won't use it again. But if Trump wins they'll use this sentence on the 9th of November

"I want my country back"

Here's one example from the left wing news magazine The New Statesman

http://www.newstatesman.com/politics/uk/2016/06/i-want-my-country-back

If Trump wins I predict you'll see those exact words used by Democrats on this message board on the 9th of November.

The last Bush Administration says hi.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2016, 02:11:17 PM »

They're seen as self-hating whites. Cop-killing supporters. They must like Mumia Abu Jamal.
Deblano
EdgarAllenYOLO
United States

« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2016, 02:11:30 PM »

I predict that there will be several violent riots in major U.S. cities at this rate, regardless who wins.

It's not just New Hampshire women that are angry this election....
PresidentSamTilden

« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2016, 02:50:23 PM »

It seems like a certain line of civility and unity is being crossed. I won't even point fingers in this post, it's probably on both sides. The scary part is, does it ever go back to normal after this? Or is this the new baseline for politics in the US?

I'm as guilty as anyone. A trump presidency legitimately seems totally unacceptable to me. I try to be reasonable and levelheaded but I can't help the fact that I would be very upset if it happened. And I'm far from the most radical person, so there's people that probably feel a lot stronger than I do. I guess that probably goes for Clinton for some people as well.
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies