India is the fastest growing source for illegal immigrants to the US
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:11:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  India is the fastest growing source for illegal immigrants to the US
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: India is the fastest growing source for illegal immigrants to the US  (Read 2781 times)
pikachu
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 30, 2016, 08:56:45 PM »

http://blogs.wsj.com/indiarealtime/2016/09/22/india-is-the-fastest-growing-source-of-new-illegal-immigrants-to-the-u-s/

You must be logged in to read this quote.

The political implications of this, and other immigration trends, once they hit popular consciousness should be interesting. 
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2016, 09:06:06 PM »

People overstaying their visas is a very real thing. I wish it was talked about more when people discuss immigration, along with cracking down on businesses employing people who are staying illegally.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2016, 09:27:23 PM »
« Edited: September 30, 2016, 09:28:56 PM by ag »

I am sure that if Trump comes to power and we are forced to introduce visas for US citizens wishing to visit Mexico, we would be justified in concluding visa-free travel agreements with India and China. This would be essential for our tourism industry. And, of course, anybody who is legally in Mexico can go anywhere they like: including our northern border. I mean, Mexicali, with its history of Chinese population and its shark-fin tacos (an outcome of a previous round of US "border control") has a lot to offer to Chinese tourists. BTW, there is already a non-stop flight from Shanghai to Tijuana.

Would be helpful, I am sure.
‼realJohnEwards‼
MatteKudasai
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.87

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2016, 09:52:13 PM »

We need to build a wall! Keep all dem Indians out! Secure the Indian border! Trump! Trump! Trump!
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2016, 10:27:33 PM »

my bosses at my first job were indian and they were very mean to me
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2016, 12:05:07 AM »

We need to build a wall! Keep all dem Indians out! Secure the Indian border! Trump! Trump! Trump!

We need to build some big, beautiful reservations to put these people in, and have India pay for them.
hopper
United States

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2016, 03:22:17 PM »
« Edited: October 01, 2016, 03:26:01 PM by hopper »

Yeah Trump is talking about illegal immigration in the US like its 2005 in that illegal immigration from Mexico is the problem it was 9-10 years ago. Its not! Unauthorized Illegal Immigration went down from Mexico after 2007 per Pew Research. Current Illegal Immigration is coming more from East Asia and other Central American Countries besides Mexico post 2007.
hopper
United States

« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2016, 03:30:55 PM »
« Edited: October 01, 2016, 03:35:38 PM by hopper »

People overstaying their visas is a very real thing. I wish it was talked about more when people discuss immigration, along with cracking down on businesses employing people who are staying illegally.
Yeah I have heard overstaying visas is the cause of 50% of the US's current illegal immigration levels. The other half is people jumping the fence on the US/Mexico border but of course this has waned in recent years.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2016, 05:50:41 PM »

Wow, great news. Indian food is delicious.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2016, 06:45:18 PM »

But Mexicans...
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2016, 08:38:52 PM »

Mexican food is also delicious.
Intell
Junior Chimp
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -1.24

« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2016, 08:47:36 PM »

Some people's response. Roll Eyes
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2016, 09:16:59 PM »

What? People have been talking about this all the time since the Trump campaign became a thing.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2016, 09:57:47 AM »

And Chinese is even better.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2016, 12:06:28 PM »

And Indian food is better.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2016, 12:20:10 PM »

This is what I've been saying for a long time. Mexico is not really the problem - we can assimilate Hispanics - immigrants from Asia are far more dangerous to the cultural integrity of our society.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2016, 12:36:48 PM »

This is what I've been saying for a long time. Mexico is not really the problem - we can assimilate Hispanics - immigrants from Asia are far more dangerous to the cultural integrity of our society.

"Cultural integrity" is not something that is, nor should be, set in stone.
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2016, 12:38:20 PM »

Says the so-called Asian who is also an immigrant
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2016, 06:16:22 PM »

And yet you support Donald Trump, the biggest obstacle to that..
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2016, 06:26:15 PM »

Even if I had openly said that I was Asian (at least in the colloquial sense of the word), there are plenty of Asians who hold similar beliefs, e.g. Michelle Malkin.

And yet you support Donald Trump, the biggest obstacle to that..
Anti-Mexico politics in general is frustrating to me (which is hardly limited to Trump), but I won't let the perfect be the enemy of the good.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2016, 10:24:23 PM »

Anti-Mexico politics in general is frustrating to me (which is hardly limited to Trump), but I won't let the perfect be the enemy of the good.

So, you will happily support (and engage yourself) in anti-Mexican demagogy, because, though it may not be perfect, it is still good.

If you ever had any decency in you, you have forgotten how it feels. Please, for god's sake, never visit Mexico: you are really not welcome down here.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2016, 11:00:45 PM »

Even if I had openly said that I was Asian (at least in the colloquial sense of the word), there are plenty of Asians who hold similar beliefs, e.g. Michelle Malkin.

I like how Santander is now talking about himself in the conditional. His poltroonery (poltroonishness?) reaches new heights by the day.
pikachu
United States

« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2016, 12:41:36 AM »

Why though? Asian immigrants have been coming here for a very long time, and much of the failure of integration before the current immigration wave has been the fault of the majority population. Since 1965, most Asians have integrated fairly well. Most of us are Christian, most of us are well-educated, most of us speak English, etc, and the same holds true for Asian Hindu, Muslim, Buddisht, Sikh, and whatever other religions that come here. Though posts like this make me worry that anti-Asian politics might take on a new strength once politicians realize these stats.     
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2016, 12:04:16 AM »

Why though? Asian immigrants have been coming here for a very long time, and much of the failure of integration before the current immigration wave has been the fault of the majority population. Since 1965, most Asians have integrated fairly well. Most of us are Christian, most of us are well-educated, most of us speak English, etc, and the same holds true for Asian Hindu, Muslim, Buddisht, Sikh, and whatever other religions that come here. Though posts like this make me worry that anti-Asian politics might take on a new strength once politicians realize these stats.     

Don't forget, Santander is a cowardly poltroon. So take this with a grain of salt.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2016, 10:11:50 AM »

'Tander's claims are confusing to me; the Indians I've met are far more "white" in the bland, American sense than Mexicans, who--at least at the level of college students--appear to have retained far more indicators of where they're from. Of course, if Santander's real fear is colorful cultural festivals where people don strange garb, he has more than his fair share to be afraid of.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies