Trump demanded fat employees be fired
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 25, 2024, 10:38:16 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Trump demanded fat employees be fired
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Trump demanded fat employees be fired  (Read 1663 times)
HillOfANight
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 29, 2016, 09:56:44 AM »

http://www.latimes.com/nation/politics/sns-na-trump-women-20160929-story.html

When Trump did visit, the club’s managers went on alert. They scheduled the young, thin, pretty women on staff to work the clubhouse restaurant  — because when Trump saw less-attractive women working at his club, according to court records, he wanted them fired.

Managers eventually changed employee schedules “so that the most attractive women were scheduled to work when Mr. Trump was scheduled to be at the club," she said.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2016, 10:22:42 AM »

Maybe he should be fired for being overweight then.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2016, 10:24:25 AM »

Honestly, at this rate Clinton might crack 60% in New Hampshire.
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2016, 10:28:59 AM »

I mean, you're not wrong in this case, but still...
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2016, 01:55:02 PM »

I'm not shocked at all.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2016, 01:56:32 PM »

Which is rich, because Trump is damn near obese.
Joe Biden is your president. Deal with it.
diskymike44

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2016, 01:59:26 PM »

Good bye, Chris Christie.
Biden Stans Are Cringelords
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2016, 02:02:06 PM »

Do you mean that women will find this sexist in general, or that NH women specifically are overweight? I thought NH was one of the thinner states.
elcorazon

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2016, 02:03:42 PM »

Honestly, at this rate Clinton might crack 60%.
fixed
Angel of Death
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2016, 02:15:02 PM »

And Hillary can't seal the deal against this joke? Any decent Democratic candidate would be running up the score by now, polarization or no polarization.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2016, 02:16:32 PM »

If Trump wins, does it make trolling people in public OK?
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2016, 02:20:05 PM »

To be fair, a lot of guys act this way. Sorry but that's the truth. Much more emphasis is placed on female's looks in our society than is placed on the male's looks, and that's why Trump gets away with this type of behavior. It doesn't matter that he himself is fat. He gets a pass.

Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2016, 02:26:05 PM »

Somehow, I don't think only people in NH would be mad about this. Wink
elcorazon

« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2016, 02:28:25 PM »

To be fair, a lot of guys act this way. Sorry but that's the truth. Much more emphasis is placed on female's looks in our society than is placed on the male's looks, and that's why Trump gets away with this type of behavior. It doesn't matter that he himself is fat. He gets a pass.

not like this. Sure, we live in a sexist society that has unfair expectations of women (hello, why is Hillary hated so much?), but Trump is the head of many businesses that have to follow the law. Even if some employers treat an overweight employee worse than a pretty, thin employee (which they do, of course) they are not so blatant and they don't do so to their own detriment. I mean if the story is accurate, managers actually take steps to avoid Trump firing people who are presumably GOOD employees merely because he thinks they are overweight or unattractive even though their supervisors do NOT want to fire them. This is unusual, uncalled for, illegal, gross and indicative of Trump's improprieties. This guy not only shouldn't be President. He should be under multiple criminal investigations.
‼realJohnEwards‼
MatteKudasai
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.87

« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2016, 02:28:36 PM »

#BattlegroundMississippi (Tongue)
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2016, 02:31:06 PM »

not like this. Sure, we live in a sexist society that has unfair expectations of women (hello, why is Hillary hated so much?), but Trump is the head of many businesses that have to follow the law. Even if some employers treat an overweight employee worse than a pretty, thin employee (which they do, of course) they are not so blatant and they don't do so to their own detriment. I mean if the story is accurate, managers actually take steps to avoid Trump firing people who are presumably GOOD employees merely because he thinks they are overweight or unattractive even though their supervisors do NOT want to fire them. This is unusual, uncalled for, illegal, gross and indicative of Trump's improprieties. This guy not only shouldn't be President. He should be under multiple criminal investigations.

I don't disagree with anything you said. Don't forget, that's why his followers like him so much: he is not PC, and proud of it.

And why he's never been criminally investigated, that's a good question. Maybe he buys out everyone who tries to get in his way.

DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2016, 02:37:09 PM »

http://stateofobesity.org/adult-obesity/

Top 10 states for Obesity

Louisiana
Alabama
Mississippi
West Virginia
Kentucky
Arkansas
Kansas
Oklahoma
Tennessee
Missouri

TheDeadFlagBlues
Junior Chimp
Canada
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2016, 03:08:25 PM »

Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2016, 03:25:50 PM »

And Hillary can't seal the deal against this joke? Any decent Democratic candidate would be running up the score by now, polarization or no polarization.

Even if it's a sleaze-a-thon (and it's becoming one), the 800 lb gorilla in the room is how Hillary worked to discredit the women who were Bill's accusers.  Hillary DOESN'T want a discussion of this, because if Miss Universe or Trump's employees are front and center onstage, then Kathleen Willey, Juanita Broaddrick, Paula Jones, and Gennifer Flowers are onstage as well. 

Broaddrick and Willey's accusation are the most deadly; they involve acts of forcible sexual assault by Bill Clinton.  If we're to believe all this negativity about Trump's behavior (and I do believe much of it is true), they why are we disbelieving Broaddrick and Willey?  Is it the special dispensation that comes with a red Atlas avatar?

If the campaign is going to be about "How Trump Treats Women", Hillary is in for a nasty surprise.  And a deserved surprise.  Juanita Broadderick and Kathleen Willey are no less entitled to restorative justice than Miss Universe from the Clintons.  Arguably, they are MORE entitled, as the alleged wrongs involve actual sexual felonies, and are more severe than just chauvinistic behavior and insults.

When my Grandmother was 16 years old, she went to work in an office.  She graduated "grammar school" and then went to business school, and then got a job in an office.  One day, the boss called her in.  He had a picture of his family on his desk, but, as my Grandmother told me disgustedly, "He wanted me to sit on his LAP!".  She pointed out that he was married; the boss shrugged it off.  She left the office and never returned to that job (which her struggling family needed).  This was in something like 1913 in NY City.  My Grandmother had something in common with Miss Universe.  She had more in common with Kathleen Willey and Juanita Broaddrick.  I must say that I am grateful that my Grandmother, a truly amazing person, did not have to live to see the spectacle of the 2016 Presidential election.  I am now beginning to wonder if our nation will get over this campaign in my lifetime.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2016, 03:38:38 PM »

Just fat women, or fat people in general? Usually, obesity/fatness can impede work to some extent along with stamina and energy. In cases where these are not impeded or obesity/fatness are unavoidable, however, this is a terrible policy to implement.
elcorazon

« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2016, 03:43:32 PM »

Just fat women, or fat people in general? Usually, obesity/fatness can impede work to some extent along with stamina and energy. In cases where these are not impeded or obesity/fatness are unavoidable, however, this is a terrible policy to implement.
wtf
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2016, 03:47:27 PM »

Eh, I agree with him from a business perspective. Men love being around attractive women.
Pouring Rain and Blairing Music
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2016, 04:12:20 PM »

Eh, I agree with him from a business perspective. Men love being around attractive women.

I'm glad that you no longer identify as a Democrat.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2016, 04:20:23 PM »

I'm glad that you no longer identify as a Democrat.

I don't defend Trump for his comments if he actually made them.  But I will say this:  He was in the Beauty Pageant industry.  It's all about looks and physique and shape.  Your job, as a contestant, is to maintain your off-the-charts looks and, if you are the winner, maintain that for the time you are Miss Universe, Miss Planet, Miss Northern and Southern Hemisphere, or whatever.  Chowing down on KFC and gaining weight is not doing your job.  I, personally, have no use for the idea of "beauty pageants", but the folks who go into this go into it with their eyes open and know what is expected of them, at least by the time they get to the Miss Universe level.
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2016, 04:20:50 PM »

Ironic.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies