Enduro for House
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 05:59:36 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Enduro for House
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Enduro for House  (Read 826 times)
Enduro
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 26, 2016, 03:14:10 PM »

Hi, I'm Enduro, I'm running for the Atlasian House of Representatives.

My history with Atlasia starts as Veterans Secretary of Blair's Governorship in the Northeast. After words, I was elected to the Northeast Assembly. Although my term there had its ups and downs, it gave me important experience in the legislative process. In my term, I never missed a vote without first saying that I'm on a leave of absence. I plan on continuing that tradition. After that, I joined another cabinet, I was President Griffin's Game Moderator. My time in that office was well received, and I became a delegate to the Constitutional Convention. Although, work was pretty much done by time I joined.

Since then, I haven't held public office. I have become CEO of the film production company Enduro Films, but I yearned to serve once more.

I run for office now because our nation is at a crossroads. Having survived its first months under a new constitution, the next government will be the one to determine whether or not the game can survive. We have an activity problem, and we need to evolve the game to make it more exciting.

A platform will be released soon. Thank you.
Clark Kent
ClarkKent
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2016, 05:38:23 PM »

Endorsed. We need active voices at all levels of government, and Enduro has been consistently active.
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2016, 11:19:31 AM »

Here is my platform.

The most important thing about my campaign, and my term in congress will be activity. I'll be trying to introduce new ways to improve and evolve the game, so players will want to play and game play won't become repetitive. What specifically do I plan to do?

I plan on reforming the wiki; I would like to allow citizens to, at any time, submit a page update to the wiki committee for approval.

I plan on giving cabinet members a larger role; cabinet members have very little to do. Thus, it's very easy for one to become inactive. I applaud the current cabinet, they haven't become inactive yet, but we need to prevent this from happening in the future.

I plan on supporting Blair's crises system; even if he doesn't win.

I plan on giving media a bigger role in Atlasia; I have already begun that process by starting Enduro Films. I would like to set up a media commission, with the GM as chair, in order to provide stats and stories related specifically to media.

I plan on voting aye to expel any representative who becomes inactive; I don't care what their party is.

The promise I can keep best is to not become inactive. I will not miss a vote, without first telling everyone about a leave of absence.

Thank you, I encourage everyone to talk about these ideas I put forward, and how we can improve them. I will be releasing more platforms on different issues as the campaign goes on.
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2016, 05:55:57 PM »

Endorsed, we need more libertarians in the House!!!
Pragmatic Conservative
1184AZ
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 3.00, S: -0.41

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2016, 10:10:15 AM »

Congratulations on your appointment Enduro. I will look forward to working with you in the House.
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2016, 10:11:56 AM »

Congratulations on your appointment Enduro. I will look forward to working with you in the House.
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2016, 12:44:10 PM »

Thank you all. I have an announcement coming soon.
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2016, 11:59:46 PM »

Wholeheartedly endorsed! Grin

Enduro is experienced but still fresh, and commited to individual liberty, functioning and unique regions, and an active and entertaining game for everyone!

Congress is better with Enduro in it, and I encourage every voter to make sure he stays in Nyman for the foreseeable future.
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2016, 06:41:41 PM »
« Edited: September 29, 2016, 07:46:25 PM by Enduro »

Announcing a tour through the South!

The voters of the North already know me, but elsewhere they might've not heard about me. This is the first instant of me trying to get to know the voters. Here's my schedule:

Saturday, October 1st - rally in Atlanta, GA with Leinad, and will appear at the march against the Atlasian Official Launguage Act in Nashville, TN.
Sunday, October 2nd - rally in Dallas, TX with dfwlibertylover.
Monday, October 3rd - rally in Orlando, FL.
Tuesday, October 4th - attending the world premiere of Slenderman in Richmond, VA.
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2016, 06:46:53 PM »

Would love to help rally the supporters when you're in Dallas, let my office know!
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2016, 08:33:29 PM »

October 1st highlight:

Atlanta rally with Leinad:
"I'm very honored to have the support of the President, and I say that I will continue in his footsteps to promote libertarianism on the campaign trail and in the house. The message we convey is 'legalize freedom.'
(Interrupted by cheers)
First step in legalizing freedom is legalizing personal choice. Prohibition didn't work for alcohol, and it hasn't worked for marijuana. I consider myself pro-life, but banning abortion won't solve anything. Just like for drugs, alcohol, and prostitution, it will still happen illegally. A black market will rise, and it'll not only be counterproductive in saving children, but it'll also put mothers lives in danger. Criminals will take over the business, and cartel like organizations will rise. Illegalization will lead to more deaths, and another venue for bad people to profit from.

(Leinad will post a transcript of what he said at the rally.)

At the march against the Atlasian Official Language Act in Nashiville:

(Having been pulled out of the march by reporters)
Reporter: I was hoping we'd catch you.
Enduro: I was hoping to catch you, too.
Reporter: Do you mind if we ask some questions?
Enduro: I think you just did.
Reporter: Do you really believe in this cause, or is this just a publicity stunt?
Enduro: Yes, Atlasia doesn't need an official language.
Reporter: Recently, former senator Tmthforu dropped out of the campaign for president. As someone who had supported the Tmth/Peebs ticket, what is your response?
Enduro: I'm a little hurt, I had high hopes for Tmth, and what would've been his administration. He had the best running mate selection in recent years, Atlasia is worse off. Tmth did say he had to take a leave from Atlasian politics because of personal matters, and I pray he's ok. I wish him good luck in dealing with this matter, and good luck in any future matter he has to face.
Reporter: How do you respond to accusations of you being extreme?
Enduro: They have freedom of speech to say those things. I also have freedom of speech to say that those people are full of crap.
I would like to continue this conversation, but I don't want to be left behind.
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2016, 11:56:29 PM »
« Edited: October 02, 2016, 12:19:05 AM by President Leinad »

President Leinad speaks to packed audience at Enduro rally--this is a picture taken on a different day

Thanks, Enduro, and thanks to the great city of Atlanta, and the great region of the South!

Many people have assumptions about what government should do, and act as if someone is a terrible person if they have different ideas, as if government not doing something means it will never be done. But that's unhealthy: we should always ask if government should be involved in all of these things they get involved in--and continually keep asking if they should continue their involvement.

The role of government is not to cover every need for every person, but to take care of things that the individuals cannot do. Such as a responsible and efficient national defense and police force--NOT making decisions about your own life.

We need an advocate in the house for personal choice--when it comes to our lives, our wallets, or anything else. Someone on the side of limiting government and giving liberty a chance, instead of continuing the expansion of the state at home and abroad.

Enduro will be that advocate for personal choice and limited government. He won't be able to make Atlasia a libertarian utopia--heck, I haven't been able to do that and I outrank Representatives! Tongue--but he can make the libertarian voice be heard with bills, amendments, and his votes.

But to do that, he must first be elected. Everyone, on election day, preferences Enduro as high as you can--I'll be voting him #1, because he's the best choice to let the individual decide how they want to live their lives!
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2016, 06:23:25 PM »

Highlights from the Sunday rally in Dallas with dfwlibertylover:

"Activity is at a low, the first thing we do in combating inactivity is electing active players. As Secretary of Veterans Affairs in the Northeast, my governor, Blair, said that I was the most active member of his cabinet. During my time in the Assemblu, I didn't miss a vote, a tradition that I've carried into the House. When I was Game Moderator, made sure to continually update the people as often as I could. A vote for me is a vote for an active representative."

(dfw will release a transcript of his speech soon.)

Highlights from the Monday rally in Orlando, FL:

"I'm very pro compromise. I've been working with the other as best as I can, and don't plan on stopping anytime soon. Atlasia deserves officials who compromise, officials who forsake partisanship for the better of our nation. Recently, a new wave of partisanship has hit Atlasian politics. It's now commonplace to insult another person on the other side. Both sides are guilty of this, including me. Moving forward, I think we owe it to the people, and to ourselves to try to move past this."
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2016, 06:28:29 PM »

Transcript of dfwlibertylover speech from Dallas, TX:

"Texans,Southerners,Atlasians, lend me your ears. Today I stand before you asking for you to vote for my good friend, Representative Enduro. Representative Enduro was appointed to fill my spot after I moved up to the Senate and I was so glad that he was the one to fill the position because I knew that someone who would defend our regional and constitutional rights would continue to be within the House. Mr. Enduro has the political skill and ambition needed to help strengthen and uplift our great nation, whether it be through the darkest of times or through a golden age of Atlasia. Representative Enduro will continue to make a great Representative and I ask that you vote for him, along with any other Federalists running for House in this month's election, thank you, and God Bless the Republic of Atlasia!"
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2016, 12:13:30 AM »

As noted in my previous speech, endorsed for high preference!
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2016, 11:37:09 AM »

Victory!!

Thank you everyone who voted for me, or gave me a high preference. I'll continue to serve in the House as a voice for liberty and libertarian principles.
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2016, 12:23:44 AM »

Congratulations on your election! May voices of liberty endure in Nyman for many years to come!
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2016, 01:46:48 PM »

Congratulations on your election! May voices of liberty endure in Nyman for many years to come!

Thank you very much, Mr President.
Clyde1998
United Kingdom

« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2016, 03:19:27 PM »

Congratulations on your victory Enduro. I hope that you'll continue to work constructively for the common good.
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2016, 03:21:22 PM »

Congratulations on your victory Enduro. I hope that you'll continue to work constructively for the common good.

Thank you, Mr GM, and I'll do my very best.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies