NE: Former GOP Chairman Announces Senate Bid
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 02:11:26 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  NE: Former GOP Chairman Announces Senate Bid
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NE: Former GOP Chairman Announces Senate Bid  (Read 1356 times)
Moooooo
nickshepDEM
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: 3.65

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 29, 2005, 11:03:02 PM »

From the Omaha World-Herald:

Former Nebraska Republican Party chairman David Kramer will run for the U.S. Senate, setting the stage for a competitive Republican primary between a political warhorse and a new face on the campaign trail.

Kramer, who has never run for office, plans to compete against former Attorney General Don Stenberg for the GOP nomination and the right to challenge Democratic U.S. Sen. Ben Nelson next fall.

Stenberg, 56, has run seven statewide campaigns, including three successful bids for attorney general and two failed bids for U.S. Senate.
"I'd like to welcome Mr. Kramer to the campaign. A contested campaign will help us energize Stenberg volunteers and supporters and help us get ready for the general election campaign," Stenberg said.

Kramer is best known as a combative GOP chairman, who was the fiery voice of the state party for four years. He did not seek re-election earlier this year amid concerns that his potential Senate bid would conflict with party duties.
The Nebraska Democratic Party expressed pleasure at the prospect of a competitive Republican primary in both the U.S. Senate and gubernatorial races.

Besides the two Republicans in the U.S. Senate race, three Republicans are competing for the GOP nomination for governor: Gov. Dave Heineman, U.S. Rep. Tom Osborne and Omaha businessman Dave Nabity.

"I think what you're seeing is a growing rift inside the Nebraska Republican Party, with a hostile gubernatorial primary and an impending U.S. Senate battle as well," said Barry Rubin, executive director of the Nebraska Democratic Party.
Erc
Junior Chimp
Slovenia

« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2005, 11:11:42 PM »

*sigh*

Heineman, just run for Senate already.  Please.

Expect Nelson to win re-election narrowly with Osborne in the Governor's Mansion.

And, on a different note, I do find the combination of that Zell Miller quote and the prominently-displayed picture of Mark Warner quite ironic.
Moooooo
nickshepDEM
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: 3.65

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2005, 11:13:19 PM »
« Edited: June 29, 2005, 11:17:22 PM by nickshepDEM »

Warner made his millions.  He didnt inherit the money, hit the lottery, or win a beauty pagent. 
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2005, 11:54:27 PM »

Heineman, just run for Senate already.  Please.

Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2005, 12:54:25 AM »

Or at least Osborne.  The Republicans have two candidates that could defeat Nelson, and they run them against eachother.  What's wrong with them?
Erc
Junior Chimp
Slovenia

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2005, 01:38:19 AM »

Or at least Osborne.  The Republicans have two candidates that could defeat Nelson, and they run them against eachother.  What's wrong with them?

Osborne would be better for Senate...

Of course, Johanns would be better than both of them, but someone decided to make him Secretary of Agriculture...
nini2287
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 2.77, S: -3.39

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2005, 01:40:51 AM »

Of course, Johanns would be better than both of them, but someone decided to make him Secretary of Agriculture...

Didn't he try going for Nelson at first?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2005, 11:25:30 AM »

No. He's been focused on the Governor's race the whole time. People want him to go for the Senate seat but he's not moving.
Ben.
Ben
YaBB God

« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2005, 03:13:45 PM »

Warner made his millions.  He didnt inherit the money, hit the lottery, or win a beauty pagent. 

Nor did he marry a wealthy widdow...

...but maybe I'm being a little harsh there?
TheresNoMoney
Scoonie
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.25, S: -2.72

« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2005, 03:23:07 PM »

Warner was the first from his family to go to college.

By the way, Nelson is very popular in Nebraska. He will be tough for Republicans to defeat.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2005, 03:49:53 PM »

Warner was the first from his family to go to college.

And so was Dick Cheney but you guys love to attack him as some evil, wealthy crook.
TheresNoMoney
Scoonie
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.25, S: -2.72

« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2005, 03:57:38 PM »

And so was Dick Cheney but you guys love to attack him as some evil, wealthy crook.

Dick Cheney partied hard and flunked out of Yale after his freshman year. He only enrolled at the University of Wyoming 3 years later to get out of going to Vietnam. He got 4 future deferrments as well.

The guy was a certified draft-dodger.

http://www.cbc.ca/fifth/dickcheney/ascent.html
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2005, 04:20:26 PM »

Dick Cheney partied hard and flunked out of Yale after his freshman year. He only enrolled at the University of Wyoming 3 years later to get out of going to Vietnam. He got 4 future deferrments as well.

The guy was a certified draft-dodger.

http://www.cbc.ca/fifth/dickcheney/ascent.html

Ok my point was that he was first in his family to go to college. I don't have time to research how much partying Warner did because I have much better things to do to occupy my time but I'm sure I could find some stuff.
nini2287
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 2.77, S: -3.39

« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2005, 08:03:54 PM »

No. He's been focused on the Governor's race the whole time. People want him to go for the Senate seat but he's not moving.

I meant Bush trying to tap Nelson as Secretary of Agriculture.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies