FL: Nelson Leads Harris by 12% in New Poll
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 02:37:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  FL: Nelson Leads Harris by 12% in New Poll
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: FL: Nelson Leads Harris by 12% in New Poll  (Read 971 times)
Moooooo
nickshepDEM
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: 3.65

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 29, 2005, 10:58:03 PM »

A new poll from Quinnipiac University shows Bill Nelson leading Katherine Harris 50% to 38%.

Sen. Nelson has a 46 – 23 percent approval rating, and 38 percent of Florida voters want to see him reelected next year, with 37 percent who want a new Senator.

But voters disapprove 43 – 33 percent of the role Harris played in the 2000 Presidential vote count and 37 percent say they are less likely to vote for her because of it.

"Sen. Nelson looks vulnerable in his re-election bid, except when you match him against U.S. Rep. Katherine Harris or other possible Republican challengers. He gets a lukewarm approval rating and even 36 percent of Democrats would rather see someone else elected to the Senate. Those wavering Democrats come scurrying home, however, when Harris is Nelson's opponent. Independent voters also favor his re-election," said Clay F. Richards, assistant director of the Quinnipiac University Polling Institute.

Nelson also tops State Senate President Tom Lee 53 – 30 percent and beats State House Speaker Allan Bense 55 – 26 percent.

When asked who they would like to see run for U.S. Senate in 2006, 54 percent of Florida Republican voters pick Harris, followed by 10 percent for Lee and 6 percent for Bense.

"Because she is better known, Rep. Katherine Harris may be the strongest Republican candidate right now to face Sen. Bill Nelson next year, but she comes to the race with strong baggage that could hurt her in the general election," Richards said.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2005, 11:56:26 PM »

While I wanted Harris, I think it's time for the FL GOP to decide that looking elsewhere is in the best interest of the party. Let there be no doubt though that I still think Harris could win and that I'd love to see her win but it's too much of a risk.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2005, 11:59:24 AM »

While I wanted Harris, I think it's time for the FL GOP to decide that looking elsewhere is in the best interest of the party. Let there be no doubt though that I still think Harris could win and that I'd love to see her win but it's too much of a risk.

well harris didnt say it was 'too much of a risk' to put her ass on the line during the recount of 2000.

the bushies owe her one.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2005, 03:53:01 PM »

well harris didnt say it was 'too much of a risk' to put her ass on the line during the recount of 2000.

the bushies owe her one.

I know, I know. I still feel some sort of loyalty towards her.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies