Donald Trump and ISIS
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 06:14:48 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Donald Trump and ISIS
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Donald Trump and ISIS  (Read 934 times)
‼realJohnEwards‼
MatteKudasai
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.87

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 14, 2016, 05:50:14 PM »

Donald Trump has repeatedly stated that he will be the candidate who defeats ISIS and "makes America safe again". However, I have not yet seen evidence that, in office, he has any particular plan for defeating ISIS, or even to mitigate their existing threat. In fact, many of his proposals (Muslim ban, then "extreme vetting" which would essentially do the same; call to racially profile Muslims; throwing Muslims out of rallies despite their being silent) seem that they would give legitimacy to ISIS's narrative of a Christian-Muslim holy war, and have already been used in recruitment videos for al-Qaeda: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-35213286. One can only imagine how this would intensify were Trump to become President; as such, how would Trump deal with ISIS's activities America, and how would he help to defeat them in Asia, where they pose a real, existential threat to our allies?
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 2.71, S: -6.09

« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2016, 05:54:00 PM »

"I'm gonna knock the hell out of ISIS. They are gone. Believe me!"
Buffalo Bill
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2016, 05:55:08 PM »

How do I like your status on here? 
‼realJohnEwards‼
MatteKudasai
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2016, 05:55:13 PM »

And, when I'm president, we will have economic growth of 42% and no unemployment, murder or poverty.
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2016, 05:55:52 PM »

Buffalo Bill
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2016, 05:55:57 PM »

And, when I'm president, we will have economic growth of 42% and no unemployment, murder or poverty.

He only needs 5% of so of our population to get caught up in such things and he'll win.  
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2016, 06:00:50 PM »

Easy. Win-win-win! And make them cry as a babies Cheesy
Boston Bread
New Canadaland
YaBB God
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -5.00, S: -5.00

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2016, 06:05:39 PM »

If it's that easy, why hasn't Russia finished the job?
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2016, 06:09:34 PM »

the star of ISIS recruitment videos won't be the one who defeats them.
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2016, 06:14:11 PM »

Because Obama supports SA and Turkey that support ISIS.

You can't fight disease by fighting symptoms only Smiley

USA created Al-Quada, ISIS, religious Iran and powerful SA. The problem is in in USA and its system/establishment. Trump will destroy it Smiley

rafta_rafta

« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2016, 06:26:56 PM »

He has no plan. This is bleedingly obvious
‼realJohnEwards‼
MatteKudasai
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2016, 06:37:44 PM »

Because Obama supports SA and Turkey that support ISIS.

You can't fight disease by fighting symptoms only Smiley

USA created Al-Quada, ISIS, religious Iran and powerful SA. The problem is in in USA and its system/establishment. Trump will destroy it Smiley

Actually, al-Quaeda was created to resist the USSR in Afghanistan. ISIS I'll grant you; it started off during the Iraq War. As far as Saudi Arabia goes, while their human rights abuses should gain more attention, ISIS has attacked the country several times. And Iran's Islamism was established by its own population; the fact that the nation has grown out of control is more a critique of autocracy than Islam.
Buffalo Bill
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2016, 06:41:00 PM »

ISIS doesn't respect human rights.  You'd think Democrats would want to take over and tell ISIS what they can and can't do.
‼realJohnEwards‼
MatteKudasai
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2016, 06:50:40 PM »

ISIS doesn't respect human rights.  You'd think Democrats would want to take over and tell ISIS what they can and can't do.
Umm, we've been trying to do that ever since ISIS appeared on our radar. (Not literally speaking, of course)
PresidentSamTilden

« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2016, 06:53:39 PM »

I don't think we have a strong play against ISIS, regardless of leaders. The ME situation is simply out of control. These countries are unstable, and sectarianism has never been higher. Populations are booming, economies and economic opportunities are not.

If you think Trump or Hillary can magically fix this, you are a total fool. The US economy is stagnating and political instability is on the rise in our own country. How can we go overseas and establish order somewhere else?

Buffalo Bill
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2016, 06:55:23 PM »

Umm, we've been trying to do that ever since ISIS appeared on our radar. (Not literally speaking, of course)

I don't see Democrats like Obama ranting about ISIS when their supporters shoot at cops all summer long.  Human rights is an issue to address that runs deeper than comical comments on Trump and nukes though.  Perhaps a more serious thread should have this discussed.  Individual politics perhaps?
PresidentSamTilden

« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2016, 06:55:48 PM »

So you're a foreign guy who wants to see the US system/establishment destroyed. Maybe you should reconsider your stance on IS, they might be right up your alley!
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2016, 07:00:06 PM »

So you're a foreign guy who wants to see the US system/establishment destroyed because they created Al-Quada, ISIS, religious Iran and powerful SA. Maybe you should reconsider your stance on IS, they might be right up your alley!
Why would they attack their founders? Shocked
‼realJohnEwards‼
MatteKudasai
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2016, 07:02:53 PM »

I don't see Democrats like Obama ranting about ISIS when their supporters shoot at cops all summer long.  Human rights is an issue to address that runs deeper than comical comments on Trump and nukes though.  Perhaps a more serious thread should have this discussed.  Individual politics perhaps?
(implying that we haven't been bombing the ever living sh*t out of them for years)
Buffalo Bill
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2016, 07:25:27 PM »

(implying that we haven't been bombing the ever living sh*t out of them for years)

Where and when?
PresidentSamTilden

« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2016, 07:26:37 PM »

You tell me, genius. All of those entities preach the destruction of the US with the exception of Saudi Arabia. Maybe cuz it's not as simple as "The US created them"? But I wouldn't expect a 12 year old Trump supporter to understand the shades of grey involved in world politics.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2016, 07:27:43 PM »

He has no plan. This is bleedingly obvious

/thread
‼realJohnEwards‼
MatteKudasai
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2016, 07:33:09 PM »

Where and when?
http://www.cnn.com/2016/09/13/politics/isis-chemical-weapons-plant/index.html
http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/06/americas/u-s-military-isis-mediterranean/
back to 2014: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-29321136
the Fox themselves: http://www.foxnews.com/world/2016/05/23/us-airstrikes-advisers-back-iraqi-forces-in-offensive-to-retake-isis-held-city-fallujah.html
http://www.vocativ.com/342471/u-s-coaltion-just-dropped-its-50000th-bomb-on-isis/
Even from right wing rags: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3477636/US-send-nuclear-capable-B-52-warplanes-bomb-ISIS-military-ups-campaign-eradicate-terrorists-Syria-Iraq.html

And all of this is from a cursory google search. I'm sure you could find much more if you actually cared, and weren't just here to troll those who don't support Trump.
Buffalo Bill
« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2016, 07:34:52 PM »

Where and when?
http://www.cnn.com/2016/09/13/politics/isis-chemical-weapons-plant/index.html
http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/06/americas/u-s-military-isis-mediterranean/
back to 2014: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-29321136
the Fox themselves: http://www.foxnews.com/world/2016/05/23/us-airstrikes-advisers-back-iraqi-forces-in-offensive-to-retake-isis-held-city-fallujah.html
http://www.vocativ.com/342471/u-s-coaltion-just-dropped-its-50000th-bomb-on-isis/
Even from right wing rags: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3477636/US-send-nuclear-capable-B-52-warplanes-bomb-ISIS-military-ups-campaign-eradicate-terrorists-Syria-Iraq.html

And all of this is from a cursory google search. I'm sure you could find much more if you actually cared, and weren't just here to troll those who don't support Trump.

Yet they manage to get into our country and kill cops.  Not enough is being done.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2016, 07:44:34 PM »

Donald Trump and ISIS have been coordinating, possibly since he announced his candidacy.

I think it's rather charitable to assume that the man who is driving their recruitment globally is going to suddenly stab his friends in the back like that.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies