Jill Stein: "I wouldn't have 'assassinated' Osama Bin Laden
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 02:20:48 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Jill Stein: "I wouldn't have 'assassinated' Osama Bin Laden
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Jill Stein: "I wouldn't have 'assassinated' Osama Bin Laden  (Read 3116 times)
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 11, 2016, 11:03:22 PM »

This was posted in the other Jill Stein thread, but I thought it deserved a thread of its own

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/295357-jill-stein-i-would-not-have-assassinated-osama-bin-laden

You must be logged in to read this quote.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2016, 11:10:30 PM »

Jill Stein doesn't know the first thing about international law, and is clearly just trying to be #edgy.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2016, 11:24:19 PM »

I bet she agreees with Jeremy Corbyn that OBL's death was a "tragedy." My god the left is horrible.
eric82oslo
Junior Chimp
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.00, S: -5.65

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2016, 11:28:02 PM »

Nice. Now officially the most wacky person who has ever lived. Congratulations, Stein!
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2016, 11:33:59 PM »

She wasn't nearly this loony in 2012. It's pretty obvious that she's going over the top on purpose to bleed votes back to Hillary and avoid becoming the new Ralph Nader.
Sumner 1868
tara gilesbie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2016, 11:52:00 PM »

Apparently the belief that bin Laden should have been captured and tried instead of killed - the position of George W. Bush in September 2001- is "fringe left" by modern standards. Remarkable.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2016, 11:54:26 PM »

Apparently the belief that bin Laden should have been captured and tried instead of killed - the position of George W. Bush in September 2001- is "fringe left" by modern standards. Remarkable.

A lot has changed in American politics recently, particularly, post-Obama. I'm still trying to get my finger on the pulse of the current electorate.
eric82oslo
Junior Chimp
Norway

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2016, 12:05:56 AM »

After Hitler, Osama bin Laden is the second worst human being who has ever lived. And you're trying to excuse him, seriously?
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2016, 12:08:11 AM »

After Hitler, Osama bin Laden is the second worst human being who has ever lived. And you're trying to excuse him, seriously?

I don't see tara trying to "excuse" anyone, except maybe Stein.
Sumner 1868
tara gilesbie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2016, 12:09:18 AM »

YUR A BUN LODEN LUVIN LIBRA CUNNIMISYT-TURRIST MOSLUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111 MKE MURICA GRAT AGEAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111111
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2016, 12:10:46 AM »

Jill Stein is right yet again. Sad that she isn't the Democratic nominee so we could have someone respectable to vote for. You simply can't violate a human's right to live like that.
eric82oslo
Junior Chimp
Norway

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2016, 12:13:54 AM »

Jill Stein is right yet again. Sad that she isn't the Democratic nominee so we could have someone respectable to vote for. You simply can't violate a human's right to live like that.

You ant bin Laden as your next president then? Nice. You must be a whole lot younger than me in order to think of the world as such a yatzy game. I used to be extremely naive when I was your age as well, trust me. Then 9/11 happened.
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2016, 12:20:11 AM »

YUR A BUN LODEN LUVIN LIBRA CUNNIMISYT-TURRIST MOSLUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111 MKE MURICA GRAT AGEAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111111
Great response.  Really reinforces your case.
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2016, 12:22:26 AM »

Jill Stein further proving why she is literally the worst person currently running for prez
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2016, 12:23:16 AM »

"Trump/Pence"

If your serious, then I marvel the ability to have that amount of dissonance.
Lyin' Steve
SteveMcQueen

« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2016, 12:25:06 AM »

It's so strange to imagine Jill Stein doing anything.  It's like some little kid having a serious conversation about what he would do if he were the quarterback for the Jets.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2016, 12:26:11 AM »

You can try to capture one of the most vile people to have ever lived if possible, but you have to make a judgement call to execute if given the opportunity. As I understand it this was plainly a kill order, which was understandable given the context of the operation. Stein can't simply state that she would've ordered a capture-only mission without venturing into fantasy.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2016, 12:27:32 AM »

They would've captured him if he didn't resist. Stein is an idiot.
Lyin' Steve
SteveMcQueen

« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2016, 12:31:32 AM »

What the f**k were we supposed to do with him once we captured him?  Parade him around and let the whole world speculate on what we were doing with him?  Inspire more terrorist attacks to try to secure his release and turn him into the world's most famous prisoner?  He already confessed to his crimes, I believe he'd been convicted in absentia in multiple countries and the international courts, what's the point of spending millions on a show trial and letting him spew more hateful propaganda in the courtroom and dominate the international presses for months?  We still haven't even bothered to try KSM for christ's sake.  Far better to make that night the end of his story.
Sumner 1868
tara gilesbie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2016, 12:32:47 AM »

Great response.  Really reinforces your case.

Can't tell if your being serious or not. If you aren't, I'll simply note that I never commented in favor or against a hypothetical bin Laden trial. I'm just noting we've become so bloodlust and paranoid in our society that the view of Bush in September 2001 - the peak of second-wave neoconservatism- is considered naive flower child nonsense today. Remarkable.
Reluctant Republican

« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2016, 12:45:27 AM »

Since Stein evidently believes the assassination was illegal, one wonders if she'd favor trying the SEAL team that did the deed for war crimes. Tongue
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2016, 01:17:07 AM »

Puttting him on trial and then executing him/sticking him in a small cell for life isn't "excusing" him, it's trying to be better than him and his band of mass murders.
Lyin' Steve
SteveMcQueen

« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2016, 01:35:17 AM »

Puttting him on trial and then executing him/sticking him in a small cell for life isn't "excusing" him, it's trying to be better than him and his band of mass murders.

Shooting an armed and dangerous terrorist mastermind is morally equivalent to slaughtering thousands of innocent civilians.  Thanks for that Atlas.  On 9/11 no less.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2016, 01:43:18 AM »

Can we just make a consolidated "Jill Stein is an irrelevant lunatic" thread for these types of things instead of having all these threads devoted to this crazy woman?
ProgressiveCanadian
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2016, 01:50:53 AM »

It would of been nice to bring him to trial just like the US did with the Nazi's.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies