Clinton leaves 9/11 memorial early due to 'overheating' - Update: diagnosed with pneumonia
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 03, 2024, 08:41:47 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Clinton leaves 9/11 memorial early due to 'overheating' - Update: diagnosed with pneumonia
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29
Author Topic: Clinton leaves 9/11 memorial early due to 'overheating' - Update: diagnosed with pneumonia  (Read 32410 times)
Erc
Junior Chimp
Slovenia

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #625 on: September 12, 2016, 01:22:44 PM »

If she had a serious, chronic condition that could affect her ability to fulfill the duties of the President of the United States, this would be a problem.

She, along with many others, caught a minor communicable disease that will clear itself up in a few days; it's not 1841 anymore and she's not William Henry Harrison.

Pretty sure it's generally a wise move, if only for security reasons, not to disclose every time the President has a minor illness.  She didn't violate doctor's orders by going to the 9/11 memorial, so there's no lapse in judgement.

Pneumonia sounds really serious, like an old-person disease, but it's clearly walking pneumonia and plenty of other healthy people in the campaign have caught it as well.

She could have perhaps handled this better by just saying that "there's a bug going through the Hillary HQ but she's campaigning anyway because she's a trouper," but that's just a PR failure on their part, nothing more.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #626 on: September 12, 2016, 01:24:03 PM »
« Edited: September 12, 2016, 01:26:23 PM by ag »

This thread is making me all the more excited for the Democrat tears on election night.

Since my response has been moderated (I should say, deservedly), let me try to be less personal.

Oh, I will cry, if that happens. I will cry a lot and publicly. Trust me.

I will then, of course, do my best to celebrate every time when Trump kills a parent or a child of a Trump supporter (assuming, of course, I am still alive at that point - which, I would agree, is far from granted). In the gloom of our existence at that point, it would be a rare moment of merriment.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #627 on: September 12, 2016, 01:26:06 PM »

For full disclosure, I am disclosing that I have epilepsy and take two medications for it. I ran for office before I was even diagnosed and even had a seizure on the day of a candidate's forum, which I still attended.

Thank you. To the rest, please join us in our medical fest.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #628 on: September 12, 2016, 01:29:38 PM »

Slightly overweight, autism spectrum disorder, depression, anxiety, chronic cough, bad joints.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #629 on: September 12, 2016, 01:33:56 PM »

So if we don't have a right to know, should the guy taking the video be charged with something?  Invading privacy or some such?  Why not?

Now you are just being stupid.
‼realJohnEwards‼
MatteKudasai
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.87

« Reply #630 on: September 12, 2016, 01:35:33 PM »

Only on Atlas could a thread like this have 600 replies and counting Tongue

seriously, y'all hard-headed Wink
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #631 on: September 12, 2016, 01:37:00 PM »

Non-terminal ailments don't really need to be disclosed.

I see, pneumonia isn't terminal until you die.  Makes sense.
Neither is pancreatic cancer by that standard.

"Older" people can die from the flu, that is one reason the medical community constantly pushes this group to get vaccinated every year.
Should catching the flu be required to be disclosed to the world everytime ?
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #632 on: September 12, 2016, 01:39:36 PM »

So David Shuster is still fabricating info from a DNC "delegate" (this makes no sense) that the DNC is planning strategy in a secret meeting should Clinton chose to withdraw. Apparently they would replace her on the ticket with Biden. Of course there is a 0% chance of Clinton ever withdrawing so, um, I guess it will be hard to prove that he is just lying.
Wiz in Wis

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #633 on: September 12, 2016, 01:42:20 PM »

So David Shuster is still fabricating info from a DNC "delegate" (this makes no sense) that the DNC is planning strategy in a secret meeting should Clinton chose to withdraw. Apparently they would replace her on the ticket with Biden. Of course there is a 0% chance of Clinton ever withdrawing so, um, I guess it will be hard to prove that he is just lying.

It would be Kaine or, possibly, Sanders. No one else would be allowed.

If, in the .0001% chance this did happen, it'd be Kaine-Warren.
tinman64

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.57

P P
« Reply #634 on: September 12, 2016, 01:42:54 PM »

A candidate today could have a hangnail and discussion would ensue about their capability to serve.

Really, it's a non-issue. I've had pneumonia twice and got over it.
SirMuxALot

« Reply #635 on: September 12, 2016, 01:43:30 PM »

Yes, why not?  For gosh sakes, what in the world would be so bad about the campaign issuing a press release.  Very simply stating, "such and such candidate has the flu and will be easing their campaign schedule for the next few days...we look forward to resuming later in the week...blah blah".  It's not a big deal.

Honestly, what in the world is so awful about truthfulness here?  I just can't understand this mentality of excusing so much secrecy around one of the three most public figures in the world at this point in time.
Attorney General & PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P
« Reply #636 on: September 12, 2016, 01:46:18 PM »

Cokie Roberts says replacing Clinton is being very nervously whispered about by top democrats. However she says it is unlikely to actually happen.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.thewrap.com/hillary-clinton-health-cokie-roberts-democrats-nervously-beginning-to-whisper-replacement/amp/?client=ms-android-verizon
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #637 on: September 12, 2016, 01:46:19 PM »

Yes, why not?  For gosh sakes, what in the world would be so bad about the campaign issuing a press release.  Very simply stating, "such and such candidate has the flu and will be easing their campaign schedule for the next few days...we look forward to resuming later in the week...blah blah".  It's not a big deal.

Honestly, what in the world is so awful about truthfulness here?  I just can't understand this mentality of excusing so much secrecy around one of the three most public figures in the world at this point in time.

LOL.
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #638 on: September 12, 2016, 01:46:57 PM »

Slightly overweight, autism spectrum disorder, depression, anxiety, chronic cough, bad joints.
Where on the doll did Hillary Clinton touch you?
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #639 on: September 12, 2016, 01:48:53 PM »

Ironically, Cokie Roberts has made no bones about her support for Clinton despite her capacity as a "journalist."
Mallow
United States

« Reply #640 on: September 12, 2016, 01:51:42 PM »

Huh?

1. What she "should" do and what she should be required to do are two different things. Just because you think she should fully disclose all health matters, no matter how minor, doesn't mean there should be a legal requirement to do so.
2. More important, she has been truthful about the pneumonia, so what exactly are you complaining about?
Joe Biden is your president. Deal with it.
diskymike44

« Reply #641 on: September 12, 2016, 02:31:28 PM »

Just like Trump would say

"What kind of a loser name is Cokie?"
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #642 on: September 12, 2016, 02:41:33 PM »

Honestly, what in the world is so awful about truthfulness here?

I will believe you when you post the photos of your latest defecation here.
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #643 on: September 12, 2016, 02:50:27 PM »

If it is a non-issue, why in the hell are red hacks so obsessed with writing/answering/defending Hillary here? I mean, f**king 27 pages discussing a non-issue? Huh

Just let it go. We'll get soon a lot of new polls. Then you can start to panic Smiley
SirMuxALot

« Reply #644 on: September 12, 2016, 03:09:03 PM »

doesn't mean there should be a legal requirement to do so.

Strawman.  No one ever said there should be legislation or executive orders to such effect.

2. More important, she has been truthful about the pneumonia, so what exactly are you complaining about?

In my opinion, if there was no video of the van incident, there would have been no "truthful" admission yesterday.  I know you disagree with that.  That's fine.  But there are a lot of other failures to be truthful in the past that strongly backs up my opinion.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #645 on: September 12, 2016, 03:13:12 PM »

In my opinion, if there was no video of the van incident, there would have been no "truthful" admission yesterday.  I know you disagree with that.  That's fine.  But there are a lot of other failures to be truthful in the past that strongly backs up my opinion.

It seems like we will need to send somebody to film your next defecation. Because, obviously, you are not puting you shyte where your mouth is.
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #646 on: September 12, 2016, 03:21:05 PM »

It seems like we will need to send somebody to film your next defecation. Because, obviously, you are not puting you shyte where your mouth is.
If all mexicans are funny like you, why do Trump want to deport you all? Huh

You would easilly get a CEO jobb at Anti-PK department Cheesy
Vega
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #647 on: September 12, 2016, 03:41:02 PM »

He's not Mexican, but sure.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #648 on: September 12, 2016, 03:50:52 PM »
« Edited: September 12, 2016, 03:52:38 PM by DavidB. »

As far as I know he has a Mexican passport, so yes, he's Mexican.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #649 on: September 12, 2016, 03:52:18 PM »

In my opinion, if there was no video of the van incident, there would have been no "truthful" admission yesterday.  I know you disagree with that.  That's fine.  But there are a lot of other failures to be truthful in the past that strongly backs up my opinion.

As far as I know he has a Mexican passport, so yes, he's a Mexican.

Why would a passport determine what you are?
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies