Clinton leaves 9/11 memorial early due to 'overheating' - Update: diagnosed with pneumonia
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 02:46:53 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Clinton leaves 9/11 memorial early due to 'overheating' - Update: diagnosed with pneumonia
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 ... 29
Author Topic: Clinton leaves 9/11 memorial early due to 'overheating' - Update: diagnosed with pneumonia  (Read 30691 times)
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #400 on: September 11, 2016, 06:58:26 PM »

So, either Hillary stays home and recovers from her illness and gets slandered for disregarding the 9/11 victims, or she puts up and goes to the memorial and is criticized for... being sick.

God.  This is why I don't watch the news.

You got it.

Or she could've just chosen not to be sick. Clearly, there's something sketchy here because she chose to become sick. She's hiding something! /s

Or, better yet, she should have predicted this exact thing would happen at this exact time a year and a half ago, and decided not to run, even as she was facing enormous pressure from the Democratic Party to run. How selfish of her.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #401 on: September 11, 2016, 07:03:40 PM »

I have to disagree with many posters here. If Clinton is replaced, it would take a miracle for Trump not to win. Republicans would take the idea that "Democrats trusted a dying woman who lied about her health!" and milk it non-stop. Also, whoever took her place would have to scramble to introduce themselves to the American public, and face voters who don't want to trust a party that suddenly switched nominees in September. The optics would be abysmal, and the election would probably end up being a trainwreck. We should hope Hillary recovers quickly, and doesn't overdo it in the next two months.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #402 on: September 11, 2016, 07:04:01 PM »

https://mobile.twitter.com/DavidShuster/status/775093724363784192

You must be logged in to read this quote.

David Shuster (current MSNBC journalist) says Democratic operatives have said to expect an emergency DNC to consider replacing Hillary Clinton as the nominee of the Democratic party.

Who will be the replacement should they decide to go ahead with this?

Nitpick: Shuster hasn't worked for MSNBC for years, although he did appear as a guest on "Morning Joe" earlier this year.

There do not seem to be any other sources reporting this.  I would be very skeptical unless confirmation comes from another source.

He is a current Al Jazeera journalist.

No, he's not. Stop the lies.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #403 on: September 11, 2016, 07:05:18 PM »

David Shuster (current MSNBC journalist) says Democratic operatives have said to expect an emergency DNC to consider replacing Hillary Clinton as the nominee of the Democratic party.

Nitpick: Shuster hasn't worked for MSNBC for years, although he did appear as a guest on "Morning Joe" earlier this year.

There do not seem to be any other sources reporting this.  I would be very skeptical unless confirmation comes from another source.

He's not "lying", there really isn't truth, just what people believe.
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #404 on: September 11, 2016, 07:05:40 PM »

David Shuster (former MSNBC and current Al-Jazeera journalist) says Democratic operatives have said to expect an emergency DNC to consider replacing Hillary Clinton as the nominee of the Democratic party.

In your dreams.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #405 on: September 11, 2016, 07:07:28 PM »

This sounds more and more like shenanigans ...
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #406 on: September 11, 2016, 07:10:58 PM »

https://en.m.wikiquote.org/wiki/David_Shuster

He can't work for a channel that no longer exists. Liar.
Fusionmunster

« Reply #407 on: September 11, 2016, 07:11:22 PM »

I think David Shuster has sources, and Im sure he believes those sources, but he is literally never right about anything. Im shocked he has a job in journalism.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #408 on: September 11, 2016, 07:11:27 PM »

https://en.m.wikiquote.org/wiki/David_Shuster

That would seem to be a bit outdated.  Al Jazeera America is no longer broadcasting.  Also, Shuster's own Twitter page (https://twitter.com/DavidShuster) says that he "anchored" (past tense) for Al Jazeera America and MSNBC.
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #409 on: September 11, 2016, 07:14:04 PM »

So does that mean he is currently unemployed?
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #410 on: September 11, 2016, 07:15:59 PM »

If he is currently employed, it's not mentioned on his Twitter or Wikipedia pages.
dspNY
United States

« Reply #411 on: September 11, 2016, 07:16:17 PM »

So, either Hillary stays home and recovers from her illness and gets slandered for disregarding the 9/11 victims, or she puts up and goes to the memorial and is criticized for... being sick.

Exactly. If she stays home she gets hit for not being there on 9/11. This was a no-win situation
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Moderators
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #412 on: September 11, 2016, 07:17:07 PM »

This whole board should be locked.
Fusionmunster

« Reply #413 on: September 11, 2016, 07:18:24 PM »

I agree. Polls only. It would lower my blood pressure .
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #414 on: September 11, 2016, 07:18:38 PM »

The moment I saw this news, I knew this place would be a trainwreck.
Seriously?
United States

« Reply #415 on: September 11, 2016, 07:23:40 PM »

If he is currently employed, it's not mentioned on his Twitter or Wikipedia pages.
He's employed by some media outfit as far as I can tell. More behind the scenes type work, putting stuff together if you read through his Twitter feed.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #416 on: September 11, 2016, 07:26:53 PM »

I'll be Tim Kaine and that would mean it is over for Trump.

If this is true, it would be a Eagleton '72 moment. There would be no recovering from this. You could nominate the best candidate in the world and they would still lose. It would be disastrous and would put great doubt over the Democratic party's judgement.

No, it wouldn't be like the Eagleton thing. I don't see anything about anyone suffering from bouts of depression. It's also not 1972 anymore and Donald Trump is certainly not the caliber of candidate that Richard Nixon was back then.  
dspNY
United States

« Reply #417 on: September 11, 2016, 07:30:40 PM »
« Edited: September 11, 2016, 07:32:11 PM by dspNY »

I'll be Tim Kaine and that would mean it is over for Trump.

If this is true, it would be a Eagleton '72 moment. There would be no recovering from this. You could nominate the best candidate in the world and they would still lose. It would be disastrous and would put great doubt over the Democratic party's judgement.

No, it wouldn't be like the Eagleton thing. I don't see anything about anyone suffering from bouts of depression. It's also not 1972 anymore and Donald Trump is certainly not the caliber of candidate that Richard Nixon was back then.  

This, and any other Democrat would have much higher favorability ratings than Clinton. I don't see Trump beating someone like Kaine, for example.

Trump would lose to Kaine by double digits without question. Kaine is pretty much Generic D and he's moderate enough to control the entire middle of the electorate along with a quarter of the GOP defecting from Trump
politicallefty
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -9.22

P P
« Reply #418 on: September 11, 2016, 07:33:55 PM »

I'm 29 and I've had pneumonia twice in my life (I think at 6 and 10). It had nothing to do with my overall health. I had to have breathing treatments I think on nearly a daily basis for almost two weeks one time. Sometimes, people just get sick. As hard as it may be for some on the right to believe, Hillary Clinton is a human being and human beings can get sick. If anything, it shows her strength and pride that she came out at all to pay her respects to those we lost.

I agree though, considering the ages of the candidates, I think both Clinton and Trump should release full medical records. That means BOTH candidates should reveal the unvarnished truth about their actual or potential infirmities.

Still, I will say that Hillary Clinton looks far more healthy than Donald Trump. Hillary Clinton looks quite typical for a woman of her age. Donald Trump is fat, not that there's anything wrong with that (although it does invite a whole host of potential ailments). I remember the Benghazi hearings from last year. Hillary came out of that looking spectacular. I also remember how many of the Republican Congressmen that looked red in the face and dripping with sweat. They did not look healthy. Should we condemn them for their infirmities? There is a part of me that says yes just to get back at them.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #419 on: September 11, 2016, 08:36:31 PM »

Or she could have done what most other candidates do when they're feeling very ill - listen to doctor's advice, stay home and tell the press up front that she is under the weather.  Not after she stumbles at a high profile event - but on Friday, when the diagnosis came.  Cruz stayed off the campaign trail for a day or two during the primaries because he was ill, and nothing came of it because his campaign was honest about it.

The problem for the Clintons is that they seem to always have to hide the truth from people, making the public perceive them as liars when the truth comes out.  This is just another example of it.  It makes people think Hillary Clinton is hiding more about her health than she is letting on.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #420 on: September 11, 2016, 08:41:22 PM »

Or she could have done what most other candidates do when they're feeling very ill - listen to doctor's advice, stay home and tell the press up front that she is under the weather.  Not after she stumbles at a high profile event - but on Friday, when the diagnosis came.  Cruz stayed off the campaign trail for a day or two during the primaries because he was ill, and nothing came of it because his campaign was honest about it.

The problem for the Clintons is that they seem to always have to hide the truth from people, making the public perceive them as liars when the truth comes out.  This is just another example of it.  It makes people think Hillary Clinton is hiding more about her health than she is letting on.

If she did that then that would have added more fuel to the health scandal conspiracy.

"Oh see! She's dying; that's why she had to stay home even though the 9/11 memorial was taking place. Or maybe she doesn't really care about the victims!"

There's no way out.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #421 on: September 11, 2016, 08:49:21 PM »

If she did that then that would have added more fuel to the health scandal conspiracy.

"Oh see! She's dying; that's why she had to stay home even though the 9/11 memorial was taking place. Or maybe she doesn't really care about the victims!"

There's no way out.

More fuel than being caught on video collapsing while stumbling into a van?  I don't think so.  If she stays home and tells the truth up front, there's no viral video showing a physically weak woman stumbling out of the 9/11 memorial service.  There's just someone who stayed away from the ceremony because she had pneumonia or is feeling under the weather or whatever the Clinton campaign tells the press.  This being on video adds even more fuel to the health rumors because there is now video evidence.

It usually helps to get ahead of bad news, not behind it, like the Clintons seem to always do.  Claiming all is well and Hillary is completely healthy when she is not doesn't help things for her at all.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #422 on: September 11, 2016, 08:54:17 PM »

Isn't that the double-edged sword?

With all of the malarkey about her health from Trump etc, how could she legitimately take time off because she was under the weather without it being TRUMPeted as saying "see!!! she really is sick!". I don't think she expected to have this episode today... but the scuttlebutt makes it next to impossible for her to have ANY kind of illness.
politicallefty
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -9.22

P P
« Reply #423 on: September 11, 2016, 08:56:03 PM »

I'll admit the optics aren't good, but it's not like she waited a month to tell everyone after the fact that she had pneumonia. There's really no big conspiracy when it comes to the Clintons. I think they, especially Hillary herself, are pretty introverted and private people that have trouble with being totally transparent about all aspects of their lives (yes, Bill is extroverted, but I think he still values privacy). I think Hillary is a very proud person and tries her best not to display any weakness. Trust me, everyone knows someone like that.
Arbitrage1980
« Reply #424 on: September 11, 2016, 08:58:52 PM »

I'll admit the optics aren't good, but it's not like she waited a month to tell everyone after the fact that she had pneumonia. There's really no big conspiracy when it comes to the Clintons. I think they, especially Hillary herself, are pretty introverted and private people that have trouble with being totally transparent about all aspects of their lives (yes, Bill is extroverted, but I think he still values privacy). I think Hillary is a very proud person and tries her best not to display any weakness. Trust me, everyone knows someone like that.

Pneumonia is highly contagious, yet she chose to go out and take part in a highly public festival on the 15th anniversary of 9/11, in NYC of all places.  That was deeply irresponsible.  Then, being the deceptive person she is, her campaign said that she was "overheated," which makes no sense since NYC today was a lovely 80 degrees.  I was out all day, and nobody fainted from "overheating." After retreating at her daughter's $10M penthouse apartment (bought for by clinton foundation donor money, most likely), she released a note from her doctor which stated that she was diagnosed with Pneumonia back on Friday. 

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 ... 29  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies