Clinton leaves 9/11 memorial early due to 'overheating' - Update: diagnosed with pneumonia
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 11:43:22 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Clinton leaves 9/11 memorial early due to 'overheating' - Update: diagnosed with pneumonia
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 29
Author Topic: Clinton leaves 9/11 memorial early due to 'overheating' - Update: diagnosed with pneumonia  (Read 30728 times)
Orthogonian Society Treasurer
CommanderClash
YaBB God
Bermuda

Political Matrix
E: 0.32, S: 4.78

P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #175 on: September 11, 2016, 01:41:29 PM »

Good to hear that it wasn't anything serious. 

^ the proper response, regardless of political affiliation. Kudos to you.

As if you and every other red avatar on this forum wouldn't be calling for Trump to drop out of the race had this happened to him.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #176 on: September 11, 2016, 01:45:24 PM »

As if you and every other red avatar on this forum wouldn't be calling for Trump to drop out of the race had this happened to him.

I wouldn't be calling for him to drop out. I probably would think that God's wrath was finally coming down on him for being such a wicked soul, but I would call for him to drop out.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #177 on: September 11, 2016, 01:47:00 PM »

Has Trump tweeted about this yet?
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #178 on: September 11, 2016, 01:50:26 PM »
« Edited: September 11, 2016, 01:53:50 PM by ProudModerate2 »

Dem hacks, do you honestly believe she should stay in the race?
I fainted at my work once. Should I have been told to quit?

I fainted on a football field in 2005 after not eating breakfast and marching a whole pregame show in 100-degree weather and in a hot wool uniform.
Should I be fired from my job?

I had a severe dizzy spell myself. I was probably age 32 and had been working everyday, 7 days per week, about 60 to 70 hours a week. This went on for about 3 weeks straight.
One morning I had just awaken and went directly into the shower and I almost collapsed in the tub. My legs felt weak, like rubber-bands. It was a scary feeling. I ate breakfast and relaxed for about an hour, and I was fine. Went to work, just arrived to my employment slightly late.

More than likely just the same with Hillary. Exhaustion and dehydration. It happens on occasion. I was only 32 and Clinton is much older, so an occasional/rare bout of this is no big deal.
Now if it was happening daily or weekly, then there would obviously be more concern.
There is also a very informative post above of someone who also takes medication for hypothyroid (similar to Hillary, I guess) and the possible side effects to this.

I think people are making too much out of this entire (rare) incident.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #179 on: September 11, 2016, 01:52:49 PM »

Dear god this thread: LMAO

You do all realize it's not going to matter at all??? I'm worried about a lot of things, but definitely not this one!
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #180 on: September 11, 2016, 01:53:25 PM »

Thanks God, no!  He should just sit and watch. Dishonest media will do all the job Smiley
Deblano
EdgarAllenYOLO
United States

« Reply #181 on: September 11, 2016, 01:54:44 PM »

You do all realize it's not going to matter at all??? I'm worried about a lot of things, but definitely not this one!

I can feel your cold sweat from a mile away.
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #182 on: September 11, 2016, 01:55:30 PM »

Dem hacks, do you honestly believe she should stay in the race?
I fainted at my work once. Should I have been told to quit?

I fainted on a football field in 2005 after not eating breakfast and marching a whole pregame show in 100-degree weather and in a hot wool uniform.
Should I be fired from my job?

I had a severe dizzy spell myself. I was probably age 32 and had been working everyday, 7 days per week, about 60 to 70 hours a week. This went on for about 3 weeks straight.
One morning I had just awaken and went directly into the shower and I almost collapsed in the tub. My legs felt weak, like rubber-bands. It was a scary feeling. I ate breakfast and relaxed for about an hour, and I was fine. Went to work, just arrived to my employment slightly late.

More than likely just the same with Hillary. Exhaustion and dehydration. It happens on occasion. I was only 35 and Clinton is much older, so an occasional/rare bout of this is no big deal.
Now if it was happening daily or weekly, then there would obviously be more concern.
There is also a very informative post above of someone who also takes medication for hypothyroid (similar to Hillary, I guess) and the possible side effects to this.

I think people are making too much out of this entire (rare) incident.
Dems are so low-energy. Go and take a nap, Hillary, while Trump Makes America Great AGAIN!!!111 Smiley
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #183 on: September 11, 2016, 01:56:52 PM »

Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

« Reply #184 on: September 11, 2016, 01:57:54 PM »

get off the forum, you sack of union bile
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #185 on: September 11, 2016, 02:01:48 PM »

I'm sorry to hear about her having another stroke Sad

She never had a stroke. You are full of the devil and as Maude used to say, God is going to get you for that. Karma can be a real you know what, so it's wise not to make cracks about other people's health. I would not want to be you.
God's gonna get you with a Kodak disk!
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #186 on: September 11, 2016, 02:04:06 PM »

It looks like a deplorable fell out of their basket again.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #187 on: September 11, 2016, 02:05:05 PM »

I'm sorry to hear about her having another stroke Sad

She never had a stroke. You are full of the devil and as Maude used to say, God is going to get you for that. Karma can be a real you know what, so it's wise not to make cracks about other people's health. I would not want to be you.

God's gonna get you with a Kodak disk!

Don't pay much attention to ChairmanSanchez. He is obviously one of those trump supporters who would be included in the basket of deplorables.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #188 on: September 11, 2016, 02:07:10 PM »

Well, just to tell you that your sense of smell is dysfunctional Sad

You seem to have bigger health problems than Hillary, seek help Sad
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #189 on: September 11, 2016, 02:11:01 PM »

Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #190 on: September 11, 2016, 02:12:27 PM »

Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

« Reply #191 on: September 11, 2016, 02:13:27 PM »

Well, just to tell you that your sense of smell is dysfunctional Sad

You seem to have bigger health problems than Hillary, seek help Sad

This forum is full of labor union whitey.
Southern Delegate matthew27
matthew27
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -1.22

« Reply #192 on: September 11, 2016, 02:14:10 PM »

They're both nearly or are 70 years old, so one should consider voting for the vice president on this ticket too. Kaine is a million times more preferable to Pence.
No War, but the War on Christmas
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #193 on: September 11, 2016, 02:15:26 PM »

They're both nearly or are 70 years old, so one should consider voting for the vice president on this ticket too. Kaine is a million times more preferable to Pence.

This is a very good way to look at it.
swf541

« Reply #194 on: September 11, 2016, 02:19:51 PM »

Pretty much this
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #195 on: September 11, 2016, 02:20:06 PM »

This is a very good way to look at it.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #196 on: September 11, 2016, 02:20:57 PM »

I wouldn't call for Trump to drop out of the race because of something like this.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #197 on: September 11, 2016, 02:24:58 PM »

At the risk of con tributimg to the train wreck that is this thread, I refuse to rely on press secretary reports for veracity regardless of Clinton or Trump.

10-1 this is being sugar coated . not to say she's at deaths door, but....
catographer
Megameow
United States
« Reply #198 on: September 11, 2016, 02:25:47 PM »

I've fainted due to heat and tiredness, my grandmother has too. She's just exhausted from campaigning.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #199 on: September 11, 2016, 02:25:51 PM »
« Edited: September 11, 2016, 02:29:33 PM by Virginia »

I mean this is definitely thread-worthy, but my beef with a lot of folks in general regarding this is that they seem to forget or possibly don't even realize how hard a 18 month long presidential campaign is, and she's old, with known but managed medical issues. Serving as president will not be as physically taxing. People are acting like every little cough, tick or twitch is the biggest deal in the world and it's annoying as hell to read on a daily basis. She's old, and old people have problems like this. Get over it for christs sakes (not directed at you fyi)
I disagree with you about the strain of being President. Many a President has gone grey prematurely while serving in the White House. It's not an easy gig.

Hillary's health should be an issue in this campaign. It directly impacts whether she can properly do the job. (Blue avatars already know she can't on an ethical level.)

Seriously?, I pretty clearly stated "will not be as physically taxing" - Of course the president works a lot and has high levels of stress, but campaigning for this long is way worse. There is an enormous amount of traveling and the like. She isn't a spring chicken anymore, and she has thyroid issues that have a common side effect of easily causing overheating. So one shouldn't acknowledge these managed issues but then act surprised if she has issues during a year-and-a-half-long presidential campaign.

And again, this is what bothers me about this whole ordeal - Partisanship makes people, especially people on the opposing side, act as if it's a bigger deal than it really is because they are so eager for there to be a disqualifying problem that will improve their candidate of choice's odds.

You might say Clinton supporters are biased as well, and to varying degrees that is true, however I acknowledge she has some issues but to me they aren't disqualifying. I'm not sitting here acting like a doctor, concocting all sorts of theories about how she is deeply unwell or what have you. At any rate, it's irrelevant to me because there is not a chance in the world I would ever vote for Trump. If something happens to Clinton, Kaine takes over, and he's a good man in my eyes. Problem solved!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 29  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies