Trump supporters: which basket do you belong to?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 12:31:27 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Trump supporters: which basket do you belong to?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: Which one?
Basket One

Basket Two

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 16

Author Topic: Trump supporters: which basket do you belong to?  (Read 1796 times)
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 10, 2016, 02:58:02 PM »

First, take this questionnaire and think over your answers carefully.

1) Is Obama Muslim?
2) Was Obama born outside of the US?
3) Would you support banning homosexuls from entering the US?
4) Are whites a superior race?

If you answered yes to any of these questions, then you belong in Basket One (aka The Basket of Deplorables):

You must be logged in to read this quote.

If you answered no to all of these, then you're in Basket Two:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

If you want to know how other Trump supporters answered on these questions:

Question 1: 65% of Trump supporters think Obama is Muslim. 13% think he's Christian. (PPP)
Question 2: 59% think Obama was not born in the US. 23% think he was. (PPP)
Question 2: 31% of South Carolina primary Trump supporters agreed that homosexuals shouldn't enter the US, the highest of all Republican candidates. 53% disagreed, the lowest of all the candidates. (PPP)
Question 4: 16% of Trump primary supporters in South Carolina though whites were a superior race, the highest of all Republican candidates. 69% disagreed, the lowest of all the candidates. (PPP)

Source.
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2016, 03:02:56 PM »

This is just wrong on so many levels. The candidate that you support can't claim that we are 'Stronger Together' and promises that she will work with the other side and will represent all Americans, when she calls Republicans the enemy in a debate and then claims that half of Trump supporters are racists
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2016, 03:05:22 PM »

Stupid questions Roll Eyes They are more about IQ than baskets.

I end up in basket 2, even though, I think, I belong to basket 1.

You should ask something like that:
1. Do you think that blacks lack the motivation to pull themselves out of poverty?
2. Do you think that society was spending too much money trying to improve blacks’ conditions?

Then I would end up in basket 1 Cheesy

Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2016, 03:09:33 PM »

This is just wrong on so many levels. The candidate that you support can't claim that we are 'Stronger Together' and promises that she will work with the other side and will represent all Americans, when she calls Republicans the enemy in a debate and then claims that half of Trump supporters are racists

-Ignores poll data in the post to which he's responding-

-Goes on to comment about something based off the premise the poll data doesn't exist-

Classic
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2016, 03:11:50 PM »

Only SC Trump supporters matter?
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2016, 03:13:36 PM »
« Edited: September 10, 2016, 03:17:55 PM by Left »

Yeah, it's hard to believe that people would actually think these crazy things.

The candidate that you support can't claim that we are 'Stronger Together' and promises that she will work with the other side and will represent all Americans, when she calls Republicans the enemy in a debate and then claims that half of Trump supporters are racists

BUT HILLARY!
Anyway, Clinton has worked with Republicans before, like when she expanded health care for for National Guard members. Sadly, those same Republicans are now calling for her to be locked up.

Since there is no other polling data on these questions in other states, I just included South Carolina Trump supporters. Is there any reason why Trump supporters in Idaho or Ohio would think very differently?
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2016, 03:20:09 PM »

Most Trump supporters just hate Hillary Clinton - and that's the reason why they're voting for him. Most red avatars here would vote for a Democratic version of Donald Trump if he ran against someone like Scott Walker.

The problem with that logic is that Democrats would never nominate someone like Trump and if by some freak occurrence they did, there would be a lot of blank ballots for the presidential race or more likely there would be a credible independent running to represent real Democrats.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2016, 03:21:30 PM »

Most Trump supporters just hate Hillary Clinton - and that's the reason why they're voting for him. Most red avatars here would vote for a Democratic version of Donald Trump if he ran against someone like Scott Walker.

This is something that is important to mention. I am not thrilled with Trump and I am still undecided between him and Gary Johnson, but there is a major undercurrent of his base that is #NeverHillary. These people are looking at Trump mainly because he is not Clinton. Tarring these people as all the terrible -ists that you can think of is not going to win them over, but make them dig in deeper.
Fusionmunster

« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2016, 03:22:39 PM »

I know your hatred of Hillary makes you believe that, but no, thats not true. While i do believe most Trump supporters dislike Hillary, thats not Trumps appeal. And Trump would never make it through a primary on the dem side.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2016, 03:24:06 PM »

The problem with that logic is that Democrats would never nominate someone like Trump and if by some freak occurrence they did, there would be a lot of blank ballots for the presidential race or more likely there would be a credible independent running to represent real Democrats.

Even most red avatars thought the same for Trump if by some freak occurrence he won the nomination.
Reginald
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2016, 03:31:26 PM »

Who is a Democratic version of Donald Trump?
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2016, 03:44:48 PM »

Let's not perpetuate this damaging falsehood that awful views can be excused or explained away by stupidity, or that intelligence somehow implies moral virtue.
Mallow
United States

« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2016, 03:56:07 PM »

This is something that is important to mention. I am not thrilled with Trump and I am still undecided between him and Gary Johnson, but there is a major undercurrent of his base that is #NeverHillary. These people are looking at Trump mainly because he is not Clinton. Tarring these people as all the terrible -ists that you can think of is not going to win them over, but make them dig in deeper.

Why should Clinton be trying to win over people who, BY DEFINITION, do not support her because she is Clinton? That's like trying to pour the water out of a cup that's already empty.
Mad Deadly Worldwide Communist Gangster Computer God
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2016, 04:11:48 PM »

Who is a Democratic version of Donald Trump?

Ed Schultz comes off as somewhat Trump-ish to me, personality-wise.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2016, 12:37:45 AM »

Basket 1, deal with it.
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 2.71, S: -6.09

« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2016, 06:36:34 AM »

Basket 2.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2016, 08:37:18 AM »

1. Do you think that blacks lack the motivation to pull themselves out of poverty?
2. Do you think that society was spending too much money trying to improve blacks’ conditions?

You are indeed right that those are better questions to ask. As it happens, I took a class on political psychology taught by the scholar who helped design these measurements.
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2016, 11:03:51 AM »

You are indeed right that those are better questions to ask. As it happens, I took a class on political psychology taught by the scholar who helped design these measurements.

Could you please elaborate?
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2016, 02:00:52 PM »

Could you please elaborate?

I can't really make effortposts these days, but I will when I'm back in LA. I wrote a paper on this topic, so I'll be able to provide references.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2016, 02:03:53 PM »

I love how all the Atlas Democrats are voting for Option 1 Tongue.
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2016, 06:50:02 PM »

I love how all the Atlas Democrats are voting for Option 1 Tongue.

And Santander.
Bismarck
Chancellor

« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2016, 10:40:35 PM »

Basket 2 (sane)

I love how atlas dems think that most dem voters are educated wealthy cultured people and most republicans are poor rednecks when in reality most republicans are middle class to upper class families and most democrats are poors, minorities, or people who's livelihoods depend on the government (Not that there's anything wrong with being a minority or being poor obviously).
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2016, 01:18:36 AM »

Basket 2 (sane)

I love how atlas dems think that most dem voters are educated wealthy cultured people and most republicans are poor rednecks when in reality most republicans are middle class to upper class families and most democrats are poors, minorities, or people who's livelihoods depend on the government (Not that there's anything wrong with being a minority or being poor obviously).

Again, what's even sillier is the idea that if most Democratic voters were 'educated wealthy cultured people' that would somehow be indicative of their moral virtue or something.
Bismarck
Chancellor

« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2016, 11:50:19 AM »

Basket 2 (sane)

Again, what's even sillier is the idea that if most Democratic voters were 'educated wealthy cultured people' that would somehow be indicative of their moral virtue or something.

I agree. That seems to be the feeling of many atlas dems however.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2016, 12:45:11 PM »

Basket 2 (sane)

I agree. That seems to be the feeling of many atlas dems however.

It seems to be the feeling of many Democrats in general these days. Not so much in the demographically-Trumpista-but-in-fact-safe-D town in Western Massachusetts where my family lives but definitely in the upscale part of the Boston area where I live during the school year. It's one of the reasons why I don't consider myself a Democrat any more.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies