Rick Santorum blames liberalism for the Church Sex Scandal
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 02:27:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Rick Santorum blames liberalism for the Church Sex Scandal
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Rick Santorum blames liberalism for the Church Sex Scandal  (Read 6097 times)
Smash255
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: June 28, 2005, 06:01:20 PM »

Its not my fault you choose to ignore the MOST RECENT poll

I am consistent. I'm not going to sudden get off track with one of the most accurate polling institutes in the area to follow some drastic change in a poll that doesn't come out all that often.

I would say Survey USA is just about as accurate as Quinnipiac is.  Regardless as I said above I will tend to go with the most recent polls, unless its Zogby or Rasmussen.  It seems like you are just throwing out results you don't like.

Why not Rasmussen?

Rasmussen was WAAYYYYY off in 2000.  They were good in 2004, but I need to see more polls from them before I remove them from broken clock status like Zogby is in
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #51 on: June 28, 2005, 06:03:33 PM »

It seems like you are just throwing out results you don't like.

If that was the case, I'd throw out the most recent Santorum approval ratings since he slipped four points.

It slipped some more & you are throwing it out.  Why?  Because you don't like the poll.

Back when we had the argument in Jan when you were using five month old poll results,  we agreed to see what happens in future polls to see where Santorum really is.  I don't remember you saying back then that you were only going to take the Quinnipiac polls into cinsideration.  It seems that you only decided to do that after polls newer than Quinnipiac showed worse results than the older Quinnipiac polls showed.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #52 on: June 28, 2005, 06:04:06 PM »

I am consistent. I'm not going to sudden get off track with one of the most accurate polling institutes in the area to follow some drastic change in a poll that doesn't come out all that often.

I would say Survey USA is just about as accurate as Quinnipiac is.  Regardless as I said above I will tend to go with the most recent polls, unless its Zogby or Rasmussen.  It seems like you are just throwing out results you don't like.

Why not Rasmussen?

Rasmussen was WAAYYYYY off in 2000.  They were good in 2004, but I need to see more polls from them before I remove them from broken clock status like Zogby is in

I don't really think this is fair.  They did an amazing job in 2004, and polled tons.  They missed nothing by a huge margin.  No way that's just luck - I trust them again.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #53 on: June 28, 2005, 06:10:44 PM »

Why not Rasmussen?

I don't really think this is fair.  They did an amazing job in 2004, and polled tons.  They missed nothing by a huge margin.  No way that's just luck - I trust them again.

They had Bush winning by ten in 2000.  Luck can happen Zogby was right on the money in 2000, they actually had Gore winning PV, but losing EV, but they were hoord in 2004.  Rasmussen was just the opposite brutal in 2000, on the money in 04.  Both polls are garbage as far as I'm concerned
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #54 on: June 28, 2005, 06:11:13 PM »

Why not Rasmussen?

They had Bush winning by ten in 2000.  Luck can happen Zogby was right on the money in 2000, they actually had Gore winning PV, but losing EV, but they were hoord in 2004.  Rasmussen was just the opposite brutal in 2000, on the money in 04.  Both polls are garbage as far as I'm concerned

Well, OK, but if you look at state polls, Rasmussen was right, beyond luck.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #55 on: June 28, 2005, 06:13:15 PM »

Why not Rasmussen?

Well, OK, but if you look at state polls, Rasmussen was right, beyond luck.

Rasmussen's state polls methology was a joke.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies