remember 1989-90? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 07:32:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  remember 1989-90? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: remember 1989-90?  (Read 4941 times)
opebo
Atlas Legend

« on: June 27, 2005, 10:44:43 PM »

The world is not more dangerous now than it was during the cold war.

Had we not had the strong leadership that we had during that time (all of the Presidents except Carter had excellent foreign policy), we very well could have ended up in a massive climactic disaster.  While it is clear that terrorism is very dangerous, it simply does not pose the threat to the human race that full scale nuclear war would have.

Well, actually the current 'terrorism' was mostly created by cold-war policies.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2005, 04:53:27 PM »

Well, actually the current 'terrorism' was mostly created by cold-war policies.

Prove it

Good lord, man, we meddled in the middle east, and were rightly resented for it, and then some of the most extreme resenters knocked down a couple of buildings. 

opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2005, 06:47:13 PM »

Good lord, man, we meddled in the middle east, and were rightly resented for it, and then some of the most extreme resenters knocked down a couple of buildings. 

Didn't spot that bit before. Sicko.

Just putting things in perspective.

And Trondheim is right, my statements above were the simple, short version of what happened - but still very accurate.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2005, 10:05:18 PM »

Just putting things in perspective.

Thousands of people DIED in a pretty horrible way

No doubt, but the only reason we hear so much about it is they were americans.  Thousands of foreigners die in horrible ways all the time, sometimes at american hands, and of course we hear nothing about it.

In any event, the point is the way to prevent the death of any more 'little Eichmans' is to stop meddling, not to go kill a bunch of foreigners.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2005, 06:15:38 PM »

Little Eichmanns? Wtf'in hell? Get a grip, Ope. Smiley

Oh, you remeber that 'Indian' professor that was always paraded about on FOX news to rile the lumpenproletariate?  The one who called the 9/11 victims 'little Eichmans'?  I liked that guy.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2005, 06:56:05 PM »

Little Eichmanns? Wtf'in hell? Get a grip, Ope. Smiley

Oh, you remeber that 'Indian' professor that was always paraded about on FOX news to rile the lumpenproletariate?  The one who called the 9/11 victims 'little Eichmans'?  I liked that guy.
No, I don't, since I don't watch FOX news.
At least I see where you were coming from now.

Well, this guy Chapman or something like that liked to call the 9/11 'victims' little Eichmans because as he saw it they were participating in, supporting, and benefiting from the global fascist system that the US has imposed.  At any rate it was refreshing to hear someone puncturing the sanctimonious view of these essentially very ordinary people.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies