MT-gov: What's going on here?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 06:42:15 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  MT-gov: What's going on here?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MT-gov: What's going on here?  (Read 1005 times)
Figueira
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 02, 2016, 10:37:52 PM »

Seriously, I haven't heard anything about this race. I know Bullock is favored but I've seen no polling or anything.
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2016, 11:17:09 PM »

The Montana GOP didn't field a serious candidate.
Attorney General, Senator-Elect, & Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2016, 11:41:39 PM »

The Montana GOP didn't field a serious candidate.

But why has literally no one polled the race? Seriously, we haven't had even one poll.
Cubby
Pim Fortuyn
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -3.74, S: -6.96

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2016, 11:48:29 PM »

But why has literally no one polled the race? Seriously, we haven't had even one poll.

It's one of the least populated states in the Union. The smaller they are the less likely they are to be polled, that's always been the case. Since Montana is pretty safe at the presidential level, there's even less reason for them to be polled, giggity. I'm not happy there's no data, just telling you why.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2016, 04:38:13 AM »

This week has been pretty terrible for Gianforte. Before that I'd say it was a Tossup/tilt D, but Bullock is definitely favored now. Lean D seems like an appropriate rating at this point. The Montana GOP sucks at winning statewide races.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2016, 05:21:58 AM »

There are no polls at all with the current candidates.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2016, 05:28:33 AM »

No one knows lol
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2016, 11:18:38 AM »

This week has been pretty terrible for Gianforte. Before that I'd say it was a Tossup/tilt D, but Bullock is definitely favored now. Lean D seems like an appropriate rating at this point. The Montana GOP sucks at winning statewide races.
I think the Republicans should now focus on picking up the open Secretary of State (Corey Stapleton) and Auditor (Matt Rosendale) seats, and respecting Attorney General Tim Fox, to build up their bench (which barely even exists). Gianforte is not that great a candidate, and has made a few gaffes recently. Ideally, Tim Fox runs for governor in 2020, and Stapleton and Rosendale will be great additions to the bench, maybe one could run for the House seat if vacated by Zinke.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2016, 01:32:05 PM »

Montana is always ignored/underpolled. The presidential race isn't expected to be competitive, and there's no senate race, so pollsters probably don't want to spend their time and money here. Bullock is almost certainly favored, though.
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2016, 01:41:59 PM »

Montana is always ignored/underpolled. The presidential race isn't expected to be competitive, and there's no senate race, so pollsters probably don't want to spend their time and money here. Bullock is almost certainly favored, though.
I really want to see polls for the SoS, AG, and Auditor races too.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2016, 03:45:48 PM »
« Edited: September 03, 2016, 04:04:57 PM by TN volunteer »

What happened this week?

It just wasn't a good week for him in general. He said that Indian reservations hinder free markets and went criticizing Bullock’s use of the state owned plane (which he wants to abolish if elected governor), and that really isn't the most important issue for voters. There's no mood for change in the state right now. Also, a former top executive of RightNow Technologies, the Bozeman company founded by Gianforte, endorsed Bullock. So Gianforte's gotten some bad press recently.

For him to win, he basically needs to outperform Rick Hill by 3 or 4 points in Missoula County (which is the Denver County of MT) and Yellowstone County (Billings), win enough Independents in Lewis And Clark and Cascade County (which are bellwether counties), and run up the margins in the rural areas, but so far it looks like it isn't working. He'll win the rural areas with No Indian Reservations by a lot, but he will lose badly among young voters, Native Americans and might even do worse than Hill in Missoula. The only thing that's helping him is that Hillary Clinton is that Democratic nominee, but even that really won't matter that much in the end. The Montana Republican party is just terrible. My guess is that Bullock wins by 5 or so, but it's still possible for Greg Gianforte to win. Lean D for now.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2016, 10:07:22 PM »

I really want to see polls for the SoS, AG, and Auditor races too.

Even a Presidential poll would be cool. I have no idea whether Montana is within reach for Clinton, or if it's trending right this time.
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2016, 12:41:00 PM »

What happened this week?

It just wasn't a good week for him in general. He said that Indian reservations hinder free markets and went criticizing Bullock’s use of the state owned plane (which he wants to abolish if elected governor), and that really isn't the most important issue for voters. There's no mood for change in the state right now. Also, a former top executive of RightNow Technologies, the Bozeman company founded by Gianforte, endorsed Bullock. So Gianforte's gotten some bad press recently.

For him to win, he basically needs to outperform Rick Hill by 3 or 4 points in Missoula County (which is the Denver County of MT) and Yellowstone County (Billings), win enough Independents in Lewis And Clark and Cascade County (which are bellwether counties), and run up the margins in the rural areas, but so far it looks like it isn't working. He'll win the rural areas with No Indian Reservations by a lot, but he will lose badly among young voters, Native Americans and might even do worse than Hill in Missoula. The only thing that's helping him is that Hillary Clinton is that Democratic nominee, but even that really won't matter that much in the end. The Montana Republican party is just terrible. My guess is that Bullock wins by 5 or so, but it's still possible for Greg Gianforte to win. Lean D for now.

Yikes lmao.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies