How can Clinton win NC?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 08:27:16 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  How can Clinton win NC?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: How can Clinton win NC?  (Read 909 times)
Senator Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 15, 2016, 09:53:23 PM »

Huh
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2016, 09:55:52 PM »

Can you please stop joining your buddy Seriously? and not spam please?
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2016, 09:56:18 PM »

How about you just make one thread and keep asking as it goes on?
Blue3
Starwatcher
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2016, 09:58:51 PM »

She's winning by a wide margin already.

It's better to ask "How can TRUMP win NC?"
Senator Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2016, 10:03:17 PM »

But how, exactly? Why is she winning AAs more than Obama, who was an AA male?
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2016, 10:04:38 PM »

Yeah, I, too, would like to see the mods sweep Tilden's questions (which are usually just traps for low level "policy" debate anyway) into one megathread or something.
Desroko
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2016, 10:06:50 PM »

Yeah, I, too, would like to see the mods sweep Tilden's questions (which are usually just traps for low level "policy" debate anyway) into one megathread or something.

I give it about one week before he asks "When will Clinton drop out?"
Senator Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2016, 10:10:42 PM »

I give it about one week before he asks "When will Clinton drop out?"

She won the Democratic primary fair and square and the FBI primary, she won't drop out now.
Interlocutor is just not there yet
Interlocutor
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.04

« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2016, 10:13:04 PM »

Why is she winning AAs more than Obama, who was an AA male?

Huh
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2016, 10:14:06 PM »

Senator Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2016, 10:14:50 PM »

I mean why will they turnout more for her than Obama, who was African-American.
Desroko
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2016, 10:15:33 PM »

What do you want to bet that this guy has, at some point, lamented "identity politics"?
Senator Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2016, 10:17:34 PM »

What do you want to bet that this guy has, at some point, lamented "identity politics"?

Mind you, I supported Obama in 2008. *Plot twist*
Darthpi – Anti-Florida Activist
darthpi
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -6.87

P P P
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2016, 10:18:00 PM »

Because they find Donald Trump far more offensive and objectionable than Mitt Romney. Donald Trump is a man who spent months spreading the conspiracy theory that the first African American president in the history of this country was a secret foreigner, and he has never apologized for doing so. That sort of stuff doesn't get forgotten.
Senator Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2016, 10:19:39 PM »
« Edited: August 15, 2016, 10:21:52 PM by Tilden's Tea Party »

Because they find Donald Trump far more offensive and objectionable than Mitt Romney. Donald Trump is a man who spent months spreading the conspiracy theory that the first African American president in the history of this country was a secret foreigner, and he has never apologized for doing so. That sort of stuff doesn't get forgotten.

True. But Clinton lacks the charisma and oratory skills that Obama had to inspire people and to get them out to vote for him. And if anyone believes she will exceed his turnout in 2008 in Raleigh & Charlotte with favorable conditions for the Democrats (i.e. Recession) they are extremely deluded and misled.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2016, 10:20:28 PM »
« Edited: August 15, 2016, 10:23:11 PM by Arch »

Well, gee, I wonder... who was it that made up and championed that whole birth certificate "Obama is a Kenyan" deal? Hmm...
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2016, 10:22:30 PM »

If she holds on to Obama's levels of AA support (or comes very close), and wins over a lot of educated voters (especially in the Research Triangle) she has a very good chance of winning NC.
Senator Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2016, 10:24:26 PM »
« Edited: August 15, 2016, 10:28:42 PM by Tilden's Tea Party »

If she holds on to Obama's levels of AA support (or comes very close), and wins over a lot of educated voters (especially in the Research Triangle) she has a very good chance of winning NC.

I think AA turnout will decrease, since either candidate is not that appealing. But you have a valid argument with educated voters, however Trump will need to find a way to offset this.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2016, 10:33:30 PM »

Well, gee, I wonder... who was it that brought up that whole birth certificate "Obama is a Kenyan" deal? Hmm...

Obama is of Kenyan descent. But that was Trump and rightfully so because we have the right to question the personal background of our president.

He wasn't questioning his "personal background." He was attempting to delegitimize the incumbent president by using his racial/ethnic background to question his citizenship.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2016, 10:41:26 PM »

Well, gee, I wonder... who was it that brought up that whole birth certificate "Obama is a Kenyan" deal? Hmm...

Obama is of Kenyan descent. But that was Trump and rightfully so because we have the right to question the personal background of our president.

He wasn't questioning his "personal background." He was attempting to delegitimize the incumbent president by using his racial/ethnic background to question his citizenship.

Okay. If Obama didn't believe that was a valid argument then why did he release his birth certificate? Thanks for the great debates as always Arch.

Smiley Thanks. I'm pretty sure we both enjoy them.

Obama released it to spite him and to put the issue to rest among those who actually started to believe Trump. Now, think about it, before Obama, no presidential candidate had his legitimacy questioned on the basis of his race and was asked to release their birth certificate to satisfy the opposition. That alone, sets Trump in such a bad position in the AA community that I can envision him doing just as bad, if not worse, than McCain and/or Romney with AA voters.
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2016, 10:43:05 PM »

Sit back and watch Trump.explode
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2016, 10:45:24 PM »

But how, exactly? Why is she winning AAs more than Obama, who was an AA male?

Well, for starters Obama had to run against candidates that did not make it their point of prinicple to publicly humiliate even the few minority supporters they actually had. That does make some difference.
Senator Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2016, 10:45:49 PM »

Okay. If Obama didn't believe that was a valid argument then why did he release his birth certificate? Thanks for the great debates as always Arch.

Obama released it to spite him and to put the issue to rest among those who actually started to believe Trump. Now, think about it, before Obama, no presidential candidate had his legitimacy questioned on the basis of his race and was asked to release their birth certificate to satisfy the opposition. That alone, sets Trump in such a bad position in the AA community that I can envision him doing just as bad, if not worse, than McCain and/or Romney with AA voters.

I believe he can recover because of the aforementioned point about opportunity in these communities. They want to have an equal chance as everyone else and strive to become successful on their own. They cannot achieve that under a Democratic president. He certainly has the potential to perform better than either McCain or Romney because he isn't a typical Republican politician and I think he'll get no lower than 10%.
Darthpi – Anti-Florida Activist
darthpi
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -6.87

P P P
« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2016, 10:46:16 PM »

Obama didn't just do that, he humiliated Trump to his face later in the week at the Correspondents' Dinner, and then ordered the raid that killed Bin Laden the next night and in doing so made Trump look even more small and petty in comparison.

That was an amazing few days.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2016, 10:46:42 PM »

I believe he can recover because of the aforementioned point about opportunity in these communities. They want to have an equal chance as everyone else and strive to become successful on their own. They cannot achieve that under a Democratic president. He certainly has the potential to perform better than either McCain or Romney because he isn't a typical Republican politician and I think he'll get no lower than 10%.

Time will tell, my friend.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies