CNN: Newly released Clinton emails show favors for Foundation donors.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 06:11:56 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  CNN: Newly released Clinton emails show favors for Foundation donors.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Author Topic: CNN: Newly released Clinton emails show favors for Foundation donors.  (Read 3728 times)
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: August 10, 2016, 11:35:51 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

People don't really care, if they did Hillary wouldn't be up 9-10 points nationally and winning the majority of the swing states.

Nice try, but this one is a dud.
She's up because Trump's mouth opens. How come he is more trustworthy than Clinton according to the polls? I thought people didn't care?
No, she is more trustworthy than that ass wipe is. 
Show me the polls then. I thought the polls were always right.

Judicial Watch used FOIA and released what they got to the media. They didn't make these emails up. Of course they had an agenda. That is why the sought these emails. Are you really this dense?

He never mentioned shooting her, either. Quit projecting.

Careful with the personal attacks, you don't want another removed post. There is nothing new or damning here. You are just trying to cover up for Trump calling for Clinton to be murdered. That's what he meant and everyone knows it. It's sick that anyone would agree with that or cover up for it.
I'm glad to see the PC police is on patrol today, silencing others.

Mr. Chairman keep on exposing the Crooked Clintons for the terrible human beings they are.

No one is silencing anyone. The same old people are just getting called out for making something out of nothing. Trump screwed up and now you are trying to get him out of it by bringing up the emails again.
No, it seems like Hillary screwed up. She's known to short circuit, after all.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #76 on: August 10, 2016, 11:36:08 AM »

People don't really care, if they did Hillary wouldn't be up 9-10 points nationally and winning the majority of the swing states.

She's up because Trump's mouth opens. How come he is more trustworthy than Clinton according to the polls? I thought people didn't care?

He is not.

In every poll, Hillary crushes him when it comes who do you trust/better suited to be President.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #77 on: August 10, 2016, 11:36:43 AM »

Judicial Watch used FOIA and released what they got to the media. They didn't make these emails up. Of course they had an agenda. That is why the sought these emails. Are you really this dense?

Careful with the personal attacks, you don't want another removed post. There is nothing new or damning here. You are just trying to cover up for Trump calling for Clinton to be murdered. That's what he meant and everyone knows it. It's sick that anyone would agree with that or cover up for it.

Mr. Chairman keep on exposing the Crooked Clintons for the terrible human beings they are.

No one is silencing anyone. The same old people are just getting called out for making something out of nothing. Trump screwed up and now you are trying to get him out of it by bringing up the emails again.
Also, you threatened to report me to the Secret Service over a crime that wasn't committed. That sounds like trying to silence someone.
ill ind

« Reply #78 on: August 10, 2016, 11:37:01 AM »

Where does politics end and corruption begin?

I've given resumes to internal company people to help out friends of mine and others have done the same for me.  Seriously-most jobs come about due to networking.

The CNN email quote mentions no quid pro quo.  Do we even know if the person referred got the job? 

Good lord all these corruption stories from both sides have definitely passed the "silly season" threshold.
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #79 on: August 10, 2016, 11:37:22 AM »

So Clinton is a politician? Who knew? I guess she should get shot by those Second Amendment People.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #80 on: August 10, 2016, 11:37:43 AM »

Can we start a "BUT HILLARY!!!!11!!!!!" megathread?
So do you have an actual defense or are you just going to subsist on snark and more conspiracy theories about Putin?

I pedal conspiracy theories about Putin? lol, okay... what do these emails do other than merely "raise questions?" If it's a case of quid pro quo (not clear from the emails,) that's not great, but does it disqualify someone from the presidency? Not many people are arguing that these damn emails are great for Hillary, but they're not more than a minor concern that are used as an excuse to disqualify her by her detractors.
It raises serious allegations about bribery and obstruction of justice. This is why Donald Trump is polling as the more trustworthy candidate. This isn't just a fetish of Republicans, and you know it.

Hardly, and Trump is considered more trustworthy because of perception, not facts. Some people will buy any crap story about Hillary, and you know that. Trump is the one who has been more dishonest than any other presidential candidate.
Seriously?
United States

« Reply #81 on: August 10, 2016, 11:38:00 AM »

So do you have an actual defense or are you just going to subsist on snark and more conspiracy theories about Putin?
I'm looking through these emails and while they do reference Clinton Foundation donors for speeches and as contacts, there's not much beyond minor quid pro quo if you'd call it that.
What's a little minor quid pro quo amongst Clintonistas?  I'm pretty sure major or minor, it's still called corruption and is illegal.
Really? Let's arrest everyone in every single administration, for a start.
This administration? I am all for it.

You and I both know it's not that simple. There are so many magical well-paying Bill Clinton speeches and Clinton Foundation donations magically tied to the time the SoS had a policy under review that you'd take up multiple pages of an Atlas thread just documenting them all. Before comments.

The Clintons are crooks.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #82 on: August 10, 2016, 11:38:29 AM »

You are panicking and it shows.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #83 on: August 10, 2016, 11:40:18 AM »

Also, you threatened to report me to the Secret Service over a crime that wasn't committed. That sounds like trying to silence someone.

You'll get yourself in trouble with the Secret Service eventually, it's just a matter of time. I'm waiting for that moment with a bucket popcorn.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #84 on: August 10, 2016, 11:40:32 AM »

He is not.

In every poll, Hillary crushes him when it comes who do you trust/better suited to be President.
CBS source for below quote.

I pedal conspiracy theories about Putin? lol, okay... what do these emails do other than merely "raise questions?" If it's a case of quid pro quo (not clear from the emails,) that's not great, but does it disqualify someone from the presidency? Not many people are arguing that these damn emails are great for Hillary, but they're not more than a minor concern that are used as an excuse to disqualify her by her detractors.
It raises serious allegations about bribery and obstruction of justice. This is why Donald Trump is polling as the more trustworthy candidate. This isn't just a fetish of Republicans, and you know it.

Hardly, and Trump is considered more trustworthy because of perception, not facts. Some people will buy any crap story about Hillary, and you know that. Trump is the one who has been more dishonest than any other presidential candidate.
Are you saying the polls are rigged?

You are panicking and it shows.
You sound like Walter.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #85 on: August 10, 2016, 11:41:36 AM »

You'll get yourself in trouble with the Secret Service eventually, it's just a matter of time. I'm waiting for that moment with a bucket popcorn.
No? That doesn't change the fact that you already outright made the claim, but I will not allow you to deflect from the topic at hand.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #86 on: August 10, 2016, 11:46:52 AM »

[/quote]

No, I'm saying people believe Trump is more trustworthy for the wrong reasons.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #87 on: August 10, 2016, 11:48:34 AM »

I'm looking through these emails and while they do reference Clinton Foundation donors for speeches and as contacts, there's not much beyond minor quid pro quo if you'd call it that.
What's a little minor quid pro quo amongst Clintonistas?  I'm pretty sure major or minor, it's still called corruption and is illegal.
Really? Let's arrest everyone in every single administration, for a start.
This administration? I am all for it.

You and I both know it's not that simple. There are so many magical well-paying Bill Clinton speeches and Clinton Foundation donations magically tied to the time the SoS had a policy under review that you'd take up multiple pages of an Atlas thread just documenting them all. Before comments.

The Clintons are crooks.
I don't see why it isn't simple, actually. The claims are trotted out that the quid pro quo that's always been in place is somehow beyond what's happened in the past.

If this is somehow a massive scandal for you, I suggest you get out more.
Seriously?
United States

« Reply #88 on: August 10, 2016, 11:56:32 AM »

No, I'm saying people believe Trump is more trustworthy for the wrong reasons.
[/quote]

I guess that depends on what your definition of "is" is.

The massive corruption and continual cover-up shenanigans that crop up with a politician named Clinton surely never have anything to do with the polling number.
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #89 on: August 10, 2016, 01:05:30 PM »

Okay, here is my question: why would the FBI care about the Clinton Foundation? None of these emails contained classified information, so they weren't relevant to the investigation. Obstruction of justice is a gigantic stretch.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #90 on: August 10, 2016, 01:14:41 PM »

http://www.judicialwatch.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/JW-v-State-Abedin-production-9-00684-2.pdf
Here are the emails in their raw form.

Okay, here is my question: why would the FBI care about the Clinton Foundation? None of these emails contained classified information, so they weren't relevant to the investigation. Obstruction of justice is a gigantic stretch.
The obstruction of justice involves her hiding emails that are damaging politically. She withheld these emails from the FBI, and they certainly point to wrong-doing. She's withheld key information yet again.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #91 on: August 10, 2016, 01:15:18 PM »

And here comes the CNN report right now! I thought the media didn't care because it was a non-story?

On CNN.com website, the "Top Stories" section has nothing on this.
The only thing I see is a link to "New Clinton emails released" .... that's it.
Sounds like another "much ado about nothing" story and thread.
ChairmanSanchez .... you are putting us all to sleep with this one.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #92 on: August 10, 2016, 01:16:43 PM »

And here comes the CNN report right now! I thought the media didn't care because it was a non-story?

On CNN.com website, the "Top Stories" section has nothing on this.
The only thing I see is a link to "New Clinton emails released" .... that's it.
Sounds like another "much ado about nothing" story and thread.
ChairmanSanchez .... you are putting us all to sleep with this one.

You have no argument
 and your styleof posting is
really    unreadable.
Are you and InvisibleObama drunk
again
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #93 on: August 10, 2016, 01:21:36 PM »

Sanchez is short-circuiting. Or he's drunk again.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #94 on: August 10, 2016, 01:22:19 PM »

You have no argument
 and your styleof posting is
really    unreadable.
Are you and InvisibleObama drunk
again

ProgressiveCanadian
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #95 on: August 10, 2016, 01:24:45 PM »

2016: an election between a racist tangerine demagogue and a corrupt liar. More at 11.

It's really sad, tbh. And yet the supporters of those two candidates will defend them no matter how far they go.

This, sadly from both sides.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #96 on: August 10, 2016, 01:26:10 PM »

Sanchez is short-circuiting. Or he's drunk again.
"Anyone who dares to defy the Clinton cult is a drunk."

Hilarious.
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #97 on: August 10, 2016, 01:28:03 PM »

http://www.judicialwatch.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/JW-v-State-Abedin-production-9-00684-2.pdf

The obstruction of justice involves her hiding emails that are damaging politically. She withheld these emails from the FBI, and they certainly point to wrong-doing. She's withheld key information yet again.
You're saying she withheld them when no one has even said that the FBI asked for them. You're jumping to conclusions with no evidence based on the ramblings of Judicial Watch. Very sad.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #98 on: August 10, 2016, 01:37:05 PM »

You're saying she withheld them when no one has even said that the FBI asked for them. You're jumping to conclusions with no evidence based on the ramblings of Judicial Watch. Very sad.
The FBI has not commented if they did look into the Clinton Foundation. They most likely did not. They ought to now.

Also, it's "Sad!", no "Very sad." Get 'ya Trump memes straight.
Fusionmunster

« Reply #99 on: August 10, 2016, 01:39:21 PM »

The FBI has not commented if they did look into the Clinton Foundation. They most likely did not. They ought to now.

Also, it's "Sad!", no "Very sad." Get 'ya Trump memes straight.

It said right in the CNN link:

"The Clinton Foundation was not part of the recent investigation into her private server; it was separate. The FBI went to Justice Department earlier this year asking for it to open a case into the foundation, but the public integrity unit declined. The Justice Department had looked into whether it should open a case on the foundation a year prior and found it didn't have sufficient evidence to do so."
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies