CNN: Newly released Clinton emails show favors for Foundation donors.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 09:53:30 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  CNN: Newly released Clinton emails show favors for Foundation donors.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5
Author Topic: CNN: Newly released Clinton emails show favors for Foundation donors.  (Read 3561 times)
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 10, 2016, 09:44:40 AM »
« edited: August 10, 2016, 09:46:49 AM by ChairmanSanchez »

Link (CNN).
Link (New York Times).

Just breaking this morning. Emails were obtained through FOIA, 44 of which were withheld from the FBI. Is that obstruction of justice I smell?
Fusionmunster

« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2016, 09:49:47 AM »

And again, the two highlighted emails really dont show anything. Hillary is a stronger candidate than people thought. Assange doesnt have anything, Judicial Watch cant find anything and Trumps an idiot. I think Hillary might be president come January.

JRP1994

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2016, 09:49:48 AM »

Quid pro quo much? 
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2016, 09:55:59 AM »

And again, the two highlighted emails really dont show anything. Hillary is a stronger candidate than people thought. Assange doesnt have anything, Judicial Watch cant find anything and Trumps an idiot. I think Hillary might be president come January.
So this is what you mean:

I CAN'T HEAR YOU NAH NAH NAH NAH NOT HAPPENING NO LOLZ ITS NOT HAPPENING.

Assange has nothing to do with this. You should try reading the articles.
psychprofessor

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2016, 09:57:33 AM »

There should be a House hearing about this:

In one instance, top Clinton Foundation official Doug Band lobbied Clinton aides for a job for someone else in the State Department. In the email, Band tells Hillary Clinton's former aides at the department -- Cheryl Mills and Huma Abedin -- that it is "important to take care of (redacted)." Band is reassured by Abedin that "Personnel has been sending him options."
elcorazon

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2016, 09:59:04 AM »

In one instance, top Clinton Foundation official Doug Band lobbied Clinton aides for a job for someone else in the State Department. In the email, Band tells Hillary Clinton's former aides at the department -- Cheryl Mills and Huma Abedin -- that it is "important to take care of (redacted)." Band is reassured by Abedin that "Personnel has been sending him options."
I assume you're joking
JRP1994

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2016, 09:59:50 AM »

2016: an election between a racist tangerine demagogue and a corrupt liar. More at 11.
Fusionmunster

« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2016, 10:00:07 AM »

Why? Thats how people get jobs in the white house, through connections.
elcorazon

« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2016, 10:01:11 AM »

Why? Thats how people get jobs in the white house, tthrough connections.
I took it as a joke, frankly, which is what most of the Clinton accusations amount to.
psychprofessor

« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2016, 10:02:18 AM »

I assume you're joking

Of course I am, but I'd like to see Hillary put Trey Gowdy in his place, again.
Mehmentum
Icefire9
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2016, 10:04:14 AM »

If all further revelations are of this caliber, Clinton will be president.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2016, 10:04:55 AM »

No one cares. 63% of people are tired of hearing about the damn emails.

Most people are not okay with the Republican presidential candidate soliciting the murder of his opponent. Of course, folks like the OP hate Hillary so much that they brush it off as a joke or probably agree. OP, do you agree with Trump's comments or think they were a joke? That's a question this board should know.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2016, 10:06:21 AM »

I was unaware that pay-for-play politics was a normal part of every election.

Most people are not okay with the Republican presidential candidate soliciting the murder of his opponent. Of course, folks like the OP hate Hillary so much that they brush it off as a joke or probably agree. OP, do you agree with Trump's comments or think they were a joke? That's a question this board should know.
Uh, corruption is usually a higher priority than a sentence intentionally misinterpreted by maniacs like yourself who are terrified of Hillary losing.
Wiz in Wis

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2016, 10:06:49 AM »

Powerful, wealthy people have special access to high ranking government officials? well, knock me over with a feather.
JRP1994

« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2016, 10:07:14 AM »

I think Trumps repeated idiotic and dangerous comments should disqualify him from the race. He's a proven threat to America.

I think Clinton's abusive relationship with the truth should disqualify her from the race.

Trump obviously is the worse choice, but just because I refuse to vote for Clinton does not mean that I'm a Trumpster.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2016, 10:07:51 AM »

Uh, corruption is usually a higher priority than a sentence intentionally misinterpreted by maniacs like yourself who are terrified of Hillary losing.

Maniac? No, you are projecting. I've had a couple of your posts removed for being quite threatening toward or abusive toward me.

Again, answer the question? Do you believe that Second Amendment people should take care of Hillary Clinton if she becomes President?
Wiz in Wis

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2016, 10:08:29 AM »

You are either painfully naive or mindbogglingly obtuse.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2016, 10:10:34 AM »

The headlines were:

CNN: Newly released Clinton emails shed light on relationship between State Dept. and Clinton Foundation

NYT: Emails Renew Questions About Clinton Foundation and State Dept. Overlap

You're putting in your own spin and passing it off as CNN's headline.
dspNY
United States

« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2016, 10:10:40 AM »

Judicial Watch is not a legit organization, so anything they bring up is questionable to say the least
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2016, 10:12:37 AM »

The headlines were:

CNN: Newly released Clinton emails shed light on relationship between State Dept. and Clinton Foundation

I think this OP is clearly a panic response to Trump's comments yesterday. Republicans need to spin anything to bury that disaster.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2016, 10:13:08 AM »
« Edited: August 10, 2016, 10:14:53 AM by ChairmanSanchez »

Abedine, through her position at Foundation and Foundation, steered donors to Secretary Clinton (Wall Street Journal).

Judicial Watch is not a legit organization, so anything they bring up is questionable to say the least
Anyone can use FOIA. They don't have to be journalists. They pulled out evidence and presented it to the media to digest.

You are either painfully naive or mindbogglingly obtuse.
Your spooked.

The headlines were:

That pretty much is the content of the two reports. I fail to see how headlines matter here. Care to discuss the story itself?

Maniac? No, you are projecting. I've had a couple of your posts removed for being quite threatening toward or abusive toward me.

Again, answer the question? Do you believe that Second Amendment people should take care of Hillary Clinton if she becomes President?
Yeah, the Second Amendment folks and the NRA will dump millions into the midterms, hold or take back the Senate, and prevent her from nominating any judges. They'll take care of her just like Trump said when he referenced the midterms in that sentence.

Quit deflecting from this very serious report.

Lyin' Steve
SteveMcQueen

« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2016, 10:16:18 AM »

Is there any indication that the person being "taken care of" was a donor and not just someone who was very helpful or competent?

If I got a high-up job in the state department, I would probably make sure that all my friends who were interested in foreign policy had career options, and that a select group of people who I personally knew to be very competent or who had done a lot of good work with me in the past were given opportunities or aggressively recruited.  After all, that's how Clinton herself got the job.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2016, 10:17:57 AM »

2016: an election between a racist tangerine demagogue and a corrupt liar. More at 11.

It's really sad, tbh. And yet the supporters of those two candidates will defend them no matter how far they go.

The difference, of course, is that Trump really hasn't done anything wrong or immoral. But we already knew about the millennials' morality issues.
Fusionmunster

« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2016, 10:19:31 AM »

Its the same article with a different headline(which you changed). Theres nothing wrong with using your connections as Secretary of state, especially in a country like Lebanon.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2016, 10:20:39 AM »
« Edited: August 10, 2016, 10:22:29 AM by Invisible Obama »

Yeah, the Second Amendment folks and the NRA will dump millions into the midterms, hold or take back the Senate, and prevent her from nominating any judges. They'll take care of her just like Trump said when he referenced the midterms in that sentence.

Quit deflecting from this very serious report.

It's not a serious report, it's more grasping at straws from Judicial Watch. Second, Trump never mentioned a midterm election or any election at all, you are putting words in his mouth that he never said. He stated that if she was able to nominate judges that there was nothing anyone could do, except the Second Amendment people.

Violence is not okay, but some people need a visit at home from the Secret Service to know that. You might not like Clinton, but she doesn't deserve to be murdered.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies