Parliamentary America - The Game (TURN 13)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 25, 2024, 07:43:24 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Parliamentary America - The Game (TURN 13)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 24
Author Topic: Parliamentary America - The Game (TURN 13)  (Read 51376 times)
rpryor03
Bahamas

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: August 11, 2016, 05:30:52 PM »

John Kasich, Premier of Ohio, to run for Conservative Leadership

"I stand here today because I believe in America's promise. I believe in a country where a boy can grow up, the son of a mailman, and stand before you as a candidate for leadership, the current Premier of Ohio, and former member of the House of Commons. As such, I will be challenging for Ohio's At-Large Seat in the Commons. I am running to bring my record of fixing problems back to Washington. I was the architect of the most recent federal balanced budget. I have fixed all the budgetary issues that were left behind by my predecessor in Ohio. As the next leader of the Conservative Party, I will work to create solutions to major problems facing America, such as the school-to-prison pipeline, the federal budget and debt, recidivism, drug usage, and the quality of education. This is the start of a new America, my friends! We can return to that Shining City on the Hill that Prime Minister Reagan created! Thank you, and may God Bless America!"

January 13:
Announcement Speech in Columbus, OH
Fly to New Hampshire
Town Hall in Concord, NH

January 14:
Town Halls in Manchester, Nashua NH
Open Campaign HQ in Manchester

January 15:
Town Halls in Derry, Dover, and Rochester NH
Fly to Iowa

January 16:
Town Halls in Des Moines and Ankeny IA
Open Campaign HQ in Des Moines

January 17:
Town Halls in Marion and Cedar Rapids IA
Fly to Nevada

January 18:
Town Halls in Las Vegas and Henderson NV
Open Campaign HQ in Las Vegas

January 19:
Town Halls in Reno and Sparks NV
Fly to New Hampshire
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #126 on: August 11, 2016, 07:00:27 PM »

Marco Rubio campaign statement
In a statement today in front of the press after a major policy speech in Manchester, NH, Marco Rubio welcomed John Kasich, Todd Young, and Cathy McMorris Rodgers to the Conservative Party Leadership contest and hopes for a meaningful dialogue on the future of the party and the nation throughout this primary.
Intell
Junior Chimp
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -1.24

« Reply #127 on: August 11, 2016, 08:14:01 PM »
« Edited: August 12, 2016, 02:06:58 AM by Intell »

Jon Bel Edwards Announcement for Jacksonian Leadership

G'day fine folks, of New Orleans, G'day fine folks of Louisana, and G'day to the fine fols of the greatest nation in the world, The United States of America. USA! USA! USA! USA!

We live in a great nation, made out of great people, who share common dreams, common aspiration, and common goals. For their children, to have a better life then themselves, for their lives to have sense of fulfillment, and to live in the great american dream, a dream that is at heart of what America is about.

However, unfortunately this is not happening, our dreams are being crushes, jobs ruined, why because of a stale dupoly of power, between the cosmopolitan upper class  friends of the liberals, and the rich business in wall street of the conservatives. Ruining this nation, selling off our assests, giving us disastrous trade deals, a disastrous open borders immigration system, utter waste of our military and the endangerment of the lives of patriotic young men, in useless wars overseas. Incompetent leadership, that caused the financial crisis, Incompetent leadership that bailed out the banks, the 1%, instead of you the american people.

As the great huey long said, for those who can remember in his legacy, fighting the power of big business, and big oil, for the welfare of the american people, and I share in the legacy of Huey Long, and other great Americans, other great Jacksonians in reclaiming this country.

We shall reclaim this country, from liberal-conservative duopoly, and nationalist anti-worker, anti-welfare, anti-people campaign of protecting the fine throne aristocracy. We shall reclaim our jobs, from disastrous trade deals, and we shall reclaim our immigration system, end open borders immigration system, oppose illegal immigration, and have an immigration system that works for you, the american worker, not the rich business, who wants to shove down wages, with an increased low-wage labor system. We shall take back our country, our boys, from useless wars, and useless military institutions outside, and we shall take back our government, to serve the interests of you, the american people.

Thank you, and may we reclaim this contury's hope and potential, and have it be with the statue of liberty, enshrined as a beacon of prosperity, and beacon in where new dreams, and new ideas are accomplished.
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #128 on: August 11, 2016, 08:49:05 PM »

Alright guys, please make sure to get everything for Turn 1 submitted ASAP if you haven't already. Turn 2 should be up by tomorrow evening, get ready for the first debate!
diptheriadan

« Reply #129 on: August 11, 2016, 08:51:42 PM »
« Edited: August 15, 2016, 02:44:37 AM by diptheriadan »

Take America Back!

Schedule for January 13-19-

January 13th-

Noon-Announcment Speech in Idaho Falls, ID, then flight to Des Moines, IA
Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.
Afternoon-Speech in Des Moines, IA
Evening-Build campaign infrastructure for Central Iowa, then discussion with Chief Strategist of strategy to build momentum (Crapomentum?) in the early states

January 14th-

Morning-Meet with Harry Stine to discuss campaign donations over breakfast in Adel, IA
Noon-Barnstorm in Adel, IA
Afternoon-Build campaign infrastructure for Southeastern Iowa in Des Moines, IA
Evening-Dinner with Jake Chapman and his family to discuss endorsement in Adel, IA

January 15th-

Morning-Discussion with University of Iowa College Nationalists to discuss endorsement in Iowa City, IA
Noon-Speech about the Rise of Political Correctness on College Campuses in Iowa City, IA
Afternoon-Build  Campaign Infrastructure for Southeastern Iowa in Iowa City, IA
Evening-Rally in Cedar Rapids, IA, then build better campaign infrastructure for Southeastern Iowa in Cedar Rapids, IA

January 16th-

Morning-Build campaign infrastructure in Northeast, Iowa in Waterloo, IA
Noon-Speech about the IAEA’s Iran nuke Announcement in Waterloo, IA
Afternoon-Fundraiser in Waterloo, IA, then meet with Dan Zumbach to discuss endorsement in Manchester, IA
Evening-Townhall in Manchester, IA

January 17th-

Morning-Build better campaign infrastructure for Southeastern Iowa in Manchester, IA
Noon-Rally in Dubuque, IA
Afternoon-Fundraiser in Dubuque, IA, Build better campaign infrastructure for Southeastern Iowa in Dubuque, IA
Evening-Have dinner with Rod Blum and his family to discuss endorsement in Dubuque, IA

January 18th-

Morning-Build better campaign infrastructure for Southeastern Iowa in Davenport, IA
Noon-Press Conference in Davenport, IA
Afternoon-Fundraiser in Davenport, IA
Evening-Rally in Davenport, IA

January 19th-

Morning-Meet with Ralph Watts to discuss endorsement over breakfast in Adel, IA
Noon-Fundraiser in Des Moines, IA
Afternoon-Meet with Brad Zaun to discuss endorsement in Urbandale, IA
Evening-Rally in Marshalltown
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #130 on: August 11, 2016, 09:34:34 PM »
« Edited: August 11, 2016, 09:39:06 PM by Labor Whip and Representative NeverAgain »

Iowa At-Large MP Joni Ernst Announces Run For Nationalist Leadership

Hello, My Fellow Iowans and Americans!

We are standing at a point in our nation's history that calls on our strength, a time that demands our action.  We all know that times are tough for our working families - but our elected leaders haven't heard.  We all know that families are struggling - but our elected leaders haven't heard.  We know that we're losing jobs and standing in the world - but our elected leaders haven't heard.

Our elected leaders haven't heard anything at all!  And it's time for that to change.

We need to rise up against the establishment in Parliament and make that change. I want every man, woman, and child to be free to be who they want in this country without a big overbearing government telling them what to do. We need to lower taxes for all Americans so they can enjoy their hard-earned profits. We must also bring back jobs by lowering Business Taxes to compete with the rest of the working world.

I know about these problems because I have lived through government mismanagement. I served over two decades in the best military this world has ever seen with the best group of men and women you could ever ask for. I served two tours in Iraq and served in our great Iowa National Guard, but under the failed leadership of the Liberals and Barack Obama, we have seen our great military's name tarnished. I want to restore honor to our men and women serving and fighting for our nation, and to do that we will defeat the evil radical terrorist group ISIS.

But now, I have to thank my husband Gail, and our daughter Libby for helping support me and have the courage in me to fight for what I know to be right. And so I want to give back so that Libby can live in a country not scared of radical Islam, not afraid of our overbearing debt, but hopeful and optimistic in her future and the future for all boys and girls in this country.

Now, y'all know that I come from a part of the country where we value hard work and plain speaking.  So I'm telling you now that's what I intend to do.  I'm running for Leadership to show our leaders just what it means to work hard for the American people.  I'm gonna' show them that we need to change for our hard-working families.

That is why I am asking you, the great people of Iowa, and all over this great Nation, to join me in this journey to eject the bureaucratic elites in Washington and bring back the true words of our Consitution​ "We The People".

Thank you, and God Bless America!

Schedule for Wednesday, January 13th - Tuesday, January 19th:

Wednesday, January 13th:
Announcement in Red Oak, IA
Post-Announcement Rally and Parade in Red Oak
Radio Interview with Des Moines KDPS 88.1 FM

Thursday, January 14th:
Barnstorming in Ames on "Defeating ISIS
Barbeque with Local Dubuquians
Q + A in Dubuque

Friday, January 15th:
Fly to Wisconsin to meet with At-Large MP Ron Johnson
Rally in Milwaukee on "Freedom For All"
Barnstorming in Waukesha on "A Fair Tax for Everyone"
Fly Back to Des Moines to Rest

Saturday, January 16th:
Rest with Family in Red Oak

Sunday, January 17th:
Attend Service at the Evangelical Lutheran Church in Des Moines
Barnstorming in Des Moines Suburbs on "Lowering Crime"
Rally in Cedar Rapids on "Preserving this Country's Strength and Dignity"

Monday, January 18th:
Fly to Little Rock, AR to meet with At Large MP Tom Cotton
Rally in Little Rock on "It's a Child Not A Choice"
Interview with Local Arkansas New Outlet

Tuesday, January 19th:
Fly to Richmond, VA for a Rally
Fly back to Washington for Parlimentary Duties.

Intell
Junior Chimp
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -1.24

« Reply #131 on: August 11, 2016, 10:41:48 PM »

JBE Campaign Schedule

Wednesday, January 13th:

-Announcement in New Orleans, LA
-Interview to Press, on announcement

Thursday, January 14th:

-Campaign Rally in Little Rock, AR

"The people are sick and tired"."While the falied political establishment tries to keep us down, we shall rise up and stand, stand against injustice of poverty, of corruption, of an unfair trade system and of an unfair immigration system, that harms the american worker".

-Meet Voters around Pulaski County, AR
-Local Cofee and Food meet-up in Sweet Home, AR

Friday, January 15th:

-Volunteer Organisation in Fayetville, AR
- Barnstorming around Fortsmith, AR

" We need a fair system to create new jobs" Our campaign is based on having a jobs program around economically depressed areas, with government investment to build local industry"

-Meet and Greet around Van Buren, AR

Saturday, January 16th:

-Fly back to New Orleans
-Give a Speech about accomplishment of Bel Edwards as governor, infrastructure improvement, education funding, and expanding medicare, fighting the conservative/nationalist leadership
- Meet family and local voters and Jacksonian Candidates in Tangipahoa Parish

Sunday, January 17th:

- Attend Local Catholic Church
- Organise and Meet members of national campaign headquarters in Baton Rouge, LA, with press coverage
- Have family campaign with him in LA, before finally leaving to SC.

Monday, January 18th:

- Meet with Local Workers, around industrial areas in SC, about their concerns
- Talk to non-unionsed workers, about unionisation and getting a fair shake.
- Talk to workers whose jobs have been lost to free trade.
-  Give a Campaign Speech in Greer, SC exclusively on protecting American Jobs, and opposing disastrous trade deals, like NAFTA, TPP, and making sure to have american jobs being put first.

Tuesday, January 19th:

Give a Campaign Speech in Fort Mill,SC

"Our jobs are getting ruined" A once thriving jobs industry is gone, why some lowsy politicians, banksters combining to fill their petty hands with money, while jobs get outsourced to china, mexico or who knows where."

Meet Voters in Rock Hill, SC (Address their concerns of losing jobs, lack of opportunities, and a plan to rebuild local industry, with a welfare-jobs program, based on preventing Chinese corporation from taking control of SC jobs, and transferring these corporations of the control to the american people, and hiring workers to work in these local american industries)

Meet Voters in Chester SC

- Talk about the incompetence of the local conservative governor, Nikki Haely, to account for the ruins of the SC economy, based upon China's hand, and allowing foreign industries to take control and precedence american jobs. Rebuild our Industry, is JBE motto

-Barnstorming in Eureka Mill, SC (Talk about the importance of american sovereignty, stopping leasing of american land to foreign business, restoring once-thriving american jobs, stopping free trade manipulation by businesses, the problems with the leadership in the WTO, in where America is not standing up, and fighting for her interests, and the interests of the workers around the world in opposing the ruining of national sovereignty, tariffs and jobs for a ruling of foreign leadership..

Senator Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #132 on: August 12, 2016, 12:58:16 AM »
« Edited: August 12, 2016, 01:44:22 AM by Spiral »

Buchanan for the Nationalists

Longtime political commentator and former Conservative Party leader candidate Patrick J. Buchanan announced his candidacy for the Nationalist Party leadership earlier. Below are excerpts from his announcement speech:

"I enter this race for the leadership contest and re-enter politics not out of enjoyment, because this process is no fun. I enter it not to advance my career, because I have seen it all and already live a comfortable life. I enter it because everything that I was talking about ten years ago, twenty years ago, and thirty years ago is now coming to light before our very eyes. Friends, the America that we know and cherish will forever vanish without a serious change in leadership now. This grand republic that the men in Lexington and Concord fought for is in danger of becoming another failed society in the history books. At this moment in time, who here will stand up and say, 'I'm going to take my country back'?"

"Back in 1992, I addressed the Conservatives at their convention and talked about the culture war being waged in the country. This culture war is alive and well, and it has only gotten worse. Families are broken, drugs are rampant, divorce is rising. Our children are being exposed to sex and violence every day of their lives, and thousands of other children are being aborted every single year in the name of 'women's choice.' On the flip side of the coin, Americans' livelihoods are being outsourced by global corporations, and our government doesn't raise a finger to stop it. I can't tell you how many men and women I have met at factories and mills over the years begging me, 'save our jobs,' because they have nowhere to go once those are gone. America is also being fundamentally reshaped by our open borders policy. The unique achievements of American culture and heritage have been slowly stripped away by inviting the world at our doorstep, and few are brave enough to discuss this fact. Given everything that I have mentioned, what we are seeing is the rotting of America at its core."

"I have worked closely in the White House with two of the most consequential prime ministers of the past century: Richard Nixon and Ronald Reagan. I got to see firsthand the inner workings of government, how policy is formulated, and how these men make the toughest decisions any of us have to face. This is experience that, despite my respect for my opponents, nobody else can claim. Again, I have no reason to jump back in politics at my age other than the fact that I love this country and I want it to have a bright future once again. The Nationalist Party has surely made gains in recent years, but now is the time to take the party to a whole new level. We Nationalists are nationalists first and foremost, and "America First" will be our guiding principle. We are going to aggressively campaign across these United States and be the only alternative to the long-term illness plaguing this country. Ladies and gentlemen, the Buchanan Brigade is back in full force. God bless you all, and God bless the United States of America!"

January 13
-Strategy coordination with top campaign staff in Washington, DC
-Fundraiser in Washington, DC
-Rally in Arlington, VA
-Appearance on Fox News

January 14
-Town hall in St. Augustine, FL
-Rally in Jacksonville, FL
-Rally in Orlando, FL
-Appearance on CNN

January 15
-Connecting with grassroots organizations in Santa Ana, CA
-Rally in Sacramento, CA
-Voter registration drive in San Diego, CA
-Fundraiser in Los Angeles, CA

January 16
-Speaking with workers in Flint, MI
-Developing "working-class coalition" of supporters in Detroit, MI
-Speech on jobs and globalization in Detroit, MI
-Appearance on MSNBC

January 17
-Connecting with grassroots organizations in Chicago, IL
-Rally in Peoria, IL
-Rally in Rockford, IL
-Appearance on 60 Minutes

January 18
-Connecting with grassroots organizations in New York, NY
-Town Hall in Niagara Falls, NY
-Rally in Syracuse, NY
-Fundraiser in New York, NY

January 19
-Boosting NH campaign headquarters
-Appear on local radio in Nashua, NH
-Town Hall in Londonberry, NH
-Rally in Concord, NH
-Fundraiser in Manchester, NH

/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #133 on: August 13, 2016, 10:49:40 AM »

Turn 2 - January 20 to January 26, 2016

Hi, guys! Grin

First of all, I'd just like to say that I'm really happy with how the game is progressing so far. We only have one week remaining until Iowa, so I hope everyone is excited for the primary season to begin! First, let's take a look at the first primary polling and some summaries regarding how the leadership elections seem to be shaping up in each party:

The Liberals

Nationwide - January 20

John Kerry - 28%
Hillary Clinton - 27%
Brian Schweitzer - 16%
Chris Murphy - 9%
Joe Kennedy - 7%
Undecided - 13%

Iowa - January 20

Brian Schweitzer - 26%
Hillary Clinton - 22%
Chris Murphy - 19%
John Kerry - 18%
Joe Kennedy - 7%
Undecided - 8%

New Hampshire - January 20

Hillary Clinton - 27%
Joe Kennedy - 22%
John Kerry - 18%
Chris Murphy - 14%
Brian Schweitzer - 11%
Undecided - 8%

In the race to succeed Prime Minister Barack Obama as leader of the Liberal Party, Hillary Clinton and John Kerry - both former Cabinet Ministers and one even a former Party Leader himself - have developed early leads, with both taking advantage of high name recognition and their experience in office to grow their leads. Meanwhile, three other candidates - MP Chris Murphy of Connecticut, MP Joe Kennedy of Massachusetts, and former Montana Premier Brian Schweitzer - have all continued to gain momentum as well. While Schweitzer has largely focused on Western and Southern states that vote later in the primary season in order to gain a delegate advantage, Murphy and Kennedy have each placed a large focus on one of the early primary states, with Murphy building an impressive infrastructure in Iowa and Kennedy picking up support in New Hampshire.

The Conservatives

Nationwide - January 20

Cathy McMorris Rogers - 24%
Marco Rubio - 22%
Todd Young - 21%
John Kasich - 19%
Undecided - 14%

Iowa - January 20

Todd Young - 31%
Marco Rubio - 24%
John Kasich - 22%
Cathy McMorris Rogers - 14%
Undecided - 9%

John Kasich - 26%
Todd Young - 24%
Marco Rubio - 22%
Cathy McMorris Rogers - 21%
Undecided - 7%

While candidates Marco Rubio and John Kasich have entered the race for Conservative leadership with significant name recognition advantages, the real surprises of the first week of the race are MP Cathy McMorris Rogers of Washington and MP Todd Young of Colorado, each of whom have surged in support despite being little-known before the primary season began. While Rogers has gained an early lead in national polling, Young and Kasich have each developed advantages in early primary states, with Young ahead comfortably in Iowa and Kasich holding a slight lead in New Hampshire. Meanwhile, Rubio is seen as the only candidate within striking distance of taking the lead in all three surveyed areas.

The Nationalists

Nationwide - January 20

Ted Cruz - 30%
Pat Buchanan - 17%
Joni Ernst - 16%
Mike Crapo - 13%
Mike Lee - 5%
Ralph Hall - 2%
Undecided - 17%

Iowa - January 20

Joni Ernst - 40%
Mike Crapo - 23%
Ted Cruz - 20%
Pat Buchanan - 7%
Mike Lee - 3%
Ralph Hall - 0%
Undecided - 7%

Ted Cruz - 39%
Pat Buchanan - 27%
Joni Ernst - 11%
Mike Crapo - 8%
Mike Lee - 3%
Ralph Hall - 1%
Undecided - 11%

Incumbent Deputy Leader Ted Cruz of Texas - by far the most well-known candidate in the Nationalist field - has taken early leads both nationwide and in the state of New Hampshire, benefiting off of high name recognition and his ability to access party resources as Deputy Leader. Meanwhile, political commentator and former leadership candidate Pat Buchanan has emerged as Cruz's main challenger, holding a comfortable second place lead in New Hampshire and slightly edging out each of Cruz's other opponents nationwide. In Iowa, both MP Joni Ernst and MP Mike Crapo are seen as gaining support, with Ernst currently holding a broad advantage in her home state and Crapo coming in second.

The Progressives

Nationwide - January 20

Bernie Sanders - 29%
Suzan DelBene - 20%
Elizabeth Warren - 19%
Sherrod Brown - 10%
Tulsi Gabbard - 8%
Undecided - 14%

Iowa - January 20

Bernie Sanders - 26%
Tulsi Gabbard - 20%
Elizabeth Warren - 20%
Suzan DelBene - 15%
Sherrod Brown - 10%
Undecided - 9%

Bernie Sanders - 39%
Sherrod Brown - 17%
Elizabeth Warren - 16%
Suzan DelBene - 15%
Tulsi Gabbard - 5%
Undecided - 8%

Over the course of the past few years, Progressive Leader Bernie Sanders has seen his support slowly erode as other sects of his party have proposed alternatives that could help the Progressives improve upon their fourth-place finish in the 2012 general election. While Sanders still holds a lead in most polling, Deputy Party Leader Elizabeth Warren and Washington MP Suzan DelBene have both presented major challenges to his reelection bid nationwide. Meanwhile, MP Tulsi Gabbard of Hawaii has begun to grow support in the early primary state of Iowa, while MP Sherrod Brown of Ohio has made a strong play for New Hampshire.

The Jacksonians

Nationwide - January 20

Joe Manchin - 32%
Donald Trump - 21%
Jon Bel Edwards - 16%
Carte Goodwin - 10%
Jim Webb - 4%
Chris Koster - 3%
Undecided - 14%

Iowa - January 20

Joe Manchin - 31%
Donald Trump - 26%
Jon Bel Edwards - 17%
Carte Goodwin - 9%
Jim Webb - 5%
Chris Koster - 4%
Undecided - 8%

Donald Trump - 31%
Joe Manchin - 29%
Jon Bel Edwards - 14%
Carte Goodwin - 7%
Chris Koster - 4%
Jim Webb - 3%
Undecided - 13%

Jacksonian Leader Joe Manchin, now in his fourth year as head of the fifth-largest party in the nation, is experiencing similar problems to those faced by Progressive Leader Bernie Sanders, with both being challenged by a number of opponents who have proposed alternatives to help improve upon subpar performances in 2012. While Jon Bel Edwards and Carte Goodwin have both presented strong challenges to Manchin's leadership and have seen increased support across the board, the real surprise this cycle is the insurgent candidacy of celebrity businessman Donald Trump, who has surged in support nationwide and even gained an early lead in the state of New Hampshire. Many see the contest for Jacksonian leadership as a four-way battle between Manchin, Trump, Edwards, and Goodwin, with candidates Jim Webb and Chris Koster yet to make any major campaign appearances.

The Independents

Nationwide - January 20

Rob Portman - 27%
Rand Paul - 22%
Elon Musk - 18%
Bill Weld - 16%
Undecided - 17%

Iowa - January 20

Rob Portman - 37%
Bill Weld - 17%
Rand Paul - 16%
Elon Musk - 13%
Undecided - 17%

Rob Portman - 22%
Elon Musk - 21%
Bill Weld - 21%
Rand Paul - 19%
Undecided - 17%

Perhaps the most competitive leadership election in the nation, the battle to succeed Susan Collins as head of the Independence Party has so far seen extremely close races across the board, with Rob Portman, Rand Paul, Elon Musk, and Bill Weld all gaining significant amounts of support nationwide and in early primary states. While Rob Portman currently holds a small advantage in national polling and a comfortable lead in the state of Iowa, polling in New Hampshire is essentially tied between the four candidates.

(Turn 2 Introduction continued in next post.)
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #134 on: August 13, 2016, 10:50:26 AM »
« Edited: August 13, 2016, 01:56:11 PM by ͡◔ ᴥ ͡◔ »

A few quick reminders for Turn 2:

1. As I stated earlier, leadership elections in this timeline are much more fluid and policy-centered than presidential primaries are in real life, meaning that you should focus more on building up a delegate advantage in the later primary states rather than the early contests in Iowa and New Hampshire. I keep track of how many times each player visits each state, so please try to build a nationwide campaign if you'd like to do well in March, April, and May. Do not focus too much on the results in Iowa and New Hampshire, especially if you've been campaigning in other states as well.

2. I only received endorsement requests from around twenty people this turn, so please remember to message me if you'd like any endorsements. Some of the more prominent endorsements (former party leaders, well-known MPs, etc.) will only be available later in the primary season, so even if you don't receive certain endorsements this turn I'll keep track of each player's requests and hand more out as the game continues.

3. From now on, please include me in all PMs regarding the game just so I can keep track. Thanks!

Campaign Endorsements from Turn 1

Liberal Party:

Brian Schweitzer - Tom Daschle, Jon Tester, Tom Vilsack
Joe Kennedy - Ed Markey, Jeanne Shaheen, Ann McLane Kuster
Hillary Clinton - Bill Clinton
John Kerry - John Edwards, Dannel Malloy

Conservative Party:

Todd Young - Darrell Issa, Michael McCaul, Scott Rigell, Cory Garnder

Nationalist Party:

Joni Ernst - Ron Johnson, Tom Cotton, Ted Nugent
Ted Cruz - Steve King, Ron DeSantis, Glenn Beck, Louie Gohmert, Mick Mulvaney
Pat Buchanan - Tom Tancredo, Bob Smith, James Inhofe
Mike Crapo - Jake Chapman, Rod Blum, Brad Zaun, Ralph Watts

Progressive Party:

Suzan DelBene - Rick Larsen, Jim McDermott, Derek Kilmer, Adam Smith
Bernie Sanders - AFL-CIO, Robert Reich
Sherrod Brown - Tim Ryan, Marcy Kaptur

Jacksonian Party:

Joe Manchin - Teamsters Union

Independence Party:

Rand Paul - Ron Paul, Thomas Massie, Justin Amash
Rob Portman - Kelly Ayotte, David Young
Bill Weld - Chris Sununu, Gordon Humphrey
Elon Musk - Jesse Venutra, Peter Thiel, John Stossel

The First Debate

Monday, January 21 in Des Moines, Iowa

Each candidate must answer three questions directed to all members of his/her party and one question directed to the candidate personally. Responses and rebuttals are permitted but not mandatory.

Liberal Party Questions:

1. Currently, polling shows that only 44% of voters have a positive or neutral opinion of Prime Minister Barack Obama. Do you approve of Prime Minister Obama's job performance, and, if so, how can you explain his low approval ratings?
2. If elected, which three issues will you focus the most attention on while in office?
3. If you could choose one other party for the Liberals to form a coalition government with, which one would it be and why?

For Brian Schweitzer - As former Premier of Montana, you have governed a state with one of the smallest minority populations in the nation. How can you connect with minority voters and assure then that you have the proper experience to deal with issues that most affect them?

For Joe Kennedy - Multiple other candidates in the leadership race have so far suggested that much of your popularity is based off of your connections to the Kennedy family, one of the most prominent political dynasties in the history of the Liberal Party. How can you assure voters that you will be an effective Prime Minister in your own right?

For Hillary Clinton - You have been criticized in the past for serving on the executive boards of  multiple large corporations and for accepting large sums of money from corporations as payment for giving speeches. How can you assure voters that you will have the interests of common people - not those of big businesses - in mind while serving as Prime Minister?

For Chris Murphy - Recent polls have suggested that you are the candidate with the least name recognition out of all five candidates on this stage. If you could sum up the message of your campaign concisely in order to introduce yourself to unfamiliar voters, what would you say?

John Kerry - The 2004 election - during which you were leader of the Liberal Party - was the only election since 1988 in which the Liberals did not receive a plurality of the popular vote. How can you assure voters that you have what it takes despite your loss in 2004?

Conservative Party Questions:

1. Recently, incumbent Conservative Leader Paul Ryan has stated that he does not think your party should pursue another coalition with the Liberals even if the opportunity presents itself this November. Do you agree or disagree with this sentiment?
2. If elected, which three issues will you focus the most attention on while in office?
3. If you could choose one other party for the Conservatives to form a coalition government with, which one would it be and why?

For John Kasich - Having served as Premier of Ohio since 2011, you have not been a Member of Parliament since 2001. How can you assure voters that you still have what it takes to serve as head of the House of Commons?

For Marco Rubio - Despite currently having the highest name recognition, you have recently been surpassed in the polls by MP Cathy McMorris Rogers of Washington. How do you plan to regain your lead?

For Cathy McMorris Rogers - In 2008, MP Hillary Clinton emphasized during her bid for leadership of the Liberal Party that she would be the first woman to become Prime Minister if elected. Do you believe that the use of your gender is an appropriate way to gain support?

For Todd Young - Currently, you have the lowest name recognition among all four candidates for Conservative leadership. How can you introduce yourself to voters?

Nationalist Party Questions:

1. Despite a surge of support in 2012, recent polling has suggested that the Nationalist Party is by far the most polarizing. How can you expand your base in 2016 in order to join government?
3. If you could choose one other party for the Nationalists to form a coalition government with, which one would it be and why?

For Ted Cruz - Why do you think so many other candidates have challenged you in your bid for leadership despite your status as current Deputy Leader of the party?

For All Other Nationalists - Why have you made the decision to challenge the incumbent Deputy Leader of your own party in his bid for leadership?

Progressive Party Questions:

1. Despite a strong effort by the Progressives to join government in 2012, the Liberals passed you over for the Conservatives when choosing who to make a coalition with. Why do you think that happened?
3. If you could choose one other party for the Progressives to form a coalition government with, which one would it be and why?

For Bernie Sanders - Why do you think so many other candidates have challenged you in your bid for leadership despite your status as current leader of the party?

For All Other Progressives - Why have you made the decision to challenge the incumbent leader of your own party in his bid for reelection?

Jacksonian Party Questions:

1. Your party currently only holds twenty-one seats outside of Appalachia. How do you think the Jacksonians can successfully expand your base to other areas?
3. If you could choose one other party for the Jacksonians to form a coalition government with, which one would it be and why?

For Joe Manchin - Why do you think so many other candidates have challenged you in your bid for leadership despite your status as current leader of the party?

For All Other Jacksonians - Why have you made the decision to challenge the incumbent leader of your own party in his bid for reelection?

Independence Party Questions:

1. In 2012, the Independence Party won the fewest seats of any party currently in Parliament. How can your party expand its support in 2016?
3. If you could choose one other party for the Jacksonians to form a coalition government with, which one would it be and why?

For Rand Paul - Despite leading in name recognition, you are currently trailing in national polls to Rob Portman. How do you think you can retake your lead?

For Rob Portman - Many have criticized you for being too far to the right on issues like abortion for most members of the Independence Party. How can you assure Independent voters that your policy positions are in line with the values that they hold?

For Bill Weld - Until recently, you were a member of the Conservative Party. How can you assure voters that you are a faithful Independent and will take the interests of the Independence Party into account while governing?

For Elon Musk - You are the only Independent candidate currently running who has never held elected office before. How can you convince voters that you are ready to serve as Prime Minister?

Turn 2 will end on Monday, August 15 at 12:00 PM. Good luck!
Representative simossad
simossad
Germany

« Reply #135 on: August 13, 2016, 12:35:25 PM »

Sorry if you wrote it and I was just too blind to see it, but where and on which day will the debates be held? I think we all need that informarion for our schedules.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #136 on: August 13, 2016, 12:55:15 PM »
« Edited: August 13, 2016, 02:06:16 PM by DKrol »

Tested, Proven, Ready
The Bill Weld Campaign

January 20th
Morning: Rally in Albuquerque, New Mexico
Afternoon: Rest
Evening: Fundraising dinner in Sante Fe, New Mexico
Late Night: Fly to Iowa

January 21st
Morning: Open Iowa campaign office in Des Moines, Iowa
Afternoon: Rally in Des Moines, Iowa
Evening: Participate in Leadership Debate

January 22nd
Morning: Meet-and-Greet in Oakland, Iowa
Afternoon: Rally in Council Bluffs, Iowa
Evening: Fly to New Hampshire

January 23rd
Morning: Tour small businesses in the Seacoast Region
Afternoon: Rally in Portsmouth, New Hampshire with Gordon Humphrey and Chris Sununu
Evening: Fundraising dinner in Loudon, New Hampshire
Late Evening: Fly to Nevada

January 24th
Morning: Tour various casinos in Las Vegas, Nevada
Afternoon: Rally in Paradise, Nevada
Evening: Fundraising dinner in Elkho, Nevada

January 25th
Morning: Rally in Elkho, Nevada
Afternoon: Fly to Florida
Evening: Rally in Miami, Florida

January 26th
Morning: Fundraising dinner in Tallahassee, Florida
Afternoon: Open Florida campaign office in Tallahassee, Florida
Evening: Policy speech at the University of Florida A&M University

Debate Responses
Q: 1. In 2012, the Independence Party won the fewest seats of any party currently in Parliament. How can your party expand its support in 2016?
A: People are fed up with the status-quo. There isn't a lick of difference between the Liberals and the Conservatives. They're fighting to maintain a duopoly of power through their continued coalition governments, fighting to keep the other parties out and squash dissent. The American people see this and I think they're ready to hear someone else's opinion for a change.

Q: 2. If elected, which three issues will you focus the most attention on while in office?
A: I laid out the answer to this question in my announcement speech. First, we need to finally bring this country up to par with the rest of the world with respect to social issues. We need to give our LGBT friends the equal, human rights, that they deserve. We need to have a commonsense, safe, legal, and rare abortion policy, and we need to increase the education standards in this country. Second, we need to stop harassing our Muslim, African American, and diverse brothers and sisters. We need to recognize that discrimination does exist, it has existed, and we need to do something about it. We can't keep turning a blind eye to division, bigotry, and racism. Third, we need to reign in the federal budget and get the government back under control. The last thirty or forty years of government duopoly has allowed the government bureaucracy to expand and balloon to a really unsustainable point. We need to get some commonsense people into government, start with a 0-base budget, and reign it in. I told the Conservative this back in 1992, I want the Government out of your pocketbook and out of your bedroom.

Q: 3. If you could choose one other party for the Jacksonians to form a coalition government with, which one would it be and why?

A: Anyone who supports the principles of freedom, personal choice, and liberty. Look, if the Nationalists, the Jacksonians, the Liberals, the Conservatives, or, heck, even the Progressives come to me and say 'We've had our differences, but we want to work together to make a government for the people' I'd take them up on that offer. Now, of coarse I'd hold them in check to make sure they kept up their end of the bargain. We can't worry about petty personal politics when we're charged with making a government of the people, by the people, and for the people.

Q: For Bill Weld - Until recently, you were a member of the Conservative Party. How can you assure voters that you are a faithful Independent and will take the interests of the Independence Party into account while governing?

A: Well, look it. I've been a Independent all my life. People called me an Independent, when I endorsed visitation rights for same-sex couples and I recognized that teenage suicide of same-sex people was a serious issue, when I was Premier of Massachusetts in the 1990s. Regardless of party label, I've always held Independent Party principles in my heart, in my head, and in my actions. I was denied a hearing for an Ambassadorship because I endorsed same-sex marriage and medical marijuana decades before it was the popular thing to do. I was rated the most fiscally conservative premier in the country. I've always held the views of the Independence Party, I've always been an Independent in my heart, and I've always fought for the ideas and principles of the Independence Party.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #137 on: August 13, 2016, 01:35:51 PM »

January 20-26th:

January 20th:
- Rally in Charleston, WV
- Rally in Huntington, WV
- Barnstorm Charleston, WV
- Barnstorm Charleston, WV

January 21:
- Major Rally in NYC, NY
- Barnstorm NYC, NY
- Rally in Des Moines, IA
- Barnstorm Des Moines, IA

January 22:
- Rally in Des Moines
- Rally in Des Moines
- Town Hall in Des Moines
- Barnstorm Des Moines
- Barnstorm Des Moines

January 23:
- Barnstorm Des Moines
- Town Hall in Davenport, IA
- Rally in Davenport, IA
- Barnstorm Davenport, IA
- Barnstorm Cedar Rapids, IA
- Barnstorm Cedar Rapids, IA

Janury 24:
- Town Hall in Cedar Rapids, IA
- Town Hall in Cedar Rapids, IA
- Town Hall in Waterloo, IA
- Town Hall in Waterloo, IA
- Rally in Waterloo, IA
- Barnstorm Waterloo, IA

January 25:
- Rally in Dubuque, IA
- Barnstorm Dubuque, IA
- Rally in Council Bluffs, IA
- Barnstorm Des Moines

January 26:
- Major Rally in Los Angeles, CA
- Barnstorm Los Angeles, CA

Debate Answers
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #138 on: August 13, 2016, 01:48:11 PM »

Sorry if you wrote it and I was just too blind to see it, but where and on which day will the debates be held? I think we all need that informarion for our schedules.

The debate will be held on January 21 in Des Moines, Iowa. Sorry if I forgot to mention that Tongue
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #139 on: August 13, 2016, 02:06:45 PM »

January 20th
-Open campaign office in Iowa City, Iowa
-Rally in Davenport, Iowa
-Debate prep with senior staff

January 21st
-Pre-debate Facebook Live Q&A session with voters
-Open campaign office in Colorado Springs, Colorado

January 22nd
-Travel to Minnesota, rally in Saint Paul, Minnesota
-Fundraiser in Minneapolis, Minnesota
-Attend Timberwolves v.s. Nuggets game

January 23rd
-Rally in Boulder, Colorado
-Fundraiser in Denver, Colorado
-Travel to Michigan
-Rally in Lansing, Michigan

January 24th
-Fundraiser in Grand Rapids, Michigan
-Open campaign office in Ann Arbor, Michigan
-Travel to Maine, Rally in Bangor, Maine

January 25th
-Fundraiser in Montpelier, Vermont
-Rally in Burlington, Vermont
-Appearance on late night talk shows

January 26th

-Open campaign office in Richmond, Virginia
-Rally in Charlottesville, Virginia
-Photo-op at Shenandoah National Park

Debate Answers:

evergreenarbor

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: -8.43

« Reply #140 on: August 13, 2016, 02:39:27 PM »
« Edited: August 14, 2016, 02:00:52 AM by evergreenarbor »

Suzan DelBene
A New Voice for Progress

Campaign Schedule

January 20
-Fundraise in Las Vegas, NV
-Rally in Las Vegas, NV
-Build campaign infrastructure in Las Vegas, NV

January 21
-Rally in Tucson, AZ
-Flight to Des Moines, IA
-Participate in debate

January 22
-Flight to Flagstaff, AZ
-Town Hall in Flagstaff, AZ
-Visit Grand Canyon National Park

January 23
-Build campaign infrastructure in Denver, CO
-Appearance on local media
-Policy speech in Denver, CO

January 24
-Appearance on State of the Union
-Town Hall in Boulder, CO
-Film national TV ads:

Here's a link to what that ad might look like.

January 25
-Rally in Kansas City, KS
-Build campaign infrastructure in Kansas City, KS
-Appearance on MSNBC

January 26
-Town Hall in Lincoln, NE
-Build campaign infrastructure in Omaha, NE
-Rally in Omaha, NE

The Debate

Despite a strong effort by the Progressives to join government in 2012, the Liberals passed you over for the Conservatives when choosing who to make a coalition with. Why do you think that happened?

I think we were passed over because of misconceptions about our party. Many people think, erroneously, that we are a party of far-far-left coastal elites, a party that doesn't care about the struggles of the working class in the Rust Belt or the quality of the environment in the Mountain West. I think that Prime Minister Obama passed us over because he thought that associating himself with us would be some sort of "liability." And I think he was wrong to do that. The Progressives aren't a party of coastal elites - we are a party for all Americans who want to fight for economic and social justice. Are we further to the left than the Liberals? Of course. But I don't think that we would have been a liability to Obama's government, and I think that when he passed over us to form a coalition with the Conservatives, he missed a great opportunity to move this country in a more progressive direction.

If elected, which three issues will you focus the most attention on while in office?

First, I will focus on jump-starting our economy. Our recovery from the Great Recession has been sluggish and painful. We need bold new ideas that will put Americans back to work doing good jobs for good wages. I support increasing the minimum wage to $15 an hour and indexing it to inflation thereafter. I also support a public works program to provide good jobs while repairing our infrastructure.

Second, I will focus on reforming our political system by expanding voting rights and fixing our campaign finance system. As the Progressive leader, I would break down barriers to voting and make sure that everyone could have a say in our democracy. I would make Election Day a national holiday and I would support legislation that would establish automatic voter registration for all citizens. I would also propose a constitutional amendment to overturn Citizens United.

Third, I will focus on protecting our environment from the dangers posed by climate change and Big Oil. I believe that we need to limit carbon dioxide emissions through carbon pricing, ban fracking, and end the dangerous practice of offshore drilling.

If you could choose one other party for the Progressives to form a coalition government with, which one would it be and why?

If the Progressives do not win a majority of seats in the upcoming election, we should try to form a coalition with the Liberals. I believe that we were right in trying to form a coalition with them in 2012. Our party has strong disagreements with the Liberals on many issues, but the Liberals are ultimately the party that is most similar to ours and they are the party that it is easiest for me to see the Progressives working with.

Why have you made the decision to challenge the incumbent leader of your own party in his bid for reelection?

I have tremendous respect for Mr. Sanders and I believe that he has been an excellent leader of our party. I have enjoyed working with him for these last four years and I hope that he chooses to remain in Parliament for many years after this election.

With that being said, I believe that it is time for a change in leadership. This year, we have our best ever chance of winning an absolute majority of seats. Voters are tired of the Liberals and the Conservatives. The Progressives are the only credible alternative to those two parties. We need bold new leadership to make sure that we have the best chance of winning as many seats as we can. We need bold leadership so that we can expand out of our coastal bases and win more seats in the Mountain West, the Midwest, and the South. I believe that I can best provide this bold leadership as part of a new generation of MPs.

Question

Has Parliament been adjourned? If not, do we need to mention parliamentary duties in our schedules? I can edit my schedule if this is the case.

(Edited to fix issues with the ad I posted.)
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #141 on: August 13, 2016, 02:57:24 PM »

Question

Has Parliament been adjourned? If not, do we need to mention parliamentary duties in our schedules? I can edit my schedule if this is the case.

Parliament is in session for most of 2016, but you don't really need to discuss parliamentary activities in your schedules unless you'd like to.
Potus
Potus2036

« Reply #142 on: August 13, 2016, 03:29:57 PM »

Schedule, etc. coming soon. Moving into college chaos
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #143 on: August 13, 2016, 05:24:47 PM »

Marco Rubio schedule up later tonight have some things to do atm
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #144 on: August 14, 2016, 01:18:43 AM »

January 20
-Fly to Nevada
-Rally in Las Vegas, Nevada
-Barnstorm in Clark County, Nevada

January 21
-Barnstorm in Lyon County, Nevada
-Policy Speech in Carson City, Nevada "We Need Campaign Finance Reform"
-Fly to Massachusetts

January 22
-Barnstorm in Plymouth County, Massachusetts
-Rally in Boston, Massachusetts
-Meet with Progressive candidates in Suffolk County, Massachusetts

January 23
-Fly to Pennsylvania
-Town Hall with Robert Reich in Scranton, Pennsylvania

January 24
-Rally in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
-Barnstorm in York County
-Build campaign infrastructure in Pennsylvania

January 25
-Fly to Washington, DC
-Rally with Richard Trumka, President of the AFL-CIO in the District of Columbia

-Barnstorm in Loudon County, Washington DC

January 26
-Fly to Ohio
-Rally in Cleveland, Ohio
-Build Campaign Infrastructure in Ohio

Debate responses

1. Despite a strong effort by the Progressives to join government in 2012, the Liberals passed you over for the Conservatives when choosing who to make a coalition with. Why do you think that happened?

3. If you could choose one other party for the Progressives to form a coalition government with, which one would it be and why?

For Bernie Sanders - Why do you think so many other candidates have challenged you in your bid for leadership despite your status as current leader of the party?

Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #145 on: August 14, 2016, 03:04:40 AM »

Marco Rubio campaign update

Debate responses:
1. I wholeheartedly agree with Mr. Ryan. The reason our party has steadily been losing support is that we refuse to stand up for the core principle that our party envisions. Being in power ultimately means nothing if we cannot put through any of our policy positions and I believe it is time to ditch our coalition with the Liberals and instead attempt to gain a true parliamentary majority or engage in a coalition with another right wing party.
2. The three core issues I will focus on in office as Prime Minister are the national debt, in other words shrinking the deficit and finally starting to wittle down the debt for the first time since the 1990's, foreign policy, particularly wiping out Islamic State and ensuring that the Middle East is re-divided into states that match the people that live in them, and third reforming the tax code to lessen the tax burden on our American families and to make it easier to understand for the average person.
3. If there is any party we must engage with to form a coalition government, I would prefer for it to be the Independence Party. The Independence party believes in many of the same things the Conservative Party does in terms of fiscal party and would help move our social positions into a more modern look.
4. It is true that present polling has shown my lead disappearing or not even present at all, but I intend to continue to move along with a positive outlook for the party and our great country, if my message is the right one then the American People and especially the Conservative voters will accept it , then I will get the party leadership and the Prime Ministership, if not, then I was not meant to be the leader our of our party or our nation in the first place. Thank you and God Bless all of you!

Marco Rubio campaign schedule:
January 20:
- Fly to South Carolina and hold barnstorming rallies in Charleston, SC and Columbia, SC 
- Hold pre-debate plan session on the plan on the way back to Iowa
January 21:
- Hold pre-debate rally in Des Moines, IA
- Participate in Conservative Party leadership debate
- Hold post-debate Q&A sessions in front of camera for media orgs.
January 22:
- Fly to Nevada
- Hold a rally in Reno, NV and Carson City, NV
January 23:
- Multistate tour across the south...
10 AM rally in Dallas, TX
3 PM rally in Oklahoma City, OK
9 PM rally in Little Rock, AR
January 24:
- Continue Multistate tour across the south...
10 AM rally in Mobile, AL
3 PM rally in Birmingham, AL
9 PM rally in Atlanta, GA
January 25:
- finish multistate tour across the south...
10 AM rally in Savannah, GA
3 PM rally in Charleston, SC
9 PM rally in Columbia, SC
January 26:
- return to Iowa for a tour
10 AM rally in Storm Lake, IA
3 PM rally in Ames, IA
8 PM rally in Des Moines, IA
10 PM post-rally Q&A for media and update on AD spending, AD spending figures below

Iowa - 600K Adbuy in Des Moines and Davenport markets ( 400 K Des moines, 200K Davenport)
New Hampshire - 200K adbuy in Manchester market
South Carolina - 100K adbuy in both Columbia and Charleston markets
Nevada - 150K adbuys in each Reno and Las Vegas markets
Texas - 700K adbuy (300K in DFW, 250K in Houston, 50K radio ad buy in San Antonio market)

Total raised so far: 2.7 M Cash on hand post-adbuy: 950K
Representative simossad
simossad
Germany

« Reply #146 on: August 14, 2016, 06:12:26 AM »
« Edited: August 14, 2016, 07:06:58 AM by simossad »

Elizabeth Warren for Progressive Leadership (Turn 2)
Part 1 - debate

Despite a strong effort by the Progressives to join government in 2012, the Liberals passed you over for the Conservatives when choosing who to make a coalition with. Why do you think that happened?

If elected, which three issues will you focus the most attention on while in office?

If you could choose one other party for the Progressives to form a coalition government with, which one would it be and why?

Why have you made the decision to challenge the incumbent leader of your own party in his bid for reelection?

schedule coming soon.
GAworth
United States

« Reply #147 on: August 14, 2016, 10:07:31 AM »

Tulsi Gabbard responses at the Debate
Honestly, I think that there are forces within the Liberal Party that are scared of what a Liberal-Progressive Government would do. I do feel that some in the Party would look to keeping the status quo in tact because it helps them. However, I know that many Liberals now feel that they have made a mistake by joining this coalition, so I hope that after this election, with a larger grouping, we can sit with the Liberals and make a Government that works for the People.
As Leader I would fight hard on a wide of Topics. However, the big three would be ending mass incarceration, fighting climate change, and getting big money out of politics.

As we all know America has a terrible habit of throwing every problem we have in jail, hoping it will magically make it better. Sadly that has only lead to the destruction of millions of American families and when our Ohana is unstable, there is opportunity for them to advance in society. Also, I do have to say that it is a fact that our criminal justice system is geared to incarcerate more people of color than any other group. I truly feel that the criminal justice system is one of the last bastions of institutionalized racism in America.
As Leader I would advocate for restoring voting rights to felons in every state. I would look at diversionary programs and increasing funding for job training and mental health programs. I would also look at the decriminalizing some of the smaller offenses, like possession of Marijuana. Far to many people go into the Prison Pipeline that should not have gone there in the first place.

As a Hawaiian, I have first the changes to our climate that we as people have caused. We have to act on this problem! Many of our Pacific brothers and sisters will be refugees in 30, 40, 50 years because there nation will no longer be above water. This will lead to the largest refugee migration the world has seen. We in America must move off of our dependence of fossil fuels and move to a renewable energy economy. I also support investing in carbon capture technology and incentives to transform America Auto-industry to a world leader of clean green automobiles. We must also work with the international community to combat climate change on a global scale.

Now I know that must Americans believe that we should get big money out of politics, but it is not a major issue. Well let me say that getting money out of politics is the single best policy we could in act. Big money is why guns are easier to get than an appointment with a doctor. Why housing and home ownership is unattainable by many, why college has become so un-affordable that the American dream itself is at risk. It is why our planet is warming and why our troops are overseas fighting in conflicts we should have never gotten into in the first place.  Overturning Citizens United would be one of my top priorities. Thank you.

Well let me say that my goal and I hope the goal of many in the Progressive Party is to see a Progressive Majority in the Parliament. However, being a realist, I know the fact that a coalition is more likely than an outright majority. I would look to working with the Liberal Party and I could possibly see a issue by issue agreement with the Jacksonian Party.

For All Other Progressives - Why have you made the decision to challenge the incumbent leader of your own party in his bid for reelection?
Let me just say that I respect Bernie Sanders immensely and think that he has done a good job, for the most part, as Leader. I feel however, that we need a change in Leadership. A fresh vision for the Party. I also believe that my background will help the Party expand further, in an increasingly diverse America, I feel that having a leader of Color and a female leader of Color could increase our chances of flipping seats across the country and the Progressive Majority we all wish to see.
GAworth
United States

« Reply #148 on: August 14, 2016, 10:33:04 AM »

#TogetherwithTulsi                 #TogetherwithTulsi                    #TogetherwithTulsi
Tulsi Gabbard Campaign Schedule

January 20th
Debate Prep
Campaigning in Spokane, Washington
Flight to Des Moines, Iowa

January 21st
Campaigning in Des Moines, Iowa
Participate in the Progressive Leader Debate

January 22nd
Eggs and Issues in Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Campaigning in Davenport, Iowa
Flight to Charlotte, North Carolina
Late Night Rally in Charlotte, North Carolina

January 23rd
Campaigning in Columbia, South Carolina
Campaigning in Charleston, South Carolina
Campaigning in Savannah, Georgia

January 24th
Campaigning in Jacksonville, Florida
Campaigning in Gainesville, Florida
Campaigning in Orlando, Florida
Campaigning in Tampa, Florida
Fundraiser in St. Petersburg, Florida

January 25th
Flight to Austin, Texas
Campaigning in Austin, Texas
Campaigning in San Antonio, Texas
Fundraiser in Austin, Texas
Flight to New York City, New York

January 26th
Campaigning in Queens, NYC, New York
Town Hall in Jamaica, Queens, NYC, New York
Campaigning in Brooklyn, NYC, New York
Meeting with Local Leaders in New York City, New York
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #149 on: August 14, 2016, 11:03:43 AM »

Schweitzer for PM

January 20

-Drive to Manchester, NH
-Campaign in Manchester
-Rally in Nashua
-Rally in Burlington

January 21
-Fly to Des Moines for debate
-Campaign in Des Moines
-Barnstorm through Ames

January 22
-Visit local areas throughout Iowa "I am the only Liberal Party candidate who knows anything about farming."

January 23
-Drive to Kansas City
-Rallies on both sides of KS/MO border
-Campaign in Topeka

January 24
-Drive from Wichita to Oklahoma City, campaigning along the way. "My party has abandoned you and I know that. But I'm gonna change that. I care about our Southern and Western liberals who want to have their voices heard.

January 25
-Rally in Oklahoma City
-Rally in Ardmore

January 26
-Fly to Memphis
-Barnstorm across Tennessee

Debate Answers:

1. Currently, polling shows that only 44% of voters have a positive or neutral opinion of Prime Minister Barack Obama. Do you approve of Prime Minister Obama's job performance, and, if so, how can you explain his low approval ratings?

I do approve of Obama. But I think a lot of people - in middle america, out west - feel like the president doesn't care about them. Those are the people who I've come to represent. With Schweitzer as your prime minister, farmers will have a valuable place in this nation once again!

-Cutting down banks: the banks have grown to unstoppable sizes and left the common man in the dust. We can't let this continue!
-Increased farm subsidies: We've got to start making our food in America again
-Better trade deals for the American worker

3. If you could choose one other party for the Liberals to form a coalition government with, which one would it be and why?

The Jacksonians - they care about the worker and the common man as much as I do. They have similar attitudes to trade, but most importantly they value the common man. They understand middle-class people like I do, and that's a value we both will bring to the table in a government.

For Brian Schweitzer - As former Premier of Montana, you have governed a state with one of the smallest minority populations in the nation. How can you connect with minority voters and assure then that you have the proper experience to deal with issues that most affect them?

I think all poorer and middle-class Americans can get behind my values, regardless of race. I'm not doing massive ad buys. I'm going around the country, talking to people. I'm not a Washington elite. I listen to people and care about what they think. Over the next few months i will talk to minority voters, and I will emphasize the issues I hear from people I talk to.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 24  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies