Le Petit Atlasien (Republic of Atlasia Official News Source) - Deputy GM
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 07:25:46 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Le Petit Atlasien (Republic of Atlasia Official News Source) - Deputy GM
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6
Author Topic: Le Petit Atlasien (Republic of Atlasia Official News Source) - Deputy GM  (Read 19260 times)
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 04, 2016, 11:42:16 AM »
« edited: January 15, 2017, 01:34:52 PM by Kalwejt »

Welcome,

As I take over as Game Moderator again, this thread shall serve as Atlasia's official news source.

Le Petit Atlasien updates shall be divided into three main sections:

1. Stories developed by yours truly
2. Economic data
3. Subsection mentioning which major RL did not occur in our universe (given the language of GM bill).

Enjoy or die Smiley
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2016, 11:50:30 AM »

Le Petit Atlasien

The Vice President Returns

Former President and current Vice President Lumine, who hadn't been seen or heard from since July 29th, is now back. Since Lumine has been widely known and respected for his dedication to Atlasia, his absence was a source of considerable worry in Nyman.

It turned out that, due to technical malfunction, all communication with the vice presidential residence in Nyman was cut off for a period of several days, during which time the Secret Service detail placed resistant Lumine in the bunker.

Turkey Suspends Diplomatic Relations with Greece

The Government of Turkey announced immediate suspension of diplomatic relations with Greece following Athens's refusal to extradite eight former officers, that fled abroad in a wake of unsuccessfully coup against President Erdogan. Said officers are in Greek custody for illegally crossing the border.

It had been reported that Turkish ships in the Egean Sea had been put on alert.

Atlasian Executed Abroad

Mark Hooper of New Orleans, Louisiana, had been beheaded for drugs possession in Saudi Arabia. He's the first Atlasian ever to be executed in that country.

Mr. Hooper had been awaiting execution for over a year, but the Atlasian government effectively abandoned diplomatic efforts to spare him during bore’s term, with later events, such as constitutional convention and reconstruction of government. It ought to be noted, however, that, as we've learned recently, Atlasian Department of State had been privately assured by Saudi government officials months ago, that „if there’s no diplomatic campaign”, Mr. Hooper will be saved. However, King Salman decided to ratify his sentence yesterday.

Weekly Unemployment Rate Update

The first official update on the unemployment had been released under the new GM:

Northeast 8.1%
South 9.0%
Midwest 9.9%
Mideast 11.4%
Pacific 10.7%
Nationwide 9.8%
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2016, 01:30:38 PM »

A Nonexistent Navy Ship

Former Secretary of State Potus had claimed, in one of his public statements, that he, quote, " lands on deck of USS Midway- again", unquote.

There is no ship named USS Midway in the Atlasian Navy. In fact, there is no "USS" designation at all. "USS" stands for the "United States Ship", a fictional nation created as an obscure internet game. All Atlasian Ships are designated as RAS (Republic of Atlasia Ship).

MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2016, 03:08:28 PM »

Military Coup in Paflagonia

The European nation of Paflagonia saw a successfull coup d'etat today, as the military, led by Field Marshal Adolf Freiherr von Kummerspeck arrested recently inaugurated President Andreas von Bongbong.

Mr. von Bongbong, an independent, was elected President under a banner of Conservagreen Party, narrowly defeating centrist Norbert Weltschmerz of the Alliance of Basement Builders (ABB).

A proud people of Paflagonia were just recently experiencing a societal breakdown over the great sausage blight.

The ruling Council of Peace and Development released this statement following takeover:

You must be logged in to read this quote.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2016, 03:14:48 PM »

Considering the game reset, could you explain how unemployment jumped from 4.9% to 9.8% in one month? That is definitely of concern.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2016, 03:16:36 PM »

Considering the game reset, could you explain how unemployment jumped from 4.9% to 9.8% in one month? That is definitely of concern.

I was looking at Enduro's last figures. If I read the wrong post, then I'll correct it.

If not, I can moderate it, but the whole reset might have contributed to temporary rise.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2016, 03:24:58 PM »

I was looking at Enduro's last figures. If I read the wrong post, then I'll correct it.

If not, I can moderate it, but the whole reset might have contributed to temporary rise.
Those numbers came before the reset, I believe. Since all laws are reset and we are basing everything off RL United States, I would assume we would adopt its unemployment rate as well, not continue with Atlasia's.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2016, 03:35:11 PM »

Those numbers came before the reset, I believe. Since all laws are reset and we are basing everything off RL United States, I would assume we would adopt its unemployment rate as well, not continue with Atlasia's.

I was under the impression that, per GM bill, I can't ignore developments from before the reset, although I honestly wouldn't mind starting over if allowed Tongue
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2016, 03:39:51 PM »

OK, I guess I have to make a call here, so I'll consider economic figures tabula rasa after the reset.

Nationwide: 4,9%

North: 4.5%
South: 4.9%
Fremont: 5.4%
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2016, 03:40:54 PM »

As during my previous term as GM: all requests/suggestions via PMs are more than welcome Smiley
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2016, 06:39:48 PM »

In fact, there is no "USS" designation at all. "USS" stands for the "United States Ship", a fictional nation created as an obscure internet game.
Brilliant.

Also, Tmth is correct: the reboot applies to the Game Moderator's office as well, so the context in which Atlasia existed prior to June 1, 2016 (including, but not limited to, all economic statistics and the state of foreign relations) is no longer considered to reflect the state of the union today. As I understand it, the world in which Atlasia exists is identical to the real world in all respects - until you get your fingers into it, of course. Wink
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2016, 05:35:25 AM »

In fact, there is no "USS" designation at all. "USS" stands for the "United States Ship", a fictional nation created as an obscure internet game.
Brilliant.

Also, Tmth is correct: the reboot applies to the Game Moderator's office as well, so the context in which Atlasia existed prior to June 1, 2016 (including, but not limited to, all economic statistics and the state of foreign relations) is no longer considered to reflect the state of the union today. As I understand it, the world in which Atlasia exists is identical to the real world in all respects - until you get your fingers into it, of course. Wink

Though I consider the language of the bill a bit conflicting, I'll more than gladly take a "reset" approach. It'll both make my job easier, as well as give me a space to do some real meddling xD
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2016, 05:48:50 AM »

Saudis React to SoS' Statement

The Saudi Ministry of Foreign Affairs delivered their response to the statement made recently by Secretary Truman. The Saudis stated there was no wrongdoing and that every sovereign country has a right to enforce it's laws. "Those coming to Saudi Arabia are required to obey the law," the spokesman for the Foreign Minister said. "It would be outrageous to give citizens of one country a special treatment over others."

Mr. Hooper body will not be returned to Atlasia. According to our sources inside Saudi Arabia, his remains were already buried.

Atlasian Citizens Stuck in Paflagonia

In a wake of military coup, it is estimated that approximately 30 Atlasian citizens are currently stuck in Paflagonia, due to borders being closed by the ruling junta.

Turkey Brings Back Death Penalty; Negotiations with the EU Canceled

The Turkish parliament passed an emergency act, reinstating death penalty for crimes against the state, despite opposition from the Republican People's Party and Kurdish Peoples' Democratic Party. The bill makes a retroactive provisions that will allow trying those involved in the failed coup.

Capital punishment in Turkey was abolished as one of preconditions for membership talks with the EU (last execution taking place in 1984 under military dictatorship of General Kenan Evren). In the light of speedy reintroduction, High Representative of the Union for Foreign Affairs and Security Policy Federica Mogherini, who recently called such a move a "dealbreaker", announced that negotiations will be canceled.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2016, 01:58:40 PM »

A little clarification: all nonpublic communication to non-playable countries (which is every country except Atlasia Tongue) must go through the GM.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2016, 02:03:36 PM »

BREAKING: Census Bureau of Atlasia Under Cyberattack

The Census Bureau of Atlasia database of confidential files had been compromised after unknown hacker (or hackers) broke into the system. The extend of damage is yet to be determined.

While the FBI offered no official comment, our source close to the Director's office indicated the possibility of a Russian-backed cyberattack is seriously considered.

More to follow.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2016, 05:53:22 AM »

Geographic location: Squeezed between Austria, Hungary and Slovakia
Area: 4,076 km2
Population: 487,153 (2014 census)
Capital city: Würstburg
Government: Semi-parliamentary Republic (former), military regime (current)
Status in Europe: Non a member of the European Union nor participant of the common market. Membership negotiations (which were still at early stage) canceled following the coup.

/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2016, 09:13:24 AM »

Geographic location: Squeezed between Austria, Hungary and Slovakia
Area: 4,076 km2
Population: 487,153 (2014 census)
Capital city: Würstburg
Government: Semi-parliamentary Republic (former), military regime (current)
Status in Europe: Non a member of the European Union nor participant of the common market. Membership negotiations (which were still at early stage) canceled following the coup.

I believe the correct past tense of "squeeze" is "squozen."
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2016, 12:31:09 AM »

Hey Kal, will you be doing budget analyses as part of your GMing?  If so, how will that work?

Okay, that's one thing I'd love to avoid. Completing the 2015 budget was bad enough for me. I'm a storyteller, not an economist Sad

I may, however, hire a deputy GM for some stuff like this if allowed.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2016, 12:37:23 AM »
« Edited: August 08, 2016, 12:40:20 AM by The Earl of Lemongrab »

Engleism Spreads Across Iowa

Across the state of Iowa, a new political-religious movement is gaining momentum, the Engleism or Johnengleism. The adherents of the movement recognizes the late colorful Atlasians John Engle as the eternal Governor of Iowa. They advocates abolition of elections and establishment of a limited government that would only be concerned with giving people food and words.  

Turkish Ultimatum

The Government of Turkey delivered an ultimatum, demanding the Republic of Atlasia immediate extradition of Fethullah Gülen, a preacher and political figure currently living on a self-imposed exile in Pennsylvania. Turkey alleges that Gülen was a driving force behind a failed coup attempt.

If Mr. Gülen is no extradited, Turkey announced an expulsion of all Atlasian military personnel from their soil.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2016, 12:45:26 AM »

So are Polish and French basically the same thing?
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2016, 04:18:20 AM »

Johnengleists Say "Enough"

A group of approximately 4,000 adherents of Johnengleism gathered in a compound located in rural Ida County, Iowa, to proclaim federal and regional governments illegal and the establishment of Johnengleist society.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2016, 05:17:43 PM »

Spelling Vigilantes Kills One, Injures Three

Members of the Spelling Minutemen Legion (SML) raided an apartment rented by four buddies in San Francisco, after one was caught writing "phun thyme" in a public Facebook post. He was shot to death, while his three friends injured, one critically.

This is the second attack prepeared by SML members this week.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2016, 05:20:45 PM »

Loving the updates as always Kal
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2016, 05:50:36 AM »

Atlasian Couple In Distress

The Atlasian diplomatic service was able to reach three of five uncontacted American citizens trapped in Paflagonia, which brings the number of Atlasians ready to be repatriated to 31. The new Paflagonian government promised to open the country air space for Atlasian aircraft, so the repatriation can proceed.

Unfortunately, a married couple of tourists, whose names are being currently whitheld from the public on family's request, were confirmed to have been abducted by a group named "Conservagreen Brigades". Little is known of that group, formed in response to the military takeover, but we surely know their flag:

There's no statement nor demands from the group at this hour.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2016, 10:28:26 PM »

Since I consider Game Moderatorship as a civil service post, rather than political one, I have re-registered a nonpartisan voter and I intend to remain one until my tenure is over.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies