breaking news? Manafort possibly quits, more campaign HQ resignations to follow
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 08, 2024, 12:03:31 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  breaking news? Manafort possibly quits, more campaign HQ resignations to follow
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: breaking news? Manafort possibly quits, more campaign HQ resignations to follow  (Read 3005 times)
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: August 02, 2016, 09:41:45 PM »

Over/under on the amount of time before Cory Lewandowski is back as Campaign Manager again.
He's getting better pay at CNN, I bet. If Trump wins, he'll be back on the Trump payroll in some form. But not for the rest of this cycle.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #51 on: August 02, 2016, 09:43:50 PM »

Over/under on the amount of time before Cory Lewandowski is back as Campaign Manager again.
He's getting better pay at CNN, I bet. If Trump wins, he'll be back on the Trump payroll in some form. But not for the rest of this cycle.

I mean, I'm sure he is, but Lewandowski is a thug at heart, and has wanted to be back in it even before he was signed to CNN. If its offered Campaign Manager again I believe he would drop CNN in a second.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #52 on: August 02, 2016, 09:48:27 PM »

I mean, I'm sure he is, but Lewandowski is a thug at heart, and has wanted to be back in it even before he was signed to CNN. If its offered Campaign Manager again I believe he would drop CNN in a second.
He also has a huge ego (I worked for AFP and knew some people who heard the stories about him) and I don't think he wants a loss on his hands, which is more likely than not after this latest shakeup.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #53 on: August 02, 2016, 09:59:03 PM »

I'm surprised Manafort ever took the job to begin with. Surely he realized he was jumping on a sinking ship...
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #54 on: August 02, 2016, 10:00:57 PM »

I'm surprised Manafort ever took the job to begin with. Surely he realized he was jumping on a sinking ship...

The Russians told him to.
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #55 on: August 02, 2016, 10:03:15 PM »

Glenn Beck was talking about the Russian connections with propping up far-right campaigns and the man behind the propping ups, Aleksandr Dugin, on his radio program yesterday. It was very fascinating information.
Fargobison

« Reply #56 on: August 02, 2016, 10:09:19 PM »

Unconfirmed? Where's Zoe Barnes when you need her?

Not only unconfirmed, but, of course this nonsense was refuted... So sorry.

From another NBC hack journalist that feels the need to editorialize instead of just stating facts.

Howard Fineman
‏@howardfineman
#PaulManafort just told me @JohnJHarwood report wrong -- that all is ok on the #Trump Train. From outside of course it looks like no rails.

https://twitter.com/howardfineman/status/760652198032310272

Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #57 on: August 02, 2016, 10:12:24 PM »

Glenn Beck was talking about the Russian connections with propping up far-right campaigns and the man behind the propping ups, Aleksandr Dugin, on his radio program yesterday. It was very fascinating information.

What'd Beck have to say about Dugin? I'm genuinely curious; I've only ever heard about Dugin from very liberal perspectives, so it'd be nice to know that someone like Beck is also able and willing to expound on how horrible he is.
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #58 on: August 02, 2016, 10:19:14 PM »

What'd Beck have to say about Dugin? I'm genuinely curious; I've only ever heard about Dugin from very liberal perspectives, so it'd be nice to know that someone like Beck is also able and willing to expound on how horrible he is.
https://soundcloud.com/glennbeck/beck-blitz-whos-aleksandr-dugin
Here's the audio
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #59 on: August 02, 2016, 10:19:46 PM »

Well Zhirinovosky is probably funded by the Kremline and used by Putin to bounce radical ideas around to see how the public reacts.
WVdemocrat
DimpledChad
United States

« Reply #60 on: August 02, 2016, 10:34:54 PM »

Bruh I'm dying...😂😂😂
Blue3
Starwatcher
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #61 on: August 02, 2016, 10:41:22 PM »
« Edited: August 02, 2016, 10:42:54 PM by Blue3 »

More like this:

Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #62 on: August 02, 2016, 11:15:37 PM »

Did that drunken nutjob faceplant into a bowl of cheetos after he connected Dugin to ACORN, the Muslim Brotherhood, CAIR, and the Ku Klux Klan?
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #63 on: August 02, 2016, 11:17:20 PM »

Did that drunken nutjob faceplant into a bowl of cheetos after he connected Dugin to ACORN, the Muslim Brotherhood, CAIR, and the Ku Klux Klan?
The fact that Glenn Beck looks sensible compared to Donald Trump is extremely concerning.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #64 on: August 02, 2016, 11:33:27 PM »

The fact that Glenn Beck looks sensible compared to Donald Trump is extremely concerning.
I still don't know about that. Donald Trump may be erratic, but he doesn't get hysterical at least. He'll make a bad decision and defend it in the face of reason, whereas Glen Beck literally tends to break down in tears and constantly is on edge. He went from calling Ron Paul supporters "terrorists" to literally flirting with supporting insurrection against tyranny as well. Say what you will about Trump, but Beck and Beck's brand of "constitutional conservatism" (neither constitutional nor conservative) is much worse for the GOP. As I mentioned earlier, Trump is turning back the tide against that brand.
Indy Texas 🇺🇦🇵🇸
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #65 on: August 02, 2016, 11:48:49 PM »

I still don't know about that. Donald Trump may be erratic, but he doesn't get hysterical at least. He'll make a bad decision and defend it in the face of reason, whereas Glen Beck literally tends to break down in tears and constantly is on edge. He went from calling Ron Paul supporters "terrorists" to literally flirting with supporting insurrection against tyranny as well. Say what you will about Trump, but Beck and Beck's brand of "constitutional conservatism" (neither constitutional nor conservative) is much worse for the GOP. As I mentioned earlier, Trump is turning back the tide against that brand.

Beck is a recovered alcoholic. Trump is a lifelong teetotaler.

Not necessarily significant. But interesting.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #66 on: August 02, 2016, 11:53:53 PM »

So, what you're saying is that Trump has no excuse for being unstable?
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #67 on: August 03, 2016, 12:03:38 AM »

Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #68 on: August 03, 2016, 04:59:02 AM »

So, what you're saying is that Trump has no excuse for being unstable?
I have worked as a substance abuse counselor, and still have an active credential to do so.  One day, I was on duty and in the dining area, I saw a young lady getting lunch.  She was a rather erratic individual, but was wearing a T-shirt that said "I Seem Normal".  That describes Glenn Beck to a "T".
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #69 on: August 03, 2016, 05:15:12 AM »

I really wish we could get a "Mitt" style Netflix documentary about the Trump campaign.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #70 on: August 03, 2016, 05:42:12 AM »

"Breaking news?" is a hilariously surreal disclaimer.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies