Trump responds to Khan parents DNC speech megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 02:11:03 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Trump responds to Khan parents DNC speech megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11
Author Topic: Trump responds to Khan parents DNC speech megathread  (Read 10618 times)
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: July 30, 2016, 08:24:54 PM »

Remember that Clinton ad demonstrating the damaging effect Trump's rhetoric is having on our children?  This is what it was talking about:

He's right, her husband probably told her she couldn't. I thought that when I saw her
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #101 on: July 30, 2016, 08:32:22 PM »

Remember that Clinton ad demonstrating the damaging effect Trump's rhetoric is having on our children?  This is what it was talking about:

He's right, her husband probably told her she couldn't. I thought that when I saw her

This is why I'm starting to doubt that Trump actually is a Democratic plant. He may just be a terrible person. It really just sad that this excuse for a person is seriously being considered for the presidency.
Fargobison

« Reply #102 on: July 30, 2016, 08:42:17 PM »

Has to a first time that a gold star family has ever had to issue a statement like this during a presidential election...

You must be logged in to read this quote.

https://twitter.com/marykbruce/status/759535011477483520
Admiral Kizaru
Political Matrix
E: -3.61, S: -3.83

« Reply #103 on: July 30, 2016, 09:00:56 PM »

I really hope the people who are indignant about the supposed lies surrounding Benghazi and the tragic  deaths from it are just as morally outraged about the lies that took us into Iraq and the thousands of deaths that ensued from that, not to mention the countless wounded and scarred.

I await the day when the GOP congress holds a similar Chilcot style inquiry to it and prosecutes that with the same ferocity they have with Benghazi. Something tells me I'll be waiting a long time.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #104 on: July 30, 2016, 09:03:17 PM »

Has to a first time that a gold star family has ever had to issue a statement like this during a presidential election...

Sorry, Mr. Khan, but you're full of crap.  When you take your Gold Star Family status into the partisan political arena, you cannot reasonably expect to be reacted to in a deferential and uncritical manner.  

The condition of Muslim women is a worldwide Human Rights issue.  This is neither a secret, nor poorly documented.  Trump gets under people's skins because he exposes hypocrisy after hypocrisy, and one hypocrisy this has exposed is the alliance between Sharia Law advocates and the Feminist Left within the Democratic Party.  The Feminist/Misoginyst alliance here is one of the ways the Democrats play "The Enemy of my Enemy is my Friend".  
Ogre Mage
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -5.22

P
« Reply #105 on: July 30, 2016, 09:04:25 PM »
« Edited: July 30, 2016, 09:16:12 PM by Ogre Mage »

Trump and his enablers are absolute c***s

God. Where is Babs Johnson and her kangaroo court when we need it?

Hence my quote.  

Donald Trump you stand convicted of a$$holism!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZSFddbJXPI
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #106 on: July 30, 2016, 09:05:05 PM »

I really hope the people who are indignant about the supposed lies surrounding Benghazi and the tragic  deaths from it are just as morally outraged about the lies that took us into Iraq and the thousands of deaths that ensued from that, not to mention the countless wounded and scarred.

I await the day when the GOP congress holds a similar Chilcot style inquiry to it and prosecutes that with the same ferocity they have with Benghazi. Something tells me I'll be waiting a long time.

Donald Trump is one such person.  One of the few to date that I have counted.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #107 on: July 30, 2016, 09:06:07 PM »

Sorry, Mr. Khan, but you're full of crap.  When you take your Gold Star Family status into the partisan political arena, you cannot reasonably expect to be reacted to in a deferential and uncritical manner.  

The condition of Muslim women is a worldwide Human Rights issue.  This is neither a secret, nor poorly documented.  Trump gets under people's skins because he exposes hypocrisy after hypocrisy, and one hypocrisy this has exposed is the alliance between Sharia Law advocates and the Feminist Left within the Democratic Party.  The Feminist/Misoginyst alliance here is one of the ways the Democrats play "The Enemy of my Enemy is my Friend".  

Oh, I see, you've gone off the cliff too.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #108 on: July 30, 2016, 09:07:49 PM »

The "police chief" analogy you are making is not an accurate one.
Trump has not referred to minorities in that manner.  Not once.
Trump's statements about illegal immigrants from Mexico are substantially correct.  Many of them ARE, in fact, criminals, and some are members of transnational gangs.  Trump's statements about ISIS refugees ARE, in fact correct; there are embedded terrorists in with the refugees, and our vetting process is woefully inadequate.  And jihadist terrorists have, indeed, made it to America to wreck havoc and destruction, and have done so, and folks are rightly concerned about it.

https://www.quora.com/Where-does-Barack-Obama-belong-on-the-James-David-Barber-scale-of-presidential-character-active-positive-active-negative-passive-positive-or-passive-negative

When I was in college, I read James David Barber's The Presidential Character, a book using the character of a President to predict what sort of President he/she would be.  Barber's book has, undoubtedly been subjected to a great deal of revision, as not only LBJ and Eisenhower, but Nixon and Harding, have been subjected to a degree of revisionism since the book was published, but the character of a man does give some insight into what sort of President a candidate will be.

Donald Trump is impulsive, shoots from the hip, and is reluctant to apologize.  Barber would probably view Trump as likely to be an Active President, but whether or not he'd be an Active-Positive, or a Passive-Negative President remains to be seen.  However, Hillary Clinton is more likely to be an Active-Negative President, seeing power as a means to self-realization.  That's been a theme of Hillary's entire adult life, and one of the things I've always not liked about her.  Trump, for all his faults, is already self-realized.  He may find the job boring, but he'll do less harm. 

Fuzzy,
We have already gone though this before ... I feel like I am beating a dead horse with this issue.
Remember .... the way trump worded his statement is that practically ALL OF THEM are rapists/criminals, etc.
Yes, some of them cause crime and some of them join/form gangs, but nothing to make a big thing about.  I'm sure some of them also run through red lights, and some of them even sit on the toilet (believe it or not), like you and me.
You know there are studies that show that immigrants produce less violent crime, than our very own citizens.

As I said, it's about "disgusting attacks from trump on 'groups' of people, AND on people directly (individually)."
- trump saying he saw "thousands and thousands" of Muslims celebrating after 911 (using "Muslims" to create fear and bigotry).
- trump attacking Megyn Kelly with ""blood coming out of her wherever."
- Judge Curiel not being able to do his job properly as a citizen born in the USA, because of his "Mexican Heritage."
- trump attacking other candidates' family members, like Cruz's dad who was somehow associated with the JFK assassination.
- trump attacking Cruz's family by comparing how his wife is more "superior in beauty" compared to Cruz's wife (with side by side images of both).
- trump's many years of disgusting verbal attacks on women, calling them "pigs, dogs, slobs" or saying extremely sexist statements related to "dropping to your knees," or "as long as you've got a young and beautiful piece of ass." etc, etc.
- His personal attack on Carly Fiorina (her looks) with ""Look at that face! Would anyone vote for that?"
- trump mocking a reporter by bending his wrists and jerking his arms around, in front of thousands of people, when mocking the physical disability of this man.
- trump disparaging words towards McCain and other vets, saying he likes vets more if they were not captured.

This list goes on, and on, and on ! Almost endless. It's a consistent problem and it will continue (don't think it won't). It is a main identifier of who Donald trump is today (and how he will forever be know as).
Would you describe these things as just a minor "persona" problem, or that trump is just a psychotic piece-of-filth (insert REALLY bad curse word here) ?
My "police chief" analogy was not meant to be taken as an exact example.
If you care to try to defend trump on each issue above, go for it. But my guess is that you will not endeavor to sound as foolish as our Atlas member Mr "Seriously," who feels trump is God and can do no wrong.
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« Reply #109 on: July 30, 2016, 09:25:33 PM »

It looks like this flap is another instance where Trump may be on his own. Paul Ryan and Mitch McConnell are distancing themselves from Trump.

Maybe on the Sunday shows some Trump surrogates will defend it. But this issue of Trump not having surrogates besides paid spokespeople back him up is a problem.
Fargobison

« Reply #110 on: July 30, 2016, 09:29:44 PM »

Kasich statement...Doubt he is getting any closer to lifting a finger for Trump in OH...

https://twitter.com/JohnKasich/status/759574122221432832
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #111 on: July 30, 2016, 09:33:04 PM »

It looks like this flap is another instance where Trump may be on his own. Paul Ryan and Mitch McConnell are distancing themselves from Trump.

Maybe on the Sunday shows some Trump surrogates will defend it. But this issue of Trump not having surrogates besides paid spokespeople back him up is a problem.

Between these two new events happening today, I just cant wait to see how hot-head responds.
He is going to blow-his-lid, and say even more ignorant bigoted comments .... shooting himself in the foot once again.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #112 on: July 30, 2016, 09:36:03 PM »

Kasich statement...Doubt he is getting any closer to lifting a finger for Trump in OH...

https://twitter.com/JohnKasich/status/759574122221432832

^ Correction ..... three (3) new items on this topic, that are going to cause hot-head to respond in his usual disgusting-fashion.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #113 on: July 30, 2016, 09:46:58 PM »

The "police chief" analogy you are making is not an accurate one.
Trump has not referred to minorities in that manner.  Not once.
Trump's statements about illegal immigrants from Mexico are substantially correct.  Many of them ARE, in fact, criminals, and some are members of transnational gangs.  Trump's statements about ISIS refugees ARE, in fact correct; there are embedded terrorists in with the refugees, and our vetting process is woefully inadequate.  And jihadist terrorists have, indeed, made it to America to wreck havoc and destruction, and have done so, and folks are rightly concerned about it.

https://www.quora.com/Where-does-Barack-Obama-belong-on-the-James-David-Barber-scale-of-presidential-character-active-positive-active-negative-passive-positive-or-passive-negative

When I was in college, I read James David Barber's The Presidential Character, a book using the character of a President to predict what sort of President he/she would be.  Barber's book has, undoubtedly been subjected to a great deal of revision, as not only LBJ and Eisenhower, but Nixon and Harding, have been subjected to a degree of revisionism since the book was published, but the character of a man does give some insight into what sort of President a candidate will be.

Donald Trump is impulsive, shoots from the hip, and is reluctant to apologize.  Barber would probably view Trump as likely to be an Active President, but whether or not he'd be an Active-Positive, or a Passive-Negative President remains to be seen.  However, Hillary Clinton is more likely to be an Active-Negative President, seeing power as a means to self-realization.  That's been a theme of Hillary's entire adult life, and one of the things I've always not liked about her.  Trump, for all his faults, is already self-realized.  He may find the job boring, but he'll do less harm. 

Fuzzy,
We have already gone though this before ... I feel like I am beating a dead horse with this issue.
Remember .... the way trump worded his statement is that practically ALL OF THEM are rapists/criminals, etc.
Yes, some of them cause crime and some of them join/form gangs, but nothing to make a big thing about.  I'm sure some of them also run through red lights, and some of them even sit on the toilet (believe it or not), like you and me.
You know there are studies that show that immigrants produce less violent crime, than our very own citizens.

As I said, it's about "disgusting attacks from trump on 'groups' of people, AND on people directly (individually)."
- trump saying he saw "thousands and thousands" of Muslims celebrating after 911 (using "Muslims" to create fear and bigotry).
- trump attacking Megyn Kelly with ""blood coming out of her wherever."
- Judge Curiel not being able to do his job properly as a citizen born in the USA, because of his "Mexican Heritage."
- trump attacking other candidates' family members, like Cruz's dad who was somehow associated with the JFK assassination.
- trump attacking Cruz's family by comparing how his wife is more "superior in beauty" compared to Cruz's wife (with side by side images of both).
- trump's many years of disgusting verbal attacks on women, calling them "pigs, dogs, slobs" or saying extremely sexist statements related to "dropping to your knees," or "as long as you've got a young and beautiful piece of ass." etc, etc.
- His personal attack on Carly Fiorina (her looks) with ""Look at that face! Would anyone vote for that?"
- trump mocking a reporter by bending his wrists and jerking his arms around, in front of thousands of people, when mocking the physical disability of this man.
- trump disparaging words towards McCain and other vets, saying he likes vets more if they were not captured.

This list goes on, and on, and on ! Almost endless. It's a consistent problem and it will continue (don't think it won't). It is a main identifier of who Donald trump is today (and how he will forever be know as).
Would you describe these things as just a minor "persona" problem, or that trump is just a psychotic piece-of-filth (insert REALLY bad curse word here) ?
My "police chief" analogy was not meant to be taken as an exact example.
If you care to try to defend trump on each issue above, go for it. But my guess is that you will not endeavor to sound as foolish as our Atlas member Mr "Seriously," who feels trump is God and can do no wrong.

Trump's not God, and he's not perfect, and I'll concede most of your points here.

I guess after soul-searching, I've become an "ends justify the means" guy just like others here.  Trump's rude and crude, but nowhere near as cruel and vicious as, say, the President of United Technologies, a company that had $6 BILLION in earnings, that they were moving their Indiana operations from Indianapolis to Monterrey, Mexico.  I guess $6 BILLION is chump change.  I guess that the scenarios of workers seeing their Social Contract trashed, their lives diminished, their futures shattered.  Yes, there's "retraining" offered, but for what?  Much "retraining" is for jobs that don't exist, or (at a minimum) don't exist in their area.  Skilled workers end up taking unskilled jobs and often take shorter-term retraining because they need a job NOW, and can't stay home with Mommy and Daddy while they go back to school.  

America's Displaced Workers have been screwed over by folks with outward civility and good manners.  The President of United Technologies was composed and polite as he endured the F-bombs of folks to whom he was informing that their lives were being ruined.  The President of United Technologies was calm and sounded reasonable as he expressed his belief that these workers would continue to maintain the quality they had always provided, assuring them that the move wasn't their fault.  He didn't say that $6 billion in earnings just doesn't cut it anymore; perhaps he just forgot to.

The President of United Technologies was able to relocate his firm in this manner because NAFTA made it possible.  NAFTA, a treaty that Bill Clinton did not take a position on in 1992, but supported it as soon as he was elected, was the poison enema for United Technologies, and for countless other American industries.  NAFTA and GATT are the crown jewels of Globalism, which we are told, over and over, is great for America, but it seems to suck out loud for the Working Class.

I am told that Donald Trump is obscene.  He may be, but is Trump a lesser obscenity than what has been done to the Working Class of America by Globalists?  I guess I really don't care about "civility" and "good manners".  Those things are talk, and talk is all BS.  The Working Class of America found this out the hard way.  And Hillary's a step down from Bill; she doesn't even offer sympathy for these folks.  She offers lectures and moral spankings, but has no real plans to reverse the effects of globalism on one working class community after another.

I guess this is my bottom line.  Lots of folks here despise common working people because they're not as enlightened as they are.  Let that be their bottom line.
Fargobison

« Reply #114 on: July 30, 2016, 09:57:11 PM »

Trump statement...

https://twitter.com/MattMackowiak/status/759580039515996161
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

« Reply #115 on: July 30, 2016, 10:02:44 PM »

I guess this is my bottom line.  Lots of folks here despise common working people because they're not as enlightened as they are.  Let that be their bottom line.

The contempt with which your candidate holds for common working people just because of their ancestry or religion is the real bottom line here.  Working class people aren't just people who look, think and sound like Trump.  They are also the people he loves to insult the most.
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #116 on: July 30, 2016, 10:05:03 PM »

Little too late for this horses[Inks].
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #117 on: July 30, 2016, 10:06:10 PM »

Mr. Khan has every right to say whatever.  He doesn't have a right to not be called on it.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #118 on: July 30, 2016, 10:08:50 PM »

The contempt with which your candidate holds for common working people just because of their ancestry or religion is the real bottom line here.  Working class people aren't just people who look, think and sound like Trump.  They are also the people he loves to insult the most.

The above quote is an assertion.  Not a fact.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

« Reply #119 on: July 30, 2016, 10:18:14 PM »

I guess this is my bottom line.  Lots of folks here despise common working people because they're not as enlightened as they are.  Let that be their bottom line.

The contempt with which your candidate holds for common working people just because of their ancestry or religion is the real bottom line here.  Working class people aren't just people who look, think and sound like Trump.  They are also the people he loves to insult the most.

The above quote is an assertion.  Not a fact.

It's certainly factual that there are ordinary working class people who are Muslim, women, immigrants, African American, of Mexican ancestry, disabled, etc.  In fact, I'd say it's a clear majority of common working people.  The question is whether or not you see Trump's actions as divisive, hateful, and disrespectful.  The people he targets know exactly what he's saying.  That's why they are so concerned.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #120 on: July 30, 2016, 10:25:59 PM »

As you know, there are literally 0 prominent Democrats who advocate Sharia Law.
Pessimistic Antineutrino
Pessimistic Antineutrino
United States

« Reply #121 on: July 30, 2016, 10:31:04 PM »

Every day I inch closer to Gary Johnson. Every day.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #122 on: July 30, 2016, 10:34:34 PM »

Trump's not God, and he's not perfect, and I'll concede most of your points here.

I guess after soul-searching, I've become an "ends justify the means" guy just like others here.  Trump's rude and crude, but nowhere near as cruel and vicious as, say, the President of United Technologies, a company that had $6 BILLION in earnings, that they were moving their Indiana operations from Indianapolis to Monterrey, Mexico.

You do know that "Trump" labeled merchandise that Trump companies sell, is predominately made in other countries, right ?
It seems that trump is OK with his own trump companies benefiting "more" by producing/manufacturing overseas, but it's just not OK for other companies to do so.
Trump companies can make "billions" (as you say) and give the middle-finger to manufacturing workers in the USA, but God forbid any one else do it.
The hypocrisy is amazing !
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #123 on: July 30, 2016, 10:37:17 PM »

Sorry, Mr. Khan, but you're full of crap.  When you take your Gold Star Family status into the partisan political arena, you cannot reasonably expect to be reacted to in a deferential and uncritical manner. 

The condition of Muslim women is a worldwide Human Rights issue.  This is neither a secret, nor poorly documented.  Trump gets under people's skins because he exposes hypocrisy after hypocrisy, and one hypocrisy this has exposed is the alliance between Sharia Law advocates and the Feminist Left within the Democratic Party.  The Feminist/Misoginyst alliance here is one of the ways the Democrats play "The Enemy of my Enemy is my Friend". 

As you know, there are literally 0 prominent Democrats who advocate Sharia Law.

Christie had a lot to say about Pre-Trumpists complaining about Sharia Law.

Christie is a bad man, but he every now and then had his moments.
Fargobison

« Reply #124 on: July 30, 2016, 11:21:32 PM »

Ghazala Khan on Trump's insinuations...

https://twitter.com/BurkeCNN/status/759587862417252353
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies