BLM national org.: making friends with cops is bad, only hold them accountable!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 05, 2024, 06:47:09 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: BLM national org.: making friends with cops is bad, only hold them accountable!  (Read 1975 times)
Blue3
Starwatcher
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 24, 2016, 11:57:33 AM »

http://www.kwch.com/content/news/National-Black-Lives-Matter-organization-says-it-does-not-support-First-Step-Barbecue-387989542.html

And this is why you fail, and why so many distrust you.
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2016, 12:03:55 PM »

This is the problem with BLM. They were formed for the right reason, by they've taken it way too far.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2016, 01:55:43 PM »

Once again, BLM finds itself on the wrong side of an issue, and then throws out incendiary rhetorical bombs. The sooner these radicals are shunned from the mainstream, the better.
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2016, 02:09:39 PM »

This is the problem with BLM. They were formed for the right reason, by they've taken it way too far.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2016, 04:08:06 PM »

They should spend more time in the middle of the road.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2016, 04:53:11 PM »

what's the problem with this, exactly…?
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2016, 04:55:43 PM »

Well, it only encourages anti-police sentiments if you're telling people to hold cops accountable for police shootings.
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2016, 04:57:24 PM »

Excellent news!
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2016, 05:12:53 PM »

Well, it only encourages anti-police sentiments if you're telling people to hold cops accountable for police shootings.
Huh Huh
generally i would think that holding groups accountable for their actions is more important than protecting their feelings…?
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2016, 05:15:11 PM »

Huh Huh
generally i would think that holding groups accountable for their actions is more important than protecting their feelings…?

Unignoring you for just one second.

False dichotomy much?
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2016, 05:36:16 PM »

Huh Huh

Unignoring you for just one second.

False dichotomy much?
no? that's pretty much literally what wellsey said
Taco Truck 🚚
Schadenfreude
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2016, 06:00:22 PM »

Neither the people in Kansas nor BLM said anything about "making friends".  And BLM never told those people not to go to the picnic.  Anyone is free to go to a picnic with cops if they want.  BLM said the event was not sanctioned by them.  Any group can pick which events they choose to officially sanction.

Also there is a strategy called killing people with kindness.  I think the strategy employed by the police in Kansas was a good one.  It defuses the situation and makes them look like the people who took the high road.  It is what I would have done if I was the police chief there.  It's a lot more effective then being an antagonistic ahole.  Now does that strategy address BLM's goals?  No, not necessarily.  It's totally fine for BLM to say they wish to pursue other strategies that will be more likely to achieve their goals.  Optics suck but that's how gamesmanship works.  And I'm sure there were tons of police officers who wanted to do the cookout not as a strategy but because they genuinely care about their community.

I mean if Hillary Clinton invited Trey Gowdy to a weenie roast I doubt he would go.
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2016, 06:14:44 PM »

Holding cops accountable for their actions is not a bad thing. Refusing to be friends with somebody just because they're a cop is very bad.
Taco Truck 🚚
Schadenfreude
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2016, 06:17:14 PM »

Holding cops accountable for their actions is not a bad thing. Refusing to be friends with somebody just because they're a cop is very bad.

The good thing is despite the false title no one said anything about not being friends with cops.  Read the article.
Blue3
Starwatcher
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2016, 09:46:24 PM »

The good thing is despite the false title no one said anything about not being friends with cops.  Read the article.
Yeah... they don't want BLM members to hold discussions with police on how things could be better, or go to trust-building BBQ's... only to "hold them accountable." And probably not for the good that they do.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2016, 10:26:59 PM »

You can have friendly relations with the police WHILE holding the bad elements accountable, no?
MK
Mike Keller
United States

« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2016, 04:19:29 AM »

Ku Klux Klan(1900-1960s) Terrorizing black communities and use of intimidation for southern democrats.

Black Lives Matter (2014- present)  Terrorizing crippled black communities and use of intimidation for voting purposes to benefit white liberal democrats. 

To understand the present you must remember the past.

JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2016, 04:23:35 AM »

Ku Klux Klan(1900-1960s) Terrorizing black communities and use of intimidation for southern democrats.

Black Lives Matter (2014- present)  Terrorizing crippled black communities and use of intimidation for voting purposes to benefit white liberal democrats. 

Can you try and atleat veil your racist rants.  Thanks from all of us.
MK
Mike Keller
United States

« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2016, 04:31:11 AM »

Can you try and atleat veil your racist rants.  Thanks from all of us.

How is that racist?   

But then again of course I will be labeled a racist after pointing out similarities between the two. Despite that fact that I'm actually AA.    Ok yeah, I'm racist against my own race and its great to know that a white man has to accuse me of that.   
Intell
Junior Chimp
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -1.24

« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2016, 04:36:11 AM »

Huh Huh

black people should be held accountable for crimes. muslims should be held accountable for terrorists. don't make friends with black people or muslims.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2016, 04:38:35 AM »

Huh Huh

black people should be held accountable for crimes. muslims should be held accountable for terrorists. don't make friends with black people or muslims.

what an excellent comparison from an excellent poster
Higgs

Political Matrix
E: 6.14, S: -4.17

« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2016, 02:22:30 PM »

Huh Huh

Why don't you actually refute it instead of trying to be witty? The point Intell makes is that a whole group shouldn't be held accountable for the actions of the few. Individuals should be held accountable, not entire groups. What's wrong with that line of thinking?
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2016, 02:25:30 PM »

Huh Huh

Why don't you actually refute it instead of trying to be witty? The point Intell makes is that a whole group shouldn't be held accountable for the actions of the few. Individuals should be held accountable, not entire groups. What's wrong with that line of thinking?
Personal responsibility is not a term the far-left is very fond of.
tallguy23
United States

« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2016, 02:33:40 PM »

President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2016, 02:40:14 PM »

Epic fail. Racism towards the law enforcement officers, of whom most are doing a good job; risk their lives every day. BLM discriminates/dennounces the entire police for a few bad apples. Bad!
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies