Describe this person's politics and possible voting record
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 06:47:39 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  Describe this person's politics and possible voting record
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Describe this person's politics and possible voting record  (Read 344 times)
kyc0705

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 23, 2016, 07:17:42 PM »
« edited: September 11, 2016, 12:35:28 AM by kyc0705 »

Race/Ethnicity: White
Marital Status: Engaged
Education level: Associate degree (AA)

This person was born and raised a religious and close-knit middle-class family in a rural community in San Bernardino County, Calif. He is a middle child, and initially homeschooled for the first few years of his life. When he is ten or eleven, his family moves to a suburban neighborhood in Glendale, Calif., where he and his siblings attend private Christian schools.

Throughout high school, this person develops an interest in music, especially indie/alt, and begins singing, playing guitar, and forming a band with friends. They split up after graduation, but he is still interested in his passion, and continues to play the local circuit whilst attending community college in Los Angeles. He also becomes (somewhat) less religious at this point, perhaps through less association with his family as a result of his relocation.

Unsure of what to do with his life, he obtains an associate of arts degree and spontaneously moves to Portland, Ore. at the age of 23. He continues to pursue music, and is now part of a modestly locally successful indie rock band, on top of working odd jobs to pay the rent. He becomes engaged at the age of 28, and as he gets older, becomes interested in the proposition of going back to school with the goal of opening a small business related to his interests.

What kind of political beliefs does this person have, and who would he vote for?

(Disclosure: this is a composite of about ten different people I know).
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2016, 11:00:20 PM »

Probably a Dudley 2010/Obama 2012/Third Party 2014 voter. The third party could feasibly be Chris Henry(Progressive), Jason Levin(Green), or Paul Grad(Libertarian).

I would guess him to be a Wyden 2010/Merkley 2014 voter. Besides that, he was probably a McGinn 2009/Steinbrueck 2013/Murray 2013 voter.
kyc0705

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2016, 11:20:14 PM »

Probably a Dudley 2010/Obama 2012/Third Party 2014 voter. The third party could feasibly be Chris Henry(Progressive), Jason Levin(Green), or Paul Grad(Libertarian).

I would guess him to be a Wyden 2010/Merkley 2014 voter. Besides that, he was probably a McGinn 2009/Steinbrueck 2013/Murray 2013 voter.

I'm not familiar with city-wide electoral politics in any case, so I googled the last three names you wrote and it turns out they were candidates for the Seattle mayoral post. But as an East Coaster, Seattle and Portland are basically the same thing to me so it's all right Smiley

Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies