Election 2020: The Game!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 17, 2024, 05:57:34 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Election 2020: The Game!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 31
Author Topic: Election 2020: The Game!  (Read 81661 times)
UWS
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #150 on: August 08, 2016, 02:09:27 PM »

Is that me or am I the only one waiting for posts and news? I find this game amusing and I'm worried about this game's future.
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« Reply #151 on: August 08, 2016, 02:14:23 PM »

Is that me or am I the only one waiting for posts and news? I find this game amusing and I'm worried about this game's future.
I'd like to continue, but if Ted doesn't have the time to, I respect that.
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #152 on: August 08, 2016, 02:16:26 PM »

I'd like to continue, but if Ted doesn't have the time to, I respect that.

Do you know anyone interested of taking over? If not, maybe we could look for someone interested to do so. What do you think of this?
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #153 on: August 08, 2016, 02:44:31 PM »

I'll do Hillary's response to Comey today if I can fit it in.
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #154 on: August 08, 2016, 03:08:24 PM »

Can somedbody from the outside take over the moderation, I mean someone who didn't ever play in this game nor didn't ever moderated this game? In that case, we would have to explain him the rules and the background.
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #155 on: August 08, 2016, 06:06:40 PM »

I'll do Hillary's response to Comey today if I can fit it in.

Very good idea! I hope it will relaunch this timeline because I'm worried about this game's future.
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #156 on: August 08, 2016, 06:08:22 PM »

If ya want me to lock the thread, let me know.
R/H
« Reply #157 on: August 08, 2016, 06:57:57 PM »
« Edited: August 08, 2016, 07:00:30 PM by R/H »

I heard that this game's moderator has less time than usual to moderate this game and that this timeline is declining. But can I take over the moderation of this game in order to relaunch this timeline?
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #158 on: August 08, 2016, 07:14:53 PM »

I heard that this game's moderator has less time than usual to moderate this game and that this timeline is declining. But can I take over the moderation of this game in order to relaunch this timeline?

I think you could ask LLR or Ted Bessell? I want this to continue, though we have received requests to participate in a different 2020 game.
R/H
« Reply #159 on: August 08, 2016, 07:23:16 PM »

I heard that this game's moderator has less time than usual to moderate this game and that this timeline is declining. But can I take over the moderation of this game in order to relaunch this timeline? If you accept, please explain me the rules and the background.
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« Reply #160 on: August 08, 2016, 07:28:51 PM »

I heard that this game's moderator has less time than usual to moderate this game and that this timeline is declining. But can I take over the moderation of this game in order to relaunch this timeline? If you accept, please explain me the rules and the background.

The rules are explained in the OP and throughout the thread, if you have any questions you can let me know.

If you have the time to moderate the game effectively, though, I'm more than happy to hand it off.
R/H
« Reply #161 on: August 08, 2016, 07:54:51 PM »

The rules are explained in the OP and throughout the thread, if you have any questions you can let me know.

If you have the time to moderate the game effectively, though, I'm more than happy to hand it off.

Perfect! I'm ready to take over the moderation. Can we make the announcement?
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« Reply #162 on: August 08, 2016, 08:08:06 PM »

Perfect! I'm ready to take over the moderation. Can we make the announcement?

Go right ahead Tongue
R/H
« Reply #163 on: August 08, 2016, 08:36:23 PM »
« Edited: August 08, 2016, 08:40:19 PM by R/H »

Hello guys! I'm taking over the moderation of the game. Here are the DKrol's rules

-Each round will cover one week IG
- Each round will last 72 hours, but if you ask me to extend the deadline for a round, let me know
- Each round will start with an updated poll summary and a list of the upcoming electoral contests
- Periodically, News events will be introduced to elicit responses from the players that will impact the race
- Players are encourage to post, for each round, a schedule for the week. It can be as in-depth as an hourly itinerary for the candidate, or it can be as general as a summary of the entire week
- Players should PM me, the Game Moderator, for endorsements. The PM should contain the name of the person you'd like to be endorsed by, the most recent office or position they've held, and a brief reason why they would endorse you (Ie: George H.W. Bush, former President, should endorse George W. Bush because he is his son.)
- Advertisements will be accepted, if you want to make them, but they're not 100% required
- All events have in this TL have occurred as they did in OTL
- Independent/Third Party candidates will be accepted, but be warned that they will have to work very hard to make a national impression

If you have suggestions of News events, PM me.

The debate schedule remains the same, though there might be more after the Iowa caucuses.

In the coming week that will be covered in this game, remember that there will be a Republican presidential debate featuring Marco Rubio, Paul Ryan, Joni Ernst, James Comey, Cory Gardner, John Kasich and Tom Cotton in Dallas on October 8, 2019. Here's the procedure for the debates : I will post the questions and you will have to post your responses to the questions. When it comes to the attacks from your opponents (that they will post as well), it will be the same procedure, which is you post your responses to the attacks. If you have suggestions of questions for the debates, please PM me.
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #164 on: August 08, 2016, 09:48:38 PM »

Good to know that this timeline is back up and running!

But you guys are still welcome to join the Parliamentary America game as well if you'd like to! Cheesy
R/H
« Reply #165 on: August 08, 2016, 10:12:33 PM »

By the way the the 4th round starts tomorrow with News events and endorsements. Then you can post your schedules before the beginning of Republican debate in Dallas.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #166 on: August 09, 2016, 03:48:08 AM »

I'm here to talk to you today, because I feel a responsibility to restore trust in our government, and in myself. Over the last few years, we have seen politicians use extreme, divisive and just plain unacceptable rhetoric for their own partisan purposes. This has eroded trust in our leadership and in our institutions. The final straw, in my view, is when Director Comey, to selfishly benefit his poll numbers, made the astonishing and totally false accusation that I broke the law with my handling of my private email server. Today, I am going to correct the record and hopefully begin a process where we can return to civility in our politics and civil discourse.
Director Comey alleged that he was forced to deny that I, somehow, broke the law with my handling of my private email server as Secretary of State. Let's be clear; had I the chance for a do-over, I would not do it again. But that does not mean, in any way, that I committed a crime. I made a mistake, in using a private email server as Secretary of State. That does not justify a witchhunt against me, or the kind of absurd allegations that have become routine. Just-stop and think for a second. It is now normal for the President of the United States to be called a criminal. Director Comey and the other Republican candidates, it's been calculated, they spend more time calling me a criminal than talking about policy. It is ridiculous.
If you look at the facts, there is no way I could be charged with any crime. The law says "“Whoever knowingly and willfully … [discloses] or uses in any manner prejudicial to the safety and interest of the United States [certain categories of classified information] … shall be fined … or imprisoned.” I did not knowingly remove information, and there is no proof of any kind that US security was endangered by my actions. You can go through the law-there is nothing in there that makes me guilty of a crime. And neither did I endanger US security. That idea is just fiction. Most of the emails were classified retroactively. The fact is, there is no legal justification for an indictment. It is a bunch of fictions, half-truths and outright lies.
And so when Director James Comey goes and says I am a criminal, and should have been indicted, it is false. You can ask anybody at the FBI who was involved in the investigation and isn't running for President. I think that's a lot of people! Now you might be thinking Hang on, isn't Comey telling the truth? He isn't a politician? He sounds like he knows what he's talking about. I can trust him. No, no, no, and ... no.  Comey is running for President. He is now a politician. He has to get votes, I understand, he wants to be President. So do I. And so he needs to pander to people's fears, to delusions, paranoid delusions that Republicans have been stoking for decades. It's the same old tricks, and it has never worked. And so he goes and he tries to get votes. That's fine. What I am not fine is his false attacks on my integrity, on my character. You know you are lying, Director! It is time for Comey and the Republicans to stop peddling falsehoods and delusions, and start having an honest debate on policy, on the direction of this country.
And I think this is about more than me, more than me and Director Comey, more than me and my email server. It is an issue of trust. Trust in our government, trust in our institutions, in our leadership, and in our President. When we resort to calling our President a criminal, and when we try to delegitimise our opposition, all it does is divide us. It reduces the trust of Americans in their government. It weakens us as a nation. Abraham Lincoln once said "A house divided cannot stand." And some politicians today seem intent on dividing that house, because they are irresponsibly gambling that they can gain votes that way, pander to the base, so to speak. But they are ultimately sowing the seeds of their own destruction. The rhetoric that I should be put in jail, that there is a 'Clinton body count', that I murdered Vince Foster and hate America. It is corrosive. We are seeing at every little the degradation of public discourse, and therefore the degradation of our political system and of the faith the American people have in their government. This has to stop. Let's have a debate. Who offers the best policies for growing our economy? Who offers the best policies for combating terrorism? Who has the best policies on healthcare? I could go on(laughs). Let's debate the issues, let's have a civil debate, and restore the faith of the American people. The longer we distract ourselves with these lies and nonsense, the longer we continue to hurt ourselves. So America, let's have a debate. Let's decide the direction of this country. We should make this election about you, not me and my opponent. So, let's go and set the record right, and set our politics right. Thank you, thank you...
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #167 on: August 09, 2016, 04:31:05 AM »

Hello guys! I'm taking over the moderation of the game. Here are the DKrol's rules

-Each round will cover one week IG
- Each round will last 72 hours, but if you ask me to extend the deadline for a round, let me know
- Each round will start with an updated poll summary and a list of the upcoming electoral contests
- Periodically, News events will be introduced to elicit responses from the players that will impact the race
- Players are encourage to post, for each round, a schedule for the week. It can be as in-depth as an hourly itinerary for the candidate, or it can be as general as a summary of the entire week
- Players should PM me, the Game Moderator, for endorsements. The PM should contain the name of the person you'd like to be endorsed by, the most recent office or position they've held, and a brief reason why they would endorse you (Ie: George H.W. Bush, former President, should endorse George W. Bush because he is his son.)
- Advertisements will be accepted, if you want to make them, but they're not 100% required
- All events have in this TL have occurred as they did in OTL
- Independent/Third Party candidates will be accepted, but be warned that they will have to work very hard to make a national impression

If you have suggestions of News events, PM me.

The debate schedule remains the same, though there might be more after the Iowa caucuses.

In the coming week that will be covered in this game, remember that there will be a Republican presidential debate featuring Marco Rubio, Paul Ryan, Joni Ernst, James Comey, Cory Gardner, John Kasich and Tom Cotton in Dallas on October 8, 2019. Here's the procedure for the debates : I will post the questions and you will have to post your responses to the questions. When it comes to the attacks from your opponents (that they will post as well), it will be the same procedure, which is you post your responses to the attacks. If you have suggestions of questions for the debates, please PM me.

Can I join as independent Angus King?
R/H
« Reply #168 on: August 09, 2016, 06:08:09 AM »
« Edited: August 09, 2016, 10:34:53 AM by R/H »

BREAKING NEWS

Terrorist attack by ISIS in Rome

Three Libyan jihadists who pledged allegiance to ISIS have commited a terrorist attack at the Sapienza University of Rome, killing approximately 28 people and injured 40 people before being surrounded and killed by the police. These events triggered strong feeling of solidarity feelings the world and many solidarity campaigns are adopting the slogan « We are Rome! ». This terrorist attack sounds likely to intensify the fight against terrorism.

Rise of the unemployment rate

The actual economic troubles seem to show their effect on the worldwide economy. In the United States, the unemployment rate raised to 7,7 % due to the loss of 350 000 jobs in the last month.

Hostage-taking by Hezbollah at the Karachi Nuclear Power Complex

Karachi, the capital of Pakistan, became the scene of a violent hostage-taking by ten Hezbollah fighters. They held the employers of the Karachi Nuclear Power Complex the employers hostage. They apparently wanted their hostages to deliver them the secrets and techniques of Pakistani's nuclear weapons manufacturing. Fortunately, the Pakistani police and army arrived, surrounded the Karachi Nuclear Power Complex and launched an assault in which four hostages, three policemen, two soldiers and all the ten jihadists were killed. One policeman and two soldiers are injured and all the other hostages were saved. Some people are suspecting that this event is relied to Iran's nuclear program.

Endorsements

Marco Rubio Sad New Hampshire Governor Chris Sununu, Former Florida Governor Jeb Bush
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #169 on: August 10, 2016, 02:07:56 PM »
« Edited: August 10, 2016, 02:12:02 PM by UWS »

Marco Rubio : Week of Oct. 6, 2019-Oct. 12, 2019, Part 1

October 6th, 2019
-Fundraising breakfast at the Hilton Americas-Houston in Houston, TX
-Meet with the voters at the Houston Hispanic Forum Houston, Texas
-Economic policy speech in front of the Halliburton Company headquarters in Houston, TX
-Fundraising event at the Brown Shipbuilding Company in Houston, TX
-Dinner with the voters at the Russo's New York Pizzeria in Houston, TX
-Speech at the George Bush Presidential Library and Museum in College Station, Texas :

Thank you for your warm welcome at the George Bush Presidential Library and Museum founded as a tribute to the 41st President of the United States George H. W. Bush!
I am proud of George H. W. Bush's military service to his country during World War II in which he flew 58 combat missions as a pilot. I am proud of George H. W. Bush's contribution to our economic progress as the founder and the CEO of oil companies like the Zapata Petroleum Corporation (now named HRG Group, Inc.), prosperous companies that created jobs and are working hard to allow our country to clinch energy independence by encouraging the exploration and exploitation of our own oil resources. This contribution from the Bush family continued with George W. Bush's business career as the founder CEO of Arbusto Energy. And even though I don't agree with him on everything, I am proud of George H. W. Bush's political service to our country as a Congressman, as a diplomat, as Director of the CIA, as Vice-President of the United States under Ronald Reagan and as President of the United States at the glorious time of the Reagan Revolution. I'm proud to have grown up at the time of the Reagan Revolution.

Before Ronald Reagan and George H. W. Bush were elected to the White House in 1980, the world was living a catastrophic situation in which the Second Oil Crisis hurt the worldwide economy and made us more dependent of foreign oil and in which an increase of inflation, a big government taxing the American people too much, regulating too much and spending too much made the economic situation worse and killed many American jobs. At the time, the USSR was challenging us on the international stage by supporting communist movements all around the world, increasing its nuclear arsenal and by invading Afghanistan. Many of our fellow citizens were held hostages in Iran. But under Ronald Reagan and George H. W. Bush's eight years at the White House, America shined again thanks to Reaganomics that reduced unemployment rate by created nearly 20 million jobs through tax cuts, reducing regulations and spending, reinforcing the American people's purchasing power, lifting petroleum price and allocation controls, championing our businesses, signing free-trade agreements and balancing the budget. President Reagan increased defense spending, which helped us to win the Cold War by developing our military arsenal and by vanquishing the communist threat, especially in Grenada, Afghanistan. Only after Reagan's second term and during the first year of George H. W. Bush's presidency, the Berlin Wall, which contributed to the end of the Cold War in which we and our allies were victorious, thus ensuring the survival of freedom, democracy, capitalism and free market. As president, George H. W. Bush defended Kuwait's territorial integrity by launching a military intervention there against Saddam Hussein's Iraq during the Gulf War and signed the North American Free Trade Agreement that reduced our tariffs, allowed our companies expand, innovate, export and create jobs. Because Bill Clinton missed his chance of killing Osama Bin Laden, the World Trade Center came down on 9/11. But after 9/11, George W. Bush kept us safe by intervening militarily in Afghanistan and Iraq, thus weakening Al Qaida, toppling Saddam Hussein and reinforcing stability and freedom in these two countries. And it is thanks to the War on Terror launched by George W. Bush that Osama Bin Laden is killed, even though it's not under his watch as President.

Ladies and Gentlemen, there is no doubt about it : we are now experiencing a world of economic decline in which taxes and regulations are too high, thus weakening the American people's purchasing power and leading to American companies' offshoring. We are suffering a remarkable increase of the national debt, job losses, increasing unemployment rate and an increasing dependency on foreign oil. We're living in a dangerous world of increasing geopolitical threat because of President Clinton's weak leadership and lack of judgment. ISIS and Al Qaida are still on the run, are killing innocent people around the world and are threatening our values : liberty, democracy, justice and integrity. Vladimir Putin is trying to position Russia as a geopolitical force by invading Ukraine, like he did to Georgia, through supporting, training and arming the pro-Russian insurgency in Ukraine. For economic interests, Putin's Russia intervened militarily in Syria to help the Assad regime to vanquish the Syrian rebellion. If we don't take action, if we give Syria to Russia, Syria will be under permanent chaos : Assad still in power and oppressing it's people, Russia keeps it's tyrannical influence in Syria and this country becomes a permanent terrorist heaven. Iran keeps developing its nuclear program for military purposes. The Iranian government keeps supporting terrorism and is threatening our allies in the Middle East, notably Israel, Turkey and Saudi Arabia. Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton allowed Iran to pursue its quest of getting nuclear weapons and supporting terrorism by giving a ransom to Iran and lifting sanctions against Tehran, thus allowing the Iranian government to obtain capital gains that will surely be used to build more nuclear weapons and to finance terrorist groups. North Korea is threatening our allies on the Pacific through military exercises and its nuclear arsenal.
We are living a similar situation than before Ronald Reagan and George Bush were elected President of the United States and Vice-President of the United States respectively in 1980.
We need to cut taxes, spending and regulations, encourage oil drilling to help us clinching energy independence, to promote free trade, to champion big, medium and small business and to balance the budget. We've got to increase defense spending if we want to defeat enemies. By giving a material assistance and military training to the Syrian rebellion (which will be beneficial for their cause and our economy through the purchase of those weapons by the rebels) and intervening militarily in Syria, we and our allies will not only free this country from Assad and restore democracy there, but also eradicate ISIS by bombarding them on its turf thanks to our powerful military arsenal and we will find and eliminate Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi as well as eliminating ISIS around the world. By restoring sanctions against Iran and promoting intergovernmental military alliances with Iran's neighbors, we will increase pressure on Iran and force Tehran to end its nuclear program's military nature and stop supporting terrorism. Thanks to such an alliance, we will also be able to finally eradicate Al Qaida and force the Taliban to surrender and to make sure that Pakistani nuclear weapons will not fall into terrorists' hands. By converging into a military alliance, we and our allies in the Pacific will stop any war with North Korea from happening thanks to an increased military presence on the Pacific. If we increase sanctions against Moscow, train and arm the Ukrainian armed forces reinforce our military presence in Eastern Europe, especially on the Black Sea, we will defeat the pro-Russian rebellion and stop the Russian agression, thus saving Ukraine's territorial integrity, freedom and prosperity by giving its resources back to the Ukrainian people.

I take the pledge of following this agenda as President of the United States of America. Thank you and God bless America.

-Energy policy speech in favor of the Keystone XL pipeline at Spindletop in Beaumont, Texas
-Flight to San Antonio, Texas      
-Debate preparation
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #170 on: August 10, 2016, 02:20:43 PM »
« Edited: October 14, 2016, 05:44:56 AM by UWS »

Marco Rubio : Week of Oct. 6, 2019-Oct. 12, 2019, Part 2
October 7th, 2019
-Breakfast with the voters at Cafe Ole in San Antonio, TX
-Debate preparation
-Speech at the San Antonio Hispanic Chamber of Commerce about the importance of creating economic opportunities for the Hispanic community - San Antonio, Texas :

The Clinton Administration has been ineffective when it comes to create jobs for the American people, including Hispanics. We need to give Hispanics the opportunity to learn English while maintaining their language and cultural heritage in order to open up economic opportunities for them, because I believe we should not close these opportunities for any of our fellow citizens because their first language is another one than English. School choice will give positive results to Hispanics : lower education costs for families, including immigrant families living paycheck to paycheck, production of higher outcomes, in contrast to public education. It allow parents guide their children out of poorly-performing schools assigned by zip code and grant them better education elsewhere. It will expand opportunities for low-income students—notably minorities—to attend high-quality schools that would otherwise be accessible only to high-income families, thus giving them a fair chance of success and an easier path to the workforce. By promoting free trade with Latin America, we will give our businesses, including Hispanic small businesses in the United States thanks to language opportunities and their fluency in Spanish and English, new opportunities to innovate, to increase their competitiveness, to get new consumers by giving them access to American products, to create jobs in our country and ensure their business' expansion here and around the world. Thanks to their bilingualism, Hispanics will be dominant among the importers, exporters, translators and executives who ensure such a cultural and commercial exchange. And like I said, our innovation and competition capacity comes from our open markets as well as our constant quest for new markets.

Thanks to my pro-growth agenda to open economic opportunities for Hispanics and create jobs for them, this large community will earn the same opportunities as any other American, because America is the land where todo es posible. Thank you, may God bless the Hispanic community and God bless the United States of America.

-Meet with the voters and the donors at the University of Texas at San Antonio, Texas
-Dinner with the voters at the Tacos and Tequila in San Antonio, Texas
-Fundraising event at the Federation of Hispanic Republicans in Austin, Texas
-Flight to Garland (preparing for the debate on the plane), Texas
-Foreign policy speech at Curtis Culwell Center, Garland, Texas :

Four years ago, Garland became the first place in the American soil that was hit by a terrorist attacked inspired by ISIS. Since then, terrorist attacks committed or inspired by ISIS intensified on our soil, especially in San Bernardino and Orlando, because of Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton's weakness on fighting terrorism. In Hillary Clinton's mind, how many innocent people killed around the world does it take to take a real and strong action against jihadism? We need to reinforce our homeland security to stop this kind of tragedy from happening again. ISIS will strike again on our soil unless we increase military spending, fight ISIS in Syria and Iraq through military force and destroy it's sources of supplies. Unlike Hillary Clinton, I will, as President of the United States, fight for liberty, security and integrity.

-Interview on Face the Nation in which Senator Marco Rubio was asked about James Comey's recent comments on prosecuting Hillary Clinton :

Well first of all, I'm glad that the American people is finally going to find out the truth about the email scandal. There's no question about it : the Clintons can't be proud of their record on national security, they don't even care about it. On 9/11, the Twin Towers were destroyed because Bill Clinton missed the opportunity to kill Osama Bin Laden when he had the chance to do so. Under Hillary Clinton's watch as Secretary of State and as President, we were attacked by radical Islamic terrorists in Benghazi, Garland, San Bernardino, Orlando and abroad. It demonstrates weakness in her leadership on issues such as foreign policy and national security. By using her family's private email server for official communications instead of official State Department email accounts maintained on federal servers, she broke the law and put lives in danger. That's why too many Americans are dead today and that's why Hillary Clinton does not deserve a second term.
When it comes to James Comey, I am proud of his service to our national security as director of the FBI. But recently, he's lecturing me and my other colleagues in the field when it comes to condemning Hillary Clinton's record of lies, injustice and weakness. He pretends to have been the only Republican among the GOP presidential field to have prosecuted Clinton's insanity. That's completely wrong. I am the only one in this field that was among the few Senators (alongside, especially, Ron Johnson, John McCain and Rand Paul) who engaged Hillary Clinton at a Senate hearing on the Benghazi attack. I fought Hillary Clinton's corruption, I always had the courage to do so and I will keep doing so because as President of the United States, I will fight for America like I always did. James Comey lectured us about choosing between the American people or Hillary Clinton. I have always chosen the American people and I will keep doing so because I am a patriot. And that's exactly why I'm running for President! I want to bring justice, integrity and security back in America. I have no lessons to learn from James Comey, a man who gave up his responsibility, corrupted the integrity of American justice and allowed Hillary Clinton to win the presidency in 2016 and to give us four more years of corruption, economic decline, weak foreign policy and national security and growing terrorist threat by deciding not to indict Hillary Clinton while he knew very well that Clinton is guilty of her record of weakness, dishonesty and injustice and that a majority of Americans opposed the FBI's decision not to prosecute Clinton even the day after the conclusion of the investigation three years ago.

-Debate preparation
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #171 on: August 10, 2016, 02:22:32 PM »
« Edited: August 10, 2016, 02:27:32 PM by UWS »

Marco Rubio : Week of Oct. 6, 2019-Oct. 12, 2019, Part 3

October 8th, 2019

-Marco Rubio's campaign broadcasts an advertisement about the Florida Senator's accomplishments and agenda. This ad is airing in Iowa, New Hampshire, South Carolina, Nevada, Tennessee, the Washington state and Arizona :

Marco Rubio is a man of honor and integrity who devoted his life and energy to Florida and America, serving in the Florida House of Representatives and in the United States Senate. We need a person with great political experience. In the Senate, he has worked in the Committee on Commerce, Science and Transportation; Foreign Relations; Select Committee on Intelligence and Small Business and Entrepreneurship Committees.
In the Florida House of Representatives, he introduced a book called “100 Innovative Ideas For Florida’s Future” and 24 of those ideas became law. In the Senate, Marco Rubio supported military intervention in Libya that contributed to Gaddafi's fall and to democratic transition in Libya in 2011. He successfully co-sponsored the 2014 VA reform law by introducing a measure empowering the VA secretary to hold managers accountable for incompetence, negligence and corruption and to care more about veterans than bureaucrats because it's another way to reward our veterans for their military service and their sacrifices for America. Rubio successfully pushed Venezuela human rights sanctions into law in order to condemn the tyrannical Venezuelan regime led by Nicolas Maduro and promote freedom in this country. In 2015, Rubio's Girls Count Act was signed ito law, conditioning U.S. foreign assistance on the establishment of birth registries to properly document childbirth and prevent kids' exploitation, trafficking or exclusion from society. Rubio's efforts in the Senate to defund Obamacare saved taxpayers $2.5 billion that would have otherwise bailed out health insurance companies under ObamaCare. He authored legislation that became law which sanctions the terrorist group Hezbollah and, by extension, Iran for supporting terrorism, thus showing leadership when it comes to standing with America's allies, especially Israel. In 2016, Rubio authored legislation that became law to promote greater transparency and combat waste and abuse involving taxpayer dollars dedicated to U.S. foreign aid.
As President of the United States of America, Marco Rubio, a son of immigrants, will restore the American Dream. He will repeal Obamacare to save Medicare, balance the budget, abolish regulations, cut government spending, cut taxes for all Americans and business owners to strengthen the American people's purchasing power and to make sure our businesses will increase their ability to innovate, hire and create jobs, improve our education system to create opportunities for every children, give us energy independence through oil production and drilling and then the promotion of the development of renewable energies a promote free trade to make our country competitive and grow our economy by innovating, finding new consumers around the world and reducing tariffs barriers. The Rubio administration will stand with our allies and against our enemies by increasing military spending in order to make sure that we will be able to defeat any threat. Under Marco Rubio's watch as President, we and our allies will form a great international military coalition and intervene in Syria and Iraq to eliminate ISIS. In order to stop Iran from getting nuclear weapons, President Rubio will restore sanctions against Iran and build a regional military alliance in order to increase pressure on Tehran and destroy any missile thrown against us and our allies. To put an end at the Russian agression in the Eastern Europe, Marco Rubio will reinforce military presence in this region to ensure security and Ukraine, train and arm the Ukrainian army, vanquish the pro-Russian rebellion and free Ukraine from Russia's tyranny. President Rubio will ensure South China Sea's territorial integrity by reinforcing our navy's presence there, multiply military exercises in the region with our allies to make sure they will be ready and able to stop China's agression and, if they have to, defeat the Chinese navy. He will show his courage to take action against North Korea by putting Pyongyang back on the list of states supporting terrorism and build a great and powerful intergovernmental military alliance organization with our allies around the Pacific to deter North Korea from making nuclear tests or attacks and attacking it's neighbors, to avoid any war with North Korea and to ensure peace, stability, security and freedom on the Pacific.
Choose a path to justice, integrity, fairness, freedom, national unity, economic prosperity, strength and security. Vote for Marco Rubio!

I'm Marco Rubio and I approve this message.

-Fundraising breakfast at the Ritz-Carlton Dallas hotel in Dallas, Texas
-Debate preparation
-Visits Little Mexico in Dallas, Texas
-Speech in front of voters and donors at the Dealey Plaza in Dallas, Texas :

Fifty-six years ago, President John F. Kennedy was assassinated here at the Dealey Plaza. During his inauguration speech, on January 20th 1961, he called on the American people to ask itself an important question. He told the American people : « Ask not what your country can do for you; ask what you can do for your country. » That's a very good question. Today, the answer about what we can do for our country is to make one of the most important choices in our lifetime. Like Ronald Reagan would have said, as he did in 1964, it's a time for choosing. We have to chose between four more years of corruption, lies, weakness, disappointment, growing terrorist threat, big government and economic decline with Hillary Clinton or a great change in Washington by choosing a path to integrity, justice, law and order, freedom and prosperity. The former choice is unacceptable. The latter choice requires the election of a Republican at the White House.
I am the best qualified to take on Hillary Clinton and beat her on election day. I got endorsements from both the Tea Party and the establishment, so I will be able to bring our party together, thus leading us to victory in the general election. I will be able to bring our party together appeal new voters in our party, such as Hispanics and young people, because unlike Hillary Clinton I understand their problems and concerns since I am one of them and want to restore the American Dream that I know very well for having lived it. In the Senate, I chaired the Foreign Relations Subcommittee on Western Hemisphere, Transnational Crime, Civilian Security, Democracy, Human Rights and Global Women's Issues and I am a member of the Committee on Commerce, Science and Transportation, the Committee on Foreign Relations and the Select Committee on Intelligence. I will use my foreign policy experience against Hillary Clinton to show the American people that I will demonstrate better responsibility, better judgement and stronger action (through military force and standing with our allies) on foreign policy than Hillary Clinton who can't dispel her record of insecurity that caused the death of many of our fellow Americans. I am a member of the Committee on Small Business and Entrepreneurship and I'm offering the American people a path to job creation and prosperity through cutting taxes, keeping the government out of the American people's way, encouraging energy independence through oil production and drilling and then alternative energy production, promoting free trade, giving a chance of education success for all the American people by promoting school choice, balancing the budget and championing small, medium and big business. In the last twelve years, we lost most of the jobs that ensured our middle class' sustenance. So we need to nominate someone who understands the middle class' concerns. Hillary Clinton can't lecture about living paycheck to paycheck because I was raised paycheck to paycheck. She can't lecture me about student loans because I owed over 100 000 $ eight years ago. If I'm the Republican nominee, we will be the party of the future, a party that will keep promoting integrity, freedom, justice, law and order, economic prosperity, strong national and international security. If I'm our nominee, we WILL beat Hillary Clinton by appealing Hispanic voters, young voters, minority voters, conservatives as well as independents and liberals who are disappointed with Hillary Clinton's leadership thanks to an optimistic agenda like the one that I'm promoting. That's the choice we have to make if we don't want four more years of Hillary Clinton.
That's the answer that we are now giving to John F. Kennedy about what we can do for our country and that's the answer we are now giving to Ronald Reagan about the choice we make in this crucial time for choosing. Thank you, may God bless you and God bless the United States of America.

-Spends all the after-noon for debate preparation
-Debate alongside all other Republican presidential contenders in Dallas, Texas
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #172 on: August 10, 2016, 02:28:45 PM »

Marco Rubio : Week of Oct. 6, 2019-Oct. 12, 2019, Part 4

October 9th, 2019
-Flight to Spartanburg, South Carolina
-Economic policy speech at the BMW manufacturing facility in Spartanburg, South Carolina :

South Carolina is one of the most prosperous states in our country. Industrial production is South Carolina's most vital economic activity, particularly the automotive industry. The Palmetto State is among the states with the lowest tax rates on businesses, the most competitive wages for workers and the weakest unionization in America, which classified South Carolina among the states creating the most favourable environment for businesses in the United States, which helped this right-to-work state to attract some large companies like BMW and brought positive effects on South Carolina's economy. During the recession in the late 2000s, South Carolina's unemployment rate peaked at 12 % at the end of 2009. But as the 21st century progressed, including during the time Nikki Haley was Governor of South Carolina, the Palmetto State managed to attract new companies by reducing corporate income tax rate to 5 %, by abolishing state property tax, local income tax, inventory tax, sales tax on manufacturing equipment, wholesale tax and unitary tax on worldwide profits and by having industrial power or materials for finished products, which boosted job creation and innovation in South Carolina. As Governor of South Carolina, Nikki Haley, a great job creator in the private sector (she worked in her mother's clothing business, Exotica International, was named to the board of directors of the Orangeburg County Chamber of Commerce and of the Lexington Chamber of Commerce, became treasurer of the National Association of Women Business Owners before becoming president of the South Carolina Chapter of the National Association of Women Business Owners) and in political life as well, cut taxes, opposed regulations and successfully invited business to move to South Carolina by considerably lowering the cost of doing business in the Palmetto State, which created over 80 000 new jobs in South Carolina during the eight years of Haley's leadership as Governor and reduced the local unemployment rate from 12 % in 2009 to below 5 % before the actual economic downturn caused by President Clinton's policies, which include protectionism, high taxes and regulations and greater dependency on foreign oil and killed many good-paying jobs and increased the national debt. We need to embrace energy independence to make us able to produce our own energies and free trade to make us competitive in the world economy, reform our education system, balance the budget, and champion business. If Governor Haley's economic policies worked in South Carolina, it can work for ALL the country as well. So if I'm the next President of the United States, one of the elements of my economic agenda will be to cut taxes for all the American people and for business owners, to eliminate regulations and to lower the cost of doing business in the United States, which will attract companies to move to the United States. It will also help our future entrepreneurs to open new businesses in America, to innovate, to create jobs and to ensure America's prosperity.
Thank you God bless our entrepreneurs, God bless our workers and God bless America.

-Agriculture and economic speech at the Milliken & Company headquarters in Spartanburg reiterating Rubio's promise to cut taxes for tractor and seed businesses to help them to innovate, to create jobs and to increase agricultural tractor manufacturing and seed production, thus helping Americans to accomplish their agricultural activities and ensure their sustenance, lowering their dependence on food stamps through the reduction of inflation.
-Barnstorming in Blacksburg, South Carolina
-Dinner with the voters at the Rock Hill Galleria
-Education policy speech at the Winthrop University in Rock Hill, SC
-Interview on CBS Evening News in which Marco Rubio was asked about whether he would vote in favor of an impeachment of Hillary Clinton if the Congress were to initiate such a procedure :

It's not acceptable that Hillary Clinton violates the law and puts our national security in danger by using her family's private email server for official communications rather than an official State Department email accounts on federal servers. It's not acceptable that Hillary Clinton hides the truth from the American people by deleting over 30 000 of her emails to make sure the authorities can’t discover her crime and violations, thus getting away with it. It's not acceptable that America's geopolitical foes like Russia hacked the Democratic National Committee's computer system because of Hillary Clinton's lack of judgement in handling our classified secrets, thus undermining our national security and putting our lives in danger. So if the Congress were to initiate a procedure to impeach President Clinton, I will vote yes, because this is fighting for the American people, for justice, for integrity and for security.

October 10th, 2019
-Door knocking in Rock Hill, South Carolina
-Fundraising event and economic speech at the Lexington Chamber of Commerce in Lexington, South Carolina
-Barnstorming in Lexington, South Carolina
-Advertisement filming
-Meet with the voters at the South Carolina State University in Orangeburg in order to court the African American vote
-Foreign policy speech in reaction of the terrorist attack in Rome - the McEntire Joint National Guard Base in Columbia, SC :
Eight years ago, I supported the successful military intervention in Libya that toppled Mohamar Gaddafi and restored democracy in this North-African country. But only after that, the Obama administration abandoned the Libyan people on its own, thus helping terrorists to emerge in Libya and to strike us, including in our embassy in Benghazi in 2012 when four of our diplomats died. Why didn't we keep a few troops in Libya to train the new Libyan armed forces and ensure this country's reconstruction after Gaddafi's fall like we did in Afghanistan and Iraq? If we did so, Libya would have been much safer and freer than ever before.
Once again, ISIS offended our Italian allies and our values of justice and freedom through terrorist attacks in Rome. We can't afford four more years of weakness and insecurity. The last twelve years saw massive cuts in defense spending, which weakened us and our allies and decreased our allies' trust toward us. We absolutely need to rebuild our military and increase military spending. That way, we will have all the necessary tools, arsenal, weapons and men and women to defeat radical Islamic terrorism. We can't afford to let the Mediterranean Sea becoming a terrorist lake. Terrorists' turf's proximity to Europe gives terrorists an advantage they are using Africa as springboard to commit attacks in Europe. But our European allies' proximity to North Africa can be an advantage to us as well : we need to build a great and powerful military coalition with our NATO allies and our Middle Eastern allies to strike back and to bombard and destroy radical Islamic terrorism in Africa and in the Middle East through military engagement, thus removing the terrorist threat in Europe, Africa and the Middle East.
To eradicate terrorism on the African continent, we also must arm African nations involved in this fight. I propose to put in place a military intelligence agency that will lead antiterrorist crusade in the African continent through military or intelligence operations and that will use drones in order to find the location of terrorist leaders, which will help us to capture or kill them. We also need to give military training to the armed forces of the African countries in the throes of jihadism to make sure these courageous soldiers will be ready and able to accomplish their duty of ensuring their countries' security and to combat terrorism with American techniques that helped us to capture or kill Osama Bin Laden or Saddam Hussein. That's how we're going to defeat Boko Haram, ISIS, the Shebaab and reinforce security in Africa.
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #173 on: August 10, 2016, 02:32:52 PM »
« Edited: August 10, 2016, 02:38:35 PM by UWS »

Marco Rubio : Week of Oct. 6, 2019-Oct. 12, 2019, Part 5

October 11th, 2019
-Meet with the voters at the Colonial Life Arena in Columbia, SC
-Meet with the donors at the Richland County Public Library in Columbia, SC
-Foreign policy speech in reaction of the hostage-taking by Hezbollah in Pakistan - Shaw Air Force Base in Sumter, SC :
Recently, Hezbollah took hostages employers of a nuclear facility in Pakistan and wanted to obtain secrets on the Pakistani nuclear. The Iranian government surely told Hezbollah to lead such an attack in order to help Iran developing its military nuclear program and eventually threat us and our allies. This administration showed once again its naivety on Iran and its nuclear program. The Iran nuclear deal didn't change anything and allowed Tehran to keep developing new nuclear weapons thanks to capital gains due to the lifting of the sanctions. Restoring sanctions will definitely keep Tehran of supplies for the developpement of its nuclear arsenal. We can't let Iran crossing the red line. Under my presidency, if Iran ever crosses the red line, we will stand with our allies through the intergovernmental military alliance that I'm proposing and would include us and all of our allies in the region (India, Pakistan, Iraq, Turkey, Jordan, Israel and Saudi Arabia). That way, we will increase pressure on Iran. Every single option should be kept on table, including the military option. If Iran were to keep developing nuclear weapons, if we decide to launch an air military operation to stop Iran's nuclear program, we will have the back of our allies. In that case, we and our allies will use airstrikes to destroy all Iranian nuclear facilities to stop Iran from getting a nuclear weapon. But that will be the last option. The formation of such a military alliance, the restoration of sanctions as well as the establishment of an anti-missile shield on the Black Sea should do the job. That way, we can successfully handle such a crisis and restore security in the Middle East without sending ground troops in Iran. That way, Tehran will understand that it's nuclear energies should be used for economic purposes not for military purposes.

-Freedom of religion speech at the Seventh-Day Adventist Church in Sumter, SC
-Dinner with the voters at Red Lobster in Sumter, SC
-Economic speech in reaction to unemployment rate's increase to 7,7 % - North Eastern Strategic Alliance, Florence, SC :
Unless we embrace free market policies, we are going to be witnessing weaker and weaker economic growth in this country and even a worse economic downturn than in 2008. There's no question about it : Hillary Clinton's presidency is Obama's third term. The North Eastern Strategic Alliance's objective to develop our industry base and to create and recruit new companies in the nine counties of the East of South Carolina represents a great example of the importance of championing businesses nationwide. By cutting taxes for business owners, we will stop our businesses' offshoring and keep jobs here in America and increase our entrepreneurs' ability to create more jobs and capital investment within existing industry base. That way, the cost of doing business in America will be lower, which will motivate businesses to move here in America. Free trade will lower tariffs, those making imports and exports less expansive, ensure our companies' expansion and create new jobs in America through the obtainment of new consumers in the world. Energy independence will make us able to produce more American energies, which requires reinforcing oil production, make our cars' less expansive and boost our automotive industry. More American cars will be built and bought thanks to a stronger purchasing power. Education system reform and school choice will give a chance of success and of adherence to the workforce for every American and create the jobs of tomorrow. Balancing the budget will ensure America's prosperity give us budget surplus that could be used for the development of infrastructure in order to facilitate our commercial activities and make our markets more accessible.
The Clintons have lost their 1992 winning argument : « It's the economy, stupid! » Now Hillary Clinton's big government policies including high taxes, high regulations and greater dependence on foreign oil are to blame for the terrible economic situation we are living today. My economic plan will increase our GDP rate to 4 % and give us long-term prosperity and full employment. Thank you! God bless America.

-Speech at the Greater Charleston Base Memorial in North Charleston, SC :
If I'm elected President of the United States, our veterans will be rewarded for their valiant service to their country not only with medals of honor but also with health services. In the Senate, I successfully introduced a bill signed into law that empowered the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs in order to care more about vets than bureaucrats.
In addition, the AGREE Act that I co-sponsored in the U.S. Senate in 2011 provided tax credits for veterans who start a business franchise, which allows them to prosper, to live a better lives and to make a contribution to economic growth.
If we take care of our veterans, they will be thankful of the services we will give to them just as we are thankful of their service for our country, for freedom and for our national security. I will use this leadership as President of the United States. God bless our veterans and God bless the United States of America.

-Meet with the voters and the donors at the North Charleston Coliseum in North Charleston, SC
-Supper with the voters at the Park Pizza Co
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #174 on: August 10, 2016, 02:34:42 PM »
« Edited: August 10, 2016, 02:37:49 PM by UWS »

Marco Rubio : Week of Oct. 6, 2019-Oct. 12, 2019, Part 6

October 12th, 2019
-Flight to Concord
-Rally in Concord, NH, with New Hampshire Governor Chris Sununu announcing officially his endorsement to Senator Marco Rubio :

Marco Rubio is the only one who can bring our party together in addition of expanding it. He will bring new voters to our party, including minority voters, female voters, independents, etc. So he's the only who can lead us to victory. I share his views on economic growth, on education and on the American Dream. Thanks to his optimistic agenda, he will restore the American Dream, bring prosperity to this country and keep us safe. That's why I'm supporting Marco Rubio, the next President of the United States of America.

-Fundraising event at the Steeplegate Mall in Concord, NH
-Town Hall at the NHTI, Concord's Community College in Concord, NH
-Meet with the voters in Stratham, NH
-Rally at the Prescott Park in Portsmouth, NH
-Foreign policy speech at USS Albacore Museum & Park in Portsmouth, NH
-Dinner with the voters at the Thirsty Moose Tap House in Portsmouth, NH
-Economic policy speech at the Market Square in Portsmouth, NH. After the speech, a reporter asked him about Comey's recent comments on free trade. Here's the answer from Marco Rubio :

James Comey got it wrong about free trade. He should remember that one of the main reasons why the Great Depression got longer and worse is the legislation of the Smoot-Hawley Tariff Act of 1930 that increased tariffs and reduced American exports and imports, thus increasing unemployment rate from 8 % in 1930 to 25 % in 1932. One of the reasons why we are living an economic decline is that President Clinton has not signed any free trade agreement and embraced protectionism. Did protectionism ever create any single job? No. One of the indicators of the free trade's benefits to the United States is that many agricultural companies here in New Hampshire, especially dairy companies, that are benefiting from free trade partly because American milk is approximately twice less expensive than the Canadian milk, which encourages of American and Canadian consumers to buy more American milk than Canadian milk to keep their purchasing power strong. My home state of Florida's $1 billion annual exports to India demonstrate a great example of the importance to develop trade ties with India’s and Asia's large and growing markets. The more we export, the more consumers we get in the world, the more our companies can ensure their expansion, the more money we get from exports, the more jobs we can maintain and create. Transpacific Partnership will be an asset for America because regional potential members of the TPP that are usually great trade partners to China will be orienting more and more to us as trade partners. In addition, American cars will be less expensive than Asian cars thanks to energy independence, which will result to the purchase of more American cars than Asian cars. By opening more markets and look for new ones, we will increase our ability to innovate and compete in this world economy. Goods and services crossing borders ensure the development of new ideas and models and allow our producers to learn about the market through the failure and success of traded products. By learning more, they will be favored to innovate and keep their competitiveness.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 31  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies