Southeast-what should be done?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 01:10:12 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Southeast-what should be done?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Southeast-what should be done?  (Read 1315 times)
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 19, 2005, 05:56:44 AM »

Proposals, etc. here.

The election is still legally valid, but I think it would be a good idea if both Dubya and Statesrights declined the governorship and forced a new ballot next weekend. It'd clear up any doubts about the actual result and determine if nclib and josh22 still feel that they don't want statesrights to be governor, etc.

Obviously, I have no official capacity, and the candidates might not agree to this, but it seems pretty reasonable to me. Just a thought.
2952-0-0
exnaderite
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2005, 05:58:50 AM »

nothing, except those who did this should hang their heads in shame...
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2005, 06:00:26 AM »

Well there is no legal basis for holding a revote, though I wouldn't mind if that occured.  If Dubya wins by less than 3 votes, that will give him serious problems in his second term as governor; if StatesRights manages to get two more votes, he wins by just one, but without the scandal would have won by three.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2005, 06:00:50 AM »

The region should peacefully secede from the Union. Grin
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2005, 06:01:18 AM »

The region should peacefully secede from the Union. Grin

Now that's an idea. Tongue
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2005, 06:04:43 AM »

I think that those who did it should apologize if they misunderstood, and really apologize if they did this with malicious intent.  Then, we should stop making a huge deal about this.  Now, I know I was involved but since I feel that my main guilt lied in oblivion, I have to say that I think this is a bit overblown.  Yes, it was stupid and yes, it turns out that it was against the rules, but this is taking the game a bit too seriously, folks.  Apologies are owed, and mistakes have been made that can never be totally rectified.  Let's not turn this into a witch hunt.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2005, 06:06:52 AM »

I wouldn't really say that the issue is over; so far the only person who has apologized has been you, Alcon.  Keystone Phil was obviously involved as well, but there is talk of involvement or at least encouragement for this scandal by other people such as Colin Wixted and Peter Bell.  I'm a bit miffed that you'd say that this is taking the game "a bit too seriously" as you took it seriously enough to get someone to edit their vote just to affect the outcome of an election in a region you don't even live in.  No hard feelings of course, seeing as you apologized, but the double standard being used here is awfully annoying.
Bono
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2005, 07:19:16 AM »

You should do nothing, since you don't live here.
Mind your own business, yankee! Wink
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2005, 07:33:21 AM »

^^^^

How about you butt out of our region's affairs.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2005, 12:17:48 PM »

I say we use this as an excuse to abolish the Southeast and give it all to the Midwest Cheesy
jokerman
Cosmo Kramer
Junior Chimp
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2005, 12:22:04 PM »

What is going on?
CheeseWhiz
YaBB God

« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2005, 02:00:53 PM »

I say we use this as an excuse to abolish the Southeast and give it all to the Midwest Cheesy

I second that again!
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2005, 02:05:47 PM »

Keystone Phil was obviously involved as well, but there is talk of involvement or at least encouragement for this scandal by other people such as Colin Wixted and Peter Bell. 

There will be no apology until you tell me why there was no issue when people edited their votes for MAS in the Hitchabrut-MAS election.

TheWildCard
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2005, 02:11:59 PM »

It should go to the Pacific!
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2005, 02:14:19 PM »

There will be no apology until you tell me why there was no issue when people edited their votes for MAS in the Hitchabrut-MAS election.

How 'bout issue a general apology to everyone effected or summet, and encourage people behind the other one to also apologise?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2005, 02:15:42 PM »

How 'bout issue a general apology to everyone effected or summet, and encourage people behind the other one to also apologise?

I apologized to my supporters for letting them down. That's all anyone is getting until someone explains why the editing of votes was ok in the MAS-Hitchabrut election yet a horrible thing now.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2005, 02:28:24 PM »

I apologized to my supporters for letting them down. That's all anyone is getting until someone explains why the editing of votes was ok in the MAS-Hitchabrut election yet a horrible thing now.

I don't really understand this... why does the other side, THE EVIL ONES BURN THEM ALL, have to make the first move?
From what I understand what happend in the MAS-Hitchabrut thing was wrong, and I'm damn sure that what you did was wrong, so your both level, right? So why not be a better man than whoever caused tuther thing and just say S-O-R-R-Y to everyone?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2005, 02:44:14 PM »

I don't really understand this... why does the other side, THE EVIL ONES BURN THEM ALL, have to make the first move?

Why am I always the one that's wrong?

You must be logged in to read this quote.

What did I do wrong? I asked nclib and Josh to invalidate their votes. No tricking. In fact, nclib asked me if invalidating his Gov. vote would invalidate his referrendum votes, too. I thought that at that point it was over and he wouldn't do it. I told him that it would invalidate them yet he did it anyway. What the hell don't you people get? I'm not apologizing for something like this because I never mislead anyone! Do you want my damn PMs now? Is that what you need? I'll glady hand them over, showing what he asked and he can show everyone what I said if that can just END THIS.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2005, 02:57:54 PM »

I didn't say that

Yes, it would be nice if this ended. So say sorry. That's all. One little word.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2005, 02:59:12 PM »

I didn't say that

Yes, it would be nice if this ended. So say sorry. That's all. One little word.

Words have big meanings and I'm not about to use a word with a big meaning if I don't mean what I say.
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2005, 03:00:46 PM »

What should be done?

Fire the torpedoes!
Brandon H
brandonh
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.48, S: 1.74

« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2005, 03:26:45 PM »

I don't think asking people to invalidate their votes was the right thing to do. However, both of them voted for StatesRights and were not aware of the Nullification Act that caused much chaos until it was brought to their attention by an outside source. Shouldn't people be aware of current events before voting in the election? If this convinved them to change their mines, if they were aware of this in the first place, they would have voted differently and this would not have happened in the first place. (Yes, a majority of the people who vote for the two major parties in real life aren't informed enough to make an informed decision.)

Does the activity requirement means posts on the whole forum, or just in Atlas Fantasy Politics?
Defarge

Political Matrix
E: -3.13, S: -0.72

« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2005, 03:27:58 PM »

What should be done?

Fire the torpedoes!
Damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead!

Sorry, couldn't resist. Cheesy
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2005, 03:31:55 PM »

Does the activity requirement means posts on the whole forum, or just in Atlas Fantasy Politics?

Posts on the whole forum.
Brandon H
brandonh
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.48, S: 1.74

« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2005, 03:47:11 PM »

Posts on the whole forum.

Besides a manual count, is there anyway to count the posts by a user on just the fantasy boards? (I'm thinking that is a 'no'.)

Someone could post the minimum requirements on the rest of the forum and come here just to vote with no idea what is going on. That is what happened here. If this situation is not solved, what happened now could very well happen again.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies