Can you name any Trump supporter on Atlas who meets all the following?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 05, 2024, 03:21:21 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Can you name any Trump supporter on Atlas who meets all the following?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: Can you name any Trump supporter on Atlas who meets all the following?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 29

Author Topic: Can you name any Trump supporter on Atlas who meets all the following?  (Read 1066 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 08, 2016, 08:15:37 PM »

-Is generally calm and rational.
-Does not try to unskew polls showing Trump performing poorly.
-Similarly does not cherry pick polls showing Trump performing well and baselessly dismissing all others as junk.
-Does not try to spin every single crazy action of Trump as actually brilliant.
-Does not try to defend every single one of Trump's gaffes and argue that he's actually correct and what he said proves that he's a genius.
-Analyzes the election and electoral math from a pure statistical standpoint and not just in terms of blind love and hackery of their candidate.

...actually I'm having a tough time thinking of a Trump supporter who fits even ONE of those.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2016, 08:45:14 PM »

How are you defining "Trump supporter"?  Aren't there a couple of folks here who didn't want Trump to be nominated and don't think he'd be a very good president, but say they support him in the GE because he's less bad than Hillary Clinton?  Would such a person count as a "Trump supporter" for the purposes of your question?
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2016, 09:10:20 PM »

I'd like to think that I meet those requirements, so yes.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2016, 09:24:12 PM »

I'd like to think that I meet those requirements, so yes.
I thought you were Never Trump completely.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2016, 02:44:59 AM »

Sanchez?
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2016, 05:44:15 AM »
« Edited: July 09, 2016, 05:51:02 AM by President Johnson »

Sanchez. Sentander and Ljube also hit at least some points. But I would name myself also for these reasons:

-Is generally calm and rational: I think I am, although I like to be a little sarcastic about Trump's critics. I don't insult people (only some outside the forum). I consider myself rational (likely even more on topics nor concerning Trump).

-Does not try to unskew polls showing Trump performing poorly. Well, those showing him at 33% can't be serious. Hilldog at 40% or so is also nonsense. Both will end up with 45%+. Trump only 8% ahead in Texas is also, I'm sorry, nonsense.

-Similarly does not cherry pick polls showing Trump performing well and baselessly dismissing all others as junk. I don't dismiss all where he's behind. Just those, where he does very poor. Or see the point above.

-Does not try to spin every single crazy action of Trump as actually brilliant. No, some things were not smart. The judge with Mexican heritage for example. Mocking the disabled reporter was also bad. And the thing with Cruz' father. I also dismiss his conspiracy about Obama's birth, although he didn't bring it up on the campaign trail.

-Does not try to defend every single one of Trump's gaffes and argue that he's actually correct and what he said proves that he's a genius. I haven't defended on ALL he's done. And I DON'T agree with Trump on all issues (climate change, health care and gun control in parts, some regulations (Dodd-Frank), the muslim ban, though he backed down now).

-Analyzes the election and electoral math from a pure statistical standpoint and not just in terms of blind love and hackery of their candidate. Of course his path to 270 is tougher. However, I'm optimistic. If his supporters don't believe in him, who else except himself and his family does?
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2016, 06:01:22 AM »

By definition, a Drumpf supporter cannot be rational (unless they stand to benefit directly from his success, but nobody on the forum does afaik).
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2016, 06:13:52 AM »

By definition, a Drumpf supporter cannot be rational (unless they stand to benefit directly from his success, but nobody on the forum does afaik).

It's always a matter of the point of view. I'm in favor of legal instead of illegal immigration, a strong border against illegals and drug dealers, where people can come in legally. I'm in favor of someone who takes on special interests and doesn't care about political correctness. I'm in favor of renegotiating trade deals who proved to be a disaster for the US and ripped workers off, I'm in favor of lower taxes for the middle class and small businesses, I'm against being the world's policeman and against another neocon in the White House. Enough of politicans like Hilldog, who are dishonest and think that they're in title of special treatment and who beg for donations at Wall Street (all aside the fact that she's boring while Big Don has a great sense of humor (though that's only my opinion)).
White Trash
Southern Gothic
YaBB God

« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2016, 09:30:08 PM »

Johnson, I think you fit all of the above points as well.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2016, 11:24:26 PM »

No, but I can't think of many Atlasians who don't at least occasionally violate one of these with their preferred candidate.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2016, 12:00:03 AM »

Sanchez comes closest.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2016, 12:19:41 AM »

No. Just no.

and pres johnson is delusional
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2016, 04:13:46 AM »

No, but I can't think of many Atlasians who don't at least occasionally violate one of these with their preferred candidate.

I think that's natural. Being 100% neutral is always more difficult, when you're in favor of one particular side.
Higgs

Political Matrix
E: 6.14, S: -4.17

« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2016, 11:27:36 AM »

I think I fit all of them.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2016, 12:02:20 PM »

Johnson's posts are performance art. He isn't a serious TRUMP supporter.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2016, 02:59:35 PM »

You can't be calm and rational if you've ever used the nickname "Crooked Hillary" in a post that you might otherwise consider serious. That disqualifies Tmthforu94. It's also difficult to see how it's rational for a member of a traditionally oppressed community to support one of the most transparently bigoted candidates to run for president in recent years, so that's kind of another strike against him.

It's a strike against Milo, too, who seems to be serious in his Trump support. Otherwise, though, Milo probably best fits the bill. And it just astounds me.
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 2.71, S: -6.09

« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2016, 05:46:09 PM »

MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2016, 05:49:08 PM »

You can't be calm and rational if you've ever used the nickname "Crooked Hillary" in a post that you might otherwise consider serious.

Yes. Constructive criticism of a candidate is one thing. Restoring to chep and lame stuff like this makes your entire argument useless.
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2016, 05:53:42 PM »

You can't be calm and rational if you've ever used the nickname "Crooked Hillary" in a post that you might otherwise consider serious.

Yes. Constructive criticism of a candidate is one thing. Restoring to chep and lame stuff like this makes your entire argument useless.

Why? She is crooked. There is no doubt about it.
The people using that term are just telling it like it is, without PC filter.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2016, 06:04:29 PM »

One has already posted in this thread.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2016, 08:16:53 PM »

Johnson, I think you fit all of the above points as well.
I agree.

I would say SillyAmerican, but he's supporting Gary Johnson.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2016, 11:01:42 PM »

Being anti-PC isn't an excuse to resort to elementary school-level insults while trying to win a debate, nor is it an excuse to insult anyone you want any time you want.
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2016, 12:30:01 AM »

Being anti-PC isn't an excuse to resort to elementary school-level insults while trying to win a debate, nor is it an excuse to insult anyone you want any time you want.

Virginia, it can't be an insult if it's the truth.
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2016, 12:38:04 AM »

But what you think is truth and what really is lies across a great chasm which you and others can't reach across.
Higgs

Political Matrix
E: 6.14, S: -4.17

« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2016, 02:07:35 AM »

But what you think is truth and what really is lies across a great chasm which you and others can't reach across.

I really don't like the insults and nicknames either, they're childish and cheap. But c'mon, you think only Trump supporters do this? 'Crooked Hillary' isn't nearly as the bad as the nicknames evergreen and some others have given Trump. Trump may have started it, but supporters of both sides are equally guilty in these kind of stupid attacks.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies