FBI Director Comey press confrence - Update: Recommends no charges for Clinton
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 01:54:23 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  FBI Director Comey press confrence - Update: Recommends no charges for Clinton
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7
Author Topic: FBI Director Comey press confrence - Update: Recommends no charges for Clinton  (Read 7964 times)
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: July 05, 2016, 12:05:38 PM »

No charges. No charges. No charges.

That is what counts. All this trying to spin lint into gold is pathetic and sad.
Not really. There are still political consequences, and deservedly so.

You lost, so sit down and be quiet.
I lost? How did I lose? The people lost. It's not even about the server or about her conduct while in office, look at the misinformation she spread for the past year on this issue. Basically all of her assertions about her conduct were rejected by both the State Dept and the FBI. Okay, she's not a criminal, but she's a flagrant liar. That matters.

Not when her opponent is even worse of a liar.
HAnnA MArin County
semocrat08
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #126 on: July 05, 2016, 12:07:16 PM »

That is what counts. All this trying to spin lint into gold is pathetic and sad.

I lost? How did I lose? The people lost. It's not even about the server or about her conduct while in office, look at the misinformation she spread for the past year on this issue. Basically all of her assertions about her conduct were rejected by both the State Dept and the FBI. Okay, she's not a criminal, but she's a flagrant liar. That matters.

I was going to change the bolded part to "that DOESN'T matter," but yours will suffice. Wink
Seriously?
United States

« Reply #127 on: July 05, 2016, 12:08:01 PM »

This Kabuki theater was laughable. As are the responses from the red avatars and the faux blue avatar from Colorado. Of course she wasn't going to be indicted. She's campaigning with Obama today. The fix was already in.

She deserved to be indicted because all that should be necessary is that confidential information was transmitted in an insecure manner. The intent is imputed. But it's OK. She's a Democrat in a Democrat administration. We expected her to get a pass.

Do you ever realize sometimes -- in your over-the-top enthusiastic zeal -- that sometimes you are just plain wrong?
Ummm. No. My analysis is spot on. I am well aware of the legal standard for an indictment, probably way more than you are.

I am also well aware that the world of criminal justice operates on two levels: there's what the law is and then there's politics. Politics won out today.

You obviously do not understand what I am saying here. I am smart enough to know how the real world works and fully understand that this is a non-referral for political reasons.

There is no way in hell that Trump or any Republican lets this go. It is and will remain a campaign issue. Even if Crooked Hillary! wasn't indicted, Trump can and will exploit how the decision to not indict is indicative of how the system is rigged.

To be fair, I don't even think YOU understand what you're saying; but then again, most RWNJs don't unless it resonates out of the bubble known as Breitbart/Faux Noise/Drudge/etc.

The fly in your Metamucil is that James Comey is a Republican "who is widely respected by GOP lawmakers." I guess it's time to call him a RINOrat now and primary him? Trumpkin can continue to exploit the decision all he wants; he's just putting more nails in his coffin.
Yeah, because I don't have a background that would be on point when it comes to this. But I digress.

Comey is part of a Democrat-ic administration. His boss is a Democrat. He could be the nicest Republican in the world, but it matters for naught. Obama is on the campaign trail with Hillary! today. Do you really think he would be there if there was an indictment referral coming down against her?

This is political Kabuki theater. Nothing more nothing less.

First of all, Obama being on the campaign trail with her is irrelevant. His approval ratings are on the up and up and he's still very popular with the Democratic base. If she wants him there with her, why do you care? Perhaps you're just bitter that your party's presumptive nominee isn't getting help from the most recent Republican President.

Facts do have a liberal bias, so no wonder this whole development is not seeping through your conservatively bent membrane. It's funny how you say this is political theater when this whole "controversy" was politically motivated and orchestrated by those who adhere to your warped ideology of hating Hillary Clinton. But feel free to enlighten me again about how I'm a misogynist for calling Sarah Palin an idiot.
Dude, you're smoking something if you think Obama would be on the trail with Hillary! today if the FBI was going to refer charges. The optics would be beyond terrible.

As far as your misogyny goes, it's patently obvious. I think insulting a woman's intelligence is a microaggression in your world, no?
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #128 on: July 05, 2016, 12:16:56 PM »

I scoff that you think that the Republicans "lost" on this. Just wait for the campaign commercials. This decision just reinforces how "corrupt the political class" is in Washington. Just watch. Trump will beat this like a rented mule.

No one will care. The fact that no charges were filed is all that normal people need to tune out. On the flip said, Trump is being accused of rape, so I think that comes in way ahead of harping on a issue that no one was charged on.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #129 on: July 05, 2016, 12:17:41 PM »

Again, trying to spin gold out of lint.
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #130 on: July 05, 2016, 12:18:14 PM »

The people didn't lose. You can't say anything about Clinton being a liar without including Trump in that same statement.

So why not focus on the qualities they each bring to the table as President of the country. That's what is really important in this race.
Deblano
EdgarAllenYOLO
United States

« Reply #131 on: July 05, 2016, 12:22:31 PM »

This Kabuki theater was laughable. As are the responses from the red avatars and the faux blue avatar from Colorado. Of course she wasn't going to be indicted. She's campaigning with Obama today. The fix was already in.

She deserved to be indicted because all that should be necessary is that confidential information was transmitted in an insecure manner. The intent is imputed. But it's OK. She's a Democrat in a Democrat administration. We expected her to get a pass.

Even though Comey is a Republican who donated to McCain in 08 and Romney in 12.

He's a pinko lefty who wants to let Clinton frolic around and win the election by rigging it. /s
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #132 on: July 05, 2016, 12:24:07 PM »

Does Trump have the character to be president? Of course not, and I'm bothered by it. That's not the point.

Clinton lied about her behavior to the people for a year while running for President. What else is she lying about? And let's not pretend that Trump's stupid lies are as sinister or calculating as Clinton's lies. Lies are not made equal, and I dare you make the case that Clinton is less deceptive than Trump, even if Trump tells a greater volume of lies.
HAnnA MArin County
semocrat08
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #133 on: July 05, 2016, 12:24:27 PM »
« Edited: July 05, 2016, 12:27:01 PM by Bitch is the New Birkenstock »

Do you ever realize sometimes -- in your over-the-top enthusiastic zeal -- that sometimes you are just plain wrong?
Ummm. No. My analysis is spot on. I am well aware of the legal standard for an indictment, probably way more than you are.

I am also well aware that the world of criminal justice operates on two levels: there's what the law is and then there's politics. Politics won out today.

You obviously do not understand what I am saying here. I am smart enough to know how the real world works and fully understand that this is a non-referral for political reasons.

There is no way in hell that Trump or any Republican lets this go. It is and will remain a campaign issue. Even if Crooked Hillary! wasn't indicted, Trump can and will exploit how the decision to not indict is indicative of how the system is rigged.

To be fair, I don't even think YOU understand what you're saying; but then again, most RWNJs don't unless it resonates out of the bubble known as Breitbart/Faux Noise/Drudge/etc.

The fly in your Metamucil is that James Comey is a Republican "who is widely respected by GOP lawmakers." I guess it's time to call him a RINOrat now and primary him? Trumpkin can continue to exploit the decision all he wants; he's just putting more nails in his coffin.
Yeah, because I don't have a background that would be on point when it comes to this. But I digress.

Comey is part of a Democrat-ic administration. His boss is a Democrat. He could be the nicest Republican in the world, but it matters for naught. Obama is on the campaign trail with Hillary! today. Do you really think he would be there if there was an indictment referral coming down against her?

This is political Kabuki theater. Nothing more nothing less.

First of all, Obama being on the campaign trail with her is irrelevant. His approval ratings are on the up and up and he's still very popular with the Democratic base. If she wants him there with her, why do you care? Perhaps you're just bitter that your party's presumptive nominee isn't getting help from the most recent Republican President.

Facts do have a liberal bias, so no wonder this whole development is not seeping through your conservatively bent membrane. It's funny how you say this is political theater when this whole "controversy" was politically motivated and orchestrated by those who adhere to your warped ideology of hating Hillary Clinton. But feel free to enlighten me again about how I'm a misogynist for calling Sarah Palin an idiot.
Dude, you're smoking something if you think Obama would be on the trail with Hillary! today if the FBI was going to refer charges. The optics would be beyond terrible.

As far as your misogyny goes, it's patently obvious. I think insulting a woman's intelligence is a microaggression in your world, no?

Well that's probably because the White House doesn't get their "news" from Fox, so yeah, like most non-teabaggers, they've known that she wasn't going to be indicted for this because they saw it for what it was: a frivolous and partisan-driven witch hunt. Secretaries of state before her did the same thing, including REPUBLICANS, but I don't recall Democrats going after them and calling for hearings and FBI investigations. Oh, that's right: none of them decided to run for President.

First, lol at you for thinking Sarah Palin has any intelligence. Having said that, I think you need to consult a dictionary and look up the definition of misogyny. No one is saying Sarah Palin is an idiot because she's a woman; I don't think reproductive organs/intelligence is a direct correlation. Also, a Republican calling someone a misogynist? Oh, the irony! This coming from someone who identifies with a party that wants to tell women what they can and cannot do with their own reproductive organs, legitimate rape, and remind again what percentage of the female vote Republicans often get in elections? But yeah, I'm a patent misogynist (whatever the heck that means) for calling Sarah Palin a nincompoop because she couldn't name a newspaper that she read to stay informed and she claimed that Alaska's proximity to Russia strengthened her foreign policy credentials. Your party isn't exactly short on the list of nincompoops within it. To paraphrase Willard Mitt Romney, I have binders full of women (and men) who I think are idiots in the Republican Party.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #134 on: July 05, 2016, 12:41:45 PM »

On the plus side, maybe Bill will show more interest in her now that she is barely legal

Stay classy. /s
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #135 on: July 05, 2016, 12:42:17 PM »

On the plus side, maybe Bill will show more interest in her now that she is barely legal

Aha that's actually pretty funny.
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #136 on: July 05, 2016, 12:44:28 PM »

Anyone who believes that the FBI would have recommended charges against Clinton is a moron, lol. 

Maybe because there wasn't enough to charge her on.
Pyro
PyroTheFox
Junior Chimp
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #137 on: July 05, 2016, 12:55:09 PM »

Interesting. Though good news for her campaign, this whole ordeal has already done irreparable damage to her image, and it doesn't really change anything.

As someone posted on Twitter, "BREAKING NEWS - people who hated Hillary Clinton still hate her; people who defended her still do.  More on this huge story as it develops."
Deblano
EdgarAllenYOLO
United States

« Reply #138 on: July 05, 2016, 01:01:03 PM »

I just said, we shouldn't have nominated Trump.
OK, but they did.  he represent everything that your party has become.  A farsh that masquerades as something better than what it really is, a boil on the ass of the country.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #139 on: July 05, 2016, 01:07:42 PM »

Anyone who believes that the FBI would have recommended charges against Clinton is a moron, lol. 

HILLARY DID VINCENT FOSTER
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #140 on: July 05, 2016, 01:08:28 PM »

Interesting. Though good news for her campaign, this whole ordeal has already done irreparable damage to her image, and it doesn't really change anything.

As someone posted on Twitter, "BREAKING NEWS - people who hated Hillary Clinton still hate her; people who defended her still do.  More on this huge story as it develops."

Hillary is the golden pinata that her detractors love to swing at over and over through the years. Nothing is too small or frivolous to swing at about anything she says or does in the hopes of coloring public opinion about her. And while the public parrots the negative stuff they read and hear about Hillary, somehow, she is still standing stronger than ever.

Does anyone ever wonder why that is? Is it just crooked politics? The rigged system? What? Why is Hillary still around and not in jail for all the "lying" and "evil" things she's done?

And now she is even poised to become the first female President of the US.

When all the dust settles, could it be that maybe Hillary isn't as bad as some people want us to think? Think about that.
Pyro
PyroTheFox
Junior Chimp
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #141 on: July 05, 2016, 01:19:25 PM »

Hillary is the golden pinata that her detractors love to swing at over and over through the years. Nothing is too small or frivolous to swing at about anything she says or does in the hopes of coloring public opinion about her. And while the public parrots the negative stuff they read and hear about Hillary, somehow, she is still standing stronger than ever.

Does anyone ever wonder why that is? Is it just crooked politics? The rigged system? What? Why is Hillary still around and not in jail for all the "lying" and "evil" things she's done?

And now she is even poised to become the first female President of the US.

When all the dust settles, could it be that maybe Hillary isn't as bad as some people want us to think? Think about that.

Hmm... nah.
Pretty sure the public has her spot on.
Chief Justice Keef
etr906
United States

« Reply #142 on: July 05, 2016, 01:33:17 PM »

And while the public parrots the negative stuff they read and hear about Hillary, somehow, she is still standing stronger than ever.

I'd say she's still standing, albeit heavily crippled and barely able to walk.

Today is a big win for her, but it's gonna be a tough few months. Trump does a good job of riling people up.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #143 on: July 05, 2016, 01:35:33 PM »

And while the public parrots the negative stuff they read and hear about Hillary, somehow, she is still standing stronger than ever.

Today is a big win for her, but it's gonna be a tough few months. Trump does a good job of riling people up.
Trump does a good job of getting riled up. He won the primaries because the competition was divided, lackluster, and disorganized.

Clinton may be lackluster, but she's definitely not disorganized and the Democrats aren't divided
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #144 on: July 05, 2016, 01:39:06 PM »

So no indictment. Thank goodness. Given my earlier comments, I clearly have to reassess the lens by which I look at politics. Maybe my critics are right that I'm too much of a chicken little. I will make an effort from here on out to be more objective and self-critical when examining what biases are affecting my analysis.

While it's a little strange to be celebrating one's own candidate not being indicted, from Mr. Comey's comments it's clear that this wasn't a close call. There was no intent to undermine national security or hide anything from investigators. There was only what you would expect from 30,000 emails - that there would be some mistakes in classifying them made by Clinton. 110 emails out of 30,000+ had some level of classification at the time they were sent or received. That's 0.4%. She's human, we are all human.

Her real mistake was having the private servers in the first place. That was wrong, and she was right to apologize for it. But given that her predecessors or their aides also used private e-mail of varying degrees and neither had government e-mail, it's fair to say that this was only allowed because compliance policies at State were sloppy and ill-defined. It seems clear that all sorts of sloppiness in many different agencies at all levels of government would be uncovered, if they were all subject to the same degree of scrutiny as Clinton. Hillary Clinton has been the most investigated, scrutinized public figures in modern history. Literally dozens of books and tens of thousands of pages of documents exist on her. There's probably more information out there about her than she even remembers about herself. Yet no "smoking gun" has ever been found - just one dead end investigation after another. The only time either of the Clintons were "gotten" was when it involved a blue dress. Go figure.

However, this incident should be a warning to all of our public officials to be scrupulous with classified information, no matter one's rank. If Hillary can be seriously damaged politically by something like this, than any public official who isn't careful to follow procedure strictly can be. And it must be a warning to both the Clintons and the people around them not to make unforced errors in the future - they can learn from the current president, Obama, who has been relatively scandal-free.
riceowl
riceowl315
YaBB God

« Reply #145 on: July 05, 2016, 01:46:37 PM »

Ah. "She should lose her security clearance and will thereby not be eligible to receive top secret information a President needs" will be the talking point going forward.
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #146 on: July 05, 2016, 02:03:34 PM »

Ah. "She should lose her security clearance and will thereby not be eligible to receive top secret information a President needs" will be the talking point going forward.
Pretty sure she doesn't have the level of clearance she had when she was Secretary of State any longer.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #147 on: July 05, 2016, 02:16:07 PM »

Trump also "does a good job" insulting/alienating a lot of people.
Anna Komnene
Siren

« Reply #148 on: July 05, 2016, 04:05:44 PM »

Well at least now we know the first female president won't be remembered for being impeached (probably).

I'm glad they did their due diligence and respected the rule of law.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #149 on: July 05, 2016, 05:03:21 PM »

lmao

"Our judgment is that no reasonable prosecutor would bring such a case."

What a left wing Hillary hack!

He's a Republican? Oh. Muhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh emailz tho
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7