FBI Director Comey press confrence - Update: Recommends no charges for Clinton
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 11, 2024, 01:31:52 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  FBI Director Comey press confrence - Update: Recommends no charges for Clinton
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7
Author Topic: FBI Director Comey press confrence - Update: Recommends no charges for Clinton  (Read 8302 times)
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: July 05, 2016, 11:27:47 AM »

Ummm. No. My analysis is spot on. I am well aware of the legal standard for an indictment, probably way more than you are.

I am also well aware that the world of criminal justice operates on two levels: there's what the law is and then there's politics. Politics won out today.

I'll take what Comey said at face value. I don't think he's being paid off in any way to say this.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
HAnnA MArin County
semocrat08
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #101 on: July 05, 2016, 11:29:01 AM »

This Kabuki theater was laughable. As are the responses from the red avatars and the faux blue avatar from Colorado. Of course she wasn't going to be indicted. She's campaigning with Obama today. The fix was already in.

She deserved to be indicted because all that should be necessary is that confidential information was transmitted in an insecure manner. The intent is imputed. But it's OK. She's a Democrat in a Democrat administration. We expected her to get a pass.

Do you ever realize sometimes -- in your over-the-top enthusiastic zeal -- that sometimes you are just plain wrong?
Ummm. No. My analysis is spot on. I am well aware of the legal standard for an indictment, probably way more than you are.

I am also well aware that the world of criminal justice operates on two levels: there's what the law is and then there's politics. Politics won out today.

You obviously do not understand what I am saying here. I am smart enough to know how the real world works and fully understand that this is a non-referral for political reasons.

There is no way in hell that Trump or any Republican lets this go. It is and will remain a campaign issue. Even if Crooked Hillary! wasn't indicted, Trump can and will exploit how the decision to not indict is indicative of how the system is rigged.

To be fair, I don't even think YOU understand what you're saying; but then again, most RWNJs don't unless it resonates out of the bubble known as Breitbart/Faux Noise/Drudge/etc.

The fly in your Metamucil is that James Comey is a Republican "who is widely respected by GOP lawmakers." I guess it's time to call him a RINOrat now and primary him? Trumpkin can continue to exploit the decision all he wants; he's just putting more nails in his coffin.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #102 on: July 05, 2016, 11:30:16 AM »

H. A. Goodman
‏@HAGOODMANAUTHOR
Oh, I am definitely vindicated after today.  TODAY PROVES GROSS NEGLIGENCE. Trust me, I don't need indictments to know HRC deserved them

lol
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #103 on: July 05, 2016, 11:30:38 AM »

There was gross negligence. That's enough for an indictment under the espionage act. Bad call FBI.
HAnnA MArin County
semocrat08
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #104 on: July 05, 2016, 11:31:16 AM »

There was gross negligence. That's enough for an indictment under the espionage act. Bad call FBI.

Sounds like you need to let it go too.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #105 on: July 05, 2016, 11:35:58 AM »

Remind me where from did you get your law degree.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #106 on: July 05, 2016, 11:36:50 AM »

Let's repeat this quote from FBI Director James Comey.
Read it and weep, Seriously .....

Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #107 on: July 05, 2016, 11:39:45 AM »

Paul Ryan is out suggesting that the FBI is undermining the rule of law now.
Seriously?
United States

« Reply #108 on: July 05, 2016, 11:41:15 AM »

This Kabuki theater was laughable. As are the responses from the red avatars and the faux blue avatar from Colorado. Of course she wasn't going to be indicted. She's campaigning with Obama today. The fix was already in.

She deserved to be indicted because all that should be necessary is that confidential information was transmitted in an insecure manner. The intent is imputed. But it's OK. She's a Democrat in a Democrat administration. We expected her to get a pass.

Do you ever realize sometimes -- in your over-the-top enthusiastic zeal -- that sometimes you are just plain wrong?

You obviously do not understand what I am saying here. I am smart enough to know how the real world works and fully understand that this is a non-referral for political reasons.

There is no way in hell that Trump or any Republican lets this go. It is and will remain a campaign issue. Even if Crooked Hillary! wasn't indicted, Trump can and will exploit how the decision to not indict is indicative of how the system is rigged.

To be fair, I don't even think YOU understand what you're saying; but then again, most RWNJs don't unless it resonates out of the bubble known as Breitbart/Faux Noise/Drudge/etc.

The fly in your Metamucil is that James Comey is a Republican "who is widely respected by GOP lawmakers." I guess it's time to call him a RINOrat now and primary him? Trumpkin can continue to exploit the decision all he wants; he's just putting more nails in his coffin.
Yeah, because I don't have a background that would be on point when it comes to this. But I digress.

Comey is part of a Democrat administration. His boss is a Democrat. He could be the nicest Republican in the world, but it matters for naught. Obama is on the campaign trail with Hillary! today. Do you really think he would be there if there was an indictment referral coming down against her?

This is political Kabuki theater. Nothing more nothing less.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #109 on: July 05, 2016, 11:41:49 AM »

Let's repeat this quote from FBI Director James Comey.
Read it and weep, Seriously .....

"Shill!"
HAnnA MArin County
semocrat08
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #110 on: July 05, 2016, 11:42:23 AM »

Paul Ryan is bipolar. One day he's praising Trump, the next day he's disavowing him. One day he's a potty-trained Republican, the next day he's appeasing the crybabies/the base. Paul Ryan really doesn't have much room to talk when it comes to undermining the rule of law.
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #111 on: July 05, 2016, 11:42:49 AM »

http://www.npr.org/2016/04/07/472991438/officials-scrutinized-over-classified-information-but-rarely-found-criminal

According to this article from NPR dated in April of this year:

The system wasn't rigged in favor of Hillary. People need to read up on this stuff before spouting off.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #112 on: July 05, 2016, 11:46:41 AM »

No charges. No charges. No charges.

That is what counts. All this trying to spin lint into gold is pathetic and sad.
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #113 on: July 05, 2016, 11:52:08 AM »

Don't forget that everyone who emailed Hillary while she was Sec of State or who she emailed, used her private email address.

They must have noticed that it was not a .gov email address.

That is part of what Comey was addressing, that everyone knew she wasn't using a government server. So he can't very well point fingers at everyone.

It's not as though Hillary was trying to pull the wool over anyone's eyes.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #114 on: July 05, 2016, 11:52:42 AM »

Maybe he should set up a special commission. We all remember how well the last one went.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #115 on: July 05, 2016, 11:53:08 AM »

That is what counts. All this trying to spin lint into gold is pathetic and sad.
Not really. There are still political consequences, and deservedly so.
HAnnA MArin County
semocrat08
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #116 on: July 05, 2016, 11:53:58 AM »

Yeah, because I don't have a background that would be on point when it comes to this. But I digress.

Comey is part of a Democrat-ic administration. His boss is a Democrat. He could be the nicest Republican in the world, but it matters for naught. Obama is on the campaign trail with Hillary! today. Do you really think he would be there if there was an indictment referral coming down against her?

This is political Kabuki theater. Nothing more nothing less.

First of all, Obama being on the campaign trail with her is irrelevant. His approval ratings are on the up and up and he's still very popular with the Democratic base. If she wants him there with her, why do you care? Perhaps you're just bitter that your party's presumptive nominee isn't getting help from the most recent Republican President.

Facts do have a liberal bias, so no wonder this whole development is not seeping through your conservatively bent membrane. It's funny how you say this is political theater when this whole "controversy" was politically motivated and orchestrated by those who adhere to your warped ideology of hating Hillary Clinton. But feel free to enlighten me again about how I'm a misogynist for calling Sarah Palin an idiot.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #117 on: July 05, 2016, 11:55:07 AM »

You lost, so sit down and be quiet.
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #118 on: July 05, 2016, 11:55:20 AM »

Damn it Feels Good to be a Clinton
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FECIYlo3KRY
Seriously?
United States

« Reply #119 on: July 05, 2016, 11:57:31 AM »

I scoff that you think that the Republicans "lost" on this. Just wait for the campaign commercials. This decision just reinforces how "corrupt the political class" is in Washington. Just watch. Trump will beat this like a rented mule.
HAnnA MArin County
semocrat08
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #120 on: July 05, 2016, 11:58:14 AM »
« Edited: July 05, 2016, 12:01:26 PM by Bitch is the New Birkenstock »

You mad, bro? Of course it feels good beating you all at your own game! Smiley

Keeping score:
Hillary Clinton: 20
Republican right-wing conspiracy machine: 0.

Here ya go:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SlMHDNHK34
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #121 on: July 05, 2016, 12:01:18 PM »

Just signed on to the computer for the first time this morning about ten minutes ago, and didn't hear anything about it anywhere else. A good way to start a day.
HAnnA MArin County
semocrat08
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #122 on: July 05, 2016, 12:03:12 PM »

I scoff that you think that the Republicans "lost" on this. Just wait for the campaign commercials. This decision just reinforces how "corrupt the political class" is in Washington. Just watch. Trump will beat this like a rented mule.

But it's going to be so much more fun watching Trump getting beat like a rented mule in November. Just watch!
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #123 on: July 05, 2016, 12:04:00 PM »

I lost? How did I lose? The people lost. It's not even about the server or about her conduct while in office, look at the misinformation she spread for the past year on this issue. Basically all of her assertions about her conduct were rejected by both the State Dept and the FBI. Okay, she's not a criminal, but she's a flagrant liar. That matters.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #124 on: July 05, 2016, 12:05:24 PM »

"Seriously?" is the one who doesn't think Sarah Palin is a moron. I wouldn't take him "seriously." Seriously. 

..... But feel free to enlighten me again about how I'm a misogynist for calling Sarah Palin an idiot.

Wow.
Even the majority of Republicans know that Palin conducts herself like a dimwit/moron.
Are you serious, Seriously ?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies