FBI Director Comey press confrence - Update: Recommends no charges for Clinton
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 23, 2024, 02:45:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  FBI Director Comey press confrence - Update: Recommends no charges for Clinton
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
Author Topic: FBI Director Comey press confrence - Update: Recommends no charges for Clinton  (Read 8375 times)
Seriously?
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: July 05, 2016, 10:41:29 AM »

She deserved to be indicted because all that should be necessary is that confidential information was transmitted in an insecure manner. The intent is imputed. But it's OK. She's a Democrat in a Democrat administration. We expected her to get a pass.

Seriously? You're just an obese person from Georgia. You think that you, from your armchair, know better than the Republican head of the FBI?

Comey is a registered Republican who donated to U.S. Senator John McCain’s campaign in the 2008 presidential election and to Governor Mitt Romney’s campaign in the 2012 presidential election
Yeah. I am real obese, faux blue avatar.

Comey is about as much of a Republican as you are. His bosses are Democrats.

A Dog, to whom the butcher had thrown a bone, was hurrying home with his prize as fast as he could go. As he crossed a narrow footbridge, he happened to look down and saw himself reflected in the quiet water as if in a mirror. But the greedy Dog thought he saw a real Dog carrying a bone much bigger than his own.

If he had stopped to think he would have known better. But instead of thinking, he dropped his bone and sprang at the Dog in the river, only to find himself swimming for dear life to reach the shore. At last he managed to scramble out, and as he stood sadly thinking about the good bone he had lost, he realized what a stupid Dog he had been.
You're witty, faux blue avatar.
Darthpi – Anti-Florida Activist
darthpi
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -6.87

P P P
« Reply #76 on: July 05, 2016, 10:44:11 AM »

I think this wise Senator puts it best: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOOfwN0iYxM
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #77 on: July 05, 2016, 10:45:07 AM »

Pretty much this.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #78 on: July 05, 2016, 10:47:30 AM »

Went to Fox News on FB to amuse myself with the comments. As predicted a lot are recommending we arm for civil war. So like usual, a bunch of big mouths who make my head hurt.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #79 on: July 05, 2016, 10:51:42 AM »

To be expected.

Going to go troll r/s4p now.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #80 on: July 05, 2016, 10:52:26 AM »

Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« Reply #81 on: July 05, 2016, 10:55:45 AM »
« Edited: July 05, 2016, 10:57:29 AM by Ted Bessell, Bass God of the West »

FOX News analyst: "Richard Nixon was forced to resign for a lot less than this"

lol
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #82 on: July 05, 2016, 10:58:23 AM »

Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #83 on: July 05, 2016, 10:59:25 AM »

This Kabuki theater was laughable. As are the responses from the red avatars and the faux blue avatar from Colorado. Of course she wasn't going to be indicted. She's campaigning with Obama today. The fix was already in.

She deserved to be indicted because all that should be necessary is that confidential information was transmitted in an insecure manner. The intent is imputed. But it's OK. She's a Democrat in a Democrat administration. We expected her to get a pass.

Do you ever realize sometimes -- in your over-the-top enthusiastic zeal -- that sometimes you are just plain wrong?
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #84 on: July 05, 2016, 11:00:30 AM »

Sanders supporters are salty, to be sure.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #85 on: July 05, 2016, 11:00:47 AM »

At least the drama is finally over.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #86 on: July 05, 2016, 11:02:08 AM »

No harm, no foul. Carry on!
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #87 on: July 05, 2016, 11:03:20 AM »

I just said, we shouldn't have nominated Trump.
OK, but they did.  he represent everything that your party has become.  A farsh that masquerades as something better than what it really is, a boil on the ass of the country.
It was your party until like last month, don't act like you aren't partly to blame anymore than Classic Conservative or me.
Not really.  I've been a Rino for a lot of the time I've spent on Atlas.  Probably should have changed like 9 or 10 months ago, but didn't feel like doing it.  Not my fault your party nominated an idiot for President.

LOL!
Darthpi – Anti-Florida Activist
darthpi
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -6.87

P P P
« Reply #88 on: July 05, 2016, 11:04:27 AM »

This is the same level of reasoning as "The superdelegates don't vote until the convention!!11!"
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #89 on: July 05, 2016, 11:05:03 AM »

I, find it funny that you guys are celebrating your candidate not getting indicted when she was this close to getting indicted. It's pretty funny.

I find it funny that the GOP have nominated Trump
I find it sad, we had a much bigger and better field and we picked Trump.

Yup, any other candidate but Trump and probably Cruz/Carson would be up like 5-10 points now.
This is absolutely not true.
Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #90 on: July 05, 2016, 11:08:22 AM »

I'm worried about H.A. Goodman; he has posted nothing to his Twitter since the announcement.  Is he ok?
HAnnA MArin County
semocrat08
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #91 on: July 05, 2016, 11:09:53 AM »

Someone should check on jfern. I'm sure this was his last shred of hope that he was holding onto, waiting for an indictment and a possible Sanders coronation at the convention. RIP jfern.
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #92 on: July 05, 2016, 11:10:11 AM »

I don't think so. The one's who wanted Hillary indicted and in prison (such as Seriously?) will never let this go. Unfortunately.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #93 on: July 05, 2016, 11:11:17 AM »

How many Trumpsters were certain that she would be indicted? Guess you guys will have to find another path to victory.
HAnnA MArin County
semocrat08
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #94 on: July 05, 2016, 11:11:56 AM »

I don't think so. The one's who wanted Hillary indicted and in prison (such as Seriously?) will never let this go. Unfortunately.

"Seriously?" is the one who doesn't think Sarah Palin is a moron. I wouldn't take him "seriously." Seriously. 
Seriously?
United States

« Reply #95 on: July 05, 2016, 11:13:06 AM »

This Kabuki theater was laughable. As are the responses from the red avatars and the faux blue avatar from Colorado. Of course she wasn't going to be indicted. She's campaigning with Obama today. The fix was already in.

Do you ever realize sometimes -- in your over-the-top enthusiastic zeal -- that sometimes you are just plain wrong?
Ummm. No. My analysis is spot on. I am well aware of the legal standard for an indictment, probably way more than you are.

I am also well aware that the world of criminal justice operates on two levels: there's what the law is and then there's politics. Politics won out today.
HAnnA MArin County
semocrat08
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #96 on: July 05, 2016, 11:16:14 AM »

Ummm. No. My analysis is spot on. I am well aware of the legal standard for an indictment, probably way more than you are.

I am also well aware that the world of criminal justice operates on two levels: there's what the law is and then there's politics. Politics won out today.

Seriously?
United States

« Reply #97 on: July 05, 2016, 11:23:43 AM »

You obviously do not understand what I am saying here. I am smart enough to know how the real world works and fully understand that this is a non-referral for political reasons.

There is no way in hell that Trump or any Republican lets this go. It is and will remain a campaign issue. Even if Crooked Hillary! wasn't indicted, Trump can and will exploit how the decision to not indict is indicative of how the system is rigged.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #98 on: July 05, 2016, 11:24:39 AM »

Hillary for prison is a funny t-shirt and all, but some of you RW thugs continue to be completely terrible human beings
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #99 on: July 05, 2016, 11:25:35 AM »
« Edited: July 05, 2016, 11:29:22 AM by ProudModerate2 »

LOL.
You got a big head, Seriously.
First you know more than anybody about trump's businesses, his debt/income and past bankruptcies.
And now you know more than anyone about "legal standards for an indictment."
Also, the rest of us are just ignorant (ie trump supporters), because you are the ONLY ONE who is "smart enough to know how the real world works."
No wonder you are attached to trump at-the-hip ..... you both are sick with a severe case of narcissism.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies