FBI Director Comey press confrence - Update: Recommends no charges for Clinton
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 23, 2024, 05:03:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  FBI Director Comey press confrence - Update: Recommends no charges for Clinton
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7
Author Topic: FBI Director Comey press confrence - Update: Recommends no charges for Clinton  (Read 8383 times)
Chief Justice Keef
etr906
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: July 05, 2016, 10:28:26 AM »

While she will not be prosecuted over this, I think it's rather a pyrrhic victory for Hillary supporters because the evidence is very clear that she lied to the public for the past year, she acted irresponsibly, and she was far from cleared of wrongdoing.

Except that won't really matter because the networks are going to focus on the bigger story, which is that Hillary won't be facing criminal charges.
Seriously?
United States

« Reply #51 on: July 05, 2016, 10:28:36 AM »

This Kabuki theater was laughable. As are the responses from the red avatars and the faux blue avatar from Colorado. Of course she wasn't going to be indicted. She's campaigning with Obama today. The fix was already in.

She deserved to be indicted because all that should be necessary is that confidential information was transmitted in an insecure manner. The intent is imputed. But it's OK. She's a Democrat in a Democrat administration. We expected her to get a pass.
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #52 on: July 05, 2016, 10:28:55 AM »

I just said, we shouldn't have nominated Trump.
OK, but they did.  he represent everything that your party has become.  A farsh that masquerades as something better than what it really is, a boil on the ass of the country.
Chief Justice Keef
etr906
United States

« Reply #53 on: July 05, 2016, 10:29:53 AM »

I'm just listening to The Sound of Silence on repeat and imagining Trump's face throughout all this.
Seriously?
United States

« Reply #54 on: July 05, 2016, 10:30:04 AM »

While she will not be prosecuted over this, I think it's rather a pyrrhic victory for Hillary supporters because the evidence is very clear that she lied to the public for the past year, she acted irresponsibly, and she was far from cleared of wrongdoing.
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #55 on: July 05, 2016, 10:30:29 AM »

His statement can give Trump at least five powerful ads. He can go at any angle, can't miss.
Execpt it's Donald Trump, with his mexican rapists and Muslim bans.  Extremely careless can be put right back on him.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #56 on: July 05, 2016, 10:30:42 AM »

I, find it funny that you guys are celebrating your candidate not getting indicted when she was this close to getting indicted. It's pretty funny.

I find it funny that the GOP have nominated Trump
I find it sad, we had a much bigger and better field and we picked Trump.

Yup, any other candidate but Trump and probably Cruz/Carson would be up like 5-10 points now.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #57 on: July 05, 2016, 10:30:50 AM »

OK, but they did.  he represent everything that your party has become.  A farsh that masquerades as something better than what it really is, a boil on the ass of the country.
It was your party until like last month, don't act like you aren't partly to blame anymore than Classic Conservative or me.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #58 on: July 05, 2016, 10:30:57 AM »

Thanks god!
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #59 on: July 05, 2016, 10:31:06 AM »

I support what he says on trade, refugees and immigration. But, both parties could've picked someone that wasn't a 65+ year old rich white person from New York.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #60 on: July 05, 2016, 10:32:09 AM »

I support what he says on trade

In other words, you are no conservative at all.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #61 on: July 05, 2016, 10:32:30 AM »

This Kabuki theater was laughable. As are the responses from the red avatars and the faux blue avatar from Colorado. Of course she wasn't going to be indicted. She's campaigning with Obama today. The fix was already in.

She deserved to be indicted because all that should be necessary is that confidential information was transmitted in an insecure manner. The intent is imputed. But it's OK. She's a Democrat in a Democrat administration. We expected her to get a pass.

Even though Comey is a Republican who donated to McCain in 08 and Romney in 12.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #62 on: July 05, 2016, 10:34:17 AM »

Oh I agree that it's strange both parties have gone with people who are both ancient
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #63 on: July 05, 2016, 10:34:19 AM »

It was your party until like last month, don't act like you aren't partly to blame anymore than Classic Conservative or me.
Not really.  I've been a Rino for a lot of the time I've spent on Atlas.  Probably should have changed like 9 or 10 months ago, but didn't feel like doing it.  Not my fault your party nominated an idiot for President.
Seriously?
United States

« Reply #64 on: July 05, 2016, 10:34:27 AM »

Seriously? You're just an obese person from Georgia. You think that you, from your armchair, know better than the Republican head of the FBI?

Comey is a registered Republican who donated to U.S. Senator John McCain’s campaign in the 2008 presidential election and to Governor Mitt Romney’s campaign in the 2012 presidential election
Yeah. I am real obese, faux blue avatar.

Comey is about as much of a Republican as you are. His bosses are Democrats.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #65 on: July 05, 2016, 10:35:44 AM »

OK, but they did.  he represent everything that your party has become.  A farsh that masquerades as something better than what it really is, a boil on the ass of the country.

Not true at all. We had the moral fibre to say "enough is enough; we don't like what you've become; these aren't our values." You've decided to continue enabling it. The line is in the sand; you've picked your side and we've picked ours. And this time, there was pretty clearly a right answer. I'm sorry you can't see it, because it sadly says a lot about you.
Darthpi – Anti-Florida Activist
darthpi
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -6.87

P P P
« Reply #66 on: July 05, 2016, 10:35:51 AM »

So basically the conclusion is what it always seemed likely to be: the email setup was dumb, but not ultimately illegal.

Not great, but I can live with it.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #67 on: July 05, 2016, 10:36:37 AM »

His statement can give Trump at least five powerful ads. He can go at any angle, can't miss.

If TRUMP manages to raise any money to air ads that is.
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #68 on: July 05, 2016, 10:37:02 AM »

I support what he says on trade, refugees and immigration. But, both parties could've picked someone that wasn't a 65+ year old rich white person from New York.
No, not really.  no 65+ year old white guy from New York with zero political experience could have gone anywhere in my party. Even Bernie Sanders was a politician for many years, even if he got nothing done in the process.  Totally a Republican phenomenon
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #69 on: July 05, 2016, 10:37:35 AM »

So basically the conclusion is what it always seemed likely to be: the email setup was dumb, but not ultimately illegal.

Not great, but I can live with it.
No, it's clear that it was illegal, but it was not done with either criminal intent or at a scale so vast that she could be criminally prosecuted.
Panda Express

« Reply #70 on: July 05, 2016, 10:38:47 AM »

Seriously? You're just an obese person from Georgia. You think that you, from your armchair, know better than the Republican head of the FBI?

Comey is a registered Republican who donated to U.S. Senator John McCain’s campaign in the 2008 presidential election and to Governor Mitt Romney’s campaign in the 2012 presidential election
Yeah. I am real obese, faux blue avatar.

Comey is about as much of a Republican as you are. His bosses are Democrats.

A Dog, to whom the butcher had thrown a bone, was hurrying home with his prize as fast as he could go. As he crossed a narrow footbridge, he happened to look down and saw himself reflected in the quiet water as if in a mirror. But the greedy Dog thought he saw a real Dog carrying a bone much bigger than his own.

If he had stopped to think he would have known better. But instead of thinking, he dropped his bone and sprang at the Dog in the river, only to find himself swimming for dear life to reach the shore. At last he managed to scramble out, and as he stood sadly thinking about the good bone he had lost, he realized what a stupid Dog he had been.
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #71 on: July 05, 2016, 10:38:58 AM »

Not true at all. We had the moral fibre to say "enough is enough; we don't like what you've become; these aren't our values." You've decided to continue enabling it. The line is in the sand; you've picked your side and we've picked ours. And this time, there was pretty clearly a right answer. I'm sorry you can't see it, because it sadly says a lot about you.
We grew out of it.  Being gay for the both of us really opened our eyes on how backwards this party is.  When you feel persecution for the first time, it makes you angry, and wants to you try and stop the men and women who are doing the persecution, to all peoples.
Kevin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #72 on: July 05, 2016, 10:39:26 AM »

One thing this case has made clear to me is that Hillary Clinton is the OJ Simpson of politics.

I wonder if she will now dedicate her efforts towards finding "the real hackers."
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #73 on: July 05, 2016, 10:40:23 AM »

It's time to move on. For the sake of country.
john cage bubblegum

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: -6.96

« Reply #74 on: July 05, 2016, 10:41:08 AM »

Certainly this issue has been and will be one of the most effective Republican attacks on Clinton.  But the ridiculous amount of time this investigation has taken has already "baked" this controversy into public perception of Clinton, and it has already negatively affected her favorables.  

So ultimately, this was only going to matter if somehow this ended in criminal charges.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies