BREAKING: Rubio is Running Again!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 08, 2024, 03:50:10 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  BREAKING: Rubio is Running Again!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6
Author Topic: BREAKING: Rubio is Running Again!  (Read 5471 times)
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: June 24, 2016, 09:11:42 PM »

Rubio will pound the daylights out of Murphy. The reaction from Atlas Dems this November will be painful to watch.

Rubio is a once-in-a-generation political talent, while Murphy is a paper tiger.

The Democrats now have no path to winning the Senate.

You also said this about 20 times during the primary. How did that work out again?

I can't wait to see all the Rubio hacks cry when his name recognition induced lead evaporates in September. He could win, but in reality he's no more of a lock than CLC or DeSantis were (i.e. not at all.)
Attorney General & PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #101 on: June 25, 2016, 12:44:31 AM »

And as for the "no path without FL" claim, what about a path of IL+WI+NH+OH? Heck you can even get to a self-sufficient majority (51-49, 50-50 has to be supported by the VP at every turn so it isn't self-sufficient) if you add in Arizona or North Carolina.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #102 on: November 29, 2016, 10:17:16 AM »

Rubio will pound the daylights out of Murphy. The reaction from Atlas Dems this November will be painful to watch.

Rubio is a once-in-a-generation political talent, while Murphy is a paper tiger.

Wow, what an amazing, prophetic post. Thank you!
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #103 on: November 29, 2016, 10:27:14 AM »

Well, he’s such a talent that he got beaten badly by Christie at the debate and then humiliated by an orange clown in his home state. Rubio remains an empty suit.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #104 on: November 29, 2016, 10:28:39 AM »

Why are we talking in old threads???
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #105 on: November 29, 2016, 10:54:13 AM »

Well, he’s such a talent that he got beaten badly by Christie at the debate and then humiliated by an orange clown in his home state. Rubio remains an empty suit.
Wow, I don't appreciate your anti-Rubism!
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #106 on: November 29, 2016, 12:49:32 PM »

Murphy's campaign wasn't as bad as it has been made out to be, nor is Rubio as strong as he is made out to be. Rubio will never be President.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #107 on: November 29, 2016, 01:04:03 PM »

Well, the bad news for Flawless Beautiful Marco Purple heart Purple heart Purple heart is that the next chance he'll have to run for president is 2024, by which point he'll be old news.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #108 on: November 29, 2016, 03:44:21 PM »

Well, the bad news for Flawless Beautiful Marco Purple heart Purple heart Purple heart is that the next chance he'll have to run for president is 2024, by which point he'll be old news.

Was Reagan old news by 1976?
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #109 on: November 29, 2016, 03:49:07 PM »

No, but let's not pretend that Flawless Beautiful Marco Purple heart Purple heart Purple heart is the next Reagan. The Republican Party will be hyping new "rising stars" that will be elected in the next eight years by 2024. The 2010 Republicans will be mostly old news by then.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #110 on: November 29, 2016, 03:51:14 PM »

No, but let's not pretend that Flawless Beautiful Marco Purple heart Purple heart Purple heart is the next Reagan. The Republican Party will be hyping new "rising stars" that will be elected in the next eight years by 2024. The 2010 Republicans will be mostly old news by then.
^^^^
Rubio has nothing but his youth and charisma (I think he's a robotic bore, but he gets the usual suspects all hot and bothered with talk of "American Exceptionalism!"). In 2024, the new Rubio will be running, and Marco will be what Bobby Jindal was this time around in 2016.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #111 on: November 29, 2016, 04:04:11 PM »

^^^^
Rubio has nothing but his youth and charisma (I think he's a robotic bore, but he gets the usual suspects all hot and bothered with talk of "American Exceptionalism!"). In 2024, the new Rubio will be running, and Marco will be what Bobby Jindal was this time around in 2016.

By maybe with experience Rubio will gain a sense of gravitas and statedmenalike appea-

Lol
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #112 on: November 29, 2016, 06:25:01 PM »

Wow, you are so mean! Angry For Marco, if you read this, keep this in mind!

Cry
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #113 on: November 29, 2016, 06:34:50 PM »

Wow, everytime atlas doubts Marco, he proves you all wrong.  Keep climbing FBM!!!
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #114 on: November 29, 2016, 08:18:37 PM »

He didn't prove anyone wrong. A successful re-election due to a) bad candidates (Beruff and to a lesser extent Murphy), b) Trump coattails, and c) a media that was clearly in his favor along with Hillary have nothing

It doesn't change the fact that I have a dull, absent minded, power hungry, asshat clown as my Senator until he either whores himself out to a university if he becomes intelligent enough to realize that the party of Rubio is dead or is eventually put out of his political misery by any Democrat not named DWS, Lois Frankel, or Charlie Crist.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #115 on: November 30, 2016, 09:21:09 AM »

Wow, after Sanchez' rant I'm even happier I volunteered for FBM's re-election campaign!
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #116 on: November 30, 2016, 09:35:34 AM »

The anti-Rubio and pro-Rubio hacks are both equally obnoxious.

I'm as Pro-Rubio as one gets (without actually getting a fuzzy feeling in my pants)

I volunteered and interned for his presidential campaign
, I happily supported him for his re-election in Florida and I hope he runs for president, becomes VP or a Cabinet member in the future but he's not actually flawless. Nor is he a shoe-in for a future presidential run.

His debate performance was actually really bad against Christie. His flip flopping on a senate run was cringeworthy.

It is also of note that  no candidate - including Ted Cruz, Nikki Haley, Scott Walker, or others - are shoe-ins for future/potential pres runs.

This is politics, not a sporting event nor is it a beauty pageant. Also, as many of us know, Trump's election has and will continue to change our political system.

Moving onto the haters:

- I don't really see how he's so bad in many of your eyes. I can see why you seem him as an empty suit, why you can see him as an attention whore or a overhyped pretty boy but he's not even close to the "worst" the GOP has too offer.
- He's less of a neoconservative then Graham, McCain, Ayotte or even Burr.
- He's less of a social conservative then Cruz or Walker.
- He's not obnoxious on a personal level like Cruz or Christie.
- From a local GOP level, he benefits the FL GOP in ways Trump can't - aka with minorities (Hispanics/Latinos, Jews, LGBTs, Blacks etc...). Same goes for Republicans like George P. Bush in Texas.

TL;DR:

Rubio isn't the messiah but he's not satan either. Calm down.
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #117 on: November 30, 2016, 09:39:14 AM »

Trump coattails? Marco did 7 points better than Trump (who almost lost the state). And the media wasn't biased in favor of Rubio just because one news story exposed Murphy as a fraud.

Yea, no one can argue to me that Trump helped Rubio. Rubio's coalition of voters was different then Trump's.

Looking at Miami-Dade County and even Palm Beach County one can easily see this:

Rubio lost Miami-Dade 54-43 while Trump lost it 63-33.
Rubio lost Palm Beach 53-44 while Trump lost it 56-40
Rubio won like 17% of black voters
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #118 on: November 30, 2016, 10:28:00 AM »

I'm as Pro-Rubio as one gets (without actually getting a fuzzy feeling in my pants)

, I happily supported him for his re-election in Florida and I hope he runs for president, becomes VP or a Cabinet member in the future but he's not actually flawless. Nor is he a shoe-in for a future presidential run.

His debate performance was actually really bad against Christie. His flip flopping on a senate run was cringeworthy.

It is also of note that  no candidate - including Ted Cruz, Nikki Haley, Scott Walker, or others - are shoe-ins for future/potential pres runs.

This is politics, not a sporting event nor is it a beauty pageant. Also, as many of us know, Trump's election has and will continue to change our political system.

Moving onto the haters:

- I don't really see how he's so bad in many of your eyes. I can see why you seem him as an empty suit, why you can see him as an attention whore or a overhyped pretty boy but he's not even close to the "worst" the GOP has too offer.

- From a local GOP level, he benefits the FL GOP in ways Trump can't - aka with minorities (Hispanics/Latinos, Jews, LGBTs, Blacks etc...). Same goes for Republicans like George P. Bush in Texas.

TL;DR:

Rubio is quite socially conservative and assertive on foreign policy.  I'm not really sure what issues you are talking about, especially on social issues (I like Cruz, Walker, and Rubio all about equally).
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #119 on: November 30, 2016, 10:31:55 AM »

Moving onto the haters:

TL;DR:

Rubio is quite socially conservative and assertive on foreign policy.  I'm not really sure what issues you are talking about, especially on social issues (I like Cruz, Walker, and Rubio all about equally).

I'm referring to specific rhetoric usage. Cruz is much more aggressive and open about his social conservatism while Rubio is "social conservative with a smile and a hug."

Also, yes, he is very much a foreign policy hawk/neoconservative but he's not John McCain or Lindsey Graham.

Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #120 on: November 30, 2016, 10:59:19 AM »

Moving onto the haters:

TL;DR:

I'm referring to specific rhetoric usage. Cruz is much more aggressive and open about his social conservatism while Rubio is "social conservative with a smile and a hug."

Also, yes, he is very much a foreign policy hawk/neoconservative but he's not John McCain or Lindsey Graham.

He would roll back LGBT rights while smiling and hugging. Nice guy FF! Smiley
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #121 on: November 30, 2016, 11:16:33 AM »

Any actual evidence of this or is the LGBT community again going after the wrong people?

Trump clearly never cared about revoking LGBT rights and his statements clearly mirror that. I believe Rubio is from the same school of thought on this. Rubio opposes Pro-LGBT equality measures but won't go out of his way to revoke them.

If people think that this is somehow the same thing as Ted Cruz's or Mike Pence's firebreathing anti-LGBT views then they are misguided.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #122 on: November 30, 2016, 11:57:06 AM »

Nuance is not appropriate in this case, Sunrise. Everything less than complete and utter exultation over Rubio's existence is a crime against humanity.
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #123 on: November 30, 2016, 12:00:23 PM »

Nuance is not appropriate in this case, Sunrise. Everything less than complete and utter exultation over Rubio's existence is a crime against humanity.

lmaooo ok bruh haha
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #124 on: November 30, 2016, 12:01:25 PM »

lmaooo ok bruh haha
Looking forward to visiting you in The Hague!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies