DBC News. Whether we're right or wrong...IT'S NEWS!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 02:34:35 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  DBC News. Whether we're right or wrong...IT'S NEWS!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5
Author Topic: DBC News. Whether we're right or wrong...IT'S NEWS!  (Read 12026 times)
Demrepdan

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 22, 2004, 07:25:01 PM »
« edited: April 27, 2004, 01:52:34 AM by Attorney General Demrepdan »

DBC News (Dan Broadcasting Company) has now officially opened as a major News Network at the Atlas Forum. At first, DBC News was a small independent chain of broadcasting networks (back during the first election) but now it has spawned and spread all over the United States, and now has SEVERAL affiliates. DBC News is now the fastest growing news network at the forum. For fair and balanced coverage, come to DBC News. The fastest news network at the Forum. Whether we're right, or wrong.....IT'S NEWS!
Demrepdan

« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2004, 07:25:56 PM »

DBC News reports that Secretary of Forum Affairs Demrepdan will soon be making a speech about his Senate campaign in the third district. And here he is now....

Ladies and Gentleman. I'm not going to spend too much time making a speech. So let me first say, that I began my bid for the Senate, in hopes of being one of the first Senators who will be able to establish the Senate as it will be for many years to come. I also wanted to help establish the new regions and districts. However, I believe that for the time being, I will best be able to preform my full capabilities in the cabinet. Therefore I effectively drop out of the Senate race. I may at a later time, announce that I will once again run for the Senate, and when that day comes I hope to have much of your support.

I also thank those of you who endorsed me and supported me in this campaign. A campaign in which I spent $0 on, and no campaign effort. It now seems apparent that Beef (who has not posted at the Fantasy Elections threads for quite some time) will win the Senate race, unless some a write-in candidate wins. When Beef wins, I wish him all the best and hope he will serve the third district well. God bless you all, God bless America, and God bless the Atlas Forum. Goodnight.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2004, 07:33:17 PM »

Dan, Sad Your moderate and dedicated presence will be sorely missed in the Senate chamber. I am sure that you will continue to be a great secretary of forum affairs, however. If you ever decide to seek a Senate seat, you will have my 100% support.
Demrepdan

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2004, 07:36:11 PM »

Dan, Sad Your moderate and dedicated presence will be sorely missed in the Senate chamber. I am sure that you will continue to be a great secretary of forum affairs, however. If you ever decide to seek a Senate seat, you will have my 100% support.

Thank you.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2004, 07:40:23 PM »

POLLS FOR TOMORROW'S RACE? PRESIDENT NYM'S RACE?
PBrunsel
Junior Chimp

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2004, 07:46:38 PM »

Any ideas on the Midwest Governor's Race?
Fmr. Gov. NickG
NickG
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -3.49

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2004, 08:11:47 PM »

I'm guessing you will still win this race Dan; with Beef having disappeared, I don't see him getting many votes and you have strong bipartisan support.

I suppose you could resign your seat...since it is a district seat, we would have a by-election, right?  That might be a close race.   But of course, it is up again in June, so maybe it would just stay vacant.
Demrepdan

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2004, 10:02:52 PM »

I'm guessing you will still win this race Dan; with Beef having disappeared, I don't see him getting many votes and you have strong bipartisan support.

I suppose you could resign your seat...since it is a district seat, we would have a by-election, right?  That might be a close race.   But of course, it is up again in June, so maybe it would just stay vacant.

If I DID win.....I could just....refuse to serve....which can be done. I don't have to be sworn in and then resign. The seat would just stay vacant. But I'm supporting Texasgurl....so I hope she will win...over Beef or me.  Especially Beef. Wink

By the way....if for ANY reason this (or any other district seat) becomes vacant....we must have a special election (or by-election).....because all districts seats are NOT up again in June.....Regional seats are.....
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2004, 10:24:53 PM »

If and when I become a Supreme Court Justice, I fully endorse DemRepDan as the next Atlas Forum Attorney General.
Fmr. Gov. NickG
NickG
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -3.49

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2004, 10:48:26 PM »

If I DID win.....I could just....refuse to serve....which can be done. I don't have to be sworn in and then resign. The seat would just stay vacant. But I'm supporting Texasgurl....so I hope she will win...over Beef or me.  Especially Beef. Wink

By the way....if for ANY reason this (or any other district seat) becomes vacant....we must have a special election (or by-election).....because all districts seats are NOT up again in June.....Regional seats are.....

Yes...you are right, it's the Regional seats that are elected at the same time as the President.

But we have a new viable candidate now, so it probably won't matter.

I endorse TexasGurl as a write-in for District 3!
ShapeShifter

« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2004, 10:38:20 AM »

DemrepDan, you would had made a great senator. However, there is always good in the bad. Smiley
Demrepdan

« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2004, 01:50:23 AM »
« Edited: April 24, 2004, 02:07:59 AM by Forum Affairs Secretary Demrepdan »

After the FIRST day of voting has completed......DBC News now has the election returns for Senate seats.

For Districts...

District 1: Emsworth (P-MA) 100%
District 2: Michael Z (D-DC) 75%; Reaganfan (R-OH) 25%
District 3: Texasgurl24 (P-WI) 100%
District 4: M (R-TX) 100%
District 5: StevenNick99 (R-WA) 50%; Lewis Trondheim (P-OR) 25%; Apostle (JC-WA) 25%

For Regions...

Western: John F. Kennedy (D-CA) 75%; "Jesus" (JC-WA) 25%
Southeast: StatesRights (R-FL) 100%
Midwest: Hughento (D-IA) 60%; WMS (I-NM) 20% jravnsbo (R-MN) 20%
Mideast: Beet (D-MD) 87.5%; Reaganfan (R-OH) 12.5%
Northeast: Shapeshifter (P-NY) 82%; Justin (R-NH) 18%
dunn

« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2004, 03:09:21 AM »

After the FIRST day of voting has completed......DBC News now has the election returns for Senate seats.

For Districts...

District 5: StevenNick99 (R-WA) 50%; Lewis Trondheim (P-OR) 25%; Apostle (JC-WA) 25%

For Regions...

DAN
Apostle CAN NOT even vote!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Demrepdan

« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2004, 03:16:56 AM »

For Districts...

For Regions...

DAN

There's nothing in the Constitution saying you must be a registered voter in order to be eligble to a postion. Apostle has met all requirements to be a Senator....and even though he can't vote (which is still under debate)....there is nothing stoping bgwah's vote for Apostle....to be counted as valid. That's the only vote he'll be getting though...so you don't have to worry about him...I'm more worried about that people are forgeting to vote for Lewis...
dunn

« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2004, 03:27:53 AM »

For Districts...

For Regions...

DAN

There's nothing in the Constitution saying you must be a registered voter in order to be eligble to a postion. Apostle has met all requirements to be a Senator....and even though he can't vote (which is still under debate)....there is nothing stoping bgwah's vote for Apostle....to be counted as valid. That's the only vote he'll be getting though...so you don't have to worry about him...I'm more worried about that people are forgeting to vote for Lewis...
Dan
The constitution does not talk about write-in either...but if we requierd 18 posts and registering for a voter and 30 for a senator it's goes without saying he must be registered, we might want to specify that.

Clause 4. Only registered voters may vote at the forum. Registration will always remain open, accordingly, voters may register at anytime, but must register at least ten days before any election in order to partake in the election. Forum Members must declare their state within their post of registration. The person may be allowed to change their state of registration, however, if a change of states is not made within ten days of the election, the state from which they were originally registered shall be the state from which their vote is cast.  No one who has attained eighteen posts, is an active member of the forum, and has established an avatar from the United States for at least the time span of the election shall be denied the right to vote. An active member is defined as a person who has participated in other threads at the forum and has not joined for the purpose of trolling.

Clause 5. All candidates must register their name to be placed on the ballot twenty days before the general election, and they must also inform the public of which political party they are affiliated with.

Demrepdan

« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2004, 03:44:05 AM »
« Edited: April 24, 2004, 03:46:49 AM by Forum Affairs Secretary Demrepdan »

Dan
The constitution does not talk about write-in either...but if we requierd 18 posts and registering for a voter and 30 for a senator it's goes without saying he must be registered, we might want to specify that.

True, he SHOULD be registered. But just as it is in real life.....the age you can vote is 18...the age you can run for Senate is 30. You can be an unregistered 30 year old...and STILL run for Senate....and there's nothing stopping you. However, you're right....the idea that you should be a registered voter is "implied"...so I won't argue with you too much there.

HOWEVER, I will argue with you about the "write-ins". I know it doesn't say anything about "write-ins" in the Constitution. Just because it isn't IN the Constitution....doesn't mean it's illegal. I made a slight "loophole"...partly by mistake...and then once I caught it...I let it go. Loopholes are fun Wink. But anyway......it says...in the case of Senators:

Article I, Section 6.

Clause 1. Senate Elections shall occur every two months, at which time half of the Senate members will have their seats up for election. Regional Senatorial elections shall occur during the same time as the Presidential Election and a midterm election shall be held to elect the other half of the Senate body which represents the districts. All candidates who wish to have their name placed on the ballot must register as a candidate at least twenty days before the general election and state their political party affiliation.

In the case of President:

Article II, Section 2.

Clause 2. All candidates who wish to have their name placed on the ballot must register as a candidate at least twenty days before the general election and state who their Vice Presidential running mate will be as well as their political party affiliation. Elections shall be held in the months of February, June, and October.

And in the case for EVERY election:

Article V

Clause 5. All candidates must register their name to be placed on the ballot twenty days before the general election, and they must also inform the public of which political party they are affiliated with.

Those are all clauses dealing with elections (concerning name's on the ballot...and registering 20 days before the election). And all it says is that you must declare your candidacy 20 days before the election in order for your name to be placed on the BALLOT. It doesn't say that "if you're name is not on the ballot...then you can not be voted for."

It's a SLIGHT loophole...(if you even want to call it that). But.....ultimately it DOES make "write-ins" totally constitutional.
dunn

« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2004, 03:47:02 AM »

I am for the write-in, just said that it wasn't there
Demrepdan

« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2004, 03:49:57 AM »

Oh ok.....but again...just because things aren't in the constitution...doesn't make them illegal.
dunn

« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2004, 03:58:13 AM »

Oh ok.....but again...just because things aren't in the constitution...doesn't make them illegal.
true, but we need to play by our rules - constitutional ones and common fair play ones
Demrepdan

« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2004, 06:37:31 PM »

true, but we need to play by our rules - constitutional ones and common fair play ones

lol. Spoken like a true bureaucrat ... Wink
dunn

« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2004, 06:39:09 PM »

lol. Spoken like a true bureaucrat ... Wink
just a fair player
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Moderators
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2004, 06:41:08 PM »

just wait till i get my claws into it Sad grrrrrrrr
dunn

« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2004, 06:42:55 PM »

just wait till i get my claws into it Sad grrrrrrrr
can't wait!
Demrepdan

« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2004, 08:46:16 PM »

DBC Breaking News...we now go LIVE to Secretary of Forum Affairs Demrepdan........

My fellow forum members. We now face a new era at the forum. An era in which a Senate is in place. An era in which we have a ratified Constitution. With this new changing era, several other things change as well. Therefor, I shall resign the office of Secretary of Forum Affairs, effective immediately. It has been MY honor...and MY privilege....to serve you in this position. And I hope that I have done my very best to better the forum, as I have so desperately attempted to do. Goodnight...and God bless our Forum.
Emsworth
Lord Emsworth
Junior Chimp

« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2004, 08:48:08 PM »

DBC Breaking News...we now go LIVE to Secretary of Forum Affairs Demrepdan........

My fellow forum members. We now face a new era at the forum. An era in which a Senate is in place. An era in which we have a ratified Constitution. With this new changing era, several other things change as well. Therefor, I shall resign the office of Secretary of Forum Affairs, effective immediately. It has been MY honor...and MY privilege....to serve you in this position. And I hope that I have done my very best to better the forum, as I have so desperately attempted to do. Goodnight...and God bless our Forum.
Things are changing quickly. Well, good luck in whatever position you go on to hold.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies