Republicans only.....Would you join Republicans for Clinton?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 03, 2024, 09:52:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Republicans only.....Would you join Republicans for Clinton?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Poll
Question: Republicans only.....Would you join Republicans for Clinton?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 40

Author Topic: Republicans only.....Would you join Republicans for Clinton?  (Read 1590 times)
You don't see any blue avatars now
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2016, 07:13:53 PM »

She will probably end up doing worse with Republicans than Hillary...

She'll do worse with Republicans than herself?

Well, assuming she votes for herself and gets 7% of Republicans, she'll do 93% worse with Republicans than herself.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2016, 07:32:53 PM »

She will probably end up doing worse with Republicans than Hillary...

She'll do worse with Republicans than herself?

Well, assuming she votes for herself and gets 7% of Republicans, she'll do 93% worse with Republicans than herself.

Good point.  In fact, following that logic, I expect her to do worse with every single demographic group than she does with herself.  She just can't win!
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #27 on: June 02, 2016, 08:08:14 PM »

No.  Trump is an embarrassment that is trying to take the party in an alarming and, quite frankly, demagogue-like direction, a direction in which any normal person would be ashamed to be associated with.

However, that doesn't make Hillary any better, even if the reasons she's terrible are entirely different.

If Hillary were actually this Wall Street loving moderate free-trader (or, really, anything resembling a moderate) that she is in the delusions of desperate Bernie supporters, she'd have my vote.  But she's not.

Johnson it is.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #28 on: June 02, 2016, 09:41:08 PM »

Maybe... I change my mind on who I'm supporting almost every other day and depending on what article I'm reading.  I want to like Hillary, but she needs to go back to her 2008 self.  I like that Trump manages to piss off a lot of bad people, but he could do so much damage to our image around the world and severely damage NATO, so it's a big risk.  I'm hopeful that once the campaign ramps up Hillary sheds her progressive image and returns to her super-predator roots.  If that happens I'll be happy.
Clark Kent
ClarkKent
United States

« Reply #29 on: June 02, 2016, 10:24:08 PM »
« Edited: June 03, 2016, 09:08:28 AM by Senator Kent »

She's much better than trump, who is a liar, a poor businessman, a draft dodger, a rapist, and a Nazi. However, she's still a liberal, and was a poor SoS. I'll vote for French or Johnson, but not for Hillary.
Mr. Illini
liberty142
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -3.30

« Reply #30 on: June 02, 2016, 10:59:57 PM »

Maybe... I change my mind on who I'm supporting almost every other day and depending on what article I'm reading.  I want to like Hillary, but she needs to go back to her 2008 self.  I like that Trump manages to piss off a lot of bad people, but he could do so much damage to our image around the world and severely damage NATO, so it's a big risk.  I'm hopeful that once the campaign ramps up Hillary sheds her progressive image and returns to her super-predator roots.  If that happens I'll be happy.

Pretty likely
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #31 on: June 02, 2016, 11:06:27 PM »

Absolutely not. I am not with her and will not be so anytime this cycle .

That being said, I am also opposed to Trump, and currently opposed to Johnson and the Constitution Party.

I've acknowledged that the GOP and the conservative movement die if Trump is elected President, but voting for Hillary is literally moronic if you are a Republican. There is no better side in this.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #32 on: June 02, 2016, 11:13:02 PM »

That being said, I am also opposed to Trump, and currently opposed to Johnson and the Constitution Party.

I've acknowledged that the GOP and the conservative movement die if Trump is elected President, but voting for Hillary is literally moronic if you are a Republican. There is no better side in this.
If you think conservatism dies with Trump, then how can you not vote for Hillary? She won't kill conservatism, she IS conservative.
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #33 on: June 02, 2016, 11:15:40 PM »

So, who will you vote for?
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #34 on: June 02, 2016, 11:16:31 PM »

If you think conservatism dies with Trump, then how can you not vote for Hillary? She won't kill conservatism, she IS conservative.

She most certainly not a conservative. Being a moderate liberal and/or centrist does not make one a conservative.

I have always said I could vote for the right type of democrat for president, but last I checked...Hillary hasn't become Joe Manchin, Joe Lieberman, Scoop Jackson or Daniel Patrick Moynihan overnight.

SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #35 on: June 02, 2016, 11:19:41 PM »

So, who will you vote for?

No idea. Maybe French if I want to throw my vote away into obscurity, or I might bite the bullet for Johnson. If I was still involved with the local and state party (in PA...obviously not VA as I just got here lol) I think my position on this race would be somewhat different. I am quietly opposing Trump while supporting downticket races.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #36 on: June 02, 2016, 11:19:53 PM »

She most certainly not a conservative. Being a moderate liberal and/or centrist does not make one a conservative.

I have always said I could vote for the right type of democrat for president, but last I checked...Hillary hasn't become Joe Manchin, Joe Lieberman, Scoop Jackson or Daniel Patrick Moynihan overnight.

She is the best option on the table because at the end of her 4 years we will still have NATO and moral authority. Trump will endanger American supremacy.
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #37 on: June 02, 2016, 11:22:31 PM »

She is the best option on the table because at the end of her 4 years we will still have NATO and moral authority. Trump will endanger American supremacy.

There are enough Democrats and Independents (and apparently Hillary Repubs) you can go talk to about electing Hillary. I, however, will not do that.

Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #38 on: June 02, 2016, 11:26:08 PM »

There are enough Democrats and Independents (and apparently Hillary Repubs) you can go talk to about electing Hillary. I, however, will not do that.

Even Israel, your sacred cow, will be better off under Hillary.
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #39 on: June 02, 2016, 11:31:20 PM »

Why do you think I am not voting for Trump? His foreign policy is atrocious, his stance on NATO is beyond insanity at this point, his stance on Israel is pathetically weak, his national security stances on issues like PATRIOT Act and wiretapping are likely also atrocious. He's against free trade and he's not Pro-Life.

That doesn't automatically translate into a vote for Hillary.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #40 on: June 02, 2016, 11:40:00 PM »

Why do you think I am not voting for Trump? His foreign policy is atrocious, his stance on NATO is beyond insanity at this point, his stance on Israel is pathetically weak, his national security stances on issues like PATRIOT Act and wiretapping are likely also atrocious. He's against free trade and he's not Pro-Life.

Do you realize that one of Trump and Hillary is going to be our next President? Some third party nobody does not have a chance in hell. That means you are going to eventually vote for the lesser evil. You've just laid out the reasons why Trump and Hillary are not just as bad as each other.
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #41 on: June 02, 2016, 11:45:25 PM »

Explain to me why I have to vote the way you and others think I should? A third party vote is a safe vote for a disillusioned Republican who also dislikes Hillary.

I can also name multiple things about Hillary that I dislike more then about Trump.

1. Her flip flops bother me more then Trump's because Trump is an entertainer/almost certain-narcissist...she is not either.
2. Her stance on Israel is slightly less concerning but still not great.
3. Her opposition to the TPP is unacceptable.
4. She's pro-choice.
5. Her email scandal + her role in the benghazi scandal (the latter doesn't bother me as much, but still)
6. Her support for raising the minimum wage.
7. If she wins she likely gets at least the senate with her.
8. Trump would be tougher on radical islam then she would be, imo.

Again, for me...neither candidate is likely to get my vote. 
Attorney General & PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P
« Reply #42 on: June 02, 2016, 11:51:37 PM »

Do you realize that one of Trump and Hillary is going to be our next President? Some third party nobody does not have a chance in hell. That means you are going to eventually vote for the lesser evil. You've just laid out the reasons why Trump and Hillary are not just as bad as each other.

No one is forced to vote for one major party or the other. Heck, if Clinton does something intolerable (like picking Warren for VP), I'll vote for Johnson.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #43 on: June 03, 2016, 12:23:55 AM »

A vote for a third party is a vote for TRUMP.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #44 on: June 03, 2016, 12:45:58 AM »

Shame on all you "republicans".
Slow Learner
Battenberg
United Kingdom

« Reply #45 on: June 03, 2016, 12:46:16 AM »

She's much better than 'size=6pt]trump[/size], who is a liar, a poor businessman, a draft dodger, a rapist, and a Nazi. However, she's still a liberal, and was a poor SoS. I'll vote for French or Johnson, but not for Hillary.
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #46 on: June 03, 2016, 12:48:09 AM »

A vote for a third party is a vote for TRUMP.

I live in Washington, so Hillary is pretty much guaranteed to win here anyway.
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #47 on: June 03, 2016, 01:10:12 AM »

I'm not the one advocating a vote for Hillary Clinton, so you should direct that at yourself.
Tartarus Sauce
United States

« Reply #48 on: June 03, 2016, 09:47:14 AM »

Now that's an interesting turn of events.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #49 on: June 03, 2016, 10:13:31 AM »

Write-In Batman > Gary Johnson > Write-In Someone else > Spoiled Ballot > Trump > Hillary Clinton
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies