The South will rise again. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:45:54 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The South will rise again. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The South will rise again.  (Read 28688 times)
Deep Dixieland Senator, Muad'dib (OSR MSR)
Muaddib
Australia

« on: April 17, 2019, 06:07:36 AM »

Muaddib
Australia

« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2019, 06:48:55 AM »

The right to freedom of expression should be absolute.
What do you define as hate speech? Do people have the right to say whatever they want? What if anything should government, society and other individuals do to prevent, respond to and or combat hate speech?

"Hate speech" can be and is interpreted in a few different ways depending on who you ask. I'm not gonna bother trying to come up with a definition for it, because the right to free speech should be absolute, no buts and no matter how hateful or offensive it may be. Sure, there are plenty of things people would be better off not saying, but unless actual crimes are committed there's no reason to restrict it.
I agree with Representative MB 100%.

Reopening old wounds however isn't necessarily the best course of action. Sometimes one should let sleeping dogs lie.

Quote from:  1 Corinthians 10:23 (New International Version)
"I have the right to do anything," you say--but not everything is beneficial. "I have the right to do anything"--but not everything is constructive.

I don't expect to win anyone over. But people really need to harden up a little. You will never get along with everyone. Maybe not responding to sh!t might be the best course of action in some cases. Maybe you can say "okay so and so is a 'so and so', and therefore because so and so is a 'so and so' they can just be a 'so and so' I don't give a flying continental what they say."

Now i'm sure I've offended everyone who want to read into what I've just written as some kind of personal attack or whatever, they are the ones who are looking to be offended. I am not here to police speech. I am here to play a game.

I've seen Fhtagn called a C-Bomb. You know what? She doesn't give a flying continental. She's got more personal resilience than 90% of the blokes and most likely every woman in this game.

Muaddib
Australia

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2019, 11:38:25 AM »

You're southern speaker, Muaddib. What have you done to assist one of your constituents with his ballot issues?

Did you ever PM said constituent? Did you ever make an attempt to resolve the issue to everyone's satisfaction?

Or did you just sit there with your thumb up your butt? This is what's called, 'accountability'. I know you're not happy that I'm not just giving you a pass and electing you because well, "you're apparently on my team".

You didn't vote to put me back on the ballot, so why on earth should I make the effort to put you on said ballot?

I figure that since you did nothing for six months that warrants me treating your sudden "interest" in me the same way.

You might not think that's right or fair, but that's on you, not me.

Ben, I have no wish to get in a public slanging match. I've DM you. We're both blokes. We don't need to air our proverbial dirty laundry out in public. I'll be happy to have a robust discussion via DM. Fair enough?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies