The South will rise again.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 04, 2024, 11:43:24 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The South will rise again.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 ... 21
Author Topic: The South will rise again.  (Read 29838 times)
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #225 on: January 28, 2017, 03:37:09 AM »

Posting PM"s is not impeachable but I will note it is against the site's terms of service.
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #226 on: January 28, 2017, 03:40:34 AM »

I don't make the rules, Diptherian. Perhaps you should follow them?
diptheriadan

« Reply #227 on: January 28, 2017, 03:43:52 AM »

I don't make the rules, Diptherian. Perhaps you should follow them?

Oh...I think I know what you're talking about now. I apologize. If you'd like, I'll take it down.
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #228 on: February 17, 2017, 11:29:58 AM »

I am going to be on vacation for 9 days. I wish all of you the best! Smiley

Take care everybody!!
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #229 on: March 04, 2017, 04:07:00 PM »

I'm finally back as Southern Speaker. Smiley It's been a long journey from the wilderness.

I want to encourage all the citizens of the South to come and visit me at the ranch! We've got the best catering too.
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #230 on: March 09, 2017, 01:06:13 AM »

BenKenobi - for his activity and engagement in the Southern Chamber of Delegates

Aww. I just noticed this now. Thank you very much. Yankee! Smiley
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #231 on: March 15, 2017, 02:04:09 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

As we can see the full Laborite agenda is out for all to see. Labor wants to restore the income tax that we just removed from all the citizens of the south.

Do you want this? It is clear that Labor has no respect for the people in the south and the laws so recently passed.

Please send your petitions to your labor delegates to inform them that you do not want them to restore the income tax!

Let the people keep their hard earned dollars!

Don't let Labor sell you into slavery again!
JustinTimeCuber
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.78

« Reply #232 on: March 15, 2017, 02:07:50 PM »

As we can see the full Laborite agenda is out for all to see. Labor wants to restore the income tax that we just removed from all the citizens of the south.

Do you want this? It is clear that Labor has no respect for the people in the south and the laws so recently passed.

Please send your petitions to your labor delegates to inform them that you do not want them to restore the income tax!

Let the people keep their hard earned dollars!

Don't let Labor sell you into slavery again!
Delegate, that's not an income tax.

Don't let ACP lie to you again!
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #233 on: March 15, 2017, 02:40:06 PM »

Right. Why do you want this information?
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #234 on: March 15, 2017, 03:45:20 PM »

Since Bliar has kicked me out of the Labor thread...

[quote[
If you cut of funding for contraception, family planning services and education, whilst also stopping advocacy work to change the most strident abortion rules (like those in El Salvador) then the amount of abortions are going to increase
[/quote]

Which is why the rate of abortion drastically increases after legalization? Please. All this was refuted years ago by the good Dr. Nathanson. Nathanson admitted to lying when he made this argument, and he would know because he's the one who introduced this argument to Planned parenthood.
JustinTimeCuber
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #235 on: March 15, 2017, 04:45:42 PM »

Transparency in business, isn't that good for capitalism?
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #236 on: March 15, 2017, 09:52:48 PM »

Oh. If it's about regulating businesses, why do you want information regarding what they pay their employees?

It's pretty clear to me that the only reason you want this information is so that you can identify what people make. Thankfully in the south, people aren't required to report their income, and they are free to make as much as they want without the state telling them they make too much.

So tell me, if the people of the South wanted no income tax, why are you trying to take that away?
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #237 on: March 15, 2017, 10:01:28 PM »
« Edited: March 15, 2017, 10:04:19 PM by Delegate-Elect J_American »

Oh. If it's about regulating businesses, why do you want information regarding what they pay their employees?

It's pretty clear to me that the only reason you want this information is so that you can identify what people make. Thankfully in the south, people aren't required to report their income, and they are free to make as much as they want without the state telling them they make too much.

So tell me, if the people of the South wanted no income tax, why are you trying to take that away?

Speaking as the delegate-elect who wrote the bill you quoted, I believe it is best for me to respond and clear up any misunderstandings.

I did not write that section of the proposed legislation with any intention of collecting income information for the purpose of instituting an income tax. You may notice the wording specifically states the income of the positions within the business or organization - not the income of any individual (although I accept that an unintended consequence could be the revelation of certain personal incomes). These are incomes of each position for the sole purpose of determining the difference between the highest paid employee and the lowest paid employee; aside from the documentation of the incomes at each end of the spectrum, the rest of the income information will remain anonymous and be presented as median income for each defined position within the business or organization.

I will be happy to address any concerns you, and others, have regarding this issue during the amendment process if you reach out to me.
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #238 on: March 15, 2017, 10:14:17 PM »
« Edited: March 15, 2017, 10:16:48 PM by IDS Speaker Ben Kenobi »

If the effect is truly unintended, then you should be willing to excise that portion of the bill.

We just abolished income tax. Really, if you're trying not to be adversarial, it would be nice if you weren't immediately attacking existing legislation.

The bill as worded has serious flaws. I suggest addressing them before it comes into the chamber. Many southern citizens are alarmed by the bill's attack on their hard-won freedoms.
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #239 on: March 15, 2017, 10:47:33 PM »

If the effect is truly unintended, then you should be willing to excise that portion of the bill.

I will review the wording of that specific section to consider possible alterations for the guarantee of privacy of personal incomes. However, it cannot be completely excised as it would render the remainder of the bill pointless since there would be no way to determine income disparities in businesses and organizations.

We just abolished income tax. Really, if you're trying not to be adversarial, it would be nice if you weren't immediately attacking existing legislation. [/quote]

It is not my intention to be adversarial, but I was elected because Southerners support my beliefs and respect my judgments. Obviously, not everyone will be happy with my proposals, but I am doing what I firmly believe is best. But again, I must reiterate that this is not a tax; this is a regulation to be imposed upon Southern employers for the purpose of limiting the unreasonable disparities between the top and bottom earners. It is my firm conviction that we, as citizens and as humans, need not rely upon the market to set all prices and wages; we, too, as workers, shall have a say in determining our wages.

The bill as worded has serious flaws. I suggest addressing them before it comes into the chamber. Many southern citizens are alarmed by the bill's attack on their hard-won freedoms.
[/quote]

I will address the concerns regarding the privacy of individual incomes, but the fundamentals of the legislation shall remain. If you would like to discuss the specifics of that, I am willing to hear your arguments and proposals for ways to improve it.
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #240 on: March 16, 2017, 01:44:47 AM »

Sure there are.

Publicly traded companies are required to disclose all manner of financial information, including CEO salary, and generally the salary of upper management and the board of directors.

Your bill as worded actually violates constitutional protections governing privately traded companies.
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #241 on: March 16, 2017, 01:59:19 AM »

Sure there are.

Publicly traded companies are required to disclose all manner of financial information, including CEO salary, and generally the salary of upper management and the board of directors.

Your bill as worded actually violates constitutional protections governing privately traded companies.

As long as the disparity within a business or organization can be determined for a cap to be effective, then I'm perfectly content completely removing that specific section of my legislation.
JustinTimeCuber
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #242 on: March 16, 2017, 08:42:47 AM »

Why not just have the companies publish their highest wage and their lowest wage? Everyone inbetween doesn't matter when it comes to making sure that's less than a 2900% difference.
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #243 on: March 16, 2017, 10:42:02 PM »

Fair enough.
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #244 on: March 16, 2017, 10:43:39 PM »

For one, private companies could not be compelled to release said information. Public companies already do. Two, there's little point to publish the lowest wage vs the median income which is much more informative and actually useful to assess CEO compensation.
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #245 on: April 23, 2017, 10:27:52 PM »

I am announcing that the ACP is going to release our third party plank, in opposition to the legalization of Marijuana and Cocaine, tomorrow.
JustinTimeCuber
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #246 on: April 23, 2017, 10:30:07 PM »

"Conservative" being completely distorted by ACP to mean "anti-freedom". Freedom to do whatever you want with your own body as long as you aren't hurting anyone else.
diptheriadan

« Reply #247 on: April 23, 2017, 10:31:46 PM »

"Conservative" being completely distorted by ACP to mean "anti-freedom". Freedom to do whatever you want with your own body as long as you aren't hurting anyone else.

I believe that's called "Libertarianism". By the way, why do you care?
JustinTimeCuber
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #248 on: April 23, 2017, 10:32:57 PM »

I believe that's called "Libertarianism". By the way, why do you care?
I just thought they wanted us to think "conservative" means "pro-freedom", that's all.
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #249 on: April 23, 2017, 10:37:23 PM »

Presumably you support leaving those who overdose to die on the street?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 ... 21  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies