Sanders/Trump agree to debate UPDATE: Trump won't do it
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:08:55 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Sanders/Trump agree to debate UPDATE: Trump won't do it
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8
Author Topic: Sanders/Trump agree to debate UPDATE: Trump won't do it  (Read 8993 times)
Bull Moose Base

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: May 26, 2016, 10:08:44 AM »

Hahahaha!!! The senile old fart from Vermont was fooled again.
What an embarrassment. Imagine him running in the general.

https://twitter.com/SopanDeb/status/735830924164620288

Multiple sources tell @Cbsnews that Trump was kidding about debating Sanders & it will never happen.

You and everyone here except me, the resident genius, were the senile old farts that were fooled into thinking this was ever happening.

Am I wrong for thinking this is a sh**tty move?

Really depends on how Sanders approaches it.

Let's say that TRUMP starts ranting against "crooked Hillary". What's Sanders response?
He either disagrees and looks like a hypocrite or agrees and looks like an asshole and a sore loser.

All Sanders did was show he's the only candidate left not dodging a debate. Both Trump and Hillary running away from him now. He'll still lose though.
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #51 on: May 26, 2016, 10:11:20 AM »

It isn't worth talking to Lyndon. He doesn't care about silly 'facts' or anything. All he cares about is purging the 'loony leftists' from the glorious Democratic Party.
Lyin' Steve
SteveMcQueen

« Reply #52 on: May 26, 2016, 10:17:43 AM »

All Sanders did was show he's the only candidate left not dodging a debate. Both Trump and Hillary running away from him now. He'll still lose though.

Hillary and Trump both won or tied all (or all but the CNN one with Carly in Trump's case) of the debates they were in.  Bernie didn't win any debates.  I'm sure they're not afraid of him.  The problem is that he can hurt either of them in the real game whereas a victory over him only helps them in the imaginary game against him.  It'd be like if the Panthers took a break from the superbowl to go play the Cowboys, but every point the Cowboys scored went to the Broncos.  Sure, they'll win 42-7 or something, but that 42 doesn't count for anything because the game with the Cowboys doesn't count, while the 7 points to the Broncos could matter a whole hell of a lot.  It's not cowardice to turn down such a silly deal, and it definitely wouldn't be because the Panthers were afraid of the Cowboys.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #53 on: May 26, 2016, 10:19:14 AM »

Damn, Trump just pulled a Lucy on Bernie. That's gotta sting.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #54 on: May 26, 2016, 10:20:52 AM »

Hillary and Trump both won or tied all (or all but the CNN one with Carly in Trump's case) of the debates they were in.  Bernie didn't win any debates.  I'm sure they're not afraid of him.  The problem is that he can hurt either of them in the real game whereas a victory over him only helps them in the imaginary game against him.  It'd be like if the Panthers took a break from the superbowl to go play the Cowboys, but every point the Cowboys scored went to the Broncos.  Sure, they'll win 42-7 or something, but that 42 doesn't count for anything because the game with the Cowboys doesn't count, while the 7 points to the Broncos could matter a whole hell of a lot.  It's not cowardice to turn down such a silly deal, and it definitely wouldn't be because the Panthers were afraid of the Cowboys.

I thought it was fairly obvious that Bernie won the Miami debate.
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #55 on: May 26, 2016, 10:22:48 AM »

It didn't get him anything in Florida though.
Lyin' Steve
SteveMcQueen

« Reply #56 on: May 26, 2016, 10:25:18 AM »

I honestly don't remember that debate at all.  Is that the one where they did it on a college campus and Sanders' supporters wouldn't stop screaming and clapping and cheering his name the entire time and they chanted for five minutes as soon as the closing statements ended?  I remember there was a debate like that and people said Bernie won at first based on the "enthusiasm of the crowd" and then within a few days it became just another tie.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #57 on: May 26, 2016, 10:30:46 AM »

It didn't get him anything in Florida though.

Well yeah, but you can't really judge debate performance by election results. It was pretty widely agreed upon that Kerry and Romney won their first debates, but they still lost.
Bull Moose Base

« Reply #58 on: May 26, 2016, 10:31:24 AM »

Hillary and Trump both won or tied all (or all but the CNN one with Carly in Trump's case) of the debates they were in.  Bernie didn't win any debates.  I'm sure they're not afraid of him.  The problem is that he can hurt either of them in the real game whereas a victory over him only helps them in the imaginary game against him.  It'd be like if the Panthers took a break from the superbowl to go play the Cowboys, but every point the Cowboys scored went to the Broncos.  Sure, they'll win 42-7 or something, but that 42 doesn't count for anything because the game with the Cowboys doesn't count, while the 7 points to the Broncos could matter a whole hell of a lot.  It's not cowardice to turn down such a silly deal, and it definitely wouldn't be because the Panthers were afraid of the Cowboys.

Good analogy but that's why I knew Trump's people would talk him out of doing this. (Also, Bernie would do much better against Trump than Cowboys against Panthers.)

The last thing Trump needed was to see the diehard Sanders supporters, now riled up against Hillary, to tune in en masse and get riled up by Bernie against him and help unify Democrats. Bernie will endorse Hillary in a few weeks or at the convention and maybe will eventually do a bit of what Warren is doing now. But it'd be a whole other mess for Trump to have a massive national audience, with many Bernie Bros, watch Bernie fight with him and make him look like a phony. For the same reason, I don't think Hillary was ever all that worried about this hurting her if Trump was crazy enough to go through with it.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #59 on: May 26, 2016, 10:32:47 AM »

I honestly don't remember that debate at all.  Is that the one where they did it on a college campus and Sanders' supporters wouldn't stop screaming and clapping and cheering his name the entire time and they chanted for five minutes as soon as the closing statements ended?  I remember there was a debate like that and people said Bernie won at first based on the "enthusiasm of the crowd" and then within a few days it became just another tie.

That sounds like a lot of the debates honestly. Tongue

I was judging just based off the content. Hillary seemed really off her game that night. It was the day after Michigan, which must've done a number on her.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #60 on: May 26, 2016, 10:33:05 AM »

That was the Brooklyn one. It was a bit much.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #61 on: May 26, 2016, 10:37:00 AM »

Bernie could commit suicide and Atlas would still lambast "the senile old man" for taking the spotlight away from Hillary.
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #62 on: May 26, 2016, 10:45:04 AM »

Bernie could commit suicide and Atlas would still lambast "the senile old man" for taking the spotlight away from Hillary.

It would be typical of Bernie to take the selfish way out.
RaphaelDLG
YaBB God
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #63 on: May 26, 2016, 10:47:05 AM »

Trump is a weak bitch who would have gotten clowned and he knows it, so he ran away.

Hillary will destroy him in any remotely well-adjudicated debate.
Blazinator
Rookie

« Reply #64 on: May 26, 2016, 10:50:57 AM »

Prediction: they bash Clinton for two hours and then announce a unity ticket. But who will be prez and who will be veep? It's hard to say which one has the bigger ego.
Chief Justice Keef
etr906
United States

« Reply #65 on: May 26, 2016, 10:51:58 AM »

I won't believe the "unnamed sources" until I actually hear it from Trump himself. And I don't know why he would considering it's basically more free exposure for him regardless of whether Bernie "wins" the debate.
dax00

« Reply #66 on: May 26, 2016, 10:53:12 AM »

Trump is a weak bitch who would have gotten clowned and he knows it, so he ran away.
Very true.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Very untrue.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #67 on: May 26, 2016, 10:54:47 AM »

Hahahaha!!! The senile old fart from Vermont was fooled again.
What an embarrassment. Imagine him running in the general.

https://twitter.com/SopanDeb/status/735830924164620288

Multiple sources tell @Cbsnews that Trump was kidding about debating Sanders & it will never happen.

Cowardly liar acts like cowardly liar. Zero surprise.
Clinton (and her supporters) do not get to complain about this. If it happens (Trump is a lying coward, after all),
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #68 on: May 26, 2016, 10:58:10 AM »

Hillary will destroy him in any remotely well-adjudicated debate.

My bet is that Trump will try his utmost to open the debate up to third party candidates. The less time he has to get buttonholed and demonstrate his idiocy, the better for him. He may even bail on the debates (claiming the RNC agreed to them, not him) if it's one on one vs Clinton or anyone else.
Chief Justice Keef
etr906
United States

« Reply #69 on: May 26, 2016, 11:13:52 AM »

ITT: Posters jumping on rumors from unknown sources about Trump backing out without any official word directly from Trump's campaign.
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #70 on: May 26, 2016, 11:17:52 AM »

ITT: Posters jumping on rumors from unknown sources about Trump backing out without any official word directly from Trump's campaign.

"Random internet rumors" have a higher correlation with the truth than "official word from Trump's campaign".
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #71 on: May 26, 2016, 11:22:49 AM »

I'll believe the journalists who've spoken to campaign insiders.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #72 on: May 26, 2016, 11:26:16 AM »

Bernie is auditioning for Trump's VP slot.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #73 on: May 26, 2016, 12:55:52 PM »

Wow, Trump's a chicken!
Chief Justice Keef
etr906
United States

« Reply #74 on: May 26, 2016, 01:04:07 PM »

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/281378-aide-trump-happy-to-debate-sanders

Trump is apparently still willing to debate him. So it's still on...for now.

Meanwhile, #BernieTrumpDebate was trending at the top on Twitter for a few hours this morning and all the major news networks are fighting for the rights to broadcast it.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies