Will Trump bring up Hillary's child rape case?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 02:22:37 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Will Trump bring up Hillary's child rape case?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Will Trump bring up Hillary's child rape case?  (Read 2003 times)
henster
YaBB God

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 11, 2016, 09:44:06 AM »

She has never been confronted on this.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/06/20/exclusive-hillary-clinton-took-me-through-hell-rape-victim-says.html
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2016, 09:53:58 AM »

yeah, this case is really the perfect encapsulation of clinton as a person.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2016, 09:55:49 AM »

Clinton was doing her job. It's stupid for this to even be an issue.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2016, 09:56:32 AM »

Not if you're Trump.
Lyin' Steve
SteveMcQueen

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2016, 10:07:28 AM »

Lawyers should always do what they personally feel is right instead of working for their clients to ensure the integrity of the American justice system.
Shame on Hillary.
Taco Truck 🚚
Schadenfreude
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2016, 10:44:37 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

An inexperienced criminal defense lawyer did her job well?  And this is a problem why?  Only illustrates her innate competence even without experience.

Clinton was a female Ivy League trained attorney taking her first criminal defense case in 1975.  You may want to talk to some women and minorities about what things were like back then.  Considering how Trump treats women now I shudder to think how he behaved in his twenties.
Beefalow and the Consumer
Beef
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.77, S: -8.78

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2016, 10:52:45 AM »

Lawyers should always do what they personally feel is right instead of working for their clients to ensure the integrity of the American justice system.
Shame on Hillary.

Being a PD sucks.

Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2016, 11:05:19 AM »

As always Simpsons explains all

SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2016, 11:23:46 AM »

the notion that for a defence lawyer to outright make up baseless, defamatory allegations about the victim constitutes "doïng one's job" is one of the worst things about the justice system
Taco Truck 🚚
Schadenfreude
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2016, 11:41:33 AM »

the notion that for a defence lawyer to outright make up baseless, defamatory allegations about the victim constitutes "doïng one's job" is one of the worst things about the justice system

I don't see anywhere where anyone proved Hillary "made up" anything in this case?  Is it strawman season in Germany?
jaichind
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.03, S: -5.39

« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2016, 11:42:39 AM »

I generally agree with this.  She had to do those things as part of her role as a defense attorney.  Trump might use this as part of a bigger attack on the way Hillary Clinton behaved toward the various women accusers of Bill Clinton where Hillary Clinton was acting as herself and not in a professional role but this most likely will not work as an attack by itself in my view.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2016, 11:47:06 AM »

Under the system everybody is entitled to have an attorney that is going to do her or his utmost to win the case. End of the story.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2016, 12:10:34 PM »

Trump probably will. This video has been played on Fox News Channel and other outlets. She was an inexperienced lawyer, however.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2016, 12:16:36 PM »

I'm pretty damn proud to live in a country where even the obviously guilty are entitled to competent representation. Hooray for Hillary.
Bandit3 the Worker
Populist3
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -10.00, S: -9.92

« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2016, 12:30:40 PM »

I'm a Sanders supporter, but this story sounds like it's about on par with the "Willie Horton" crap in 1988.
Joe Biden is your president. Deal with it.
diskymike44

« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2016, 01:10:52 PM »

If he does, Rip Trump
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2016, 02:08:23 PM »

We have an ADVERSARY system of justice, where an accused criminal defendant is entitled to CONFRONT his accusers.  A defense attorney is not counsel to the alleged victim in a case.  If the evidence presented in a criminal case by defense counsel is not objected to by the prosecution and/or deemed admissible by the Court, then there should not be any issue, period.

If Hillary hadn't done that; if she provided a nominal "hold-their-hand-on-the-way-to-prison" defense too many counsel provide, or negotiated a plea to where the defendant admitted guilt when he wasn't just to get a better deal, Hillary's enemies would say she was a rogue feminist who dumped a case and betrayed a client.  While I don't like Hillary, and would not vote for her if the election were held today, I do find a good deal of criticism leveled against her as much ado about nothing, and mountain-out-of-molehill making.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2016, 02:27:47 PM »

From the original affidavit, slightly edited:

“the complainant is emotionally unstable with a tendency to ... engage in fantasizing,” Clinton, then named Hillary D. Rodham, wrote in the affidavit. “... he has in the past made false accusations about persons, claiming they had attacked herhis body. Also that she exhibits an unusual stubbornness and temper when she does not get her his way.”

I'm not sure Trump's campaign wants potential voters thinking along these lines when looking at the two candidates...
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2016, 02:35:20 PM »

Shame on Hillary.

Yeah, people who try to use this as an "issue" expose their idiocy.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2016, 02:38:15 PM »

So I assume you prefer the "guilty until proven innocent" standard? And want to repeal the 6th amendment?
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2016, 02:53:42 PM »

But muh first day!

Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2016, 07:16:32 PM »

I don't see anywhere where anyone proved Hillary "made up" anything in this case?

Here's what she said that's at issue (this is excerpted from the Daily Beast story):

Was Hillary making that up?  It is basically the "little bit nutty, little bit slutty" rape defense.  But was it a fabrication?  The alleged victim (back during the 2008 campaign, when she was asked about this) says that Hillary made it up.  Whether she did or not, I don't know.  But if she did, is that unethical?  Yes, you have to give your client the best defense possible, but is there such a thing as an unethical defense?  (If, say, you're making up lies about the alleged victim, possibly to deter them from testifying, rather than simply to get the jury to disbelieve them.)
Taco Truck 🚚
Schadenfreude
« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2016, 07:49:55 PM »

I don't see anywhere where anyone proved Hillary "made up" anything in this case?

Here's what she said that's at issue (this is excerpted from the Daily Beast story):

Was Hillary making that up?

Again 1975.  A whopping 2 years AT MOST after homosexuality was dropped from the DSM as a mental illness.  Why on earth would you not believe a psychologist told her that?  I know on Atlas the rage meter goes to 11 if your high school prom doesn't have a transexual prom queen but there was a time in this country where much worse things happened routinely.  A little perspective people.  I know people who worked in the medical profession back than.  Let me tell you that is nothing compared to the stories they've told me.

I guess we should ask Hillary, Bernie, and Trump where they stood on gay marriage... in 1975.

Honestly I think people like you do a real disservice to many groups of people who have endured hatred and persecution over the years.  Trying to make Hillary Clinton stick out as some kind of aberration is just excusing a whole decade of inequities.  It's just erasing the history of what really happened.

Yes, in the early 1970s EVERY medical student going through the halls of Harvard Medical School stated unequivocally that homosexuality is a mental illness, end of story.  And many of those people are still in practice today and even deans of medical schools and editors of prestigious journals.

And yes the defense Hillary Clinton used for her client was absolutely routinely taught at Ivy League law schools and practiced nationwide.

1st day at work as 20something lawyer in 1975=1st day in Senate in the year 2000... deciding about WAR

You do realize there is a reason there is an age requirement for running for the Senate?

And how many women do you know who were defense attorney's in 1975?  Who do you think taught her and groomed her?  She was a product of a white male dominated system.  And without things like affirmative action to infuse diversity into that system that is what you get out of it.  To then turn around and persecute her for it is obscene.  It's kind of like persecuting a faithful wife for her husband's adultery.
Panda Express

« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2016, 08:06:24 PM »

So I assume you prefer the "guilty until proven innocent" standard? And want to repeal the 6th amendment?

No, it was praise. Clinton doing her job correctly and competently as a lawyer encapsulates that she'll do her job correctly and competently as president.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies