Democratic WV primary + NE fake contest results thread (1st polls close @7:30ET)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:20:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Democratic WV primary + NE fake contest results thread (1st polls close @7:30ET)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 20
Author Topic: Democratic WV primary + NE fake contest results thread (1st polls close @7:30ET)  (Read 16983 times)
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 10, 2016, 02:53:13 AM »
« edited: May 10, 2016, 05:38:31 PM by Mr. Morden »

West Virginia polls are open from 6:30am to 7:30pm ET.
Nebraska polls are open from 8:00am to 8:00pm CT, which is 9:00am to 9:00pm ET.

The Nebraska results are meaningless for the Dems, since they already had their caucus some time ago.

Nebraska
AP: link

West Virginia
CNN: http://edition.cnn.com/election/primaries/states/wv/Dem
NYT: http://www.nytimes.com/elections/2016/primaries/west-virginia

I’m actually not even sure if CNN and NYT will show the Nebraska results, since many of these sites will just show the caucus results.  I’m assuming we’ll at least get something on the SoS site:

http://www.sos.ne.gov/elec/2016/elections.html

According to Edison Research’s webpage, there *will* be exit polls for both states, but I’m not sure if it’ll be both parties for both states.  I guess it’s possible that they skimp on Dem. exit polls for Nebraska.

At 5pm, the networks will be given access to the early exit poll numbers.  So some time between about 5:10 and 5:30pm or so, we’ll start getting news reports from them about things like what percentage of the voters are Independents, what the top issues on voters’ minds are, etc.  But they’ll withhold the topline numbers (who is winning the exit poll) until all the polls have closed in the state.

JRoby
Rookie

« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2016, 06:49:07 AM »

Will Sanders + Clinton be over or under 90% in WV?
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2016, 06:56:56 AM »

Morden, can we eventually start just using one thread per election night? It's kind of annoying to have to keep switching back between the two, especially as primary season starts winding down. I doubt the combined posts between the two threads tonight will match the post count of, say, one of the threads from March 1 or 15, so I don't see why it's necessary to have two.
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2016, 08:51:46 AM »

NE D results: http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/files/elections/2016/by_state/NE_Page_0510.html?SITE=AP&SECTION=POLITICS
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2016, 09:22:48 AM »

I'm so glad that West Virginia is getting an exit poll. I figured we might not get another exit poll until June 7th with the GOP race over. I'm surprised they're gonna bother with Nebraska though, that's odd. I guess they had already paid to have it done before Cruz and Kasich bolted.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2016, 10:16:49 AM »

I'm really hoping that WV keeps its trend of never picking my choice for president. If Sanders wins here, it'll look bad for him, and it would hurt my pride. LET'S GO, HILLDAWG! COME FROM BEHIND WIN IN WV!!
sportydude

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2016, 10:41:58 AM »

Do you think there will be a live coverage of the NE result on CNN?
Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2016, 10:51:56 AM »

What areas of WV can we expect to be "bellwethers" today?
sportydude

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2016, 10:56:59 AM »

Each and every.
mds32
United States

« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2016, 11:29:31 AM »

I'm really hoping that WV keeps its trend of never picking my choice for president. If Sanders wins here, it'll look bad for him, and it would hurt my pride. LET'S GO, HILLDAWG! COME FROM BEHIND WIN IN WV!!

Regardless the Democratic map looks just as ugly as the GOP map. Rhode Island sticks out like a sore thumb and if West Virginia goes to Sanders it will look even weirder.

Trump taking all the south keeps it normal, but with the remaining west now going for Trump the maps are going to get uglier. Just like in 2012 when Santorum dropped where parts of the deep south looked weird being for Romney in the end lol.
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2016, 12:11:09 PM »

There's not much variety to WV.  The Eastern panhandle has nothing to do with coal, but it doesn't make up much of the population.  Kanawha contains the state capitol and is probably  more establishment (though it has rural areas and coal mines too).  Monongalia contains the main state university so is probably Berniebro territory.  Harrison and Marion have a surprising number of Federal workers mainly due to the FBI Crime Lab, but they mine coal there too.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2016, 02:06:37 PM »

Predictions of the major forecasters:

Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2016, 02:20:20 PM »

Any news on the turnout yet?
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2016, 02:22:19 PM »

Apparently turnout is high in Charleston, but early and absentee voting was also quite high. Come on, time for a CLINTON UPSET!
Fusionmunster

« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2016, 02:25:04 PM »

Apparently turnout is high in Charleston, but early and absentee voting was also quite high. Come on, time for a CLINTON UPSET!

As benchmark has said, any turnout is good for Sanders. West Virginia is just a great fit for him demographically.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2016, 02:33:18 PM »

As benchmark has said, any turnout is good for Sanders. West Virginia is just a great fit for him demographically.

I can still hope that ancestral Democrats will bring it home for HILLDAWG!
Sorenroy
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -5.91

P P
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2016, 02:45:58 PM »

Stop. Not every Democrat in states you don't like is a racist, pro-Slavery Dixiecrat. I live in North Carolina for God's sake, does that automatically mark me as a member of the bathroom police?
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2016, 02:55:56 PM »

I want Bernie to win as many states as he can before it's over, so I hope he pulls it off today (plus I put a few bucks down on him on Predictit).
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2016, 03:02:31 PM »

I think I'll pass that West Virginia hot potato back in your direction. Tongue

GO BERNIE! GO JUDD! GO O'MALLEY! GO FARRELL! GO DA LA FUENTE!
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2016, 03:09:25 PM »

Stop. Not every Democrat in states you don't like is a racist, pro-Slavery Dixiecrat. I live in North Carolina for God's sake, does that automatically mark me as a member of the bathroom police?

No, but Obama didn't fail to win 60% of the vote in an uncontested primary in North Carolina. I'm sure there are intelligent, reasonable people in West Virginia, but I'd rather not have a Sanders win in West Virginia as a blemish on his record or mine.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2016, 03:37:58 PM »

Sanders will win West Virginia by 8 points, Nebraska will go to Sanders as well.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2016, 03:48:07 PM »

I  wonder how bad Clinton's "honest and trustworthy" number will be in WV. I wouldn't be shocked if Sanders hits a new low as well.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2016, 03:49:03 PM »

So...why is Nebraska holding a beauty contest when we already have Bernie with the W there?
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2016, 03:49:35 PM »

I  wonder how bad Clinton's "honest and trustworthy" number will be in WV. I wouldn't be shocked if Sanders hits a new low as well.

Doesn't get more honest then telling miners your going to put them out of business.
mds32
United States

« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2016, 03:52:03 PM »

The Democrats are also having a big Democratic Primary for Governor. So the Charleston establishment types may be coming out for that race too.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 20  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies