Office of Senator Blair
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 04:25:28 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of Senator Blair
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Office of Senator Blair  (Read 1446 times)
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 27, 2016, 06:48:40 AM »
« edited: October 25, 2016, 09:40:44 AM by Fmr. Senator Blair »

Office of Senator Blair

Press releases to be dispatched shortly
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2016, 03:26:35 PM »

Press Release Issue 1

I'm humbled to return to the Senate, and for the high levels of support I have achieved this weekend. The polls are still open, and I urge all citizens to go forth and vote in the Northeast.

My big priority in the Senate for the next couple of days will be working on Atlasian Broadcasting Act. I've expressed my concerns over the tax being used to fund it, which hits middle class families at 0.5% along with businesses. However I would be opposed to selling off the complete share, and hope a comprise can be reached.

I'd also like to offer my support, and endorsement for LongLiveRock as Speaker of the Northeast Assembly
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2016, 03:43:57 AM »

On the constitutional Convention

''Today, after countless months of hard work, toil and perseverance we have finally completed the Constitutional Convention. As President Griffin said in his speech, this has been a long and hard Journey. We should salute those how have been fighting for this for a long time. I've been here in Atlasia for over a year now, and I truly believe that this new constitution can give a new spark of life to all of us. Let's be bold, and jump into the bright light of the future. I urge all citizens of Atlasia to vote Aye, and move us forward.''

Senator Blair
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2016, 11:26:56 AM »

ISSUE #6: Blair Out in June Race

Blair: Not Running for President

Blair wrote an article for us! Cheesy

In situations such as these in Atlasia the opportunity to use clichés are ever present- ‘we’re at a crossroads, we’re staring our future in the face, we’re about to jump into a new opportunity ’ … and this is just stuff I’ve picked out from my own speeches. Jokes aside- I’ll keep it simple- we need a stronger Atlasia.

The Constitutional Convention was a long task, and the architects of it- President Griffin, Former Senator Yankee and Cris, and Speaker Truman who took the rather heavy task of getting the nitty gritty done. I urge all voters to vote for the Constitutional Convention- because we simply need a stronger game. By creating a new House of Representatives we’ll bring players into the excitement of national government where we’ll be forging new polices on healthcare, workers’ rights, education, housing and so many more. We need regional consolidation to make the regions stronger, and more active and most importantly- we need a chance to start Atlasia a fresh.

It’s also for this reason why I’m writing my first article on here- we need Fresh Leadership in the most important role of all- the Presidency. The new President will have to shape the Agenda, bring new players into the game, and frankly be the heart and soul. After much deliberating, after much agonizing and after a frank thought into my own aspirations I’m announcing that I won’t be running for President in June. I’ve seen myself mentioned in several polls, and after going through a tough Labor Primary in January it’s time for another face to step forward and led the nation. I don’t want the song, and dance of a hypothetical primary hanging over the party for the next month- I’m not running. I do however intent to continue in Atlasia- namely doing what I’ve been doing for the last 7 months- fighting for the Northeast. I hope the voters in the Northeast, and sections of the Mideast give me a chance to continue to serve them in the New Post-Ratification Senate. If I’m giving the honour of another term in the Senate I hope that I can work with leaders from across all parties and across the land to chart our new destiny.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2016, 05:34:54 AM »

'This is a truly historic moment for Atlasia. As I just arrived home in New York from Nyman this was truly the best welcome home present. This is a glorious moment; and one in which I hope all Atlasians will celebrate. It has been a long, and hard journey filled with many bumps but now is the time to continue the work of our forefathers. With fire in our hearts let's go forward and craft a new destiny for this fine nation.

Tonight, what began on the commons in Concord, Massachusetts, as an alliance of farmers and workers, of cobblers and tinsmiths, of statesmen and students, of mothers and wives, of men and boys, lives two centuries later as Atasia!'
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2016, 03:57:05 PM »

Legislative Update: Issue 1

SB 2016-003: Capital Punishment Abolition Amendment: Aye I was proud to vote Aye, and am happy that the North looks likely to approve this constitutional amendment that would outlaw the death penalty. Whilst many other Senators took moral objections to this bill my major concern was that of a legal one- the death penalty is a crude, expensive and legally unsound criminal justice tool.

SB 2016-004: Freedom to Donate Act of 2016: Aye I was pleased my fellow Senators joined me in voting to pass this bill that allowed gay men to donate blood in light of the Orlando massacre. This is a step in the long road to progress.

SB 2016-005: Real Patriot Act: Yet to vote. Whilst I supported the Freedom Act being passed and repealing the mass collection of the Patriot Act I'm undecided on the current bill which would repeal the bill entirely. We need the best tools possible to fight terrorism, and uphold civil liberties. I urge citizens of the North to get in touch if they have any views on this bill, and I will continue to do my research. My first job as Senator is to keep the North sage.

SB 2016-006: Muslim Brotherhood Terrorist Designation Act of 2016: Nay From a point of principle I feel very strongly about this bill- whilst I strongly oppose the Muslim Brotherhood, and believe that they practice a reactionary version of Islam whilst carrying out crimes in Egypt I don't think that they deserve the status as a terrorist group

SB 2016-007: LGBTQ+ Rights Act: Will be voting Aye: This is a historic bill, and I'd like to thank the support and promotion this bill has got from conservatives in the Senate who've been bold to promote civil rights for all citizens in Atlasia. This bill will help the path to true equality, and stands in contrast to the rather depressing scenes we've seen in the past- whether it was the AIDs crisis in the 1980's, the murder of LGBT teens or the every day discrimination that faced LGBT citizens. We stand on the shoulders of those who've fought the battles of the past.

2016-008: The Game Moderation Reform Act: Will be voting Aye I want this bill to pass quickly so that we can get an active GM in place and get the game moving forward

Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2016, 05:08:12 PM »

In the Senate I was proud to introduce a new bill that will give workers across Atlasia the fair pay that they deserve. Whether it's the student working to put himself through college, the veteran working to get food on the table or the mum working extra shifts to support her kids- the injustice of low pay must end.

This bill introduces a scaled timetable to lower the burden on business, and ensure that small businesses can sustain themselves. Likewise I'd want to see this bill passed in hand with a tax relief for small businesses who are the backbone of our economy.

By increasing the minimum wage legislators can send a powerful signal- work pays. Let's give our economy a boost,

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2016, 07:09:57 AM »

Senator Blair has fully returned from his holiday, and will be providing an update later today on the current issues of Atlasia
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2016, 11:23:25 AM »

Part 1

Right to Life Bill : Voted Nay... I was very concerned about the early version of this bill and felt that the House had failed to put proper safeguards in place. Whilst I supported the Cris Amendment that increased the ban to 24 weeks. However I felt that a number of the options such as a 36 hour wait,  were aimed at limiting the access a women could have to an abortion. Likewise due to my holiday I was not able to offer an amendment in time but hope the house will take into account certain circumstances such as the Zika Virus.

Ukrainian Freedom Bill: Voted Aye... I introduced this legislation to provide military support to the Ukrainian Government to fight off Russian backed rebels and troops who are engaged in hostile actions in the East of Ukraine. It's vital that we support the democratic governments in Eastern Europe who escaped the tyranny of the USSR.

Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2016, 01:43:21 PM »

Citizens of the North- Vote for Kingpoleon

The current Northern Assembly race is a dead heat and it's vital for all citizens of the North that we have the best people working for us. For this reason as Chair of Labor, a former Governor of the Northeast and the Senator from the North I'm proud to endorse Kingpoleon for the Assembly election. He's a dedicated policy based player who'll be active, dedicated and loyal to the North; regardless of political party.

I faced Enduro in the race for the Senate election, and was shocked by the comments that he made throughout the race. Whether it was wanting to scrap the minimum wage or privatize schools it's clear that he's not on the side of Atlasian Workers. We need real leadership in the North Assembly- only Kingpoleon can provide that
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2016, 02:15:08 PM »

Citizens of the North- Vote for Kingpoleon

The current Northern Assembly race is a dead heat and it's vital for all citizens of the North that we have the best people working for us. For this reason as Chair of Labor, a former Governor of the Northeast and the Senator from the North I'm proud to endorse Kingpoleon for the Assembly election. He's a dedicated policy based player who'll be active, dedicated and loyal to the North; regardless of political party.

I faced Enduro in the race for the Senate election, and was shocked by the comments that he made throughout the race. Whether it was wanting to scrap the minimum wage or privatize schools it's clear that he's not on the side of Atlasian Workers. We need real leadership in the North Assembly- only Kingpoleon can provide that

Another campaign another swipe at me.

My views on the minimum wage has slightly evolved to wanting the regions to determine it, instead of scrapping it completely. Yes, I want to privatize schools, is it bad to not want to control everything? Don't say I can't lead, I've been a successful GM and Assemblyman. You think I can't lead because you don't like my views.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2016, 02:35:10 PM »

Enduro, your bills are ill advised and rare. I've been the only Northerner to present any bills at all, and I have presented two.
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2016, 04:06:59 PM »

Enduro, your bills are ill advised and rare. I've been the only Northerner to present any bills at all, and I have presented two.

The Fight PTSD Act is ill advised? How about the Fight Road Hypnosis Act? Care for Those in Need Act, because that was my idea to revise that.

I was the most active member of the Assembly in my term, my bills aren't rare.

I will admit that I haven't been 100% successful when it comes to my bills, I couldn't get everyone to agree to a version of the Safer Schools Act or a version of the Keep the Baby Act.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2016, 05:55:42 PM »

Your "free speech" bill that banned "safe spaces from speech"? Your advocacy for the regions to abolish the minimum wage? These are ill advised, extreme positions which will only hurt the Atlasian people. Unfortunately, I have only locked down the thinking vote, and I need a few more to get a majority.
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2016, 08:59:37 PM »

Your "free speech" bill that banned "safe spaces from speech"? Your advocacy for the regions to abolish the minimum wage? These are ill advised, extreme positions which will only hurt the Atlasian people. Unfortunately, I have only locked down the thinking vote, and I need a few more to get a majority.

Everyone has written a bill they regretted, my regret about that one is not thinking on it longer, and carefully reading over it for a rewrite. My advocacy is for the federal minimum wage to be abolished, and for regions to have their own minimum wage. I'm doing more research, I like to constantly research my views, and right now I'm still thinking there shouldn't be one, but I'm not as sure as I was in the senate election.

Say I have "ill advised, extreme positions" I don't care. That's your opinion, and your are entitled to it. What I don't like is the fact that you just insulted everyone who voted for me as people without the capability to think. Are you serious?! Because they disagree with you, and vote for someone else?! Don't be so blinded by your prejudice against me that you decide to insult a bunch of people. That's one of the biggest reasons why the game experiences activity problems, because of sore winners like you.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2016, 12:03:15 PM »

Senator Blair will be out of office from the 16th September until the 19th September to visit our European allies
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2016, 09:22:59 PM »

Everyone has written a bill they regretted, my regret about that one is not thinking on it longer, and carefully reading over it for a rewrite. My advocacy is for the federal minimum wage to be abolished, and for regions to have their own minimum wage. I'm doing more research, I like to constantly research my views, and right now I'm still thinking there shouldn't be one, but I'm not as sure as I was in the senate election.

Say I have "ill advised, extreme positions" I don't care. That's your opinion, and your are entitled to it. What I don't like is the fact that you just insulted everyone who voted for me as people without the capability to think. Are you serious?! Because they disagree with you, and vote for someone else?! Don't be so blinded by your prejudice against me that you decide to insult a bunch of people. That's one of the biggest reasons why the game experiences activity problems, because of sore winners like you.

Only about half. Half of them are bigots, idiots, and insane. The other half are people we must emphasize with, people born into low classes with low IQ. However, the former half cannot and will not be tolerated.

(TL;DR: I'm kidding you.)
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2016, 10:41:05 PM »

Some amendments I would like to see before I cosponsor. I have not marked out what I erased, but I have only erased things where my bold words are.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2016, 04:41:53 AM »

'It's been a great honour to serve the North and the Northeast before that in the Senate for the last 8 months. Whether it's been fighting for LGBT rights following the Pulse Nightclub attack, passing the wide ranging LGBTQ+ equality act, forming the anti-terror coalition against ISIS or introducing common sense reforms to ensure that people buying firearms on the internet must undergo a background check.

I've loved being the Norths' voice in the Senate; I first entered this chamber back in April '15 as an at-large Senator, and well a fair bit has changed since then. I'd like to wish my successor LLR as much joy that I found in the Senate, and I'm sure he'll be a great progressive voice for the North.'
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2016, 06:03:01 AM »

'It's been a great honour to serve the North and the Northeast before that in the Senate for the last 8 months. Whether it's been fighting for LGBT rights following the Pulse Nightclub attack, passing the wide ranging LGBTQ+ equality act, forming the anti-terror coalition against ISIS or introducing common sense reforms to ensure that people buying firearms on the internet must undergo a background check.

I've loved being the Norths' voice in the Senate; I first entered this chamber back in April '15 as an at-large Senator, and well a fair bit has changed since then. I'd like to wish my successor LLR as much joy that I found in the Senate, and I'm sure he'll be a great progressive voice for the North.'

Thank you, Blair.

I hope that I will be able to work with you when you get elected president (Endorsed for the runoff!)
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies