CRUZ CALLS TRUMP THE "PC POLICE"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 12:38:27 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  CRUZ CALLS TRUMP THE "PC POLICE"
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: CRUZ CALLS TRUMP THE "PC POLICE"  (Read 2718 times)
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 22, 2016, 06:25:02 PM »

literally. no joke, no distortion.

http://www.thenewcivilrightsmovement.com/davidbadash/watch_ted_cruz_releases_new_transphobic_ad_calling_trump_the_pc_police
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2016, 06:26:32 PM »

He's selling hats that say "Make PC Great Again"
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2016, 06:26:40 PM »

He isn't wrong, go to the bathroom that you have the genitals for.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2016, 06:27:38 PM »

Hahahaha.
The Free North
CTRattlesnake
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2016, 06:32:43 PM »

He's selling hats that say "Make PC Great Again"

Gotta give it to the candidates this year....they're fantastic at selling quirky merchandise.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2016, 06:33:13 PM »

I mean, I generally agree with this statement if a private business owner so chooses to make that his or her policy, but what is wrong with Trump allowing his private buildings to do the opposite? How is he being "PC?"
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2016, 06:39:23 PM »

So you want this guy (he was born with a vagina and still has it) using the ladies' room?!?!

Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2016, 06:58:24 PM »
« Edited: April 22, 2016, 07:01:02 PM by Ronnie »

I was thinking of voting for Cruz to deny Trump delegates in my district (CA-33), but now I don't think I can compromise myself to the extent necessary to do so.  Besides, Kasich seems to be running ahead of him in the cluster of white districts in LA county:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CgrE8WmWsAIW4ET.jpg:large
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2016, 07:03:22 PM »

So you want this guy (he was born with a vagina and still has it) using the ladies' room?!?!

Reported for nudity and obscenity Tongue
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2016, 07:46:26 PM »

Yes
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2016, 07:49:56 PM »

Again, if you get penile cancer and have to have it removed, you'll start going to the ladies' room even though you're (obviously) still a man?
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2016, 07:51:26 PM »

I'm always amused by the argument that what you look like is more important than who you are.
Orthogonian Society Treasurer
CommanderClash
YaBB God
Bermuda

Political Matrix
E: 0.32, S: 4.78

P
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2016, 07:51:41 PM »

Lyin' Ted Cruz: a big government liberal RINO who will tell you which bathroom to use.

SAD!
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2016, 07:52:35 PM »

Again, if you get penile cancer and have to have it removed, you'll start going to the ladies' room even though you're (obviously) still a man?

That wouldn't give you a vagina, so you wouldn't become a woman
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2016, 07:53:57 PM »

Yes

HOW IN THE HELL IS HIM BEING IN THE WOMEN'S RESTROOM OKAY? Like legitimately, women identifying as men and wanting to use the bathroom. Not a big deal. I see NO argument on the contrary. I could barely see a ban on gays in bathrooms (in a creepy messed up awful way), but this... It's so dumb man.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2016, 07:54:50 PM »

You've consistently said that the presence or absence of a penis was your standard. Now you say there are exceptions...
SillyAmerican
United States

« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2016, 08:20:43 PM »

You've consistently said that the presence or absence of a penis was your standard. Now you say there are exceptions...

If you have a penis, get to the men's room; if you don't have a penis, use the women's room (or, honestly, whatever room you'd like to, 'cuz men generally don't care if women want to use their facilities). My guess is that the person in the photo from Indy was born with both sets of genitals, which means that "he" should use the men's room ('cuz if you have both, than you have a penis).

I'm always amused by the argument that what you look like is more important than who you are.

Yeah, and I'm always amused by the argument that who you think you are is more important than who you actually are. If you have a penis but believe you're a female, go through the surgery, after which you can use the ladies room, but until then, sorry for the inconvenience of having a penis, and get yourself over to the men's room. Life is full of inconveniences, that's just life...
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2016, 08:32:21 PM »

As somebody who knows transgender people, I believe they should be allowed to use the restroom that they want to. For one thing, why should we discriminate against an entire group of people just because we're scared of a nearly nonexistent threat? There's also the fact that this could just be fixed by unisex bathrooms.
Lyin' Steve
SteveMcQueen

« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2016, 08:53:04 PM »

Trump is right on this.  When has this been a problem?  We already have laws against perverts and child molesters.  If a man wants to go into a women's restroom to molest little girls, some law about which bathroom he's allowed to use isn't going to stop him.  The argument Cruz seems to be making is that this law prevents him from using "I was feeling like a woman that day" as a legal defense.  I don't think that's a legal defense as is.  But more to the point, this is something that has never happened to my knowledge, and most trans people just want to use the bathroom where they won't be treated differently.
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2016, 08:55:11 PM »

Trump is right on this.  When has this been a problem?  We already have laws against perverts and child molesters.  If a man wants to go into a women's restroom to molest little girls, some law about which bathroom he's allowed to use isn't going to stop him.  The argument Cruz seems to be making is that this law prevents him from using "I was feeling like a woman that day" as a legal defense.  I don't think that's a legal defense as is.  But more to the point, this is something that has never happened to my knowledge, and most trans people just want to use the bathroom where they won't be treated differently.

I never thought I'd say this, but I agree with you completely.
Mallow
United States

« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2016, 08:55:15 PM »
« Edited: April 22, 2016, 08:58:01 PM by Mallow »

If you have a penis, get to the men's room; if you don't have a penis, use the women's room (or, honestly, whatever room you'd like to, 'cuz men generally don't care if women want to use their facilities). My guess is that the person in the photo from Indy was born with both sets of genitals, which means that "he" should use the men's room ('cuz if you have both, than you have a penis).

Yeah, and I'm always amused by the argument that who you think you are is more important than who you actually are. If you have a penis but believe you're a female, go through the surgery, after which you can use the ladies room, but until then, sorry for the inconvenience of having a penis, and get yourself over to the men's room. Life is full of inconveniences, that's just life...

1. You are factually incorrect. I understand that you can't fathom someone looking like that unless they have a penis, but he doesn't. And there are thousands of examples of men like him without penises (and women with penises who "look like" women). Not to mention the countless examples of people who have chromosomes that don't "match" their genitalia, and other such exceptions, that completely neuter your argument.
2. Not everyone can afford gender reassignment surgery, and many choose not to for reasons you have no business discounting.
3. There is exactly zero risk to others from a transgender person using their chosen restroom. If anything, the only real risk is TO the trans person FROM bigots getting physically violent over it (as has been demonstrated countless times in the past). Get over yourself and your social hangups and treat people like the humans they are.
Young Conservative
youngconservative
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2016, 08:59:06 PM »

He's correct. trump's actions fall into line with man aspects of social liberalism.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2016, 09:00:12 PM »

He's correct. trump's actions fall into line with man aspects of human decency.

ftfy
SillyAmerican
United States

« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2016, 09:00:53 PM »

Yeah, but here's the thing: If a transgender person looks like a woman, and goes into a stall in the women's bathroom to do his/her business, is there any problem? From what I see, the only people making an issue out of this is in fact the transgender folks. And if anyone were to ask me which bathroom they should use, my answer would be this: if you have a penis, use the men's room, otherwise, use the women's room. Where's the problem?
Edu
Ufokart
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2016, 09:02:04 PM »

Why is the mere presence of a penis so disturbing to SillyAmerican? what is his concern exactly? does he think the only way to rape someone is with a penis?
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies