What does the red mean?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 10:58:58 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  What does the red mean?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What does the red mean?  (Read 280 times)
v0031
China
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 21, 2016, 06:32:33 AM »
« edited: April 21, 2016, 06:57:13 AM by v0031 »

University of Illinois – Urbana Champagne has a rolling application deadline and has specified their application fee i.e. $50 for US residents and $75 for locals. This university stresses on research based learning for graduate engineering students so much so that there are around 50 research centers and this one school has spent millions of dollars just on research and that is saying something.

It follows rolling application deadline and has an application fee of $65 for US and international students. They offer around ten majors to students from which they can select one of their choice and engineering students can even go on to attain master’s degree and almost every department has a PhD program to offer. They offer rotations in different countries of the world which is a plus and in this way they can gain a lot of experience.
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2016, 09:04:37 AM »

That is saying something: Usually means "that makes a major point".
Rotation: A tour of duty taken by medical students. This meaning of the word tends only to be used very rarely, and almost never in British English.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2016, 09:46:11 AM »

I wouldn't call "rotation" used in that way a very rare word used in an academic context... rotations are a pretty common system in PhD programs.  And in an increasing number of employers.  My boyfriend has done a couple of rotations within the federal government.
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2016, 10:48:03 AM »

Ayyyyyyyy University of Illinois! I miss Champaign, so much I think I am going back for a drinking trip this weekend Tongue
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies