Ted Cruz gets ignored at NY Republican Gala
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 08:49:40 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Ted Cruz gets ignored at NY Republican Gala
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Ted Cruz gets ignored at NY Republican Gala  (Read 915 times)
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 15, 2016, 05:50:19 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016-election/new-york-republicans-ignore-ted-cruz-gop-gala-n556381
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2016, 05:58:19 PM »

I wasn't completely sure, but now I'm pretty confident that Cruz will get obliterated in NY.
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2016, 06:04:20 PM »

Cruz should just stop bothering with NY. He should use the hate. He should go around to the March 26 states and start talking about how much the Yankees and Mets suck, pandering to the Phillies, Pirates, Red Sox and Orioles fans. He should own the New York values thing and start making New Yorker jokes everywhere he goes. Lean into it Ted.
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2016, 06:15:14 PM »

Cruz should just stop bothering with NY. He should use the hate. He should go around to the March 26 states and start talking about how much the Yankees and Mets suck, pandering to the Phillies, Pirates, Red Sox and Orioles fans. He should own the New York values thing and start making New Yorker jokes everywhere he goes. Lean into it Ted.

Completely agree. This, so much.

Also, at least the Optimus poll shows my old NY congressional district abstaining from this nonsense
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2016, 06:40:52 PM »

Hey, it looks like NYC is a lost cause but Rochester sure isn't.
https://mobile.twitter.com/ToddJClausen/status/721118371543183360
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2016, 06:51:29 PM »

April 19th is gonna be brutal for the NeverTrump folks...
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2016, 07:18:17 PM »

Why's that? Even if trump wins every delegate (which he won't), he'll only go from 44% of the total to 47% of the total. We can afford to lose individual battles, because we're winning the war.
Fargobison

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2016, 07:24:16 PM »
« Edited: April 15, 2016, 07:42:35 PM by Fargobison »

Not really, we aren't like Trump pre-Wisconsin expecting a big surprise. We know what is coming.

Cruz is lucky Kasich is delusional enough to hang around for NY or this would be a wipe out.
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2016, 07:36:28 PM »

Cruz is lucky Kasich is delusional enough to hang around for NY or this would be a wipe out.

I don't think this is the case; I think there's a deliberate strategy among the Cruz-camp, or perhaps the #Nevertrump camp generally, of not making any effort to push Kasich out until after the 4/26 mid-Atlantic states, in order to deprive trump of first-ballot delegates. This could backfire if he wins a state and then does well enough in Indiana to spoil it for Cruz, but that doesn't seem too likely since it's doubtful Kasich wins a state on 4/26.
andrew_c
Canada

« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2016, 07:38:03 PM »

As expected, bashing "New York values" is not going to do any favors for Cruz.
Fargobison

« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2016, 07:44:18 PM »

I don't think this is the case; I think there's a deliberate strategy among the Cruz-camp, or perhaps the #Nevertrump camp generally, of not making any effort to push Kasich out until after the 4/26 mid-Atlantic states, in order to deprive trump of first-ballot delegates. This could backfire if he wins a state and then does well enough in Indiana to spoil it for Cruz, but that doesn't seem too likely since it's doubtful Kasich wins a state on 4/26.

I think you are right about the #NeverTrumpers, not so sure about Cruz but he has quieted down about demanding Kasich get out.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2016, 08:57:45 PM »

It's not just about Trump getting all of nearly all of the delegates. If Cruz does very poorly, it'll show the limitations of his appeal beyond his base.
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 6.96

« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2016, 11:44:37 PM »

I think you are right about the #NeverTrumpers, not so sure about Cruz but he has quieted down about demanding Kasich get out.

Kasich will helping Cruz over the next two weeks by making it more difficult for Trump to hit WTA thresholds in NY and CT. If he dropped out, some of his votes would go to Trump or not vote at all and they're all needed to keep Trump under 50%.

The next couple weeks are going to be a little rough for the anti-Trump side, but struggling through them is already priced into the delegate math. The real tests remaining are Indiana and California.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies