Clinton VP news LATEST: Podesta now calling the losers to tell them its not them
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 06, 2024, 04:06:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Clinton VP news LATEST: Podesta now calling the losers to tell them its not them
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 64 65 66 [67] 68 69 70 71 72 ... 91
Author Topic: Clinton VP news LATEST: Podesta now calling the losers to tell them its not them  (Read 183586 times)
Redban

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1650 on: July 16, 2016, 01:59:32 PM »

I want her to pick Castro. Pence would destroy him during the debates.
mgop
« Reply #1651 on: July 16, 2016, 02:04:25 PM »

i think that even hillary isnt that stupid to pick castro lol
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1652 on: July 16, 2016, 02:05:51 PM »

Hopefully, since Castro would destroy the whole "I have experience and they haven't" argument.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1653 on: July 16, 2016, 02:06:17 PM »

She's already a great attack dog against Trump.
mgop
« Reply #1654 on: July 16, 2016, 02:10:18 PM »

Hopefully, since Castro would destroy the whole "I have experience and they haven't" argument.

i hate hillary and thats not gonna change, but if she doesnt pick castro that will really make my day. just imagine to watch his scary face for months and maybe years to come. f-ck that, i would probably stop watching politics.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1655 on: July 16, 2016, 02:11:57 PM »

Vilsack, Richardson, Kaine, or Warren would be good VP picks.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #1656 on: July 16, 2016, 02:13:22 PM »

A good dark horse VP choice would be former New Mexico Gov. Bill Richardson. He's Hispanic, but more qualified than Castro, Perez, and Becerra. He has good foreign policy experience and he governed a state. Plus, the Clintons should put the 2008 endorsement of Obama behind them.

isn't he, like, corrupt as heck, though?

Yeah, there are some issues there.

Yeah, a little, but he's experienced. He could be ready to be president on Day One.

Clinton's not picking a washed-up has-been who has been out of public life for five years and is nearly as old as she is.
Horsemask

Political Matrix
E: -1.81, S: -4.87

« Reply #1657 on: July 16, 2016, 02:23:37 PM »

Any idea when we will know who the pick is? I imagine it'll be sometime this next coming week since the Democratic convention starts on the 25th
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1658 on: July 16, 2016, 02:25:23 PM »

A good dark horse VP choice would be former New Mexico Gov. Bill Richardson. He's Hispanic, but more qualified than Castro, Perez, and Becerra. He has good foreign policy experience and he governed a state. Plus, the Clintons should put the 2008 endorsement of Obama behind them.

Yeah, a little, but he's experienced. He could be ready to be president on Day One.

Clinton's not picking a washed-up has-been who has been out of public life for five years and is nearly as old as she is.
Maybe Richardson for Secretary of State or UN ambassador?
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1659 on: July 16, 2016, 02:31:38 PM »

I'm thinking more along the lines of Richardson for Retirement Tongue
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1660 on: July 16, 2016, 03:35:12 PM »

Any idea when we will know who the pick is? I imagine it'll be sometime this next coming week since the Democratic convention starts on the 25th

I would expect it to be on July 22nd, the day after the end of the RNC.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1661 on: July 16, 2016, 04:09:13 PM »

Kaine may be too far right. Choosing him would big a giant sign that Clinton intends to govern as even more of a "liberal Republican" candidate than Obama.

I haven't had the time to go and crunch numbers, but with a Kaine pick, Clinton would be betting that the number of "moderate"  votes she gets will outweigh the loss of actual leftists who vote Green, Lib, or just stay home. (The "moderate" votes will count for more if she's actually taking them away from Trump, instead of grabbing folks who would otherwise stay home,  of course.)

This election is really, really turing into a race to see which pile of elephant turds is the stinkiest. Guess I need to look for more jobs in Canada.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #1662 on: July 16, 2016, 04:58:04 PM »

Kaine may be too far right. Choosing him would big a giant sign that Clinton intends to govern as even more of a "liberal Republican" candidate than Obama.

I haven't had the time to go and crunch numbers, but with a Kaine pick, Clinton would be betting that the number of "moderate"  votes she gets will outweigh the loss of actual leftists who vote Green, Lib, or just stay home. (The "moderate" votes will count for more if she's actually taking them away from Trump, instead of grabbing folks who would otherwise stay home,  of course.)

This election is really, really turing into a race to see which pile of elephant turds is the stinkiest. Guess I need to look for more jobs in Canada.
If you move to Canada, you'll just start saying the Liberals are Conservative Lite.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #1663 on: July 16, 2016, 05:10:27 PM »

If you move to Canada, you'll just start saying the Liberals are Conservative Lite.

Very true. It is time to accept your center-left overlords. Clinton/Trudeau will be the best duo ever! Smiley
Fight for Trump
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #1664 on: July 16, 2016, 05:23:50 PM »

Very true. It is time to accept your center-left overlords. Clinton/Trudeau will be the best duo ever! Smiley
I am not a fan of Hillary, but to compare her with Trudeau is very demeaning to her.
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1665 on: July 16, 2016, 05:27:01 PM »

I am not a fan of Hillary, but to compare her with Trudeau is very demeaning to her.

Trudeau is fantastic Cheesy
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1666 on: July 16, 2016, 05:30:29 PM »

What do you have against Gov. Richardson? He is qualified to be Secretary of State.
JRP1994

« Reply #1667 on: July 16, 2016, 05:38:53 PM »

What do you have against Gov. Richardson? He is qualified to be Secretary of State.

He's more qualified than Clinton was when she was appointed to the position.
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1668 on: July 16, 2016, 05:41:55 PM »

I don't like him because he's not a soothing midwesterner (but in all seriousness, to me he just doesn't seem to be a very qualified guy to hold the job and I believe that there are many alternatives to him that I would rather see serve as SoS).
Indy Texas 🇺🇦🇵🇸
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #1669 on: July 16, 2016, 05:56:36 PM »

Bill Richardson is a has-been with a shady ethics record (Hillary does not need any more baggage in that department).

And she hates Richardson because he endorsed Obama after dropping out of the race in '08, despite basically owing his national career to his appointments in the Clinton administration.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1670 on: July 16, 2016, 07:05:00 PM »

Politico says Clinton will announce her pick on Friday in Florida:

http://www.politico.com/playbook

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.52

« Reply #1671 on: July 16, 2016, 07:05:36 PM »

Is there actually a reason for Hilary to not offer the job to John Kerry again if he wants it? He seems to actually enjoy being SoS and has been pretty decent at it.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1672 on: July 16, 2016, 07:08:27 PM »

Hickenlooper and Vilsack both asked if they're veep finalists, and they decline to answer:

http://wcfcourier.com/news/local/govt-and-politics/vilsack-hickenlooper-mum-on-being-potential-clinton-vp-picks/article_ede9db26-ce6b-5b29-b193-7f80247f2156.html
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1673 on: July 16, 2016, 07:12:52 PM »

Is there actually a reason for Hilary to not offer the job to John Kerry again if he wants it? He seems to actually enjoy being SoS and has been pretty decent at it.

I could see Kerry, Biden, Richardson, or even Susan Rice, or Jake Sullivan as Secretary of State.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1674 on: July 16, 2016, 07:14:02 PM »

Politico says Clinton will announce her pick on Friday in Florida:

http://www.politico.com/playbook

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Inb4 the Bill Nelson hype.
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 64 65 66 [67] 68 69 70 71 72 ... 91  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies