Clinton VP news LATEST: Podesta now calling the losers to tell them its not them
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 11, 2024, 06:46:26 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Clinton VP news LATEST: Podesta now calling the losers to tell them its not them
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 ... 91
Author Topic: Clinton VP news LATEST: Podesta now calling the losers to tell them its not them  (Read 181253 times)
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #275 on: May 10, 2016, 01:17:51 PM »

This is from last week, but I just noticed it now.  As already noted early in the thread, Tim Scott didn’t rule out accepting a VP offer from Trump when he was asked about it a few weeks ago.  However, last week, Scott offered a rather tepid endorsement of Trump that suggested he wasn’t really interested in doing much to assist Trump’s campaign:

http://www.postandcourier.com/20160504/160509724/haley-not-interested-in-being-trumps-vice-presidential-pick

You must be logged in to read this quote.

So, OK, he hasn’t ruled out accepting a running mate offer, but he sure doesn’t sound as enthusiastic about it as some of the others.

Scott would be a very strong choice.

Scott is a joke. He's corrupt and even unpopular in Florida.

The strongest choices would be Kasich, Haley, Sandoval or Martinez.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #276 on: May 10, 2016, 02:46:20 PM »

Scott is a joke. He's corrupt and even unpopular in Florida.

The article is talking about Tim Scott, not Rick Scott.
Fargobison

« Reply #277 on: May 10, 2016, 03:32:17 PM »

https://twitter.com/FOXLA/status/730131975416074241
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #278 on: May 10, 2016, 03:44:18 PM »

Carson is fired from the VP committee. Reportedly due to Carson publically stating Trump could pick a Democrat.

Likely rules out Jim Webb
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #279 on: May 10, 2016, 03:50:32 PM »

So probably:
Christie
Fallin
Gingrich
Rick Scott
Kasich?
Fargobison

« Reply #280 on: May 10, 2016, 03:58:20 PM »
« Edited: May 10, 2016, 04:02:49 PM by Fargobison »

Seems like Corker is gaining some steam, they were tossing his name around on CNN.

My thoughts...
Newt
Christie
Corker
Thune
Sessions
Fallin
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #281 on: May 10, 2016, 05:07:32 PM »

Carson is fired from the VP committee. Reportedly due to Carson publically stating Trump could pick a Democrat.

Even when Carson isn't a presidential candidate, he still manages to screw things up.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #282 on: May 10, 2016, 05:24:37 PM »

On CNN just now, confirmed that the list is 5-6 people, Christie is on it, Rubio and Pence are not.
Young Conservative
youngconservative
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #283 on: May 10, 2016, 07:06:19 PM »

I hope ernst is on the list
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #284 on: May 10, 2016, 08:19:49 PM »

On CNN just now, confirmed that the list is 5-6 people, Christie is on it, Rubio and Pence are not.

They've seen the list, mention Christie, and then just don't say who else is on it? What lousy journalism...

If its Clinton/Warren v. trump/Christie, I am going to go out and buy a case of champagne. Most of the case will be for the Cubs WS win, but a good amount will be the Blue (Atlas Red) landslide.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #285 on: May 10, 2016, 08:21:30 PM »

They've seen the list, mention Christie, and then just don't say who else is on it? What lousy journalism...

If its Clinton/Warren v. trump/Christie, I am going to go out and buy a case of champagne. Most of the case will be for the Cubs WS win, but a good amount will be the Blue (Atlas Red) landslide.

They haven't seen the list, they were told by Trump camp specifically about him in that he wasn't removed from it like some had been thinking.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #286 on: May 10, 2016, 08:23:34 PM »

Did Jim Webb make it? 
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #287 on: May 10, 2016, 08:32:59 PM »

Did Jim Webb make it? 

They don't know who's on it, just that they are not.
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #288 on: May 10, 2016, 08:40:30 PM »

They haven't seen the list, they were told by Trump camp specifically about him in that he wasn't removed from it like some had been thinking.

Copy that.
HAnnA MArin County
semocrat08
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #289 on: May 11, 2016, 05:51:29 AM »
« Edited: May 11, 2016, 05:54:22 AM by Bitch is the New Birkenstock »

Nikki Haley for Trump's VP, really?! Lol she strikes me as one of the saner Southern Republicans, which is frightening in of itself. I can hear the media now shredding Trump to pieces with the question, "You're anti-immigration but yet you pick a non-white immigrant to be on the ticket with you?" I really doubt Haley would accept.

He could always go rogue and pick Kim Davis if he's wanting a Southern Republican female Smiley but I don't think he really hates gay people as strongly as others in the party do who would do back flips for that selection.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #290 on: May 11, 2016, 05:54:34 AM »

Castro says “That’s not going to happen” when asked about being Clinton’s running mate.  But as with many other denials, that seems more like a prediction than a promise.  He also says that he hasn’t been contacted about vetting (yet):

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/05/10/politics/julian-castro-vice-president-hillary-clinton/

Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #291 on: May 11, 2016, 06:06:21 AM »

Trump indicating that the list is down to 5 or 6 people is interesting.  Do the people who are on the list know they’re on the list yet?  At some point, if vetting progresses further, they’ll presumably have discussions with the Trump people about it, and then their names could leak.  Are the short listers all likely to be people who’ve already endorsed Trump, or is he holding out hope on some of the higher profile Undecideds?

Both Bloomberg and the Columbus Dispatch paint a picture of Trump staffers (if not Trump himself) interested in Kasich as a potential running mate, while Kasich himself is adamantly opposed to the idea….and not even sure if he’s going to vote for Trump:

http://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2016-05-10/kasich-remains-cool-to-prospect-of-joining-trump-ticket
http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local/2016/05/10/ohio-politics-now-trump-campaign-reportedly-still-interested-in-kasich-for-running-mate.html

Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #292 on: May 11, 2016, 07:02:02 AM »

Newsmax claims that “a close confidante of Trump” has told them that Gingrich is on Trump’s short list, and that he is in fact “the leading candidate”:

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/newt-gingrich-tops-trump-vp/2016/05/10/id/728194/

Newsmax claims that they contacted Gingrich to see if he’d talked to the Trump campaign about being veep, and he said no.

Anyway, it’s Newsmax.  Take the whole thing with the appropriate grain of salt.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #293 on: May 11, 2016, 08:08:50 AM »

Tom Cotton doesn’t rule himself out of or into the veep talk:

http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2016-05-11/12-questions-for-tom-cotton

Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #294 on: May 11, 2016, 09:30:46 AM »

I read that Carson just “completed his task and made recommendations”; not that he was fired.

I guess these are the remaining six names (no particular order):

Marry Fallin
Rick Perry
Chris Christie
Newt Gingrich
Jan Brewer
Ted Cruz

Some dark horses, nobody has talked about yet: The Huck, Rick Santorum, Jeff Flake and Matt Mead. I think they could be under consideration as well.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #295 on: May 11, 2016, 09:49:34 AM »

Mary Fallin would be my top pick for VP

She has some advanatges, but also little name recognization outside her state, which is a GOP stronghold.
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -7.30

« Reply #296 on: May 11, 2016, 09:49:47 AM »

I read that Carson just “completed his task and made recommendations”; not that he was fired.

I guess these are the remaining six names (no particular order):

Marry Fallin
Rick Perry
Chris Christie
Newt Gingrich
Jan Brewer
Ted Cruz

Some dark horses, nobody has talked about yet: The Huck, Rick Santorum, Jeff Flake and Matt Mead. I think they could be under consideration as well.

Too many Governors. Trump has stated he wants someone who can navigate Congress.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #297 on: May 11, 2016, 10:12:18 AM »

If he picks Gingrich, between the two of them they'll have 4 divorces. Not sure how that looks to certain traditionally Republican groups.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #298 on: May 11, 2016, 10:14:19 AM »

If he picks Gingrich, between the two of them they'll have 4 divorces. Not sure how that looks to certain traditionally Republican groups.

Well, Trump may take the risk. The question is also: Does he want someone who is more useful in terms of getting elected or more useful in terms of governing. That's a difference.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #299 on: May 11, 2016, 11:13:42 AM »

Gingrich is interesting because it's possible he helps neutralize one of Clinton's big advantages, which is nostalgia for the success and stability of the '90s. Trump and Gingrich can just attribute the prosperity to the Republicans in Congress and argue that their ticket now has the winning recipe.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 ... 91  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies