Democrats only: Would you support the other candidate if they won?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 05:25:08 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Democrats only: Would you support the other candidate if they won?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: -skip-
Clinton supporter: Yes

Clinton supporter: No

Sanders supporter: Yes

Sanders supporter: No

Not a Democrat XD

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 93

Author Topic: Democrats only: Would you support the other candidate if they won?  (Read 818 times)
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 13, 2016, 01:14:01 AM »

Let's see how much Atlas Democrats care about party unity.

I'm option 3, of course.
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2016, 01:19:13 AM »

Everyone will in the end, aside from delusional hacks like Landslide Lyndon and jfern.
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -7.30

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2016, 01:27:36 AM »

Clinton supporter here, and yes I would absolutely 100% support Sanders with every fiber of my being, just like I enthusiastically supported Obama in 2008 after he beat Clinton.

Everybody who votes "no" in this poll are completely irresponsible. A Trump or Cruz presidency would be an outright disaster, leaving the republicans in control of both chambers of congress, the presidency and soon the supreme court.
Doimper
Doctor Imperialism

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2016, 01:51:14 AM »

Oops, I thought you meant the Republican candidate if they won the GE.

Clinton supporter here, and yes I would absolutely 100% support Sanders with every fiber of my being

This, except with Clinton and Sanders swapped
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2016, 02:13:42 AM »

Just to clarify, I'm asking if Clinton supporters would back Sanders if he were to win by some chance, and if Sanders supporters would back Clinton, should she win.
MisSkeptic
United States

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2016, 03:37:20 AM »

Either way I'll support both Clinton and Sanders. Reality tells me Hillary will clinch the nomination, but if it's Bernie then I would still support him. 
HAnnA MArin County
semocrat08
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2016, 03:49:04 AM »

The Bernie or Bust nuts are far too over-represented on this site.

No way he's going to win, but I would absolutely vote for him over Trump, Cruz, Kasich or any other Republican for that matter.
Mallow
United States

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2016, 07:11:36 AM »

Same. The idea that someone who supposedly supports Sanders would tacitly (or actually) help a Trump or a Cruz win in the GE is unfathomable to me.
izixs
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.31, S: -6.51

« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2016, 07:18:43 AM »

I kind of view support different than committing to voting for. I'll vote for the Democratic party nominee in the general if that's what you're asking. If you're asking instead if I'll make a determined effort to help campaign for the nominee if its not who I support in the primary, I'd need some very good convincing.

In short, I do kind of hate how this argument is phrased as it leaves out the middle ground. I have no interest in going rah-rah for Clinton even if I do vote for her at this time.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2016, 07:40:01 AM »

Everyone will in the end, aside from delusional hacks like Landslide Lyndon and jfern.
Is that why you're not a Democrat?

OP: Not everyone has to be a hardcore partisan. It's possible to be a Sanders/McAfee or Sanders/Johnson voter. Blue Dogs could easily be O'Malley/Kasich voters, especially in states like Florida.
Incipimus iterum
United States

« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2016, 07:43:57 AM »

As a Hillary Clinton supporter I would support Bernie Sanders if he is the nominee.
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2016, 08:02:08 AM »
« Edited: April 13, 2016, 08:07:41 AM by tmc »

(Sanders supporter, of course):
Other: If I had to vote in this poll, I would vote yes, but actually, I haven't decided yet is
my actual answer. Ask me on November 7. I think Clinton is slightly better than
Trump, even though she voted for the Iraq War which is a Huge reason not to
vote for her. Although to be fair, so did Kerry, Edwards, and Biden.

If it doesn't look like a close election between Clinton and Trump(/Cruz), then my vote is not needed. Currently there are no third parties on the ballot which is another reason to vote for Clinton.

The choice between Sanders and Clinton is certainly the greatest choice in my lifetime.

edit: I was talking about whether I'd vote for her. I already support her (assuming she wins) in the sense that I think to vote for someone like Trump is downright IMMORAL. Although I must say, it doesn't make sense to me to vote for Clinton in the primary. (not as bad as voting for Trump, of course) and Cruz is no better than Trump.
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2016, 08:16:00 AM »

Since I plan to vote for down ballot candidates and not stay home that increases the likelyhood that I will be voting for Clinton. If Clinton doesn't get at least 2026 delegates but gets the nomination, that would definately decrease the likelyhood that I would vote for her.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2016, 08:45:57 AM »

I could never feel enthusiastic about Hillary, but I'd vote for her against basically every Republican.
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2016, 09:16:57 AM »

No; I'm an independent for several reasons.
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2016, 09:54:20 AM »

Biden and Obama have now said that a woman should be POTUS. They did not specifically mention Clinton, although their statements could be inferred as an endorsement of her.

I agree that a woman should be POTUS. She should be a literal peacemaker, however, which many women are, but whether Clinton is or would be is not 100% certain to me, at this point in time. Argue that she should be and I will listen to your argument.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2016, 10:01:44 AM »

(would be registered democrat in the u.s.) no, i'd end up voting for a third-party candidate.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2016, 10:38:35 AM »

Yes, of course.
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2016, 10:38:52 AM »

Yes, of course (Clinton supporter).  I like both Clinton and Sanders, and a Trump or Cruz presidency would be horrendous.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2016, 01:35:50 PM »

Hillary is my first choice for the Democrats. If Bernie were the nominee, I would support him over Cruz or Ryan, but not over TRUMP or Kasich. I would support Hillary over any Republican except TRUMP (however, I would also be fine with Kasich as president).
Orser67
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2016, 01:55:05 PM »

I'd be a bit worried about how Sanders would handle the presidency, but I like a lot of his policies and I'd certainly vote for him in the general. Even if I didn't like Sanders at all, I'd vote for almost any remotely qualified individual, from either party, over Trump and Cruz.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2016, 05:27:24 PM »

I currently support neither. I'm leaning towards Clinton based on foreign policy, but my disdain for her makes it really hard. That combined with the underdog factor makes me relish Sanders' victories, even if I don't agree with his politics. I would give serious thought to voting for Trump or Cruz. Politically, I'm probably closer to Trump than anyone else in the field, but I don't think I'll be able to forgive his behavior and rhetoric. I used to hate Cruz, but I've warmed to him. Even if I disagree with his entire economic platform, the fact that he's a culture warrior is quite appealing to me.

If Clinton wins the nomination, there's a 70% chance I'll support her regardless of the GOP nominee. With Sanders, probably 80% if Trump wins and 60% if Cruz wins.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2016, 05:47:56 PM »

I currently support neither. I'm leaning towards Clinton based on foreign policy, but my disdain for her makes it really hard. That combined with the underdog factor makes me relish Sanders' victories, even if I don't agree with his politics. I would give serious thought to voting for Trump or Cruz. Politically, I'm probably closer to Trump than anyone else in the field, but I don't think I'll be able to forgive his behavior and rhetoric. I used to hate Cruz, but I've warmed to him. Even if I disagree with his entire economic platform, the fact that he's a culture warrior is quite appealing to me.

If Clinton wins the nomination, there's a 70% chance I'll support her regardless of the GOP nominee. With Sanders, probably 80% if Trump wins and 60% if Cruz wins.

What about a Kasich v. Clinton race?
VPH
vivaportugalhabs
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -0.17

« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2016, 07:29:04 PM »

Since neither of Webb or Lessig is running, I'll back Hillary
morgieb
Junior Chimp
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -8.70

« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2016, 09:09:46 PM »

I'm still not 100% convinced who I'm supporting (not that it matters given...y'know), but I if were American I'd of course vote for whoever the Democrats put up.

Those who say otherwise (and I mean this regardless of who you're backing)....you only have yourselves to blame if we get a President Trump/Cruz. Especially if you live in a swing state.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies