My writing. Anymistakes?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 10:38:17 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  My writing. Anymistakes?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: My writing. Anymistakes?  (Read 122 times)
v0031
China
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 07, 2016, 07:30:49 AM »
« edited: April 07, 2016, 08:11:10 AM by v0031 »

Christmas is more and more popular in China these years. Some are worried that young people spend too much time and money on this day. They pay more attention to it than most of the Chinese traditional holidays. As a result, much of the Chinese value has been forgotten. But other people have different ideas. They believe it’s just a common holiday to have fun with friends and family members. People don’t have to relate it to traditions, values and social differences.
   In my opinion, we can treat Christmas as a big holiday in China because it not only brings many happy moments but also economic benefits. If we are excited to see foreigners celebrate Chinese holidays happily, why can’t we enjoy some western holidays as well?
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2016, 03:36:27 PM »

We need to start saying Xīnnián hǎo again, folks.

Christmas is has become more and more popular in China these years. Some are worried that young people spend too much time and money on this day. They pay more attention to it than most of the Chinese traditional holidays. As a result, much many of the Chinese values has have been forgotten. But other people have different ideas. They believe it’s just a common holiday to have fun with friends and family members. People don’t have to relate it to traditions, values and social differences.
   In my opinion, we can treat Christmas as a big holiday in China because it not only brings many happy moments but also economic benefits. If we are excited to see foreigners celebrate Chinese holidays happily, why can’t we enjoy some western holidays as well?

Some might say not to start a sentence with "But." Most people will anyway. Integration into another sentence would be awkward.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies