Democratic Wisconsin Primary results thread (polls close at 9pm ET)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 27, 2024, 04:32:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Democratic Wisconsin Primary results thread (polls close at 9pm ET)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 19
Author Topic: Democratic Wisconsin Primary results thread (polls close at 9pm ET)  (Read 19184 times)
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #150 on: April 05, 2016, 06:38:27 PM »

Looks good for Hillary

one quarter of the electorate over 65

63% of the electorate over 45

For reference, in Michigan, it was:
18-29: 19%
30-44: 26%
45-64: 35%
65+: 20%

In Wisconsin in 2008, it was:
18-29: 16%
30-44: 22%
45-59: 34%
60+: 29%
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #151 on: April 05, 2016, 06:39:26 PM »

Am I the only one who has been surprised the polls have been showing this so close? Wisconsin seems like a tailor made state for Bernie, except for the fact that it's a primary rather than a caucus. Even then, it's an open primary.

It's still very possible the polls were junk and he'll win in a blowout, but if this is a single digit race...any theories?
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #152 on: April 05, 2016, 06:42:20 PM »

Am I the only one who has been surprised the polls have been showing this so close? Wisconsin seems like a tailor made state for Bernie, except for the fact that it's a primary rather than a caucus. Even then, it's an open primary.

It's still very possible the polls were junk and he'll win in a blowout, but if this is a single digit race...any theories?

If these exit polls are correct, the high number of older voters would be a big factor. We'll have to wait for the revised exit polls later tonight to know for sure what the key areas of interest are.
BundouYMB

« Reply #153 on: April 05, 2016, 06:42:32 PM »

Because he's losing nationally. In a landslide. Clinton will have won the popular vote by double digits when the primary is over.
Wiz in Wis

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #154 on: April 05, 2016, 06:43:24 PM »

Wisconsin Dems race is covered as if it's all Dane County. Sanders will, indeed, win a blowout here... but the rest of the state is far less liberal, and quite a bit older, on average.
Mehmentum
Icefire9
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #155 on: April 05, 2016, 06:46:33 PM »

Sanders just doesn't do that well outside of caucuses.  Wisconsin would be only his fifth primary win so far, and even then he only really got blowouts in the upper New England primaries.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #156 on: April 05, 2016, 06:55:54 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Should be good news for Sanders and Trump.
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #157 on: April 05, 2016, 07:01:20 PM »

Sanders just doesn't do that well outside of caucuses.  Wisconsin would be only his fifth primary win so far, and even then he only really got blowouts in the upper New England primaries.

And Queen Hillary just doesn't do that great outside of the South.
Wiz in Wis

« Reply #158 on: April 05, 2016, 07:02:41 PM »

Except in Ohio and Arizona.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #159 on: April 05, 2016, 07:03:09 PM »

Sanders just doesn't do that well outside of caucuses.  Wisconsin would be only his fifth primary win so far, and even then he only really got blowouts in the upper New England primaries.

If by "the South" you mean everything south of the Michigan-Ohio border, sure.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #160 on: April 05, 2016, 07:03:27 PM »

And Massachusetts
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #161 on: April 05, 2016, 07:04:52 PM »

And Massachusetts

And Illinois and Nevada.
Wiz in Wis

« Reply #162 on: April 05, 2016, 07:05:40 PM »

And Massachusetts

And Illinois and Nevada.

I was just counting the double digit wins... but fair points all around.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #163 on: April 05, 2016, 07:05:57 PM »

And Massachusetts

I wouldn't exactly say she did "great" there. She won by a point.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #164 on: April 05, 2016, 07:06:07 PM »

It's gonna be fun in June when Hockeydude has to admit that his beloved New Jersey is part of the Confederacy.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #165 on: April 05, 2016, 07:08:55 PM »

If Bernie only wins by a low single-digit margin, it could be because of high turnout in Milwaukee, him underperforming in Madison, Clinton winning the Green Bay area, or possibly Wisconsinite liking Sanders but being somewhat hesitant to vote for him (like in Ohio).

It's useless to try and dissect potential results, though. Only an hour before we start getting some real results!
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #166 on: April 05, 2016, 07:12:01 PM »

So many lines, especially at universities, thank you Walker!
Fusionmunster

« Reply #167 on: April 05, 2016, 07:13:11 PM »

I wonder how many people are getting there and being told they cant vote because they dont have proper ID. What a nightmare.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #168 on: April 05, 2016, 07:15:47 PM »

It's gonna be fun in June when Hockeydude has to admit that his beloved New Jersey is part of the Confederacy.

We have dated, oppressive, voter suppression laws having to do with having to declare party affiliation or some such nonsense.  I don't really count them as legitimate.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #169 on: April 05, 2016, 07:16:50 PM »

I wonder how many people are getting there and being told they cant vote because they dont have proper ID. What a nightmare.

And of course because of how this campaign is going, their first thought will be to blame the DNC and the Clinton campaign, and not Scott Walker. Just something to consider.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #170 on: April 05, 2016, 07:17:29 PM »

The problem is that poll workers don't even know some of the rules/laws. I've heard some stories of people getting turned away because their ID doesn't match their current address. It doesn't have to be, it just has to be a valid ID. Once they get the person in charge things are usually straightened out, but it takes time.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #171 on: April 05, 2016, 07:18:31 PM »

Just saw on MSNBC some people have been waiting for several hours. This is pure insanity.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #172 on: April 05, 2016, 07:19:28 PM »

And Massachusetts

I wouldn't exactly say she did "great" there. She won by a point.

And Bernie certainly didnt do that great in the primary states of NH, OK, VT, WI, and MI... I guess.  

I love the smuggness of Hillary supporters.  Wasn't this supposed to be some Gore 2000-type coronation?  SAD!  
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #173 on: April 05, 2016, 07:20:51 PM »

We have dated, oppressive, voter suppression laws having to do with having to declare party affiliation or some such nonsense.  I don't really count them as legitimate.

Weird that your state only lets Democrats vote for the Democratic nominee. Really hard to understand the logic behind that one.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #174 on: April 05, 2016, 07:21:43 PM »

Walker needs some good ol' fashioned H, D, and Q.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 19  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies